Author Topic: SOBRIETY  (Read 46835 times)

jtrpma

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 45
  • PMA
Re: SOBRIETY
« Reply #180 on: January 01, 2020, 09:35:31 PM »
Been clean 53 hours. I feel awful but I’m really trying to do this. The wave of emotions hit me harder than the wave of nausea. Had a few good cry’s, like shaking drooling cry’s. Opioid’s are the problem but no booze or anything as that will instantly crack my willpower. I’ll keep you posted.

Good strength, man! When it comes to days and hours a good tv show can help a lot. Something comfortable but bland... Seinfeld or that 70s show is a good time waster

PMA

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #181 on: January 01, 2020, 10:51:16 PM »
Not an addict in any way but wondering if any addicts/former addicts can comment on something I (and others) have observed:

Why do so many former drug addicts become die hard conservatives?

if i can't have it nobody can

i am having a go at being sober.  ultimate props to those high achievers who can have a great time on drugs and alcohol and generally kill it at life/career

unfortunately for me i am not one of these people
listen to cosmic psychos

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
« Reply #182 on: January 02, 2020, 03:23:08 AM »
Not an addict in any way but wondering if any addicts/former addicts can comment on something I (and others) have observed:

Sounds like a U.S. phenomena, never heard of it or seen it. Here, in Gay Europe, the opposite would be more likely to occur. Ex-addicts tend to lean towards more generous treatment of addicts-> more government spending-> more higher/bigger state. But i've never actually seen any strong opinions either way.

Expand Quote
Been clean 53 hours. I feel awful but I’m really trying to do this. The wave of emotions hit me harder than the wave of nausea. Had a few good cry’s, like shaking drooling cry’s. Opioid’s are the problem but no booze or anything as that will instantly crack my willpower. I’ll keep you posted.
[close]
Keep it going. In my experience, at 53 hours, it isn't getting any worse. You're dealing with worst of it so you just have to push through. Shalom Mind Power

On heroin/oxy's: you're on a good path. Methadone/sub: just getting starded. Keep fighting, man!
« Last Edit: January 02, 2020, 03:24:40 AM by iKobrakai »

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1045
« Reply #183 on: January 02, 2020, 07:07:59 AM »

Im taking jab at something held sacred to recovering addicts, but... I blame the 12 step program. Heavily surrounds the idea that you can’t trust your own decisions and that you need to trust god. Most conservatives, in my experience, have this same blind “I am not responsible for my own actions but God is behind my wheel” mentality when they speak about their (primarily Christian or Mormon) god.

I technically went to a 12 step rehab but immediately stopped following a 12 step program when I got out. Happy it helps people but not for me. I watched some seriously dumb mother fuckers guide drug addicts because they “mastered” the 12 steps. Blind leading the blind.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #184 on: January 02, 2020, 09:13:57 AM »
I agree, idiots will love the idea of someboby else responsible for their fuck-ups. Reasonable people will give another meaning to God. In my experience, people who talk the dumbest shit are the same that are least qualified, in terms of working the steps and reading the litterature of AA.

I get how newbies get pushed away by all the retards and why AA has such low success rate. It is a shame that mindless fucktards is all people see. Noboby talks about the dude who works hard, pays back his debts and helps others.

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #185 on: January 02, 2020, 03:37:45 PM »
I’m trying to quit weed. Right now it’s 4 joints a day but today so far I’ve yet to smoke. I don’t have an appetite anymore and sleeping is incredibly difficult without weed. I’m trying to go cold turkey but in anyone’s experience that was able to quit what did you do?

fakie nollie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1045
« Reply #186 on: January 02, 2020, 04:09:56 PM »
I’m trying to quit weed. Right now it’s 4 joints a day but today so far I’ve yet to smoke. I don’t have an appetite anymore and sleeping is incredibly difficult without weed. I’m trying to go cold turkey but in anyone’s experience that was able to quit what did you do?

