Author Topic: the Nine Club - Colin Provost  (Read 14468 times)

Chatbot

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
Re: the Nine Club - Colin Provost
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2019, 07:47:31 AM »
They're trying to get an official milk sponsor for the show

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2019, 08:01:30 AM »

;D breaking the water cheersing rule.
Handsome debonair fella, Got the Mellow Yellow bezel, Black rims on the Phantom same color Dr. Pepper.

Bizarro Jerry

• Rep: 34
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2019, 08:12:23 AM »
I used to hate this dude for no reason, but now I have a reason.

Luddite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 83
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2019, 08:15:55 AM »
I like the guys skating but wow that was hard to listen to. He was about one more modelo away from developing Bams marble mouth.

i used to skate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -27
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2019, 08:21:53 AM »
Came in here to say, I only listened, and kept thinking it was Ham

Entertaining listen, I kind of like him more now. I figured he was a Riley hawk rocker in image only kind of guy (which is probably a smarter life decision) but he is definitely rocking out

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -195
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2019, 08:25:40 AM »
I like the guys skating but wow that was hard to listen to. He was about one more modelo away from developing Bams marble mouth.

If he started talking about his new alphabet, I would have turned it off while simultaneously punching my own face.
FUCK YOU
not stoked on orcas today. leave the whales alone. big ass black and white motherfuckers. free willy can suck my dick

Audrey II

• Rep: 14183
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2019, 08:27:39 AM »

I understand choosing to drink a pint of milk for calcium but why in the fuck does Kelly just sit with it? That's so weird.

i might be wrong but from what i understand, you piss out most of the calcium when you drink milk anyways. just take vitamins.
You got questions? Ask me like a fucking man. You know my Insta.

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 686
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2019, 08:34:10 AM »
Kelly, just eat some almonds you herb.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1290
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2019, 08:41:25 AM »
Everytime Suciu finishes a book, this guy loses a couple million brain cells. Skateboardings way of balancing things out.

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2019, 08:45:20 AM »
Expand Quote

I understand choosing to drink a pint of milk for calcium but why in the fuck does Kelly just sit with it? That's so weird.
[close]

i might be wrong but from what i understand, you piss out most of the calcium when you drink milk anyways. just take vitamins.

Maybe he thinks veggies are icky?

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 982
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2019, 09:06:53 AM »
this dude kinda rules
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

winecrab

• Rep: -176
« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2019, 09:17:12 AM »
I haven't watched it yet but I've always been a fan. I bought nothing but toy machine Collin boards for about 2 years. My last toy machine board was the led zeppelin one and I was riding his signature zeppelin thunders. It was a great set up.

Now I try to buy Foundation boards because i like foundation and wanna support those dudes,  especially Corey Glick, Cole Wilson, and once in a while Merlino and Servold. If I were to buy a Toy board now it would probably be an Axel or Leo board.

Glurmpz

« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2019, 09:24:40 AM »
I haven't watched it yet but I've always been a fan. I bought nothing but toy machine Collin boards for about 2 years. My last toy machine board was the led zeppelin one and I was riding his signature zeppelin thunders. It was a great set up.

Now I try to buy Foundation boards because i like foundation and wanna support those dudes,  especially Corey Glick, Cole Wilson, and once in a while Merlino and Servold. If I were to buy a Toy board now it would probably be an Axel or Leo board.

I always find this sort of thing^ interesting because I have never once bought a board based off who's pro model it was. I don't have that luxury because I'm so picky about the shape and concave. I don't even care what brand it is or what the graphic looks like, as long as it's the right shape and mold. I guess it would be cool to skate a Gustav board or something, but Sour boards are Jart boards so fuck that. Has to be a deck pressed in one of two places, on my preferred shape and concave or I'll just keep looking.

Also, I just clicked on a random spot in the second half of the interview and holy shit he's faded. Bad look. :o

winecrab

« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2019, 09:34:45 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I always find this sort of thing^ interesting because I have never once bought a board based off who's pro model it was. I don't have that luxury because I'm so picky about the shape and concave. I don't even care what brand it is or what the graphic looks like, as long as it's the right shape and mold. I guess it would be cool to skate a Gustav board or something, but Sour boards are Jart boards so fuck that. Has to be a deck pressed in one of two places, on my preferred shape and concave or I'll just keep looking.

Also, I just clicked on a random spot in the second half of the interview and holy shit he's faded. Bad look. :o

Toy machine has always been my favorite company and the Collin boards were always my size 8.375" and I beleive in supporting skaters I like. Stay Gold and Brainwash made me an instant fan. I've been skating since I was 12 (31 now) and have never been picky about shapes,  concave, or wheel base. I just grab a board from the wall and stand on it. If it feels good I'll buy it. 

Glurmpz

« Reply #44 on: November 04, 2019, 09:40:01 AM »
never been picky about shapes,  concave, or wheel base. I just grab a board from the wall and stand on it. If it feels good I'll buy it.

That's rad - I'm jealous. If I get the exact same shape board, but pressed on a slightly mellower mold, it fucks with so many of my tricks. 360 flips gone. Feet flapping on ollies. I have no patience for relearning tricks every time I set up a board - I just want it to feel exactly the same. It eliminates the 'getting used to the shape' issue.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2019, 10:00:14 AM »
I thought it was great and it had some funny moments for sure. Definitely a different change of pace from the usual episode. Some highlights were:

When Crob handed him the stack of stickers and Collin said “Really!?”.

Crob is handing him the custom made Nixon watch for him and asks “Are you a watch guy” and Collin says “fuck no!”

