Author Topic: R.I.P Supra  (Read 535729 times)

whatsreallygood

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 10
  • what it do dirty
Re: R.I.P Supra
« Reply #60 on: September 25, 2019, 04:27:25 PM »
FUCK, gonna have to snag some cubas. Bummed for the riders. Hope this isn't the case but we'll see.

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 726
  • Free Max B
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #61 on: September 25, 2019, 04:29:47 PM »
yeah fuck, years of obscurity, payless quality shoes and barely existing outside of pacsun isnt enough. hmu when yall got proof for real

free max b
FREE MAX B

Sativa Lung

« Reply #62 on: September 25, 2019, 04:30:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
That's not how I interpret "lunch compliments of Kswiss." I can't imagine corporate US staff, 200+ people eating lunch together at the same time, they would need a huge cafeteria at corporate, which is weird af. Factory workers in China or wherever the shoes are made eating at the same time makes a lot more sense. If they're made in China, they could be producing out of a different country to avoid tariffs.
[close]

Christ man I think you're reading too much into the wording. It's a post on a message board not an official press release. I got more bad news for you, a little bird didn't actually ever so gently tell him the news either. Sorry.
[close]

You're right it's a message board and were talking about it. I'm not dismissing the OP, just saying his rumor sounds weird and their IG pages are still active. I'm being skeptical. If you want to get all critical no one on the forum is homies enough with people at Supra to confirm a 200+ US staff? LOL no wonder the forum is just braile threads.

Side note it's interesting how a random rumor people take it as full fact right out the gate.
[close]

Christ, you’re fucking thick

Dumbfucks, I don't give and never have gave a fuck about Supra shoes. I'm interested in the 200+ people losing their fucking job and getting a free lunch on their last day. That's what interests me. Was their cake too? Sounds like good comedic material, sort of. 200 Supra employees having their last meal together sounds fucking hilarious. Maybe they just fed them soup. I could not careless if Supra shoes are not in the market anymore. Dumbfuck. Do I sound like I fucking care about a shoe wall at a skate shop?!? Fucking clown. Here's a sandwich and how to collect unemployment, have a nice day.

50mm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 285
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #63 on: September 25, 2019, 04:31:59 PM »
Deleted first post so that it’s not at the end of a page.

Next time ya’ll want the truth don’t sing it, bring it.

whatsreallygood

• Rep: 10
  • what it do dirty
« Reply #64 on: September 25, 2019, 04:34:31 PM »

Guess we'll have to wait and see. To be fair if they were going down I doubt they'd let their social media guy just tell you.

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 726
  • Free Max B
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #65 on: September 25, 2019, 04:34:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
That's not how I interpret "lunch compliments of Kswiss." I can't imagine corporate US staff, 200+ people eating lunch together at the same time, they would need a huge cafeteria at corporate, which is weird af. Factory workers in China or wherever the shoes are made eating at the same time makes a lot more sense. If they're made in China, they could be producing out of a different country to avoid tariffs.
[close]

Christ man I think you're reading too much into the wording. It's a post on a message board not an official press release. I got more bad news for you, a little bird didn't actually ever so gently tell him the news either. Sorry.
[close]

You're right it's a message board and were talking about it. I'm not dismissing the OP, just saying his rumor sounds weird and their IG pages are still active. I'm being skeptical. If you want to get all critical no one on the forum is homies enough with people at Supra to confirm a 200+ US staff? LOL no wonder the forum is just braile threads.

Side note it's interesting how a random rumor people take it as full fact right out the gate.
[close]

[close]

Dumbfucks, I don't give and never have gave a fuck about Supra shoes. I'm interested in the 200+ people losing their fucking job and getting a free lunch on their last day. That's what interests me. Was their cake too? Sounds like good comedic material, sort of. 200 Supra employees having their last meal together sounds fucking hilarious. Maybe they just fed them soup. I could not careless if Supra shoes are not in the market anymore. Dumbfuck. Do I sound like I fucking care about a shoe wall at a skate shop?!? Fucking clown. Here's a sandwich and how to collect unemployment, have a nice day.
look bro im not reading all that but i all i know for sure, is that you care. alot.

free max b
FREE MAX B

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1361
« Reply #66 on: September 25, 2019, 04:35:54 PM »
Took it to insta like a man +1

Pissedoff30y/oskatedad

• Rep: -57
« Reply #67 on: September 25, 2019, 04:43:40 PM »
A little bird flew upon my windowsill and ever so gently mentioned to me that, sadly, Supra is to be no longer.

200 + employees informed of their immediate termination during lunch compliments of KSwiss. Highly vexing and very unfortunate.

Damn... first thought was the Muska 2000 amd Greco... a friend of a friend skates with him and i had heard supra pays $3500 of his $4500 a month studio rent. Really sucks for anyone employed...

50mm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 285
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #68 on: September 25, 2019, 04:46:48 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Guess we'll have to wait and see. To be fair if they were going down I doubt they'd let their social media guy just tell you.
Yeah I figured the same but it’s at least something coming from them.

Second Division

• Rep: 8
« Reply #69 on: September 25, 2019, 04:56:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I'm dying at this dude never working in a corporate environment and can't understand that companies sometimes buy their whole staff lunch. Heck, I had a company meeting today like that!

What probably would have happened is they called a company meeting at noon (aka lunch time) and gave them the news.

Sucks if true, but I just more prefer this dude not knowing how jobs work.

Style Police

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 781
« Reply #70 on: September 25, 2019, 05:06:23 PM »
I just can't get my head around Supra actually having 200 employees...

