Author Topic: SOBRIETY  (Read 46750 times)

morningcommute

Re: SOBRIETY
« Reply #120 on: December 17, 2019, 01:05:09 PM »
Shout out to everyone who's making a conscious effort to improve their lives, in part, by the choice of sobriety.
I hope you all have a Shalom holiday season and stay strong.
You are by no means a failure if you relapse, but you may feel better about yourself if you can overcome your urges and abstain.

If you like not being sober 100% of the time then shalom to you too. Everyone's decisions and reasoning regarding drink and drugs is unique.

givecigstosurfgroms

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #121 on: December 17, 2019, 01:37:57 PM »
I have come to the conclusion that I am a social drinker. Struggled with social anxiety as long as I can remember (now 31) and use booze to combat awkward family and social situations. Ive noticed that I'll drink heavily but feel fine. However, as soon as the social event ends and I'm able to relax, it all hits me.

Wife and I are going to grab dinner with our neighbors tomorrow, will probably get hammered by accident. Hoping I stay strong.

Just saying maybe try experimenting with cannabis edibles.  I get pretty loose at work with the edibles, there is some yawn-y side effects but its good to mix it up and not turn into a  drunk.   Uh there's micro dosing extasy too ya know.  Or get a gram of blow, be selfish with it and don't drink at all.  Then get drunk some other time, all's Im saying is there's a world of substances out there and getting imaginative will help keep you out of dependancy.  Why not ?
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

woodsman

• Rep: 65
« Reply #122 on: December 17, 2019, 01:47:25 PM »
 Beautifully said commuters. I’m struggling but getting some sober practice for the holidays. A lot of suicide in the family so Christmas is something to just get through. Whatever your mental or sobriety state I hope everyone stays safe. Peace and Love

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1045
« Reply #123 on: December 18, 2019, 08:45:35 AM »
Expand Quote
I have come to the conclusion that I am a social drinker. Struggled with social anxiety as long as I can remember (now 31) and use booze to combat awkward family and social situations. Ive noticed that I'll drink heavily but feel fine. However, as soon as the social event ends and I'm able to relax, it all hits me.

Wife and I are going to grab dinner with our neighbors tomorrow, will probably get hammered by accident. Hoping I stay strong.
[close]

Just saying maybe try experimenting with cannabis edibles.  I get pretty loose at work with the edibles, there is some yawn-y side effects but its good to mix it up and not turn into a  drunk.   Uh there's micro dosing extasy too ya know.  Or get a gram of blow, be selfish with it and don't drink at all.  Then get drunk some other time, all's Im saying is there's a world of substances out there and getting imaginative will help keep you out of dependancy.  Why not ?

I live in California and grew up using copious amounts of cannabis but, unfortunately, any strain or amount gives me ridiculously high anxiety. Thought about micro-dosing LSD but wife would be pissed if she found a sheet of acid in the house.

I rarely do a "New Years Resolution" as I find associating a specific date to change a bit odd... but have a couple coming for next year. #1 is to get back in shape, #2 is to stop drinking for the sake of killing anxiety.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #124 on: December 18, 2019, 08:57:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I live in California and grew up using copious amounts of cannabis but, unfortunately, any strain or amount gives me ridiculously high anxiety. Thought about micro-dosing LSD but wife would be pissed if she found a sheet of acid in the house.

I rarely do a "New Years Resolution" as I find associating a specific date to change a bit odd... but have a couple coming for next year. #1 is to get back in shape, #2 is to stop drinking for the sake of killing anxiety.
   I can feel u with pot increaing the anxitey but oral might be different for u?  Alot people get put off cause of the effects of smoking or vaping or accidently od-ing with the edibles.  Expeimenting with low dose edibles might provide different results.  My brother thought pot gave him anixity but found a new window later in life where it helps him sleep now and chill when off work.  Appologize here if im telling u stuff u already know btw.

fakie nollie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #125 on: December 18, 2019, 09:24:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
   I can feel u with pot increaing the anxitey but oral might be different for u?  Alot people get put off cause of the effects of smoking or vaping or accidently od-ing with the edibles.  Expeimenting with low dose edibles might provide different results.  My brother thought pot gave him anixity but found a new window later in life where it helps him sleep now and chill when off work.  Appologize here if im telling u stuff u already know btw.

