Author Topic: SOBRIETY  (Read 46752 times)

os89

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1177
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: SOBRIETY
« Reply #150 on: December 25, 2019, 05:10:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Fuck I need to stop taking oxy too and I don't have any of the problems you have woodsman. Never mentioned it on here yet because I'm ashamed I guess. Feel like an asshole. Been on it past month or so. Not too long, but need to stop. I need to figure this shit out. God damn. Good luck bro, you can do it. What doesn't kill you, right?
[close]

Struggled with benzos of and on for a hellacious two years. Withdrawal is always a mother fucker, but coming of them is easier at one month, instead of two. Just taper of and accept that it’s better to stop now than later. Don’t be ashamed, happens to a lot of us around here. You got it, brotha. Always appreciate your posts, you seem to have your head on straight.

Thanks man. I (stupidly) tried to use the oxys like I did tramadol in the past to taper off drinking. That worked and wasnt drinking for a couple years but then back at it. This was probably a bad idea though. Just hasn't worked out. The tramadol actually helped me feel like I didn't need to drink, but the oxys have just made shit worse by basically just adding on. Going to try and taper off just feel like I fucked up so bad. Ugh

Carrolls Chesthairs

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 117
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #151 on: December 25, 2019, 06:07:27 AM »
Anybody try using CBD as a coping vice?

My girlfriend and I are planning a sober January.

I've sketched out potential activities, dates, and morning plans so I feel obligated to attend/skate/yoga with enough rest.

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1045
« Reply #152 on: December 26, 2019, 08:55:15 AM »
^^ No, but give it a go. I’d say the best thing I ever did for my physical and mental health was staying totally sober from any substances for about a year after rehab.

Years ago (and prior to obliterating my memories with benzos), I heard something that stuck with me for about a decade, and still does. There’s probably a psychological term for this but, basically, your current substance abuse reverts your brain to the state it was in when you first began substance abuse, primarily on the level in which your emotional maturity... well, matures. How you socially interact with people, experience love/loss, deal with stress etc.

I thought nothing of this until I actually using substances for an extended period of time and could actually tell I perceived all the aforementioned characteristics of my emotional health “evolving”. I became less self conscious, overcame social anxiety and learned how to love in a more mature way. Since I had began my perpetual use of drugs/alcohol at the age of 15 and ended at 25, I could actually see the drastic change in how I interacted with the above issues.

For anyone reading this, I’m not trying to preach total sobriety. All I’m saying is, if you give it a shot, there’s a chance you will emotionally evolve as a human.

Side note- due to heavy rain in Southern California yesterday, I was the DD for my wife’s family for about 100 miles worth of driving. That was the first Christmas spent with family I did not get hammered just the bare their presence and it felt pretty good.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2019, 09:05:04 AM by fakie nollie »

Peter Zagreus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 85
« Reply #153 on: December 26, 2019, 11:32:11 AM »
Stupid hungover right now... be thankful ye sober ones.

woodsman

• Rep: 65
« Reply #154 on: December 27, 2019, 03:58:51 PM »
I fucked up guys. I went and copped dope. I couldn’t go through withdrawals with my family converging on Christmas. It was my first time with that shit. My doc was out of town and the doc filling in basically told me to go fuck my self. There is something so dark and scary when you start a drug like herion. I have a unique situation with so many medical problems but I made the choice to start doing dope when I ran out of oxy because I couldn’t handle stopping abruptly. I’m not looking for any sympathy because I made a choice to go buy that shit and snort it up my nose.
I’m in a dark place for sure.

m bison

• Rep: -6
« Reply #155 on: December 27, 2019, 04:03:01 PM »
I fucked up guys. I went and copped dope. I couldn’t go through withdrawals with my family converging on Christmas. It was my first time with that shit. My doc was out of town and the doc filling in basically told me to go fuck my self. There is something so dark and scary when you start a drug like herion. I have a unique situation with so many medical problems but I made the choice to start doing dope when I ran out of oxy because I couldn’t handle stopping abruptly. I’m not looking for any sympathy because I made a choice to go buy that shit and snort it up my nose.
at least enjoy it if you're on it. beating yourself up just ruins today, it doesn't help you kick tomorrow. wean if you can, get on suboxins for maintenance if you can't do it alone. we got a few days pre-new yrs, don't trip too hard. think of where you wanna be and you can get there. also. it takes most people 7 tries to break a bad habit so don't get discouraged. like skating, try over and over and eventually you land something.

woodsman

« Reply #156 on: December 27, 2019, 04:18:24 PM »
Thanks bud. I want this to be a short bridge to something else.

WastedHippy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #157 on: December 27, 2019, 04:33:54 PM »

At least your in this mindset and not making excuses for yourself, good luck man and try to stay strong

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #158 on: December 27, 2019, 04:52:47 PM »
It's hard to hear about pals struggling with pills. I had a long bout with them and kicking was definitely one of the hardest things I've ever done.

