Author Topic: "Fuck Spike Jonze and fuck Jonah Hill"  (Read 19081 times)

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 269
Re: "Fuck Spike Jonze and fuck Jonah Hill"
« Reply #150 on: October 16, 2019, 06:16:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I made the mistake of watching a Nak IG live yesterday and he went OFF about the whole situation. Saying shit like "Jonah didn't put me on, I AUDITIONED" - yeah, for a movie your friend was co-producing. Seemed insanely egotistical and just plain "this ain't it" territory. "I got a standard acting rate," "no one put me on - not jonah, not FA, not Supreme, not OF - I put myself on" a whole bunch of really whacky ego shit

Love Naks skating tho.

TRULY not trying to brag at all BUT back in 2011 right when OF was blowing up (a month after that Fallon performance and shit,) they were the biggest thing in the world. Their homies Lucas and Julian (OF photographer) were a fan of the hardcore band I was in, and came to the two nights we played at Chain Reaction on that tour. We chilled with them for a few days, they hooked us up with a dope after show and a place to stay. We went to some baller ass house in Huntington and chilled in a hot tub and talked about Youth Of Today, Lucas took me to my first ever costco - really grounding breaking shit I'm talking about here. They were cool as fuck and down to earth and super humble. ANYWAY, Mikey was there fanboying so incredibly hard over the band we were on tour with that it made me actually feel gross and uncomfortable. Like kook of the highest order shit. He truly came off as the biggest dork I had ever met in my life up to that point
[close]

lucas vercetti? legend
[close]

yeah, I haven't talked to him in a minute but was always incredibly kind and down to earth whenever I'd see him passing through LA
[close]

yeah he's a great guy, works full time at supreme, and turns down every girl who asks for a photo. didn't do to well with being 'famous' i don't think. hasn't been on instagram in 2 years either.

Is that the white kid with the Pete Davidson-butthole eyes?

thebacker

« Reply #151 on: October 16, 2019, 06:51:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I made the mistake of watching a Nak IG live yesterday and he went OFF about the whole situation. Saying shit like "Jonah didn't put me on, I AUDITIONED" - yeah, for a movie your friend was co-producing. Seemed insanely egotistical and just plain "this ain't it" territory. "I got a standard acting rate," "no one put me on - not jonah, not FA, not Supreme, not OF - I put myself on" a whole bunch of really whacky ego shit

Love Naks skating tho.

TRULY not trying to brag at all BUT back in 2011 right when OF was blowing up (a month after that Fallon performance and shit,) they were the biggest thing in the world. Their homies Lucas and Julian (OF photographer) were a fan of the hardcore band I was in, and came to the two nights we played at Chain Reaction on that tour. We chilled with them for a few days, they hooked us up with a dope after show and a place to stay. We went to some baller ass house in Huntington and chilled in a hot tub and talked about Youth Of Today, Lucas took me to my first ever costco - really grounding breaking shit I'm talking about here. They were cool as fuck and down to earth and super humble. ANYWAY, Mikey was there fanboying so incredibly hard over the band we were on tour with that it made me actually feel gross and uncomfortable. Like kook of the highest order shit. He truly came off as the biggest dork I had ever met in my life up to that point
[close]

lucas vercetti? legend
[close]

yeah, I haven't talked to him in a minute but was always incredibly kind and down to earth whenever I'd see him passing through LA
[close]

yeah he's a great guy, works full time at supreme, and turns down every girl who asks for a photo. didn't do to well with being 'famous' i don't think. hasn't been on instagram in 2 years either.
[close]

Is that the white kid with the Pete Davidson-butthole eyes?
Yes

Tuff Lover

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 4
« Reply #152 on: October 16, 2019, 07:39:58 PM »
A good fresh bagel can be eaten and enjoyed with no adjustments; 
No butter, no cream cheese, no lox, no eggs, no meat etc...

Every type toasted and butter-soaked is great, especially raisin bagels (maybe not so much for salt or everything bagels.)  Cream cheese goes good on most. Bacon egg and cheese on a onion bagel is mighty tasty. Pork roll egg and cheese on an egg bagel isn't too far behind.

Gimme a fresh plain bagel toasted with salted -butter. Throw on pork roll, eggs cooked with black pepper, a sharp cheddar, chives, mayo and sriracha and I'd be happy.

I can't relate to that bourgeois Mikey guy at all. Jonah at least acted in roles that reminded me of being an fat kid and Spike made videos/movies that made me say "whoa!"

Tuff Lover

• Rep: 4
« Reply #153 on: October 16, 2019, 07:49:05 PM »
this dude doesn't even understand how a microphone works...

Didn't seem like he did. Mikey just kept backing away from the Mic and i had had to turn it up to hear him.... To be fair, i think it should be blamed on the production staff. It sounded worse than the Bambi episode of Rip-Ride.

FS-OverKOOK

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 45
« Reply #154 on: October 17, 2019, 12:05:43 AM »
green light that germ

Nicki

« Reply #155 on: October 17, 2019, 12:36:31 AM »
Who does Nak think he is ? Brad Pitt or something ? Of course he is going to audition
All this crew seems kind of dumb and untitled. I know I would not like to skate/hang out with them for sur. I would get cool guyed in 2 seconds aha.

And Mickey is so naive, he does not explain anything about anything instead he goes out his way to complain like a baby. Also the Ballers stuff was awful, I felt bad for them watching it, in all his interviews he comes of as untitled and very annoying guy and the dorito thing ... He sounds like an untalented scammer. He could be in a movie playing his own part.

Also has anyone seen a IC board in the wild ?