I don’t know about anyone else but it was super easy for me to stop smoking weed. Then again, I felt like a paranoid schizophrenic when I smoked weed, so I felt less like the government was going to kill me and more like I actually understood what is happening in my direct 10’ radius.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 256
  • tiger style
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #187 on: January 03, 2020, 07:44:15 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Same here. If I had to face how much I spent on trees in the last year I would be really bummed. And I’m more and more starting to realize how it contributes to/causes my anxiety and paranoia. It really gets in the way of me doing what I want to do more than I’d like to admit. I’m still getting by but I know I’m not living at my full potential, mentally, socially...

it’s been a habit for a long time. When I stop I’m just like filled with dissatisfaction and the feeling of something being missing, lol.. or maybe I always feel that and weed just helps distract or forget about it for a while. I don’t really feel okay on or off it, but in different ways. But being on it is getting to expensive, and taxing to my mental.

Even just slowing down would be amazing, for my mind and wallet. definitely told myself before “I’m only gonna smoke on weekends now” or “only in the evenings” but never stick to that for any time at all. No accountability I guess.

i quit about 5 years back after talking to people in a similar thread on here. dr drew what you are describing was my exact situation. i was having really bad anxiety and paranoia and honestly mild schizophrenia is the best way i can describe it. this new kind of weed just makes your mind race and looking back i think the problem was that i'd be blasted and just try and chill at home and my mind would race and not always go to pleasant places. on top of that it really limited me socially without me really knowing. i'm a pretty social guy, probably annoyingly so, but when i smoked i pretty much only wanted to chill with people who smoked. at work without even knowing who did or didn't 100% there was a filtering going on. for me this was complicated by the fact that i'm pretty hyperactive and my career was going well. so financially it wasn't a strain and having naturally high energy levels i was functioning well.

after quitting i almost immediately figured out how to start a company which was something i had been obsessing on for years. but always hitting my one hitter when pulling out the parking lot of work made it pretty limited in how i could put in the extra time to get a side hustle started and the years of effort it takes to grow that side hustle into the main hustle. i know for sure this wouldn't have happened if i was smoking. as i mentioned the social thing was a big deal. i found that after i stopped smoking for a while my personality had turned away from this introvert and back to what it was when i was younger, basically an out going friendly guy which was super helpful.

for me to do quit, frankly speaking, was mostly because of exercise, tequila and cigars. i know that sounds like trading one vice for another, which it sort of was but that's what did it for me. every minute of the day is excruciatingly boring when you are used to be blasted all the time. but if you get off work, go hit the gym (go jog, etc...) then come home and sip a tequila it makes it so that you get pretty relaxed and can still sleep and all that. then if you find yourself really wanting to feel a little faded that's when a nice cigar helps. it's the coffee to weeds cocaine. you can smoke a cigar and it'll get a you mellow fade. it's no where near the same, just like coffee to coke but for me it works fine. to this day i'll get a nice dark liquor grab a cigar and put some live show on my ipad and chill and get a little fade going and it works for me to scratch that weed itch.

now that i'm about 5 years out on that i've been working on scaling back the drinking which for me has been way, way easier than trying to regulate smoking which just didn't work. that shit is crazy additive IMHO. most addictive thing i've messed with but i never got into all the pills and powders. now i've got my drinking pretty well regulated to weekends and it wasn't that hard to do.

anyway, everyone journey is super personal but i definitely connected with the struggles you were sharing and i'd encourage you to find a way at least pause the weed for a while. for me the day by day thing worked really well. each morning after a day of not smoking i'd take the time to reflect on if it was a better day and it always was so that helped me get through another day. these days i don't even think about it. its like acid or something. sure i had a lot of fun with that shit when i was young but i'm not about to go dosing now, those days are done.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2020, 07:47:34 AM by Sleazy »

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #188 on: January 03, 2020, 10:41:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Same here. If I had to face how much I spent on trees in the last year I would be really bummed. And I’m more and more starting to realize how it contributes to/causes my anxiety and paranoia. It really gets in the way of me doing what I want to do more than I’d like to admit. I’m still getting by but I know I’m not living at my full potential, mentally, socially...

it’s been a habit for a long time. When I stop I’m just like filled with dissatisfaction and the feeling of something being missing, lol.. or maybe I always feel that and weed just helps distract or forget about it for a while. I don’t really feel okay on or off it, but in different ways. But being on it is getting to expensive, and taxing to my mental.

