Author Topic: R.I.P Supra  (Read 535413 times)

somethingmustbreaknow

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 489
Re: R.I.P Supra
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2019, 02:15:17 PM »
i had vaider lows once back in 2009. i loved the shoe. it was really good skatewise. maybe i will try to get some again in sale
« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 02:18:19 PM by somethingmustbreaknow »

Switchpopshuvit

• Rep: 4
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2019, 02:20:18 PM »

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 686
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2019, 02:23:23 PM »
Does this mean no Greco Loafers?

Sativa Lung

« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2019, 02:24:39 PM »
Expand Quote
That's not how I interpret "lunch compliments of Kswiss." I can't imagine corporate US staff, 200+ people eating lunch together at the same time, they would need a huge cafeteria at corporate, which is weird af. Factory workers in China or wherever the shoes are made eating at the same time makes a lot more sense. If they're made in China, they could be producing out of a different country to avoid tariffs.
[close]

Christ man I think you're reading too much into the wording. It's a post on a message board not an official press release. I got more bad news for you, a little bird didn't actually ever so gently tell him the news either. Sorry.

You're right it's a message board and were talking about it. I'm not dismissing the OP, just saying his rumor sounds weird and their IG pages are still active. I'm being skeptical. If you want to get all critical no one on the forum is homies enough with people at Supra to confirm a 200+ US staff? LOL no wonder the forum is just braile threads.

Side note it's interesting how a random rumor people take it as full fact right out the gate.

doyle

• Rep: 212
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2019, 02:28:30 PM »
https://seekingalpha.com/article/4292121-xtep-international-new-multi-brand-strategy-weighted-restructuring-costs-equity-funding

Maybe someone smarter than me can make real sense of this, but it sounds like Supra and KR3W are done?

"E-Land Footwear USA also owns the Supra brand and two sub-brands, PLDM and KR3W which Xtep plans to dispose post-acquisition."

"The RMB100 million in restructuring costs comprise professional fees associated with the M&A, additional staff expenses relating to the restructuring process, asset impairment such as inventory write-downs for the Supra brand that is planned to be divested, etc"

Rocuronium

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 48
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2019, 02:31:04 PM »
I hope it ain't true.
I want to thank them again for the demo they threw in my hometown: skated so hard, especially liz, grecs, and MVP Clint Walker who skated furiously fast and mind melted me trick after trick, he couldn't miss.
Compared to the other teams they hustled so hard.
[img]https://i.pinimg.com/236x/59/48/b8/5948b85016497192c5b5df8b620f75db.jpg[img]

Lloyd Braun

• Rep: 80
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2019, 02:31:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I'm sure TK saw this coming a mile away

Supra's IG pages tell a different story tho...Not dismissing your OP...yo how in the fuck are there 200+ employees at Supra? That sounds like overseas factory staff? Maybe US staff idk...lunch for 200+ people to tell them they're getting fired is hard to picture.
[close]

I think he meant it was during their lunch...

Also I couldn't even give away my pair of grecos so that just shows how people react to supra.
[close]

That's not how I interpret "lunch compliments of Kswiss." I can't imagine corporate US staff, 200+ people eating lunch together at the same time, they would need a huge cafeteria at corporate, which is weird af. Factory workers in China or wherever the shoes are made eating at the same time makes a lot more sense. If they're made in China, they could be producing out of a different country to avoid tariffs.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2zVCxpD6rw/?igshid=1vv2sy01jfcgv

https://www.instagram.com/p/B22BWjwjJQN/?igshid=86ec2pn665nb

https://www.instagram.com/p/B22KjsYANCw/?igshid=135wa7j4szwg6

...Actually that’s pretty common for companies man. I work for a company with over 5000 people and all of our offices across the world (several of which have more than 200 employees)  the company buys us lunch and have a big meeting every Friday while they present company news financial updates etc.

euro tm

« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2019, 02:33:29 PM »
i used to work for supra. once kswiss bought it out it was only a matter of time. i bounced around the time it was sold but everyone else who stayed and didn’t get laid off told me some fuckin horror stories about it. i’m surprised it lasted this long. sucks for spencer though.

50mm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 291
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2019, 02:36:07 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Christ man I think you're reading too much into the wording. It's a post on a message board not an official press release. I got more bad news for you, a little bird didn't actually ever so gently tell him the news either. Sorry.
dead

Ed boy

• Rep: 80
« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2019, 02:36:20 PM »
Expand Quote
I’m ready for a Tom Penny pro model shoe on ES
[close]

give me a Tom Penny and Muska reissue on eS and snag Spencer while they're at it so Spencer and Wade can be reunited again

Damn this is the least shalom thing I've heard all day. Feel bad for all the employees and riders.

Hope this comes to fruition.

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2190
« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2019, 02:39:28 PM »
Kill yo self
There's lots of ways to get laid of

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2019, 02:39:44 PM »
on one hand, spencer.

on the other, clint.

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

Sativa Lung

« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2019, 02:42:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I'm sure TK saw this coming a mile away

Supra's IG pages tell a different story tho...Not dismissing your OP...yo how in the fuck are there 200+ employees at Supra? That sounds like overseas factory staff? Maybe US staff idk...lunch for 200+ people to tell them they're getting fired is hard to picture.
[close]

I think he meant it was during their lunch...

