Author Topic: Fuck wind turbines  (Read 6459 times)

Leifkennedy

Fuck wind turbines
« on: October 18, 2019, 03:09:53 AM »
I lived in oahu ,Hawaii my whole life.
My people are fighting and protecting our North shore from wind turbines that are ruining our land scape as well as our health.
96 people today are arrested for laying down in front of 18 wheelers lugging there metal to kahuhku to build this bull shi t wind turbines that isn't neededntonsupply our electrical system. Yet alone it's a out sourced.
There not my governor!  and there not any where of being sub pop as I would be.

The residents have been fighting against for ten years already but still the krooked politicians still be pieces of shi t.

I wanted the world to know.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1189
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Fuck wind turbines
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2019, 03:50:48 AM »
I still can’t get over that time they paved paradise and put up a parking lot.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Kolostrum

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 21
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2019, 03:57:10 AM »
I thought the whole point of wind turbines were that they provided a cheap, eco-friendly, renewable source of energy. How exactly are they ruining your health?

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2019, 03:59:05 AM »
I've seen some points about them being a net negative on the environment, but I'm not qualified enough to say either way.

authentic_creed_bratton

• Rep: 36
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2019, 04:23:52 AM »
sounds better than flint michigan
🤙

landedprimo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
  • Become Pneuma
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2019, 04:57:34 AM »
Isn't this what everyone wanted?
I don’t care what anyone says, a tit mouse’s tibia is a thing of beauty.
The streets await

WobbleHeadBob

• Rep: 80
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2019, 05:04:56 AM »
we have these wind turbines fucking everywhere in Scotland and i have no beef with them at all. they provide steady, cheap and renewable energy & my kid thinks they look cool.

why you cryin?

Audrey II

• Rep: 14183
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2019, 05:15:31 AM »
I lived in oahu ,Hawaii my whole life.
 blah blah blah

wait why are you complaining again?
You got questions? Ask me like a fucking man. You know my Insta.

DirtyBurger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2019, 06:48:25 AM »
I'm genuinely curious about this, because everywhere I've lived they were a great asset, economically, and environmentally. I'd google this to find out why, but my cat keeps jumping on my lap and she's more important to me right now than this issue.

Her name is Priscillia.

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2019, 07:31:35 AM »
Apparently it's 8 wind turbines and the energy is being purchased by Hawaii Electric. Would be pretty sick if they found out how to outsource it like OP suggested. Kansas could be powering Puerto Rico with wind energy right now.

I can't find much info on why people are so upset about it. My conclusion is that life must be pretty good in Oahu.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2019, 08:08:12 AM »
Oahu currently gets all of its power from oil fired power plants. All oil needs to be imported by sea. Sounds worse to me.

The only option that might be better might be smaller scale solar+battery in every house but I don’t know how feasible that is.

shucknjive

• Rep: -39
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2019, 08:25:08 AM »
polo gat
mArLeY

verbal ham

• Rep: 53
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2019, 02:22:15 PM »
Fuck the Wind

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2019, 03:00:38 PM »
I've seen some points about them being a net negative on the environment, but I'm not qualified enough to say either way.

I've heard that they'll never generate the amount of energy that it took to manufacture them, but I've also never back checked that claim.

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 720
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2019, 03:14:16 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I've heard that they'll never generate the amount of energy that it took to manufacture them.

Environmentally this is a good thing. Cheap, plentiful energy sources are what make wasteful, consumeristic lifestyles possible.

LordManHammer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -333
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2019, 03:25:30 PM »
Must be nice to be able to afford living in Hawaii........

Sounds like 1st world problems.
Dueces Bitch's

garthblader

• Rep: 4
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2019, 05:01:32 PM »
The guy who played the professor in Back to the Future railroaded the wind power in my hometown back in Vermont.  They tried to install them on this mountain and that guy spent a lot of money fighting it because he didn't like how it looked. Dude was apparently a pretty limp dick of a human.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2019, 11:01:35 AM »
Theyre shit.  Makes some areas unlivable, topography influences theyre effect.  The end of those swath cutting blades is moving at 300 mph.   They fully affect heart rates.  ^instead of basically typing "duh" why not google some info.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2019, 11:04:28 AM »

Alot of these peoples great granparents grandparents lived there and theyre poor and have been being pushed out for decades.

wurfnnjs

• Rep: 0
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2019, 11:15:46 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
   Alot of these peoples great granparents grandparents lived there and theyre poor and have been being pushed out for decades.
There are slums in hawaii. Mostly populated by indiginous Hawaiians. If you go there, the tourism industry that dominates the islands' economy will try their best to hide it from you. Same thing happens in the Carribbean. Even paradise has its flaws

theSketchLord

• Rep: 41
    • https://images.scribblelive.com/2021/1/4/ca9a0ca8-586d-41e3-ad94-131825707ea0.gif avatar image
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2019, 11:29:05 AM »
A while back there was a massive complaint from a town in South Australia that claimed at full speed they emit this slight whistle that was apparently driving the community slowly insane. 
"Broke the tail, like a well oiled snail"

What a find

« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2019, 11:34:40 AM »
Bad news for sure, big sad

Rick_Kane

« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2019, 11:39:06 AM »
Oh no, more technology to upset the volcano gods! Must lay down in front of 18 wheelers lugging metal or else! Trust me, nobody wants an angry volcano god.

Johncan

• Rep: -3
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2019, 07:33:54 PM »
Theyre shit.  Makes some areas unlivable, topography influences theyre effect.  The end of those swath cutting blades is moving at 300 mph.   They fully affect heart rates.  ^instead of basically typing "duh" why not google some info.
lol no. Not even close to that speed.  Overspeed cutouts are closer to 30 miles per hour. I could see the heart rate effect if you're on top of one or right under a blade.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2019, 08:17:05 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
lol no. Not even close to that speed.  Overspeed cutouts are closer to 30 miles per hour. I could see the heart rate effect if you're on top of one or right under a blade.
  30mph?  on those big motherfuckers?  i dunno dude.   Edit just gogled it and on the biggest ones the tips are going 188 mph so..  those blades are fucking huge and could def affect heart rates edit Im looking more into it but shellless eggs are being called "wind eggs" within the poultry industry.  Hemmoraging livestock within kms of windturbines ect.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2019, 08:40:10 PM by givecigstosurfgroms »

Rick_Kane

« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2019, 08:44:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
  30mph?  on those big motherfuckers?  i dunno dude.   Edit just gogled it and on the biggest ones the tips are going 188 mph so..  those blades are fucking huge and could def affect heart rates edit Im looking more into it but shellless eggs are being called "wind eggs" within the poultry industry.  Hemmoraging livestock within kms of windturbines ect.

It might help your case if you could compose a cogent sentence, let alone argument.

Snow in Florida

« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2019, 09:41:21 PM »
This is a dope ass thread

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2019, 09:53:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

It might help your case if you could compose a cogent sentence, let alone argument.
  yah but ur like gay.  u may as well be a bot with ur rick kane formulaic bullshit.
     edit "gay" the poster
« Last Edit: October 19, 2019, 10:28:32 PM by givecigstosurfgroms »

4LOM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 161
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2019, 05:49:20 AM »
The guy who played the professor in Back to the Future railroaded the wind power in my hometown back in Vermont.  They tried to install them on this mountain and that guy spent a lot of money fighting it because he didn't like how it looked. Dude was apparently a pretty limp dick of a human.

By his calculations when those babies hit 88 mph you’d see some serious shit

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 720
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2019, 11:14:42 AM »