Even just slowing down would be amazing, for my mind and wallet. definitely told myself before “I’m only gonna smoke on weekends now” or “only in the evenings” but never stick to that for any time at all. No accountability I guess.
[close]

i quit about 5 years back after talking to people in a similar thread on here. dr drew what you are describing was my exact situation. i was having really bad anxiety and paranoia and honestly mild schizophrenia is the best way i can describe it. this new kind of weed just makes your mind race and looking back i think the problem was that i'd be blasted and just try and chill at home and my mind would race and not always go to pleasant places. on top of that it really limited me socially without me really knowing. i'm a pretty social guy, probably annoyingly so, but when i smoked i pretty much only wanted to chill with people who smoked. at work without even knowing who did or didn't 100% there was a filtering going on. for me this was complicated by the fact that i'm pretty hyperactive and my career was going well. so financially it wasn't a strain and having naturally high energy levels i was functioning well.

after quitting i almost immediately figured out how to start a company which was something i had been obsessing on for years. but always hitting my one hitter when pulling out the parking lot of work made it pretty limited in how i could put in the extra time to get a side hustle started and the years of effort it takes to grow that side hustle into the main hustle. i know for sure this wouldn't have happened if i was smoking. as i mentioned the social thing was a big deal. i found that after i stopped smoking for a while my personality had turned away from this introvert and back to what it was when i was younger, basically an out going friendly guy which was super helpful.

for me to do quit, frankly speaking, was mostly because of exercise, tequila and cigars. i know that sounds like trading one vice for another, which it sort of was but that's what did it for me. every minute of the day is excruciatingly boring when you are used to be blasted all the time. but if you get off work, go hit the gym (go jog, etc...) then come home and sip a tequila it makes it so that you get pretty relaxed and can still sleep and all that. then if you find yourself really wanting to feel a little faded that's when a nice cigar helps. it's the coffee to weeds cocaine. you can smoke a cigar and it'll get a you mellow fade. it's no where near the same, just like coffee to coke but for me it works fine. to this day i'll get a nice dark liquor grab a cigar and put some live show on my ipad and chill and get a little fade going and it works for me to scratch that weed itch.

now that i'm about 5 years out on that i've been working on scaling back the drinking which for me has been way, way easier than trying to regulate smoking which just didn't work. that shit is crazy additive IMHO. most addictive thing i've messed with but i never got into all the pills and powders. now i've got my drinking pretty well regulated to weekends and it wasn't that hard to do.

anyway, everyone journey is super personal but i definitely connected with the struggles you were sharing and i'd encourage you to find a way at least pause the weed for a while. for me the day by day thing worked really well. each morning after a day of not smoking i'd take the time to reflect on if it was a better day and it always was so that helped me get through another day. these days i don't even think about it. its like acid or something. sure i had a lot of fun with that shit when i was young but i'm not about to go dosing now, those days are done.
  Interesting tradjectory and success i'd say.    I can't argue (about the addictiveness), weeds the only thing I haven't been able to ever quit.   Edit, wait I just read the last part, no more acid?!  Come on!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2020, 10:43:38 AM by givecigstosurfgroms »
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

AssFlea

• Rep: -31
« Reply #189 on: January 04, 2020, 09:35:48 AM »
Someone offered me tar

Im kinda pissed because thats rare in these parts.

I ban hammered their ass. Sucks because i revived them last time we was face to face. She just wants me to dope dick her down and i just wanna be sedated

https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=x09XSa1X1eU&feature=share
_--
xX
^    @
''')'
'''''

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #190 on: January 04, 2020, 10:32:16 AM »
Thanks for the support Sleazy. It feels good to hear that someone can relate and has gotten past this bullshit to a healthier routine and lifestyle. I am so comfortable and so fuxking complacent in my situation, even mentally it’s like I can’t accept that I’m ever gonna stop doing it regularly. However your acid analogy really helped make it sound possible for me for a second. To become a super occasionally done thing, a fun social experience with friends to open our minds a bit every year or so, not an everyday crutch to deal with reality.