@woodsman - I was in a really similar situation to you. I was in a bad accident and got put on oxys when I got out of the hospital and was just left on them. The pain doc I had was fine with writing the scripts but pretty much the rest of the medical infrastructure gave me shit about it. I ran out all the time and was constantly having my doc change the dosage to be able to get my scripts filled. I started buying bootleg pills and was pretty sure I was gonna catch a dose of fentanyl and people would just think I finally killed myself. Also shit was expensive as fuck. After multiple times of having this happen, one time I just decided I was done and that I would take the withdrawals to the face. If I had it to do all over again I would insist that someone get me in some kind of rehab because I still struggle with the depression that I got from that and the accident. I definitely could have used some guidance. I don't know what kind of recovery you're looking at but the one thing I will say about mine is that staying on pills definitely slowed it down and made it hard to judge what was real pain and what was withdrawals.

Here's to all you folks getting well as soon as you can. I'm no expert but hit me up if you want to talk about it. You know I'm always on here.

them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
« Reply #159 on: December 27, 2019, 05:17:18 PM »

Standard to fall, just get back up. You already know that you opened a pretty big can of worms. Get help, don't wait for it to get worse.

Good luck and I hope you wont become a statistic.

EricLogan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 836
  • the ghost of Turd Ferguson's past
« Reply #160 on: December 27, 2019, 06:23:59 PM »
Anybody try using CBD as a coping vice?

My girlfriend and I are planning a sober January.

I've sketched out potential activities, dates, and morning plans so I feel obligated to attend/skate/yoga with enough rest.

Not sure what you're coping with, but I've got a friend who was quite the drinker who had to cut out drinking to go on a long term (1 year) medication who credits much of his success to CBD products. Not sure what the legal situation is on cannabis/hemp products in your area, but around here dispensary staff are a fantastic, free resource of knowledge regarding CBD, and may also provide sample-size quantities in case you're weary of fully investing in any given product.

Hope this finds you well, friend.
I rarely venture into classic slap and the one time I do it I find a guy getting his dick eaten by a dolphin.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #161 on: December 27, 2019, 06:26:49 PM »

I quit heroin once.   Maybe ask for help from your family.  What I did is stayed in a trailer on an inlet really far from any dope.  I had weed and stuff.   If you can get away man from accessability, that's the only thing that will work.  And with drawals are pretty cray dude. The nights aren't good but the days are fine.   I wouldn't contact the authorities tho. They hate you.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

woodsman

« Reply #162 on: December 27, 2019, 08:16:47 PM »
Thanks guys. I’ve heard from Artie Lange that withdrawals are like the Flu times ten but I still think I can handle that. I’m now in a mind set that the time has to be right for me to take a week to be bed ridden and sick. And I totally get that the time won’t be right for a month, year, years. I’m fucked if I tell doctors what I’ve been up to and I’m having two surgeries in the next 4 months. I can make excuses forever. The brave thing to do would be to just stop and deal with the pain. I’m not sure I have it though. Bravery.

slippy

• Rep: 83
« Reply #163 on: December 30, 2019, 08:40:24 AM »
Taking off drinking mon-thurs for January.  Not a lot but it's progress for me.
people who refuse to use apple products can blow my fucking stupid hog

dooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
« Reply #164 on: December 30, 2019, 09:02:55 AM »
Two years sober now. Something like that. Stopped counting the days and weeks because that's soft. I fucked up in the summer and allowed myself half a bottle of some weak piss at a farewell party (wack, I know) but it's officially unofficial.

Yes, I do want to drink. All the time but not at all. It sort of sucks but feels great at the same time. Good luck to all on this journey.

theresnothinghere

• Rep: 33
  • ugly with a heart of gold
« Reply #165 on: December 30, 2019, 12:05:10 PM »
Also not really super into drugs/alcohol but whenever I do partake, I go all out. Last time I got super fucked up and had some blood in my pee. Went to the doctor and they said my tests were good but not to drink like that and gave me some medicine. Also trying to stop and being scared of it helps with that but it's hella hard to socialize without being fucked up. Someone recommended filling a beer can with water and carrying that around so that people don't offer you drinks.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #166 on: December 30, 2019, 01:58:41 PM »
Also not really super into drugs/alcohol but whenever I do partake, I go all out. Last time I got super fucked up and had some blood in my pee. Went to the doctor and they said my tests were good but not to drink like that and gave me some medicine. Also trying to stop and being scared of it helps with that but it's hella hard to socialize without being fucked up. Someone recommended filling a beer can with water and carrying that around so that people don't offer you drinks.
  Watch the new Tired video.  Pay attention to the dude with all the tats leaving massive sweat stains on the floor slamming constantly.   Dimes to dounuts that dudes been drinking more then hes been skating the last 20 or so years and time flys.  If ur enveloped in social groups u need to be drunk to withstand try going backpacking solo for some months. Be that guy.  Extreme measures to get rid of these twisted dependancies. 

