Author Topic: Alex Willms' "Welcome to Sk8Mafia" Part  (Read 5808 times)

ihatejulio

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1090
Re: Alex Willms' "Welcome to Sk8Mafia" Part
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2019, 06:02:11 PM »
Well, that was completely fucked up and unexpected. More of this guy, less Stephen Lawyer.

Rohn_mob_joore

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -24
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2019, 06:45:54 PM »
That 5 block he switch heeled was at my middle school, it’s fucking huge. This whole part blows my mind. I’ve seen footy of this guy but it wasn’t this insane.

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -597
  • who knows
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2019, 09:02:12 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNnsbebFC3k

up there with the other top parts of the year.  that was fucking amazing. i like how he let you know he can fuck with the ledge wizardry too.

damn that was so sick.

that was probably the heaviest part I've ever seen from a dude I'd never heard of
where is home?

waffle

• Rep: 123
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2019, 09:20:36 PM »
The filmer, Jesse Silva, is a cool dude and great skater.
He can also Bennett grind handrails (1:51):

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GshNARHI1f8

rawr1922

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 107
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2019, 10:33:41 PM »
that was probably the heaviest part I've ever seen from a dude I'd never heard of

Soty

Andrefosho

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2019, 11:41:18 PM »
I cannot convince myself I was not watching a Zero video

deathturd

• Rep: 87
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2019, 11:57:57 PM »

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2019, 12:35:30 AM »
Makes giant rails look like a little flatbar

flempa1one

• Rep: -17
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2019, 01:53:01 AM »

but how fucking dyslexic do you have to be to confuse zero with sk8mafia

Wow are you really that stupid?

WarmUpZone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 447
  • I hope God makes you break your leg.
    • the Warm Up Zone - watching skate videos over and over avatar image
« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2019, 08:05:30 AM »
Great, great part. However...

I dream of a day when skaters have the talent to choose to not "10-90" those kinked 50-50s. I get that, for the moment, we are just locking in however we can to survive the trick. And those long handrail grinds are incredible and take some serious guts. But the left-right pinch is just not good looking, and skateboarding is an aesthetic medium. How one looks doing a trick matters and the 10-90 is all I see. It looks like they didn't quite get the feeble or smith.

In most cases at this point I would prefer they didn't 50-50 those super long rails at all.

Other than that this was tops. Sorry for nit-picking, Alex.
Warm Up Zone. Let's watch some skateboarding videos.

honey island

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2019, 11:00:52 AM »

should be illegal to film with these cameras

how insane would the sk8 mafia group chat be?

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2019, 11:43:42 AM »

should be illegal to film with these cameras

how insane would the sk8 mafia group chat be?
why?

Sidewalk Funk.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2019, 12:52:42 PM »

I dream of a day when skaters have the talent to choose to not "10-90" those kinked 50-50s. I get that, for the moment, we are just locking in however we can to survive the trick. And those long handrail grinds are incredible and take some serious guts. But the left-right pinch is just not good looking, and skateboarding is an aesthetic medium. How one looks doing a trick matters and the 10-90 is all I see. It looks like they didn't quite get the feeble or smith.

Didn't realize that style of locking into 50-50s had a name or that people disliked it.

smellsdead

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1214
« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2019, 01:08:19 PM »
mafia group text would be so fried, all memes no actual wordz

did not feel like a sk8 mafia part

guess they dont have barbers in sd?

Craig Lutzka

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2019, 02:22:14 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Didn't realize that style of locking into 50-50s had a name or that people disliked it.
I think that way feels better especially backside. I always heard it referred to as “katty wompus”.

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -597
  • who knows
« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2019, 03:46:17 PM »

In most cases at this point I would prefer they didn't 50-50 those super long rails at all.

just when you think you've read the dumbest thing on here someone exponentially one ups it
where is home?

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 499
« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2019, 04:16:37 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

just when you think you've read the dumbest thing on here someone exponentially one ups it

You have the memory of a goldfish then. It's not really even dumb.
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

froufroufox

• Rep: 31
« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2019, 04:58:47 PM »
Woah, I feel like the last time a heavy rail part surprised me that much was Cole Wilson in Oddity. Dude banged everyone over the head.

Corey Shepperd as a rail skater comparison is weirdly spot-on.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2019, 05:00:20 PM by DBOONFOREVER »

Luddite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
« Reply #48 on: October 30, 2019, 06:11:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
I think that way feels better especially backside. I always heard it referred to as “katty wompus”.
I've always heard "smithty fifty"

cuckflip

« Reply #49 on: October 30, 2019, 07:23:37 PM »
What’s up with this guys shirts?