So, Nak had to audition for the role Swan turned down. Fucking Awkward.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 12:54:07 AM by Nicki »

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1488
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #156 on: October 17, 2019, 01:56:33 AM »
this dude is suck a wack kook I cannot even put it into words properly which pisses me off even more. shame on anyone who financially support his BS

howtotictac

• Rep: 12
« Reply #157 on: October 17, 2019, 02:10:07 AM »
Looks like we have a new Steve Berra.

E

• Rep: 11
« Reply #158 on: October 17, 2019, 07:04:00 AM »
At least Berra skated, can anyone post footage of Mikey?

i used to skate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -27
« Reply #159 on: October 17, 2019, 07:40:27 AM »
He has footage on his story right now. A Nollie 180 and a pivot oozing with fake steez

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1111
« Reply #160 on: October 17, 2019, 07:46:08 AM »
At least Berra skated, can anyone post footage of Mikey?

Berra was legitimately really good. I was never hyped on him, but would always be impressed but his back 180 flips/half cab flips.

They both have really slappable faces. Punchable even.
The guys that skat win the group are undeniable. The attitudes are craaaaaaaaazy tho.

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1168
« Reply #161 on: October 17, 2019, 07:51:58 AM »
Expand Quote
let the poster the pals refused become the corner pal.

A)the ratios on a bagel with egg sandwich is off.  the only way to have sufficient egg/meat/bread ratio per bite is if you put too many eggs on and the bagel will lose it structure and texture. often times the bagel is to tall to eat and you crank your mouth trying to shovel the food in your face (not enjoyable) or eat it in uneven bites.  the biscut is the correct size and its texture benefits from the egg.   you can have eggs and bagels but the bagels go next to the scrambled egg.  its not a sandwich and its two different pieces of the meal.  the bagels are a side to the egg.   i implore the next time you want a breakfast sandwich go biscuit. you will be pleased.

B) what separates fine french food from everything else is its focus on technique and quality ingredients.  over seasoning and using too many or too bold flavors is the result of shitty food at the technique and ingredient level. its masking the actual food. "everything" seasoning doesn't enhance the flavor of the bagel covers it.  it becomes something new.

trust.
[close]
Still wrong

hardly art, hardly starving

thebacker

« Reply #162 on: October 17, 2019, 07:58:16 AM »
He has footage on his story right now. A Nollie 180 and a pivot oozing with fake steez

oh man that was tough to watch

boorgs

• Rep: -2
« Reply #163 on: October 17, 2019, 08:27:10 AM »
I can’t wait for the first movie ever about becoming a pro skater from a guy that can’t even make a good skate video. First teen movie studio woohooo

StarRedReaper1993

• Rep: -4
« Reply #164 on: October 17, 2019, 08:36:30 AM »

E

« Reply #165 on: October 17, 2019, 08:47:43 AM »

Isn't that a (terrible) half cab and a kickturn?

left knee cap

• Rep: 118
  • $$$$
« Reply #166 on: October 17, 2019, 08:48:24 AM »

Love Naks skating tho.

what band were you in

honey island

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
« Reply #167 on: October 17, 2019, 08:53:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Love Naks skating tho.

[close]

lucas vercetti? legend
[close]

[close]

[close]

yeah it seemed that he was kinda trippin on that shit even then. Next time i'm in LA imma get w him and talk 80s youth crew. Is he still straight edge?

i believe so. really into motocross too.

E

« Reply #168 on: October 17, 2019, 09:15:47 AM »
Expand Quote

Love Naks skating tho.

[close]

what band were you in

And what band were you touring with at the time?

SickSickSicks

• Rep: 20
  • Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus!
« Reply #169 on: October 17, 2019, 09:23:30 AM »
Mikey Alfred and Jonah Hill are one in the same. Fuck them both. Neither of them deserve to be mentioned in the same conversation with Spike Jonze.

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -457
  • Objectivity police
« Reply #170 on: October 17, 2019, 09:24:22 AM »
Mikey Alfred and Jonah Hill are one in the same. Fuck them both. Neither of them deserve to be mentioned in the same conversation with Spike Jonze.

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

Craig Lutzka

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
« Reply #171 on: October 17, 2019, 09:30:18 AM »
Would you rather:

A. Give up everything bagels forever
Or
B. Watch Mikey Alfred's full nine club episode with headphones.

Choose one
I’m going with B but I’m gonna chew my bagel so loud I can’t hear Mikey’s opinions.

i used to skate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -27
« Reply #172 on: October 17, 2019, 09:45:22 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah you’re right I was trippin. But Idk why he would post that

Sarcasm

• Rep: -9
« Reply #173 on: October 17, 2019, 05:55:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Spike Jones created countless historic skate videos, won a oscar, has done tons of amazing shorts.

this dude doesn't even understand how a microphone works...
[close]
I'm sure you could count his skate videos if you tried.
Quality over quantity.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #174 on: October 17, 2019, 06:06:27 PM »
Safeway’s bakery has the best fucking bagels. If you’re broke and hungry - a buck goes a long way.

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1488
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #175 on: October 17, 2019, 11:41:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yeah you’re right I was trippin. But Idk why he would post that

I know of some other guy that has actually been doing a lot for the national and local skate scene but spent the best years of his potential skateboarding years being a snowboard coach.

He now posts every little kickflip or some other sad trick to maintain his coreness on social media and then resharing them via his social media pages as if they are in any way relevant to the skateboarding scene at large. Imagine some older dude flooding the social media account for some big brand. It is down right embarrassing.

I'm pretty sure Mikey is trying to validate his conviction that what he is doing is still somehow related to skateboarding, so he claim this niche in his marketing and image.

The older I get, the more I realize that the hardest thing is to really commit and skate hard to reach a respectable level. Like the world needs an another not-even-medicore skater that wants to just add branding on some generic product to "benefit the culture" aka his pocket.