thot juice

• Rep: -54
« Reply #167 on: December 30, 2019, 08:45:59 PM »
sparkeling water - san p, perrier - is an easy alternative especially in social situations when u just want something to grasp plus sum ppl even find it kinda classy even though they 1$ lul

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #168 on: December 30, 2019, 09:51:58 PM »
(San p is a nestle product jus mentioning)

thot juice

• Rep: -54
« Reply #169 on: December 30, 2019, 10:48:15 PM »
fml so is Perrier my bad I drink a lottt of San p u know I luv the fancy fizz gonna have to set up my sodastream

jtrpma

• Rep: 45
  • PMA
« Reply #170 on: December 30, 2019, 11:26:32 PM »

Yeah! Being aware of your situation is the first and a very important step.

Maybe starting a therapy or program simultaneously can help to keep consumption as low as possible and improve the situation. Maybe at least stabilize it.
Good luck and good strength, man.

PMA

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 255
  • tiger style
« Reply #171 on: December 31, 2019, 07:09:50 AM »
Taking off drinking mon-thurs for January.  Not a lot but it's progress for me.

i've been doing this for a while now. i'd encourage you to work in some exceptions so that you don't have to feel like you are cheating and get discouraged. mine is for social occasions, example, new years eve tomorrow. i was thinking about making it so that i had 3 drinking days each week and making it so that if i used one during the week then i gave up a weekend but for now i'm keeping it simple. overall i've been drinking less and i think it's a great change. i've also been taking off weeks here and there for the holidays. so all last week i drank for xmas break but still kept it chill. i did the same for thanksgiving.

anyway man, good luck. hope this works out well for you.

WastedHippy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #172 on: December 31, 2019, 02:06:58 PM »
Been going pretty hard in December, taking all of January off drinking, basically the aim is to not drink until the superbowl and I'm feeling pretty positive about change but we'll see how I handle it when faced with opportunities to drink with friends or go to the bar after a skate day or whatever. Trying to use the month off to just get some good routines in play.

Algar

• Rep: 28
« Reply #173 on: December 31, 2019, 02:49:50 PM »
So my idea of not drinking for my 35th year alive lasted about a month.  Oh well, moving on, I'm taking january fully off, and from there I'm gonna allow myself to drink, but not at all at home.  Not drinking at home in the past has served me pretty well.  I usually end up having less than ten beers a week, and can still let a little loose here or there.

Good luck to you all to do positive shit in your lives in the new year!

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #174 on: January 01, 2020, 09:40:35 AM »
I’d be day drinking some Budweiser’s right now if I wasn’t in a leg brace and could drive to the liquor store. I hope anyone who’s struggling can hang in there. It’ll be spring soon.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 255
  • tiger style
« Reply #175 on: January 01, 2020, 11:20:45 AM »
So my idea of not drinking for my 35th year alive lasted about a month.  Oh well, moving on, I'm taking january fully off, and from there I'm gonna allow myself to drink, but not at all at home.  Not drinking at home in the past has served me pretty well.  I usually end up having less than ten beers a week, and can still let a little loose here or there.

Good luck to you all to do positive shit in your lives in the new year!

I really like this idea!

It wouldn’t work for me. We just got our dream home last year and are pretty much home bodies now.

woodsman

« Reply #176 on: January 01, 2020, 01:36:45 PM »
Been clean 53 hours. I feel awful but I’m really trying to do this. The wave of emotions hit me harder than the wave of nausea. Had a few good cry’s, like shaking drooling cry’s. Opioid’s are the problem but no booze or anything as that will instantly crack my willpower. I’ll keep you posted.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #177 on: January 01, 2020, 02:09:22 PM »
Been clean 53 hours. I feel awful but I’m really trying to do this. The wave of emotions hit me harder than the wave of nausea. Had a few good cry’s, like shaking drooling cry’s. Opioid’s are the problem but no booze or anything as that will instantly crack my willpower. I’ll keep you posted.
Keep it going. In my experience, at 53 hours, it isn't getting any worse. You're dealing with worst of it so you just have to push through. Shalom Mind Power
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

waffle

• Rep: 123
« Reply #178 on: January 01, 2020, 05:02:05 PM »
Not an addict in any way but wondering if any addicts/former addicts can comment on something I (and others) have observed:

Why do so many former drug addicts become die hard conservatives?

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #179 on: January 01, 2020, 09:24:30 PM »
  Wow dude.   Right on just gets gradually easier after another 3 nights of hell.  Pretty cray.  Id get some fuckin weed but thats just me, whatever works.  Pretty cool man.