Author Topic: Tiago of DC?  (Read 30581 times)

oyolar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 383
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Tiago of DC?
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2019, 05:23:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Currently rocking some NBs right now... not because I really care, but because I like the shape and they were on sale. Tiago might be my favorite skater and I'll always look forward to seeing him throw down.

Also... as a slap newbie... why do all the posts mentioning a skater leaving a company spell "off" wrong??
[close]
If I remember it right it started when Gino left Chocolate, Gino of Chocolate and it became slang, just like spanly...
[close]

Thanks for the clarification ✌️

It happened way before that.

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1224
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2019, 05:25:52 PM »
Expand Quote
God dammit why does a shoe brand I dislike the look of so much have a bunch of skaters I really like?! They gotta convince NB# to make some shoes with no big N on the side.
[close]

it's a bummer they seem to be the right shoe for my foot health situation but that logo and those colorways... oof
youre telling new the forest green colorway of the Jamie foys don’t get you all warm and tingly inside? Not even the halloween franky villanis?  :'(

thebacker

« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2019, 05:41:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I’ll always like his skating no matter what but it was very sick when he was on BLVD and DC as opposed to Primitive and NB. Times change but that pop remains.
[close]
Speaking of blvd is Carlos iqui just blacklisted from skating now after the plane incident? It’s almost as if Tiago sacrificed him for the proper come up cause he’s just gone now and Tiago making major moves.
[close]

What happened to Iqui?
I think he and Tiago were on a flight and Carlos got too drunk and got into a fight with someone and was banned from entering the US for a year because they were flying there. Someone pls correct me if I’m wrong

hnnng

• Rep: 0
« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2019, 05:42:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
God dammit why does a shoe brand I dislike the look of so much have a bunch of skaters I really like?! They gotta convince NB# to make some shoes with no big N on the side.
[close]

it's a bummer they seem to be the right shoe for my foot health situation but that logo and those colorways... oof
[close]
youre telling new the forest green colorway of the Jamie foys don’t get you all warm and tingly inside? Not even the halloween franky villanis?  :'(

the new foys look good... cant admit to any tingles though.
if you removed the gigantic N... maybe a couple.

any Nike release with that smaller swoosh looks 10x better than any with the giant obnoxious ones for eg. (IMO)
i think i need to see a mini N before i don a pair of NB#'s

Glurmpz

« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2019, 05:59:38 PM »

any Nike release with that smaller swoosh looks 10x better than any with the giant obnoxious ones for eg. (IMO)
i think i need to see a mini N before i don a pair of NB#'s

100%. I can't do Nike, but those ones with the tiny swoosh are 1000 times better. NB# should do the same. Make a few models available with low key branding.

FS-OverKOOK

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 45
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2019, 06:18:22 PM »
my sources say he has decided on fallen.

thomas kook

« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2019, 02:20:03 AM »
Expand Quote
still on dc.

free max b
[close]

yeah so can we make this thread about where the hell is carlos iqui

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 316
« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2019, 03:27:53 AM »
the shoes in that clip don't look like NB...
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 617
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2019, 03:39:32 AM »
Expand Quote
still on dc.

free max b
[close]

he's not listed on the team page though

DC had something going, and Tiago was a big part of it

i really don't get why they couldn't put that money on the table to keep him

chris.

• Rep: 184
« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2019, 03:54:30 AM »
Just posting to say I’m skating some DC Tiagos right now and they are an incredible shoe. And I’m all for that man getting paid.

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2019, 04:24:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Tiago barefoot would still be buttery ass skating
[close]

Tiago's so buck that his bare foot probably looks something like this:

that man is not human

Take all my monies!

But seriously seeing Tiago on NB will be odd. He pulled of the DC look so we'll. Wonder if he'll get a pro model? Never got around to it but always wanted to try his DC shoe.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2019, 06:06:22 AM by Big Baby Jesus »
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

Brguy

« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2019, 04:24:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I’ll always like his skating no matter what but it was very sick when he was on BLVD and DC as opposed to Primitive and NB. Times change but that pop remains.
[close]
Speaking of blvd is Carlos iqui just blacklisted from skating now after the plane incident? It’s almost as if Tiago sacrificed him for the proper come up cause he’s just gone now and Tiago making major moves.
[close]

What happened to Iqui?
[close]
I think he and Tiago were on a flight and Carlos got too drunk and got into a fight with someone and was banned from entering the US for a year because they were flying there. Someone pls correct me if I’m wrong
I'm sure most brands don't really care about your legal status in the US as long as you're getting footage. That said, I looked it up and there was a video march this year and it seems he fucked up his knee real bad, had a little footage in it that seems to be before the injury.

mclovin1336

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2019, 05:38:33 AM »
Tiago on New Balance would be 🔥

why? i still dont have any association with NB, theyre bland in a way.

Omars_Dad

• Rep: 61
« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2019, 07:19:25 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I kinda feel like NB has more of a soul than Nike, like i'm probably not going to find them on the rack at ROSS. The quality of the shoes is pretty damn incredible and they really put out some great edits

victor doom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -15
  • "Have no fear of perfection, you'll never reach it
« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2019, 07:26:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

What happened to Iqui?
[close]
[close]
I'm sure most brands don't really care about your legal status in the US as long as you're getting footage. That said, I looked it up and there was a video march this year and it seems he fucked up his knee real bad, had a little footage in it that seems to be before the injury.
Following him on Instagram. He seems pretty close to being 100 percent after the surgery nowadays, and he is officially unofficial on Sk8mafia (blech!) Also Tiago is off of DC's team page
« Last Edit: November 01, 2019, 07:28:22 AM by victor doom »

AreYouHarvinFun?

