Author Topic: Slappy curb on top of rolled curb  (Read 1480 times)

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 429
Slappy curb on top of rolled curb
« on: October 16, 2019, 10:42:11 AM »
Anyone have experience with putting a slappy curb on top of a rolled curb? Thinking about pouring one out front of the house for mini sessions when I cant make it out to spots or for quick little jams while the kids are riding bikes and stuff.
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

What a find

Re: Slappy curb on top of rolled curb
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2019, 12:08:54 PM »
Like finishing the rolled edge into a square? Or making a new curb right behind the rolled one like a step up

arrbee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2019, 12:11:09 PM »
Like finishing the rolled edge into a square? Or making a new curb right behind the rolled one like a step up

Like a step up of sorts, using the rolled curb almost like tranny to the slappy curb
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

animalflesh

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2019, 01:54:24 PM »
It works only if you cement it down or place it in the grass right behind the curb

It’s actually really fun to have a step up curb where you can try and slappy all the way up one onto the next one

But yeah, just sitting on the other curb it slides out all the time

Lloyd Braun

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2019, 08:27:49 AM »
I know some guys that built a curb and qp in front of their house on top of a rolled curb.  I never skated it but it looked fun, although their landlord got pretty pissed. A parking block would be a good start to see if you would enjoy/skate said curb.

arrbee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2019, 10:49:09 AM »
I know some guys that built a curb and qp in front of their house on top of a rolled curb.  I never skated it but it looked fun, although their landlord got pretty pissed. A parking block would be a good start to see if you would enjoy/skate said curb.

I'm the homeowner so I'm not to concerned about that part. Its also a mellow street and I'm the last house on the dead end. It would be more work to bring home a parking block than to just make a form out of some board and pour some crete,

Do you have any pics/vids of the one you're referencing?

Pappy Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2019, 12:07:10 AM »
I don’t have any advice but just here to bump and say I would also like to see an example of said curb setup. Sounds fun

Woos

• Rep: 7
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2019, 08:35:01 PM »
Concrete and shape it like a mini Jersey Barrier would be the best way but that's pretty illegal everywhere and it's not like nobody will see it.

I wish my area had curbs that were slappyable.  Everything is tall, super curved/rolled, and generally fucked from snowplows.  Also they use super sticky paint here.

Lloyd Braun

• Rep: 80
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2019, 01:30:16 PM »
Idk how to link it but check out @frontsiderollin on insta. It’s a lil ways back but there’s a few. It would depend on what kind of neighborhood you live in but most places aren’t down for something like this. They ended up tearing it down. Idk specifics not super tight with those guys but they live not too far from me.