All good but, I gotta ask... are you drunk right now?

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #126 on: December 18, 2019, 10:40:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

Stoned all the time on weed.  I don't really drink cause it makes me listless.  Havent been drunk in more than a year and that was prolly only 5 beers anyway.  I broke my rib skating flatground after leaving the pub that nite.  That irish stout fucks me up.  If Im travelling I might get into some party drugs.  I always do acid or mushrooms every 6 months or so but sometimes I ramp that up a bit.  If im surfing alot I'll start with more of the acid.

no habla mango

• Rep: -63
« Reply #127 on: December 18, 2019, 10:45:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
  Stoned all the time on weed.  I don't really drink cause it makes me listless.  Havent been drunk in more than a year and that was prolly only 5 beers anyway.  I broke my rib skating flatground after leaving the pub that nite.  That irish stout fucks me up.  If Im travelling I might get into some party drugs.  I always do acid or mushrooms every 6 months or so but sometimes I ramp that up a bit.  If im surfing alot I'll start with more of the acid.
what if locals karate chop your board and send you into a bad trip? i've seen some brutal fights over who's wave it is.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #128 on: December 18, 2019, 11:13:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]
what if locals karate chop your board and send you into a bad trip? i've seen some brutal fights over who's wave it is.
  People hate me for sure.  The weird thing with the acid is i find shiddy aggressive  line ups actually add to the fun (because ultimately navigating a line up is metal jit jit su).  Ive gotten so stoked ive forgotten i took the acid.   
  Lol i think the last time i was in the water i was on acid.  I rode a wave that was worth remembering and jumped off my board and the offshores were so strong the board flipped and the striger came in violent contact with the top of my head.  ALL of my teeth hurt from the blow.  There was one other dude out and he said, "ive never in my life seen anyone hit in the head with anything that hard in my life"
« Last Edit: December 18, 2019, 11:22:43 AM by givecigstosurfgroms »

slippy

• Rep: 83
« Reply #129 on: December 18, 2019, 02:51:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
  People hate me for sure.  The weird thing with the acid is i find shiddy aggressive  line ups actually add to the fun (because ultimately navigating a line up is metal jit jit su).  Ive gotten so stoked ive forgotten i took the acid.   
  Lol i think the last time i was in the water i was on acid.  I rode a wave that was worth remembering and jumped off my board and the offshores were so strong the board flipped and the striger came in violent contact with the top of my head.  ALL of my teeth hurt from the blow.  There was one other dude out and he said, "ive never in my life seen anyone hit in the head with anything that hard in my life"

That's some Suciu level wordsmithing
people who refuse to use apple products can blow my fucking stupid hog

fakie nollie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #130 on: December 18, 2019, 03:32:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

Did you eat a lot of paint chips as a kid?

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #131 on: December 18, 2019, 05:25:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]

Wow ur an insincere cunt!  I was jus trying to help, ur life wasnt sounding to fun.  Need to be drunk to stand ur wifes friends.

fakie nollie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #132 on: December 19, 2019, 01:55:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
  Wow ur an insincere cunt!  I was jus trying to help, ur life wasnt sounding to fun.  Need to be drunk to stand ur wifes friends.

They're both our friends. Update- went to dinner last night and I consumed 2.5 doubles of whisky. Accidentally yelled "Boomer" in a restaurant full of boomers. Wife told our Lebanese friend she'd never visit the middle east, that spiced up the evening. Altogether a great time!

This conversation makes me want to drink.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2019, 06:44:59 AM by fakie nollie »

WastedHippy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #133 on: December 19, 2019, 10:10:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]

lmao I'll answer for him and say yes.

