Author Topic: David Gonzalez - Spirit In Black  (Read 24111 times)

jimstolz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -82
Re: David Gonzalez - Spirit In Black
« Reply #60 on: October 07, 2019, 06:37:24 AM »
I'm such a core, authentic skateboarder i'm going to take time out of my day to let people know precisely how core and authentic I am. I am going to do this by commenting on a thread about upcoming skate footage from a skater i don't prefer.  i'm going to let everyone know i won't be watching (tee hee i'm so silly!) this footage and that the person doing this skating is underneath my threshold of excellence.  I know it's cool to be amazing at tranny and street, but you can't like rock and roll TOO MUCH.  it's okay to like fashion too much though :) :)

Is there any sort of Neckbeard worse than a skate neckbeard?

this was the skate neckbeard post of the year tho
people are so un self-aware

Toadfish Rebecchi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
« Reply #61 on: October 07, 2019, 06:38:10 AM »
I'm such a core, authentic skateboarder i'm going to take time out of my day to let people know precisely how core and authentic I am. I am going to do this by commenting on a thread about upcoming skate footage from a skater i don't prefer.  i'm going to let everyone know i won't be watching (tee hee i'm so silly!) this footage and that the person doing this skating is underneath my threshold of excellence.  I know it's cool to be amazing at tranny and street, but you can't like rock and roll TOO MUCH.  it's okay to like fashion too much though :) :)

This is a skate message forum where people come to critique skateboarding and skateboarders. That’s the whole point. Daveed IS a fuckin gronk.

And yes, it totally is underneath most of our thresholds of excellence. It’s boring. He’s out of touch. Unfortunately in 2019, no one wants to see a Bratz doll in an AC/DC tank top kickflip noseslide in a shitty desert ditch that looks exactly the same as one he did in his last part then roll away throwing horns with his tongue out.
[http://distilleryimage1.s3.amazonaws.com/ea8128aa83b711e383dc1219137b9e09_8.jpg]

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 715
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #62 on: October 07, 2019, 08:14:03 AM »
To night!
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1221
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #63 on: October 07, 2019, 09:24:07 AM »

SickSickSicks

• Rep: 20
  • Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus!
« Reply #64 on: October 07, 2019, 09:51:18 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

This is a skate message forum where people come to critique skateboarding and skateboarders. That’s the whole point. Daveed IS a fuckin gronk.

And yes, it totally is underneath most of our thresholds of excellence. It’s boring. He’s out of touch. Unfortunately in 2019, no one wants to see a Bratz doll in an AC/DC tank top kickflip noseslide in a shitty desert ditch that looks exactly the same as one he did in his last part then roll away throwing horns with his tongue out.

Pretty much. The unfortunate part, to me at least, is that he actually has great style on a board, IF you can get past his awful fucking kit and antics... which I can't. And thats one of my many shortcomings as a person.

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #65 on: October 07, 2019, 10:02:54 AM »
He’s definitely not my favorite skater but i wanna see the part. He has good style on transition even if it’s ditch skating i bet it’s pretty good

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 226
« Reply #66 on: October 07, 2019, 10:11:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Gee i wonder what song it'll have
[close]

I'm thinking something from Dear Catastrophe Waitress

HA!

But in all seriousness, I’m just here for the hairline
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #67 on: October 07, 2019, 11:30:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Gee i wonder what song it'll have
[close]

I'm thinking something from Dear Catastrophe Waitress
[close]

HA!

But in all seriousness, I’m just here for the hairline

Yeah, those tan lines are hot as fuck.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3328
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #68 on: October 07, 2019, 11:34:54 AM »
A David Gonzalez part without David Gonzalez in it would be amazing to watch.

The Woodsman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
« Reply #69 on: October 07, 2019, 04:31:45 PM »
Did he have some kind of heavy injury? Everything I’ve seen from him since winning SOTY has been flat out bad, and he’s not old enough to just be old manning it so what’s up with him?
Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
-Gandhi

Hefe43

• Rep: 176
Re: David Gonzalez - Spirit In Blackr
« Reply #70 on: October 07, 2019, 06:25:42 PM »
Did he have some kind of heavy injury? Everything I’ve seen from him since winning SOTY has been flat out bad, and he’s not old enough cto just be old manning it so what’s up with him?

Didn’t he dislocate his shoulder on that huge ender? I remember seeing it it looked real gnarly
Tyshawn seems like the kind of guy to hate everyone at least a little bit

This Thing Of Ours

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 83
« Reply #71 on: October 07, 2019, 06:30:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
The wait begins again. Verso part 2. Anyone get a shot of the essay?
[close]

If Mark is like bukowski or some shit, David is like Stephen King. Ain’t no cerebral thought In that boys skating outside of, “damn this is gnarly”.
[close]

focus your brain dude
[close]

On board with an Apples part but, do you all remember that one time Guy ran for SOTY and lost to Daveed?

guy basically told jake fuck thrasher.  of course he lost.

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -598
  • who knows
« Reply #72 on: October 07, 2019, 06:55:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
The wait begins again. Verso part 2. Anyone get a shot of the essay?
[close]

If Mark is like bukowski or some shit, David is like Stephen King. Ain’t no cerebral thought In that boys skating outside of, “damn this is gnarly”.
[close]

focus your brain dude
[close]

On board with an Apples part but, do you all remember that one time Guy ran for SOTY and lost to Daveed?
[close]

guy basically told jake fuck thrasher.  of course he lost.

he lost because he was doing disgusting laser flips out of noseblunt slides and lame body varials (but unlike stephen lawyer, taking those tricks serious).   might as well make gustavo ribeiro SOTY if gross ass combos are what a SOTY needs to do.
where is home?

