Author Topic: Building a cruiser board kinda  (Read 4441 times)

Oldguy78

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -64
Re: Building a cruiser board kinda
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2019, 06:18:27 PM »
Haha it worked! Thank you for the tip sir!

slappy50

• Rep: 17
  • gear madness abounds
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2019, 07:17:37 PM »
 it’s a hottttt setup. Do the wheels stick out a lot when looking straight down or is it more of a tease of wheel here and there?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2020, 09:55:58 PM by slappy50 »
niggling

[/quote]

Sundaynuggets

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2019, 07:40:31 PM »
Haha it worked! Thank you for the tip sir!

My pleasure! Sweet set up! Those Hawgs have me wanting to set up some wide wheels again

slappy50

• gear madness abounds
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2019, 09:02:05 PM »
To anyone who’s ridden the oj mini 55mm wheels, are they any good for light sliding. They’re 78a so I think they’ll probably stick but some 78as life nicely so idk. Any opinions? I’m planning on using for cruiser wheels when my legs are toasted and I can’t skate/ it’s getting dark. Opinions?
niggling

[/quote]

Sundaynuggets

« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2019, 09:29:55 PM »
To anyone who’s ridden the oj mini 55mm wheels, are they any good for light sliding. They’re 78a so I think they’ll probably stick but some 78as life nicely so idk. Any opinions? I’m planning on using for cruiser wheels when my legs are toasted and I can’t skate/ it’s getting dark. Opinions?

I ride the Oj super juice minis sometimes and they don’t slide at all. Honestly, the only wheels softer than 97a that I’ve had that slid in any meaningful way were the Powell Gslides (85a) and some random 85a cruiser wheels Pennswood sells on their site. The gslides shape is similar to the Ojs and they slide but only for the first couple weeks, then they stick like most other soft wheels. The Pennswood wheels kept their slide but I have to be going pretty fast to get them sliding.

slappy50

• gear madness abounds
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2019, 09:42:41 PM »
Ok, cool, thanks. Good to know, I guess I’m going to either struggle or learn how to footbrake again. I got 83s sliding today, but not anything meaningful, just little reverts and kicking of the back wheels.
niggling

[/quote]

Sundaynuggets

« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2019, 10:14:59 PM »
Ok, cool, thanks. Good to know, I guess I’m going to either struggle or learn how to footbrake again. I got 83s sliding today, but not anything meaningful, just little reverts and kicking of the back wheels.

No problem! If you find a soft wheel that slides nice please post about it as I’m always on the hunt for that combo!

Oldguy78

« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2019, 02:27:37 AM »
The wheels just barrrrrely stick out with the 159 Indy’s and that’s only because of the offset bearing seat. The bones roughriders I had in there briefly didn’t stick out at all. These Hawgs are very slideable supposedly. If you look at the Landyachtz vids on YouTube for the dingy (they come with the chubby hawgs) they slide them just fine and they’re. 78a hardness. The roughriders were either a 78a or 80a I can’t remember but those will NOT slide. I haven’t tried sliding these hawgs myself yet though. I’ll report back when I get a chance to try them sideways.

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 268
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2019, 05:09:59 AM »
They do slide, but it’s not at all like a ‘regular’ skate slide. Like you’ve probably found out after trying.

With downhill wheels you can’t just kick out the tail and expect to slide, they are way too sticky for that.

You have to have some decent speed, carve into your slide THEN push out. You’ll have to have your weight much more behind the board than on a normal slide, almost like you’re sitting in a chair with your feet resting on your board.

It’s a rad feeling when you do it, but you feel really exposed at the same time. I haven’t gotten it down yet.
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

Oldguy78

« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2019, 10:06:06 AM »

Footbrake how? Like dragging your foot next to the board or is there another technique? I’m new to the soft wheel hill riding thing. I’m originally from SW Florida so we didn’t have any hills and stoping wasn’t an issue ever. Now where I live it’s a different story.

slappy50

• gear madness abounds
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2019, 12:46:56 PM »
Yeah just dragging your foot on the ground.
niggling

[/quote]

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 268
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2019, 02:06:24 PM »
Some say footbraking is weak, but I say if you can get it to smoke, it’s ok

I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

Oldguy78

« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2019, 08:24:13 PM »
I’m really liking this setup. I spent about an hour riding around our warehouse at work when we got done this morning. The floors are really smooth concrete and these wheels are fast! I got a couple of “slides” too and you’re right. It’s nothing like regular skate wheels. It actually feels like the Hawgs would slide better on rougher ground. They really wanted to just grip on the perfect concrete I was on this morning.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2019, 04:44:52 AM »
I’m really liking this setup.
pic?

Oldguy78