• Rep: 3
« Reply #45 on: November 01, 2019, 07:42:25 AM »
Tiago on Savier. Confirmed.

reptar_bar

• Rep: -7
« Reply #46 on: November 01, 2019, 08:12:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Everytime DC gets its shit straight, it crashes again and makes horrible decisions.
[close]

you really think this was their decision if true??
[close]

Possibly.  I dont know however. He seemed the kind of dood that would stick it out. DC is part of what makes his skating look great. If he does go to newblance or whatever, it would look odd as fuck

I think not counter offering him as much as new balance is gonna throw at him is a horrible decision. He's one of the best skaters on the planet and he's brought a lot of core skateboarders back to DC. Not a good look for them if he's of

7th Chamber

« Reply #47 on: November 01, 2019, 08:15:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I kinda feel like NB has more of a soul than Nike, like i'm probably not going to find them on the rack at ROSS. The quality of the shoes is pretty damn incredible and they really put out some great edits
I’ve 100% bought numerics at Marshall’s.

CanadianBacon

• Rep: -70
« Reply #48 on: November 01, 2019, 08:35:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Everytime DC gets its shit straight, it crashes again and makes horrible decisions.
[close]

[close]

Possibly.  I dont know however. He seemed the kind of dood that would stick it out. DC is part of what makes his skating look great. If he does go to newblance or whatever, it would look odd as fuck
[close]

I think not counter offering him as much as new balance is gonna throw at him is a horrible decision. He's one of the best skaters on the planet and he's brought a lot of core skateboarders back to DC. Not a good look for them if he's of

Maybe they couldn't afford too?   New Balance has deep pockets.  Old people love it, and its very popular now with its line of gym and runner shoes.  Classic NB runners are also very trendy and they are the most popular cleats in baseball.

MareVitals

• Rep: -39
« Reply #49 on: November 01, 2019, 11:00:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I can confirm I have seen them at Ross my dude. Looked up the shoe and it had terrible reviews. Every company makes a few lemons
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
Second this. I was eyeing some at Marshall's then looked up the model. Shit reviews. Every brand can make a bad shoe

cheetahsheets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -581
« Reply #50 on: November 01, 2019, 11:08:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Yeah this is dumb af, the aesthetic of DC fit Tiago sooooo well. Although NB is really trying to get into the basketball market rn with the Kawhis they dropped. It would be dope if they did some like hip-hop/retro inspired shit for him. Like if Tiago legit could be on any brand in the world, I wish fuckin Jordan brand would make him a skate shoe. Like Tiago is like the Jordan of skating, and some retro styled skate shoes would fit so fucking well.

Big Cat Clan ain’t nothin to fuck with

“Big Money
Big Cars
We living like Superstars”
TK 3:16

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1192
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #51 on: November 01, 2019, 11:15:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Yeah this is dumb af, the aesthetic of DC fit Tiago sooooo well. Although NB is really trying to get into the basketball market rn with the Kawhis they dropped. It would be dope if they did some like hip-hop/retro inspired shit for him. Like if Tiago legit could be on any brand in the world, I wish fuckin Jordan brand would make him a skate shoe. Like Tiago is like the Jordan of skating, and some retro styled skate shoes would fit so fucking well.

I feel like he’d be the Shawn Kemp of skating, Ishod would be Jordan.

T Funk would be Christian Laettner.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #52 on: November 01, 2019, 11:59:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

His skating will look great regardless. I don't see at all how DC's make a big impact on how his skating looks. I don't think Westgate's skating changed when he went from Emerica to NB#.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #53 on: November 01, 2019, 12:39:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
His skating will look great regardless. I don't see at all how DC's make a big impact on how his skating looks. I don't think Westgate's skating changed when he went from Emerica to NB#.

Think of Corey duffel in big ass d3s.

Gentleman ninja warlock

pdknox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 6
« Reply #54 on: November 01, 2019, 12:46:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

nike soles are just fine in my experience

UncleRandy69

• Rep: 2
« Reply #55 on: November 01, 2019, 12:58:02 PM »
I fuck with Tiago skating in some 420's, seems fitting

Rick Pump

• Rep: 27
  • Yeah, it's my real name.
« Reply #56 on: November 01, 2019, 01:20:00 PM »
How does NB do in Brazil is the real question?

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #57 on: November 01, 2019, 01:26:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

Think of Corey duffel in big ass d3s.
Don't see them as comparable. Thiago isn't going to switch into the bulkiest skateshoes of all-time because he went to NB#. His skating will still look great.

alraunen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 244
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #58 on: November 01, 2019, 01:26:17 PM »
Honestly Tiago and DC was a great duo, NB is a weird fit in my opinion

artskool

• Rep: 31
« Reply #59 on: November 01, 2019, 01:27:05 PM »
I doubt New Balance is even distributed in Brazil. That country is a shit-show business-wise. Super high import tariffs that are supposed to promote local manufacturing with does not actually exist. Actual result of this is very high prices on legit goods, and lots of bootleg products. Think Trump reads slap?