When I really reflect on how it’s holding me back, I know it will be worth it to change my relationship with it. Man I get so geeked up at home in my own house I get scared to play music loud even. So weird. Like scared everyone in my neighborhood is paying attention to me and judging me for how I live haha.. even though the blinds are closed and you can barely hear it outside.. and most people are at work.. weird paranoid shit like that, feeling alien in the super market, this is no way to live lmao

And yeah I relate on the business thing, I’ve been trying to start something for a while now and see it having real potential but I make such slow progress on it, and tree is definitely much to blame for that. I mean it could fail, but either way it’s important to finish things and find out their results regardless

Sorry for typing a lot and I know I don’t have super gnarly problems like many people in this thread. Wishing strength and health to everyone. Stay self aware and try to make the right decisions, according to your own definition of what that is for you, you probably know what it is for yourself

the paranoia was definitely one of the worst parts of getting hi for me. the grocery store too. it was the worst, seeing someone from my kids school or work when i'm blasted at the store and then being all awkward and anti-social. basically having a hard time just talking to someone i know.

alcohol has it's own problems but i can go to the store after having a few beers and not be weird to people.

how ever you go with it, good luck man! it's very helpful for me to hear such a familiar story. you really don't hear many people talk about weed this way.

Idk

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #191 on: January 04, 2020, 01:49:09 PM »
Third day of no weed just using it at night one small joint to go to sleep because years of sleeping stoned has made it super difficult without. I’m hoping to ween off and eventually no weed at all. But the first two days were pretty bad. I would shake at certain times of the day and I really wanted to smoke but I bought these gaba supplements from Whole Foods and they have helped a bit. I just want to enjoy life without having to rely on something to enjoy it.

jtrpma

• Rep: 45
  • PMA
« Reply #192 on: January 04, 2020, 02:08:47 PM »
Third day of no weed just using it at night one small joint to go to sleep because years of sleeping stoned has made it super difficult without. I’m hoping to ween off and eventually no weed at all. But the first two days were pretty bad. I would shake at certain times of the day and I really wanted to smoke but I bought these gaba supplements from Whole Foods and they have helped a bit. I just want to enjoy life without having to rely on something to enjoy it.

Good strength!

Shalom

PMA

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1278
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #193 on: January 04, 2020, 02:12:33 PM »
If your sleep is disrupted by coming of of something, you can try to use benadryl to get through the night. I'd take as much as half a pill if I really wanted to sleep and it wasn't happening. A quarter or an eighth will do it usually though. Also, look into St John's Wort and Melatonin when you're trying to restore your sleep equilibrium.

I also forgot that I used a modified version of the thomas recipe to get of oxys. Do a search on it if you're looking to go the non-rehab route but maybe skip the benzos since you're a pill head and you gotta keep that behavior in perspective. The bananas were helpful when I had zero appetite and food was coming out way faster than it was going in.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Idk

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #194 on: January 04, 2020, 03:49:43 PM »
If your sleep is disrupted by coming of of something, you can try to use benadryl to get through the night. I'd take as much as half a pill if I really wanted to sleep and it wasn't happening. A quarter or an eighth will do it usually though. Also, look into St John's Wort and Melatonin when you're trying to restore your sleep equilibrium.

I also forgot that I used a modified version of the thomas recipe to get of oxys. Do a search on it if you're looking to go the non-rehab route but maybe skip the benzos since you're a pill head and you gotta keep that behavior in perspective. The bananas were helpful when I had zero appetite and food was coming out way faster than it was going in.
Im taking melatonin too along with the joint at night. I wish I could eat bananas but they just make me gag I've been drinking smoothies in the morning to help with my appetite. One of the more difficult things is that I’m injured. I have a knee brace after meniscus surgery so I can’t do much. The first few weeks I was just getting very stoned. Have to find something to occupy my mind. Just graduated college too so the anxiety of entering the “real world” isn’t helping me stay off weed but I’m hanging in there. Right now it’s rainy and it’s a Saturday so I want to get high so badly.

woodsman

• Rep: 65
« Reply #195 on: January 04, 2020, 09:31:04 PM »
I made it through the hell of withdrawals and I’m feeling okay. Now I’m just depressed. I want to thank you Pals. It might just be a sounding board but I think you guys actually helped me get through this. In between arguing about bullshit Pals are out here helping people. It’s kind of inspiring. Thanks, and I’ll keep posting.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #196 on: January 05, 2020, 04:44:04 AM »
I made it through the hell of withdrawals and I’m feeling okay. Now I’m just depressed. I want to thank you Pals. It might just be a sounding board but I think you guys actually helped me get through this. In between arguing about bullshit Pals are out here helping people. It’s kind of inspiring. Thanks, and I’ll keep posting.

