Author Topic: Red Dead 2 coming to PC Nov. 5th  (Read 1287 times)

50mm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 296
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
Red Dead 2 coming to PC Nov. 5th
« on: October 04, 2019, 08:41:09 AM »
I am so fucking hyped. I’m glad I waited it out, and  I’m so glad I haven’t read any spoilers or watched a lot of gameplay. One of my favorite podcasts I haven’t finished an episode in a year because I don’t want a random spoiler dropped in.

If any PC Pals have been waiting because they don’t have a console. We gotta start a posse and shalom the fuck out of towns. This and Last of Us 2 are the only games I have been waiting for for a while now. So fucking hype.

shucknjive

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -39
Re: Red Dead 2 coming to PC Nov. 5th
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2019, 08:42:09 AM »
does it have mods
mArLeY

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2019, 11:41:54 AM »
I played it on console for a bit only because my brother gifted me it on my birthday awhile back, it's a huge relief we'll finally get to play it with KB/M because aiming just doesn't feel right in the console version especially online.

50mm

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2019, 05:38:52 PM »
Since I haven’t read anything about it I guess when the online was recently released for console you had to pay or some shit. But it will be free on PC. PC version is supposed have a lot of extra polish and bonus content put in.

Man I’ve been dying to play this for years now.

whatsreallygood

• Rep: 9
  • what it do dirty
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2019, 10:26:20 PM »
does it have mods

I hope so. I played the game on a buddies PS4 and it was a huge disappointment. I hope mods can fix a number of things.

For anyone hyped on picking it up, I'd air on the side of caution.

The overall movement is super clunky, I get you're playing a tough as fuck cowboy built like a brick shit house, but playing RDR honestly just feels better, the shooting felt especially worse. You can cheese every combat encounter by consuming healing items and items that restore your slow mo dead eye powers so nothing really ever felt tense. I get that you could impose rules on your self but then you'll run into some shitty checkpoints if you do manage to die. The missions also played like dogshit for the most part, usually it was go here, get exposition loaded on the way, kill enemy waves, the end. Without spoiling anything the worst mission involved prepping for a heist, what this amounted to gameplay wise was slowly walking towards a few select points, holding a button, walking to the next point, repeating this a few more times then finishing. After finishing you are rewarded with a ridiculous amount of cash even though you haven't stolen shit yet, then you have to ride the horse all the way back, without anyone to talk to, if you don't get any interesting random encounters you just turn on autoride and let the game play itself. It's incredibly unengaging, plus all the cash you get allows you to get plenty of weapon upgrades and consumables to cheese the combat. The story is interesting (like a 7.5/10 if you told me to grade it) but the gameplay in the contexts it's used in are meh (like a 4.5/10).
« Last Edit: October 04, 2019, 10:30:31 PM by whatsreallygood »

Audrey II

• Rep: 14176
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2019, 10:06:14 AM »
im gonna get this on release and im very down to start a GANG!
You got questions? Ask me like a fucking man. You know my Insta.

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2019, 09:46:19 AM »
If anyone here was avoiding story spoilers for Red Dead Redemption 2 so they could play it on PC, you might want to avoid the latest trailer Rockstar released.

Audrey II

• Rep: 14176
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2019, 04:05:51 PM »
i read this game was 150 gigs to download. and its crashing like crazy. i think id rather buy a used ps4 instead of another hard drive just for this game
You got questions? Ask me like a fucking man. You know my Insta.

50mm

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2019, 06:50:45 PM »
If anyone here was avoiding story spoilers for Red Dead Redemption 2 so they could play it on PC, you might want to avoid the latest trailer Rockstar released.
Thanks bud!