Emmanuel pad

“I got my ass kicked a little bit it, it was fun”

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2019, 10:11:50 AM »
Well, it comes as no surprise, that this guy is the absolute worst.

winecrab

« Reply #47 on: November 04, 2019, 10:13:51 AM »
I lost interest in learning new flip tricks/skating flatground a decade ago. That may have something to do with it. I've been skating only rails, hubbas, flatbars, and the occasional stair set for the past decade. I can completely destroy a flat bar, I have a really deep bag of grinds/slides and land most things first try but I can barely kickflip unless I'm doing something like a kickflip fs board. I'm sure shapes and stuff matter a lot more if you do flip tricks and skate flatground.

My body is destroyed because of all the rail skating so I've been meaning to start skating flatground  and learn to skate transition but to me there's nothing more fun than hauling ass and grinding a rail. I think I'm gonna stick to skating flat bars and start working on my flatground and tranny skills cause my body is so fucked and I still wanna be skating 10 years from now.

Also, I've been meaning to ask, what's the deal with wheel base? I've never even considered wheel base when buying a board. Should I be skating a longer or smaller wheel base? In which way does it affect the board?

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #48 on: November 04, 2019, 10:15:12 AM »
Getting a real insecure vibe from this dude, there was a lot of bravado in most of the stories he was sharing. Trips me out we're both 31, dude sounds like an idiot lol.

Autozone

• Rep: 61
« Reply #49 on: November 04, 2019, 10:15:38 AM »
Kelly is Ned Flanders.

WobbleHeadBob

« Reply #50 on: November 04, 2019, 10:16:31 AM »
Expand Quote
never been picky about shapes,  concave, or wheel base. I just grab a board from the wall and stand on it. If it feels good I'll buy it.
[close]

That's rad - I'm jealous. If I get the exact same shape board, but pressed on a slightly mellower mold, it fucks with so many of my tricks. 360 flips gone. Feet flapping on ollies. I have no patience for relearning tricks every time I set up a board - I just want it to feel exactly the same. It eliminates the 'getting used to the shape' issue.

Im with Winecrab. I have a pal who is stupidly picky with boards, he swears he can tell the difference between an 8.38 and an 8.4. Im pretty sure its all head games.

I have never been fussy about boards, it makes buying em a whole lot easier.

WobbleHeadBob

« Reply #51 on: November 04, 2019, 10:19:08 AM »
I lost interest in learning new flip tricks/skating flatground a decade ago. That may have something to do with it. I've been skating only rails, hubbas, flatbars, and the occasional stair set for the past decade. I can completely destroy a flat bar, I have a really deep bag of grinds/slides and land most things first try but I can barely kickflip unless I'm doing something like a kickflip fs board. I'm sure shapes and stuff matter a lot more if you do flip tricks and skate flatground.

My body is destroyed because of all the rail skating so I've been meaning to start skating flatground  and learn to skate transition but to me there's nothing more fun than hauling ass and grinding a rail. I think I'm gonna stick to skating flat bars and start working on my flatground and tranny skills cause my body is so fucked and I still wanna be skating 10 years from now.

Also, I've been meaning to ask, what's the deal with wheel base? I've never even considered wheel base when buying a board. Should I be skating a longer or smaller wheel base? In which way does it affect the board?

If you havent thought about it up til now i wouldnt bother.

I certainly aint gonna

Far from relevant

• Rep: -100
« Reply #52 on: November 04, 2019, 10:40:06 AM »
Ill sup up the entire interview in one line

DURRR HURRR HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I didnt even watch it im just assuming.

E

• Rep: 11
« Reply #53 on: November 04, 2019, 10:47:10 AM »
Ill sup up the entire interview in one line

DURRR HURRR HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I didnt even watch it im just assuming.

Pretty spot on actually.

Glurmpz

« Reply #54 on: November 04, 2019, 10:53:39 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

If you havent thought about it up til now i wouldnt bother.

I certainly aint gonna

I second that. As picky as I am about shapes, I've purposely always ignored wheelbase because it's already hard enough for me to find a board.

The shoes/gear section has better threads for this stuff though. Lets focus on today's most fried skater interview.  ;D

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 437
« Reply #55 on: November 04, 2019, 10:57:12 AM »
I thought it was great and it had some funny moments for sure. Definitely a different change of pace from the usual episode. Some highlights were:

When Crob handed him the stack of stickers and Collin said “Really!?”.

Crob is handing him the custom made Nixon watch for him and asks “Are you a watch guy” and Collin says “fuck no!”

Emmanuel pad

“I got my ass kicked a little bit it, it was fun”

I had to go back on that one I thought crob said "do you put sticker on your boards?" and Colins response was "pshh,rarely"

I did like the banter surrounding the watch, he ended up stoked when he saw it was custom engraved with his name.

And the Emmanuel stuff got old quick. 
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

Ed boy

« Reply #56 on: November 04, 2019, 11:00:03 AM »
This was surprisingly entertaining and funny

Kelly really loves that milk

Not A Damn Chance

• Rep: 92
  • Banned from Slam
« Reply #57 on: November 04, 2019, 11:03:23 AM »
Who the fuck pisses at the bottom of the stairs but Colin? Like right where you land.

Holy shit I love you.
Obscure whl moment.  I always used to laugh at that.

50mm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 290
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #58 on: November 04, 2019, 11:11:54 AM »
Any good? The preview made me not want to listen. But most of the previews give that feel.

EastKremer

• Rep: -63
« Reply #59 on: November 04, 2019, 11:43:54 AM »
The interview was one of the funniest ever and you are too suciu if you don’t like it