Good job, man. Make sure to do as much as you can during the days. Physical and mental activity will keep you busy. Avoid sleeping in day time, it might fuck with your routine.

As for depression... I have nothing for you, now is the time to create your own happiness, because your brain will sure as fuck not recover for a year or so. In other words: no dopamine/seratonine for you, unless you brute force that shit.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #197 on: January 05, 2020, 08:03:40 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Good job, man. Make sure to do as much as you can during the days. Physical and mental activity will keep you busy. Avoid sleeping in day time, it might fuck with your routine.

As for depression... I have nothing for you, now is the time to create your own happiness, because your brain will sure as fuck not recover for a year or so. In other words: no dopamine/seratonine for you, unless you brute force that shit.
  This is all true in my experience and its good advise and i also propose it's very possible to experience happiness in this state where your dopamine and seratonine is depleted. I looked a lil bit rough but I enjoyed that time alot (the months after I'd quit) , thats when I got into surfing.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2020, 08:38:34 AM by givecigstosurfgroms »

Algar

• Rep: 28
« Reply #198 on: January 05, 2020, 08:07:08 PM »
As a cautionary tale for those who are missing their micro brews, I was on the other end of town today and picked up some n/a ipa's and a porter.  Spent 30 bucks in total and all three are totally fucking horrible!   

I will recommend Lagunitas hoppy refresher, it's just carbonated water with hops,  scratches the itch for any hoppy beer lovers!

Hope y'all are doing well and stay in strong

igrindtwinkies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 368
« Reply #199 on: January 05, 2020, 08:11:45 PM »
Been cutting my booze down to levels where I'm not inebriated.  I order that Lagunitas Hop Water at a local bar when I feel like getting out of the house.

rawr1922

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 107
« Reply #200 on: January 29, 2020, 08:16:54 PM »
Just hit 60 days being sober from everything. Feels amazing gents. Never thought I could do it. This thread helped me a lot, constantly read through it during the countless battles. Thank you all for sharing your stories. Pretty much took all of last year to get fully sober after a decade of half assed attempts.  Slowly tappered off with sporadic relapses. Final nail in the coffin happened when a close friend recently committed suicide. Just hit me way too hard then vowed to stop wasting my life being faded all the time. Developed a passion for reading which is weird because used to hate reading. Sound like a senior citizen nevertheless getting 7 hours of sleep, eating clean, and exercising really keeps body & mind feeling good. For entire life , neglected all those things. Going back to school helped with transition too, keeps me busy. Some of you mentioned this before, lot of time opens up when you're not always fucked up. Thanks again for contributing to this thread, helped me at my lowest times.   

Salsa Verde

• Rep: 9
« Reply #201 on: January 29, 2020, 08:34:44 PM »
48 hours in. Gonna give this a go again. The last time I posted in this thread, I had 10 days that I turned into a little less than 60. I just posted in the mental health thread, and dope and booze played a part in my mental breakdown the other day. Props to all the positive people in this thread and all the people giving it a go.

rawr1922

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 107
« Reply #202 on: January 29, 2020, 08:54:26 PM »
48 hours in. Gonna give this a go again. The last time I posted in this thread, I had 10 days that I turned into a little less than 60. I just posted in the mental health thread, and dope and booze played a part in my mental breakdown the other day. Props to all the positive people in this thread and all the people giving it a go.

Happy to see you're making an effort again. Just keep at it, win those small battles, there will be speed bumps, just keep trying Salsa you will get there. Wish I could offer you legit advice, I'm a rookie in this field.  Your last run impressive , you can do it again. Didnt you feel better last time after weeks passed? Hard in the early days. Take if day by day and before you know it turn into weeks again.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 08:58:33 PM by rawr1922 »

50mm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 295
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #203 on: January 29, 2020, 09:37:57 PM »
I found a new psychiatrist who isn't a quack and is very cautious about medication. In order for me to stay with his practice I had to agree to random drug testing because of the medication I'll be on. Weed is my only thing, I was already cutting back so it wasn't too hard to say yes. I also went months without smoking a couple years ago and felt great at that time. But it's funny that I was drinking, doing blow and taking painkillers at that time.