Sold Out

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 92
« Reply #71 on: September 25, 2019, 05:13:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

He doesn't say no. So I'm guessing this is true.

euro tm

« Reply #72 on: September 25, 2019, 05:39:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Lil Wyane central american families in mall foodcourts is bummed
[close]

Yesterdays-pop

• Rep: -388
« Reply #73 on: September 25, 2019, 05:41:57 PM »
Expand Quote
A little bird flew upon my windowsill and ever so gently mentioned to me that, sadly, Supra is to be no longer.

200 + employees informed of their immediate termination during lunch compliments of KSwiss. Highly vexing and very unfortunate.
[close]

Damn... first thought was the Muska 2000 amd Greco... a friend of a friend skates with him and i had heard supra pays $3500 of his $4500 a month studio rent. Really sucks for anyone employed...

Chads paying $4500 dollars for art studio rent?

Surf-goth

• Rep: -677
« Reply #74 on: September 25, 2019, 05:43:10 PM »
Expand Quote
I'm sure TK saw this coming a mile away

Supra's IG pages tell a different story tho...Not dismissing your OP...yo how in the fuck are there 200+ employees at Supra? That sounds like overseas factory staff? Maybe US staff idk...lunch for 200+ people to tell them they're getting fired is hard to picture.
[close]

I think he meant it was during their lunch...

Also I couldn't even give away my pair of grecos so that just shows how people react to supra.

I'll take those grecos
Rest in peace Dick Dale.

jimbotron

• Rep: 1
« Reply #75 on: September 25, 2019, 05:45:38 PM »
Supra will still be a shell of a brand for at least a little while. They are eliminating their retail presence and going direct to consumer. A Chinese company bought KSwiss and doesn't give a shit about Supra. So everything except the website is done-zo (marketing, sales, etc...). Shops are still getting their prebooks through Spring 2020. If Xtep (aforementioned Chinese company) decides to put Supra up for sale, someone could buy it and keep it going.

That's the story.

whaaaaat

• Rep: 46
« Reply #76 on: September 25, 2019, 05:47:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

He doesn't say no. So I'm guessing this is true.
Yeah, I would definitely read that as confirmation that they're through + "please buy the inventory we already produced before we close the doors"

whaaaaat

• Rep: 46
« Reply #77 on: September 25, 2019, 05:52:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I'm dying at this dude never working in a corporate environment and can't understand that companies sometimes buy their whole staff lunch. Heck, I had a company meeting today like that!

What probably would have happened is they called a company meeting at noon (aka lunch time) and gave them the news.

Sucks if true, but I just more prefer this dude not knowing how jobs work.
Yeah this is kind of funny.  Not funny that dude doesn't have the corporate experience, because who gives a shit about that, but that he is arguing it's ludicrous to think a company would buy "200+" people lunch.  I barely ever even bring lunch to work because if there isn't some event providing it for my org specifically, there's probably some org somewhere getting lunch that I can mooch the extras from.  It's pretty much par for the course in the corporate world.  I'm a corpro nerd confirmed.

euro tm

« Reply #78 on: September 25, 2019, 05:53:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Chads paying $4500 dollars for art studio rent?

the one on melrose and fairfax? lizard lives behind that one if anyone wants to leave a bag of burning shit on his doorstep

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 267
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #79 on: September 25, 2019, 05:53:47 PM »
Hope it's just rumor and innuendo. Shoes have been better lately and muska Greco Penny and Spenser are all greats imo. Plus the tour edits are on point.
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1200
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #80 on: September 25, 2019, 05:55:41 PM »

Yeah, people getting laid-off and having to scramble to provide for their families... laugh riot of the century right there.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Surf-goth

• Rep: -677
« Reply #81 on: September 25, 2019, 05:58:23 PM »
I'd like to add the Spencer Hamilton shoe is working out great for me.
Rest in peace Dick Dale.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #82 on: September 25, 2019, 06:00:11 PM »
I just feel bad for spencer.
Prod will get him a fat Nike paycheque
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1307
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #83 on: September 25, 2019, 06:13:37 PM »
Basically you haven't lived until you've been mass fired.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 437
« Reply #84 on: September 25, 2019, 06:30:02 PM »
I just can't get my head around Supra actually having 200 employees...

Shit the team alone is like 20
Sales reps for US only is probably my another 20-30
Design/marketing team 10-15
Warehouse 30 or so
Team/brand managers 5

That’s roughly 100, then there’s international people. They were in a ton of accounts. And a ton of stores just by Zumiez stores Then real shops and everything else 200 is nothing.
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

redux

• Rep: -5
« Reply #85 on: September 25, 2019, 06:30:55 PM »

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 359
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #86 on: September 25, 2019, 06:37:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Lil Wyane central american families in mall foodcourts is bummed
[close]

No Free Max B?
You slippin.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

Switch FS K-Swiss Grind

• Rep: 76
« Reply #87 on: September 25, 2019, 06:46:25 PM »

LIKE A MAN
on the commentary for the scene where jeremy klein rollerblades at that little skatepark he said the actual blader with dreads who was there came up to him and asked him if he listens to korn

TreBombMartin

• Rep: 31
« Reply #88 on: September 25, 2019, 06:54:53 PM »
If true I'm bummed. I've had many pairs of Supra shoes and never had any complaints. The Ellingtons, Cubas and even the Skytop 3's I was a fan off. Always caught pairs on sale but solid quality. Solid team, Spencer is one of my favorites and they always put out great tour edits on a pretty frequent basis.

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1061
« Reply #89 on: September 25, 2019, 06:57:00 PM »
MUSKA Nordstrom Rack Pro model YO! Their issues certainly are not on the design side.