Your dinner sounded hilarious, yelling boomer loudly in the restaurant haha

slippy

• Rep: 83
« Reply #134 on: December 20, 2019, 08:28:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

They're both our friends. Update- went to dinner last night and I consumed 2.5 doubles of whisky. Accidentally yelled "Boomer" in a restaurant full of boomers. Wife told our Lebanese friend she'd never visit the middle east, that spiced up the evening. Altogether a great time!

This conversation makes me want to drink.

lulzzzz that's really funny haha sounds awkward but funny!  Especially the Middle East part, sheesh
people who refuse to use apple products can blow my fucking stupid hog

dbart

• Rep: 0
« Reply #135 on: December 20, 2019, 11:02:32 AM »
Its completely normal in Canada to drink every day, and not small amounts either.

If you drink 24 cans of beer a day that's considered pretty normal.

I can back that up... I also have been trying to quit drinking though.. it was mostly cause of problems with my ex and stuff like that. got into some messy situations drinking heavy and doing drugs.. fights, getting stranded, spending a check in one night. just gotta chill when i do drink and not go overboard. me and my friends dont know when to stop.. many sleepless nights filled with shenanigans and lots of blow.. ahhaha fuck. I find if you just try to control yourself you can get by with it.. just cant binge and shit like that constantly

BSE

fakie nollie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #136 on: December 21, 2019, 06:47:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Its completely normal in Canada to drink every day, and not small amounts either.

[close]

I can back that up... I also have been trying to quit drinking though.. it was mostly cause of problems with my ex and stuff like that. got into some messy situations drinking heavy and doing drugs.. fights, getting stranded, spending a check in one night. just gotta chill when i do drink and not go overboard. me and my friends dont know when to stop.. many sleepless nights filled with shenanigans and lots of blow.. ahhaha fuck. I find if you just try to control yourself you can get by with it.. just cant binge and shit like that constantly

24 cans of beer in a day? That’s fucking metal.

I live in Southern California but am in Sweden once a month or so. Sweden in winter, along with their government sanctioned liquor stores, would make me want to do drugs. 3 hours of light is not meant to be lived in.

Kevve

• Rep: 6
« Reply #137 on: December 22, 2019, 08:46:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

24 cans of beer in a day? That’s fucking metal.

I live in Southern California but am in Sweden once a month or so. Sweden in winter, along with their government sanctioned liquor stores, would make me want to do drugs. 3 hours of light is not meant to be lived in.

Welcome to winter depression mate! It never hit me until some years ago that other places have more light hours even tho they have the same seasons as us. Growing up i never realised how little sunlight we get during winter..

I watched Dill on the nine club some weeks ago and he said something like he didnt see sunlight for a whole year, dude that is like half our lifes right there haha.

Scandinavian fall/winters is a 6 months long smoke session with hash only. That being said im gonna take a WHOLE WEEK from smoking between Christmas & new years.

I dont want to quit really
 just not smoke every day.. New week, new possibilities!

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
« Reply #138 on: December 22, 2019, 10:13:54 PM »
Got the news that one of AA dudes commited suicide. Very few are still sober.

Stay safe.

samz

• Rep: 0
« Reply #139 on: December 23, 2019, 07:19:49 AM »
6 months sober today after reading about the This Naked Mind book on this forum. It worked - the author goes a bit preachy but it did what I need it to. Thanks Slap!

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
  • tiger style
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #140 on: December 23, 2019, 07:47:47 AM »
6 months sober today after reading about the This Naked Mind book on this forum. It worked - the author goes a bit preachy but it did what I need it to. Thanks Slap!

nice!

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #141 on: December 23, 2019, 08:09:06 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

nice!

Yeah, good job. Success stories are few and far between, so I'm glad for you.

fakie nollie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #142 on: December 23, 2019, 09:02:39 AM »

Stay safe.

Sorry to hear that.

Despite my social drinking, I had a few years of heavy benzo addiction and abuse that tore my life apart. After going to rehab, those were (at the time) some of the closest bonds I ever made with another man. Every week after leaving, a new text would come through about someone we were in treatment with either OD'ing or committing suicide. Recovery is a beast that is hard to tame.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #143 on: December 23, 2019, 10:59:34 AM »
Expand Quote

Stay safe.
[close]

Sorry to hear that.