I have an interview tomorrow, but it's within my company so I wont need to do a drug test for it. I'm smoking through the weekend then Monday I have to start. The first month is the hardest but after that it get's a lot easier.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 09:39:44 PM by 50mm »

Salsa Verde

« Reply #204 on: January 29, 2020, 09:57:58 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Happy to see you're making an effort again. Just keep at it, win those small battles, there will be speed bumps, just keep trying Salsa you will get there. Wish I could offer you legit advice, I'm a rookie in this field.  Your last run impressive , you can do it again. Didnt you feel better last time after weeks passed? Hard in the early days. Take if day by day and before you know it turn into weeks again.

First of all, congrats on your 60. That’s huge! I think I had right between 6-7 weeks. First couple weeks were pretty tough, but definitely got better. I did feel a lot better about myself. I set my self up for failure though, as I was going to allow myself “cheat days” on vacation. I went to an all inclusive resort that an army of alcoholics couldn’t drink dry. Then there was X Mas. Then New Years. Then my B day... Any excuse right? Anyway, this time I hope it sticks because if losing my girl 3 months ago wasn’t bad enough, I may of just lost a best friend because of it. I hope to be reporting back here with 60 days in the further. Congrats again in your 60 and keep at it!

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #205 on: January 30, 2020, 12:46:33 AM »
 Sober (that means no weed) for a week or 2 here.  Makes me almost overly friendly (im shaking random peoples hands on the street and getting into convos constanly) its been okay to skate sober so im stoked on that.  Ive got a couple of angry posts on the go too prolly cause im jonesn' for weed.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2020, 12:57:41 AM by givecigstosurfgroms »

WastedHippy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #206 on: January 30, 2020, 01:59:43 PM »
32 days sober ! Probably the longest I've gone in ten years...seems weird to say I haven't drank in 2020

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #207 on: January 30, 2020, 02:11:35 PM »
really stoked on all the recent updates, this thread is turning into something really great.

i'm still doing my moderation thing and it's going well. i drink less than i used to for sure. most week nights i don't drink and haven't since i started. lately i've had a pretty gnarly deadline with our biggest client and been sick as shit. so working 10-12 hours sick as shit so i've had a few "fuck it" days the last two weeks but kept it to one ish drink so not to bad. the program is working out the way i hoped it would. i just need to make sure that once i get over this flu, cold thing and get back on track i also get back on the no weeknights more solid.

Salsa Verde

« Reply #208 on: January 30, 2020, 02:43:03 PM »
32 days sober ! Probably the longest I've gone in ten years...seems weird to say I haven't drank in 2020

Congrats man! That’s awesome that you can say that about this year! Wish I could say the same about 2020. I really fucked up the other day and feel terrible about it. Not Corey or Ali level F’ed up, but I feel so fucking guilty. Reached out 3 times and my friend has ghosted me. Damn I feel shitty about it. Oddly enough I almost feel worse about this than ruining my 3 year relationship with my ex girl. Although that shit haunts me and I think about her every day. Moral of the story is, if you’re reading this and think your drinking is ruing some of your personal relationships, please stop or get some help before it’s too late.

Anyway, sorry to rant. Not trying to steal your shine. That’s rad you haven’t had a drink this year!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2020, 02:49:39 PM by Salsa Verde »

Meekin

• Rep: 5
« Reply #209 on: January 30, 2020, 03:28:27 PM »
Gave up weed last june. I realized that once I couldn't sleep without it, it was time to stop. Like others have probably said, the first twoish weeks were the hardest. After that, I began to to fall asleep fairly easy. Started uses a sound machine to sleep along with a fan beside my bed.
There was an interview with TK, when he was a plumber. He got asked if he gets recognized on the job and his response was "No. Plumbin in disguise." Everyone on SLAP thought he said "put him in the sky"