Author Topic: Fuck wind turbines  (Read 6460 times)

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1189
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Fuck wind turbines
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2019, 01:47:49 PM »
Dumb question: How do those spinning blades affect heart rates?  As in “your pulse will increase if those wind turbines are spinning”?  Like if you look at them, you get so psyched on how fast they’re spinning that your heart starts to race? 

I could see this happening, but only to the severely autistic.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

no habla mango

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -63
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2019, 02:04:05 PM »
i read about the floating plastic island in the pacific and it talked about plastic recycling. apparently hawaii has a power plant that runs on burnt plastic. surely eyesore windmills have got to be better all around than melting plastic to get electriity? how dare you?

Ms. Tamzarian

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 727
  • I like dork tricks :/
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2019, 02:59:38 PM »
Dumb question: How do those spinning blades affect heart rates?  As in “your pulse will increase if those wind turbines are spinning”?  Like if you look at them, you get so psyched on how fast they’re spinning that your heart starts to race? 

People EVERYWHERE are dying from BONERS when they see wind turbines! It's too damn exciting!

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2019, 03:09:26 PM »

Basically theres no metranomes in nature.  Get anywhere near one of these fuckers and you will feel the vacumous 'pull' and 'push'.  Its like "whompa wholpa".  Big giant metranome.  Its ominous and inescapable for all critters in the surrounding area.  Its constant, it does not vary and it wasnt there b4.
  Edit im not educated but im 43 and have lived a life and i can just put it together.   I wouldnt be suprised in the least if wind turbines affected nature or health or heart rates.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 03:15:21 PM by givecigstosurfgroms »
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2019, 03:24:10 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
   Basically theres no metranomes in nature.  Get anywhere near one of these fuckers and you will feel the vacumous 'pull' and 'push'.  Its like "whompa wholpa".  Big giant metranome.  Its ominous and inescapable for all critters in the surrounding area.  Its constant, it does not vary and it wasnt there b4.
  Edit im not educated but im 43 and have lived a life and i can just put it together.   I wouldnt be suprised in the least if wind turbines affected nature or health or heart rates.

The way you describe it does seem pretty dystopic.  Like something in Koyaanisqatsi.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2019, 03:25:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

The way you describe it does seem pretty dystopic.  Like something in Koyaanisqatsi.
  Ha are u messin?

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2019, 05:27:03 PM »
Hawaii is a volcanic island chain that gets a majority of its energy from imported sources, which is expensive as fuck, and is largely comprised of fossil fuels, and people are worried they’ll get a heart attack from 8 wind turbines? There’s such a disconnect. The pros outweigh the cons, no matter how you slice it, and that’s what the Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) for this project concluded. Read some shit before you lay in front of a front-loader.

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2019, 05:49:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
  Ha are u messin?

No, I was being serious.  I don’t know about the whole pulse/turbine connection thing, but there is something a little disturbing and alien about them.

Have you seen that movie?  Wind turbines jutting out from the ocean would fit right in there.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2019, 05:51:46 PM »
Hawaii is a volcanic island chain that gets a majority of its energy from imported sources, which is expensive as fuck, and is largely comprised of fossil fuels, and people are worried they’ll get a heart attack from 8 wind turbines? There’s such a disconnect. The pros outweigh the cons, no matter how you slice it, and that’s what the Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) for this project concluded. Read some shit before you lay in front of a front-loader.
  Except no one is saying its one or the other, are they?  Reminds me of people trying to use the fact that homeless people exist as a reason not to take in refugees. Wind turbines certainly are not the only alternative to fossil fuels.
 edit And another thing; if that state needs to outsource then ur country should foot the bill.  Those people did fine -no outsorceing for effin centuries dude. They didn't ask for the influx of human garbage thats the reason for Hawaiis need of "imported sources".  Also thank (native) Hawaii for the skateboard underneath your feet.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 06:08:11 PM by givecigstosurfgroms »

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2019, 05:53:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
  Ha are u messin?
[close]

No, I was being serious.  I don’t know about the whole pulse/turbine connection thing, but there is something a little disturbing and alien about them.

Have you seen that movie?  Wind turbines jutting out from the ocean would fit right in there.
  Okay yah I might chek that movie out.  As long as its not a horror movie.

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2019, 06:21:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
  Ha are u messin?
[close]

[close]
  Okay yah I might chek that movie out.  As long as its not a horror movie.

Not a horror movie.  It’s this badass, really well-made artsy thing.  If you can get over the fact that it doesn’t have any dialogue, you’re in for a treat.

I remember watching it for the first time with my roommate in college:  I kept thinking “how long is this fucking intro?”

It took like 20 minutes for us to realize that the whole movie would be that way.   Very powerful though, imo.

os89

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2019, 06:57:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Great flick. I got sent this shirt by mistake from a shop, but they let me keep it and also sent the correct quasi one.

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2210
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2019, 12:33:01 AM »
I've seen some points about them being a net negative on the environment, but I'm not qualified enough to say either way.