Get fired up

• Rep: -54
« Reply #50 on: October 30, 2019, 07:31:28 PM »
Wow that was amazing. 

baggy spandex

« Reply #51 on: October 30, 2019, 07:33:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]
I've always heard "smithty fifty"

Or “pinched fifty”

Stephens Lawyer

• Rep: 139
« Reply #52 on: October 30, 2019, 07:58:24 PM »
dos pinch

WarmUpZone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 447
  • I hope God makes you break your leg.
    • the Warm Up Zone - watching skate videos over and over avatar image
« Reply #53 on: October 31, 2019, 08:13:35 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Nah, my criticism is valid.
Now, one can certainly argue with my statement that I would rather not see a crazy kinked rail 50-50 at all. Honestly, I was perhaps overselling.

But I fully stand by my opinion that the 10-90 pinchy-fifty is the uglier version of that trick. I feel as strong about this as I do about back leg placement on 360 flips and switch mongo being basically as wack as normal mongo.

For reference, I get my "10-90" phrasing from Boil the Ocean: https://boiltheocean.wordpress.com/2019/05/26/jamie-foy-is-the-90-10-king/

Now if you really want your mind blown, know that I'm perfectly comfortable with the nose touching the ledge on nosegrinds.
Warm Up Zone. Let's watch some skateboarding videos.

cuckflip

« Reply #54 on: October 31, 2019, 08:30:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Nah, my criticism is valid.
Now, one can certainly argue with my statement that I would rather not see a crazy kinked rail 50-50 at all. Honestly, I was perhaps overselling.

But I fully stand by my opinion that the 10-90 pinchy-fifty is the uglier version of that trick. I feel as strong about this as I do about back leg placement on 360 flips and switch mongo being basically as wack as normal mongo.

For reference, I get my "10-90" phrasing from Boil the Ocean: https://boiltheocean.wordpress.com/2019/05/26/jamie-foy-is-the-90-10-king/

Now if you really want your mind blown, know that I'm perfectly comfortable with the nose touching the ledge on nosegrinds.
I get what you mean

I think 50-50 w/out pinching on big stuff looks a lot more dangerous and loose which is really cool

I don’t really care for huge rail parts but you can’t deny that objectively they are truly an insane spectacle to watch.

I’m fine with pinching and big rail skating tho cause it’s just so unattainable to me at this point it’s almost like your not even watching skating anymore. It’s like watching someone jump off a cliff with a squirrel suit if that makes sense.

KRKD1

« Reply #55 on: October 31, 2019, 01:22:17 PM »
First song had me confused as to what I was watching, so outta place for a skate mental video. But then that second beat or whatever came thru and fixed all that.

Either way though this dude rips. And eats shit ten fold. Not a clean shirt in the part.

Mr.Jenkins

• Rep: 156
« Reply #56 on: October 31, 2019, 01:34:57 PM »
First song had me confused as to what I was watching, so outta place for a skate mental video. But then that second beat or whatever came thru and fixed all that.

Either way though this dude rips. And eats shit ten fold. Not a clean shirt in the part.

You should watch it it again but imagine it a Sk8mafia part. Will probably still be confused though.

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
« Reply #57 on: October 31, 2019, 01:58:20 PM »
No disrespect to anyone, but this guy seems like a very odd fit on sk8mafia. With the exception of maybe Alexis I'd say their videos and marketing have been characterized by a kind of SD street-tech and light-hearted team vibe, which I don't get from this at all.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 02:04:11 PM by botefdunn »

winecrab

• Rep: -176
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #58 on: December 19, 2021, 11:13:34 AM »
No disrespect to anyone, but this guy seems like a very odd fit on sk8mafia. With the exception of maybe Alexis I'd say their videos and marketing have been characterized by a kind of SD street-tech and light-hearted team vibe, which I don't get from this at all.

Wow, how have I not seen this before? Could've been last part in any Zero video. What's this dude up to?

quackquack

• Rep: -379
« Reply #59 on: December 19, 2021, 12:12:54 PM »
I've been rapping for about 17 years now. I don't write my stuff no more, I just kick from my head, ya know? I can do that. No disrespect to anyone, but this guy seems like a very odd fit on sk8mafia. With the exception of maybe Alexis I'd say their videos and marketing have been characterized by a kind of SD street-tech and light-hearted team vibe, which I don't get from this at all. but that's how I am.
Oh, the places you'll go.