Despite my social drinking, I had a few years of heavy benzo addiction and abuse that tore my life apart. After going to rehab, those were (at the time) some of the closest bonds I ever made with another man. Every week after leaving, a new text would come through about someone we were in treatment with either OD'ing or committing suicide. Recovery is a beast that is hard to tame.

Indeed. When you start life over from nothing, there are some strong bonds to be formed. When I came out of rehab I was afraid of my own shadow. My two, to be, best friends where sitting there in heavy withdrawal, so I had to provide some sanity in their nightmare. I was about four months sober. The bonds we formed there and then are still strong to this day.

Again, everybody, stay safe.

woodsman

• Rep: 65
« Reply #144 on: December 23, 2019, 01:35:33 PM »
I have been through a ton of horrible medical problems lately. I just got cut off from oxycodone today because i took to much and ran out early. I have a colostomy bag and have to use crutches to leave the house. I have a vascular necrosis in my hip, dead bone I need a hip replacement and my intestines ruptured spilling shit into my body that required emergency surgery. I have been on Oxycodone for 5 months and my dr. Is out of town and the covering doc decided to cut me off from oxy. So I’m gonna go through intense withdrawals while 7 family members converge on my house for Christmas. I thought about just killing myself on Christmas Day but I think I’m going to try to ride it out. Here comes the pain. Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, 4th of July greetings. It really sucks how dependent you become on a drug like oxy.

fakie nollie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #145 on: December 23, 2019, 04:52:16 PM »
I have been through a ton of horrible medical problems lately. I just got cut off from oxycodone today because i took to much and ran out early. I have a colostomy bag and have to use crutches to leave the house. I have a vascular necrosis in my hip, dead bone I need a hip replacement and my intestines ruptured spilling shit into my body that required emergency surgery. I have been on Oxycodone for 5 months and my dr. Is out of town and the covering doc decided to cut me off from oxy. So I’m gonna go through intense withdrawals while 7 family members converge on my house for Christmas. I thought about just killing myself on Christmas Day but I think I’m going to try to ride it out. Here comes the pain. Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, 4th of July greetings. It really sucks how dependent you become on a drug like oxy.

I am really sorry to hear that. Stay strong and ride it out. Tell your family you have the flu, whatever helps. Your Christmas miracle could be you kicking dope for good.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #146 on: December 24, 2019, 12:30:33 AM »
I ain't gonna lie, hell awaits. Good luck and try to get as much food and sleep as you can.

os89

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1177
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #147 on: December 24, 2019, 03:55:20 AM »
Fuck I need to stop taking oxy too and I don't have any of the problems you have woodsman. Never mentioned it on here yet because I'm ashamed I guess. Feel like an asshole. Been on it past month or so. Not too long, but need to stop. I need to figure this shit out. God damn. Good luck bro, you can do it. What doesn't kill you, right?

blowjobtofakie

• Rep: 103
« Reply #148 on: December 24, 2019, 10:22:59 AM »
Fuck I need to stop taking oxy too and I don't have any of the problems you have woodsman. Never mentioned it on here yet because I'm ashamed I guess. Feel like an asshole. Been on it past month or so. Not too long, but need to stop. I need to figure this shit out. God damn. Good luck bro, you can do it. What doesn't kill you, right?

Struggled with benzos of and on for a hellacious two years. Withdrawal is always a mother fucker, but coming of them is easier at one month, instead of two. Just taper of and accept that it’s better to stop now than later. Don’t be ashamed, happens to a lot of us around here. You got it, brotha. Always appreciate your posts, you seem to have your head on straight.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #149 on: December 24, 2019, 10:47:06 AM »
   You could drag all ur shit downtown and score ur oxys lol but maybe that visiting doc is a blessing.  Nex time ur doc gives u some you could just sell it.   I dont know wtf happened to u man but heres to u comming back hard!  Good luck.