GeorgeCostanza

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
« Reply #73 on: October 07, 2019, 06:58:35 PM »
can't believe people still think guy should have got soty for that heinous part
So Colllin have the same t-shirts, seven years by now, at least...

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #74 on: October 07, 2019, 09:27:36 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Hahah, i laughed at this but admittedly i do enjoy his footage, i might be one of the few in this thread it would seem

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

dpelevator

• Rep: 6
« Reply #75 on: October 08, 2019, 05:46:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Hahah, i laughed at this but admittedly i do enjoy his footage, i might be one of the few in this thread it would seem

I'm with you. It feels like he's the last of a dying breed. The Corey Duffels and Garrett Hills of the world. When people who jumped down big stairs and rails took themselves super seriously. Then Jaws came around and made the whole genre goofy. Metal --> Marching Band

Ocelot

« Reply #76 on: October 08, 2019, 06:32:18 AM »
people salty that David G has a SOTY and Suciu will never get one, lol

straight fucking edge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -169
« Reply #77 on: October 08, 2019, 06:41:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

I'm with you. It feels like he's the last of a dying breed. The Corey Duffels and Garrett Hills of the world. When people who jumped down big stairs and rails took themselves super seriously. Then Jaws came around and made the whole genre goofy. Metal --> Marching Band

we need more matt mumford's with shaved heads grinding 20 rails and flicking them off as he rode away
i don't want to link to the channel because is promotes athiesm.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1292
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #78 on: October 08, 2019, 06:43:24 AM »
Nic Cage has an oscar and Joaquin Phoenix doesn't. Thus is the world.

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -195
« Reply #79 on: October 08, 2019, 06:44:46 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

"Lowrider. Donny, Lowrider."
FUCK YOU
not stoked on orcas today. leave the whales alone. big ass black and white motherfuckers. free willy can suck my dick

theknifesong

• Rep: 19
  • wow!balls!
« Reply #80 on: October 08, 2019, 06:59:29 AM »
I just read his latest interview in Thrasher, and it's one of the worst things I've read in a while. Like an interview with a wall.

JohnnySaintLethal

• Rep: 15
« Reply #81 on: October 08, 2019, 07:47:06 AM »
I liked him in wassup rockers

Surf-goth

• Rep: -677
« Reply #82 on: October 08, 2019, 09:47:16 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Don't diss Nicholas Cage dude.
Rest in peace Dick Dale.

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #83 on: October 08, 2019, 02:40:18 PM »
Is he really meant to be releasing a part?
He really hasn't much output over the past few years, bar that el Toro clip :P
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.

WobbleHeadBob

• Rep: 80
« Reply #84 on: October 08, 2019, 02:53:13 PM »
i just dont get how anyone gets past their 2nd band shirt and still throws the toungue and horns pose at every opportunity?

even Braydon quit that shit, and hes cringey as fuck these days.

Ocelot

« Reply #85 on: October 08, 2019, 03:03:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Don't diss Nicholas Cage dude.

nic cage about to go absolutely wild in that new lovecraft movie

can't wait

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #86 on: October 08, 2019, 03:30:37 PM »
i just dont get how anyone gets past their 2nd band shirt and still throws the toungue and horns pose at every opportunity?

I've always been a Brandon fan since seeing his part in TIS, but I was glad when he seemed to tone that down too.
David's part in Extremely sorry was full of absolutely.insane skating and his whole mini-rocker persona seemed like it fit his little kid stature and style. But then he seemed to lean into(or at least the beings responsibleness for marketing and editing his output)it so soooooo hard to the point that it came across as a concerted effort to sell him to a specific demographic.
As much as I wanted to back him afterseeing that part I couldn't because it became so cringey, and I really don't get embarrassed easily
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #87 on: October 08, 2019, 03:54:08 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I've always been a Brandon fan since seeing his part in TIS, but I was glad when he seemed to tone that down too.
David's part in Extremely sorry was full of absolutely.insane skating and his whole mini-rocker persona seemed like it fit his little kid stature and style. But then he seemed to lean into(or at least the beings responsibleness for marketing and editing his output)it so soooooo hard to the point that it came across as a concerted effort to sell him to a specific demographic.
As much as I wanted to back him afterseeing that part I couldn't because it became so cringey, and I really don't get embarrassed easily
i don’t think it was a marketing tactic or anything. He’s really just a psycho manchild from colombia

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #88 on: October 08, 2019, 04:04:05 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
It's sort of funny how back, when Daveed won it in 2012 people, thought you had to be an established pro, and not given the bump that year. In retrospect, if they gave it to Foy in a year he was turned pro, Suciu absolutely should have won it over the 3 big contenders that year (Daveed, Guy and Figgy). Cross Contential is way more rewatchable than anything from those 3 that year, plus Suciu was dropping like a part a month.

Whatever if Suciu never wins it, Guy, Rick Howard, McCrank, Gino, Jerry, Kalis, Heath, Henry Sanchez etc never got one.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 04:06:15 PM by DannyDee »

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #89 on: October 08, 2019, 09:54:37 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up