Also I couldn't even give away my pair of grecos so that just shows how people react to supra.
[close]

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2zVCxpD6rw/?igshid=1vv2sy01jfcgv

https://www.instagram.com/p/B22BWjwjJQN/?igshid=86ec2pn665nb

https://www.instagram.com/p/B22KjsYANCw/?igshid=135wa7j4szwg6
[close]

...Actually that’s pretty common for companies man. I work for a company with over 5000 people and all of our offices across the world (several of which have more than 200 employees)  the company buys us lunch and have a big meeting every Friday while they present company news financial updates etc.

I'm very familiar with this. This is slap so people go for the throat instantly I was more anticipating jokes on what the catering choice was. In n out? Or tacos?

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3313
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2019, 02:43:10 PM »
o no does this mean no more spectre?!

50mm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 291
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #44 on: September 25, 2019, 02:51:38 PM »
All I’m reading is rumor and innuendo. So like a REAL man, I sent a dm on the gram and....

nobody had responded.

silvertone_spacemachine

• Rep: 63
« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2019, 02:59:59 PM »
Expand Quote
I’m ready for a Tom Penny pro model shoe on ES
[close]

give me a Tom Penny and Muska reissue on eS and snag Spencer while they're at it so Spencer and Wade can be reunited again

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2019, 03:02:44 PM »
OH NOE

Shalom Iginla

« Reply #47 on: September 25, 2019, 03:03:35 PM »
wow the shoe game is heating up lately! It feels like a storm is brewing, something new. Perhaps reebok sb in the works?

With the shitshow that is Reebok's MMA sponshorship I hope they stay far away from skateboarding.

silvertone_spacemachine

• Rep: 63
« Reply #48 on: September 25, 2019, 03:04:17 PM »
think companies put out misinformation in a weird marketing strategy to increase sales out of pity?

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #49 on: September 25, 2019, 03:13:18 PM »
Any of you crazy dipshits ever skated Skytops? The first model I mean
 Hell, I'll even take stories about the curiously named Skylows.
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
« Reply #50 on: September 25, 2019, 03:29:40 PM »
https://seekingalpha.com/article/4292121-xtep-international-new-multi-brand-strategy-weighted-restructuring-costs-equity-funding

Maybe someone smarter than me can make real sense of this, but it sounds like Supra and KR3W are done?

"E-Land Footwear USA also owns the Supra brand and two sub-brands, PLDM and KR3W which Xtep plans to dispose post-acquisition."

"The RMB100 million in restructuring costs comprise professional fees associated with the M&A, additional staff expenses relating to the restructuring process, asset impairment such as inventory write-downs for the Supra brand that is planned to be divested, etc"

My guess is they will sell dead stock at a discount then sell the supra trademark/legal entity to another party ala fallen. Assuming there is another party interested in buying the supra rights.

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2190
« Reply #51 on: September 25, 2019, 03:31:40 PM »
Ross is gonna pop of in a few weeks

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1298
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #52 on: September 25, 2019, 03:42:59 PM »
I will for sure swoop a pair of Skytops at Ross. Hoping for all red I dunno?
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Cuban_Lynx

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #53 on: September 25, 2019, 03:52:34 PM »
Nah. Peep the Skytops at TK Maxx my guys

huggs

• Rep: -16
« Reply #54 on: September 25, 2019, 04:04:31 PM »
Supra is to be no longer.

heard the same, was waiting for someone to confirm. apparently they're pulling the plug asap too, so even projects that have been/are in the works right now are getting cut/won't be released etc

sucks for the riders, i guess look for a bunch of footage dumps coming soon...?

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 735
  • Free Max B
« Reply #55 on: September 25, 2019, 04:06:38 PM »
its funny after everything TK never publicly aired them out. they sold shoes with his name on them for like a year after he quit. they were the thigh high skytops. i remember hearing he had a decent lawyer who got him a nice chunk of money from that. dont think hes ever even spoken on it.

that being said i thought they went out of business in 2014 when they gave me my severance.

cant imagine anyone that isnt getting paid by supra actually cares.

free max b
FREE MAX B

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 102
« Reply #56 on: September 25, 2019, 04:15:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

You're right it's a message board and were talking about it. I'm not dismissing the OP, just saying his rumor sounds weird and their IG pages are still active. I'm being skeptical. If you want to get all critical no one on the forum is homies enough with people at Supra to confirm a 200+ US staff? LOL no wonder the forum is just braile threads.

Side note it's interesting how a random rumor people take it as full fact right out the gate.

Christ, you’re fucking thick

Freight Train

« Reply #57 on: September 25, 2019, 04:16:40 PM »
Kinda sucks. I never bought their shoes but at least they had some original designs like the Ellington and the Skytop 1. Feel bad for Greco, that dude along with Penny stuck with the brand since they first came out with it. Mid to late 2000's skate fashion died a thousand deaths today, announced on a lunch break is pretty harsh.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1361
« Reply #58 on: September 25, 2019, 04:18:31 PM »
Lil Wyane is bummed

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 735
  • Free Max B
« Reply #59 on: September 25, 2019, 04:25:36 PM »
Lil Wyane central american families in mall foodcourts is bummed
FREE MAX B