Author Topic: the bowls at supreme stores  (Read 2925 times)

shpongle

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 212
  • love everyOne and tell the truth
the bowls at supreme stores
« on: October 30, 2019, 03:31:19 PM »
is anyone allowed to skate in the back? those bowls look like a slip n slide lot of slipping around..lots of fun!

os89

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1177
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: the bowls at supreme stores
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2019, 04:29:29 PM »
Sure just go and drop on in

Esmith5488

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2019, 06:22:32 PM »
Don’t know about supreme, but orchard built a bowl in their shop and those dudes rule

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2019, 06:50:28 AM »
Supreme employees starts crying if you touch folded T shirts, so my guess is no not anyone can skate it.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2019, 11:53:40 AM »
Supreme employees starts crying if you touch folded T shirts, so my guess is no not anyone can skate it.

In all fairness I fucking hated folding shirts when I managed a vans.

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2019, 07:56:10 PM »

Jive Turkey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2019, 05:58:35 PM »
Supreme has always had a reputation for being warm and welcoming, so I'm sure it's fine.

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 437
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2019, 05:00:13 AM »
Supreme has always had a reputation for being warm and welcoming, so I'm sure it's fine.

Some years back I was skating LES, finished the session and went over to Supreme to grab a hat and a hoodie. Employee was super disrespectful to the few hypebeast types floating around the store. As he approached me I was bracing for impact after hearing the way he was talking to dudes in there. Not sure if it's cause I had my board with me or what but he was super pleasant to me, explained their whole we only keep one of a thing on the rack if I need something they'll grab it from the back. Talked about skating for a few minutes. When I checked out he threw in a ton of box logo stickers, way more than the standard 1 or 2 they usually do. For what it's worth I would probably be burnt out after dealing with thousands of hypebeasts a day too, and would for sure talk shit to them cause they're still gonna buy the shit.

With this knowledge I would say you'll have to know someone or be someone to get a session in.
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1177
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2019, 07:19:04 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Some years back I was skating LES, finished the session and went over to Supreme to grab a hat and a hoodie. Employee was super disrespectful to the few hypebeast types floating around the store. As he approached me I was bracing for impact after hearing the way he was talking to dudes in there. Not sure if it's cause I had my board with me or what but he was super pleasant to me, explained their whole we only keep one of a thing on the rack if I need something they'll grab it from the back. Talked about skating for a few minutes. When I checked out he threw in a ton of box logo stickers, way more than the standard 1 or 2 they usually do. For what it's worth I would probably be burnt out after dealing with thousands of hypebeasts a day too, and would for sure talk shit to them cause they're still gonna buy the shit.

With this knowledge I would say you'll have to know someone or be someone to get a session in.

Similarly I went into the original spot like 10+ years ago? No one else was in there but me, same thing. Whoever it was, was cool, grabbed the hat I wanted from the back and threw in a few extra stickers. It was rainy out so maybe just a slow day, but he didn't cool guy me at all which is what I was expecting.

50mm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 285
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2019, 08:22:28 AM »
Sure you can skate it, but then you have to step foot in supreme.

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 226
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2019, 09:45:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Similarly I went into the original spot like 10+ years ago? No one else was in there but me, same thing. Whoever it was, was cool, grabbed the hat I wanted from the back and threw in a few extra stickers. It was rainy out so maybe just a slow day, but he didn't cool guy me at all which is what I was expecting.

I’m going to add that when I first visited New York a few years ago I had my board and actually expected to get vibed, I clearly wasn’t buying anything. Dudes were cool to me and the most side eye I got was to check out the paint job on my grip.

There definitely seems to be something to having a skated board with you while visiting.
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

banksandledges

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 207
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2019, 04:04:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I’m going to add that when I first visited New York a few years ago I had my board and actually expected to get vibed, I clearly wasn’t buying anything. Dudes were cool to me and the most side eye I got was to check out the paint job on my grip.

There definitely seems to be something to having a skated board with you while visiting.

Yes. Because almost everyone that works at a supreme skates. One of the few places I know that being a skater actually gets you better treatment.