To provide a little perspective, here’s a link to a book I came across not long ago (written by a real-deal skater, no less) that goes into the above in some detail.
Def should buy if you are curious, or want to know more about wind energy.
In short, these things are “kicking the can down the road” to these 3rd world economies, where the gain from our new, decreased need for fossil fuel is offset or lost entirely by the strip mining, poisoning of rivers, deforestation, slavery, etc. that are required to produce these things in the first place.
Very interesting read. Recommended.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2019, 04:55:39 AM »
so, trump said that wind turbines caused cancer, and suddenly renewable energy is bad?

morningcommute

« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2019, 10:12:45 AM »
Expand Quote
I've seen some points about them being a net negative on the environment, but I'm not qualified enough to say either way.
[close]

To provide a little perspective, here’s a link to a book I came across not long ago (written by a real-deal skater, no less) that goes into the above in some detail.
Def should buy if you are curious, or want to know more about wind energy.
In short, these things are “kicking the can down the road” to these 3rd world economies, where the gain from our new, decreased need for fossil fuel is offset or lost entirely by the strip mining, poisoning of rivers, deforestation, slavery, etc. that are required to produce these things in the first place.
Very interesting read. Recommended.

Where’s the link?

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2019, 07:22:38 PM »
Wind turbines produce more energy than it costs to make them and I can’t believe I’ve even entered this thread to say something so criminally obvious.

The reason they actually impact the environment has to do with the amount of land needed to build towards a 100% renewable. Which is still a better alternative and also not a concern in this circumstance. So let’s move along people.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2019, 11:29:57 PM »
By no means do I take everything online like gospel but like I said, I'm not qualified and saw the video below. I doubt many here are experts and have done the research. Also, I want green energy to work and not really exited to use nuclear energy.

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #47 on: October 21, 2019, 11:51:27 PM »
By no means do I take everything online like gospel but like I said, I'm not qualified and saw the video below. I doubt many here are experts and have done the research. Also, I want green energy to work and not really exited to use nuclear energy.

I studied environmental science for my undergrad with environmental policy and am now working on a masters.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #48 on: October 22, 2019, 12:00:39 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I studied environmental science for my undergrad with environmental policy and am now working on a masters.

You're one of the few, then. I'll take your word for it.

Cockaigne

• Rep: 0
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #49 on: October 22, 2019, 02:27:47 AM »
ABD by Don Quichote

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2019, 02:45:31 AM »
ABD by Don Quichote

Ah, I see you're a man of culture as well.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #51 on: October 22, 2019, 04:51:38 AM »
So it's "criminally obvious" you barely explain anything then people are suppose to just go with the fact that you got ur masters or whatever.  Maybe ur right but aparently education does not give character or personality cause u sound like a cock.

sometimeperhaps

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #52 on: October 22, 2019, 04:51:58 AM »
We have some here in Ontario, mostly in farm town 100km + out of larger cities. I often see signs on peoples lawns arguing against the turbines. I guess because the land is flat and they become an eyesore. I personally think they look pretty cool.

I have heard they effect bird flight patterns, and emit a constant humming noise. Not sure if those are over exaggerated or not.

I'm all for anything renewable, and something that's fairly disaster proof (ex., when it fails, there's no oil spill). I hate the argument people make about green energy when it comes to producing the product. They expect anything that's green to be made from sticks and stones, with no negative manufacturing byproduct.

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #53 on: October 22, 2019, 06:01:23 AM »
So it's "criminally obvious" you barely explain anything then people are suppose to just go with the fact that you got ur masters or whatever.  Maybe ur right but aparently education does not give character or personality cause u sound like a cock.

That might be a compliment coming from you

no habla mango

• Rep: -63
« Reply #54 on: October 22, 2019, 06:07:39 AM »
i just looked into it a bit, asides birds flying into them, deforestation in order to plant them can be an issue although in wyoming and california where i've seen vast wind farms, that wasn't really an issue.
i thought someone brought up a nutty conspiracy w/ the cancer risk but apparently they emit a sound above 55 decibels which apparently increases cardiovascular disease!
got me wondering if that noise doesn't chase animals away, create dead zones? just a theory.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #55 on: October 22, 2019, 06:11:41 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
That's not how physiology works. Stop.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
« Reply #56 on: October 22, 2019, 06:25:29 AM »
we have these wind turbines fucking everywhere in Scotland and i have no beef with them at all. they provide steady, cheap and renewable energy & my kid thinks they look cool.

why you cryin?

you never see them being built but everytime you go past theres more of them

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #57 on: October 22, 2019, 06:54:48 AM »
I looked into the claim that they will never generate the amount of power used to create them and it turns out that's only true if they're placed in a location that never gets any wind. Placed in a good location, they can pay for themselves in as little as three years. (googled it)

I always thought the eyesore thing was a load of bullshit. They're much nicer to look at then a coal belching power plant.

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #58 on: October 22, 2019, 06:59:26 AM »
This topic just sounds terrible.  If you actually did it your dick would get all messed up and probably chopped off.  Do not try to have sexy time with wind turbines. 

wurfnnjs

• Rep: 0
« Reply #59 on: October 22, 2019, 07:08:19 AM »
Out here in Maryland, on the Eastern shore near ocean city, they want to build offshore turbines. Ocean city business owners don't want them there because they think it will ruin the view from the beach. but the plan is to put them several miles out, so you can't even see them unless its a perfect day, and even then they'll be little dots. They're just bitching because that's what people do when they see change they don't understand.