Author Topic: Good parks near Garden Grove/Anaheim?  (Read 1168 times)

Burton Ernie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 68
    • Black Mesa avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Good parks near Garden Grove/Anaheim?
« on: November 05, 2019, 09:49:23 PM »
Staying in the ol Garbage Grove for a few days, I’ve used google to find skateparks in the past but just wondering if there’s any good weird skateparks near here that may not show up on search results?

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2194
Re: Good parks near Garden Grove/Anaheim?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2019, 10:25:10 PM »
Staying in the ol Garbage Grove for a few days, I’ve used google to find skateparks in the past but just wondering if there’s any good weird skateparks near here that may not show up on search results?
Garden grove has a tiny park that's not worth your time,but its off  westminster blvd and deodra,before brookhurst. Just hit Ponderosa,Brookhurst, or westminster skatepark. It should come up on maps. I got spots in that area too if you want those

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2019, 05:51:22 AM »
Don’t know anything in garden grove but I imagine both vans parks are pretty Uber-able and probably less than ten miles away

Burton Ernie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2019, 12:51:14 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Garden grove has a tiny park that's not worth your time,but its off  westminster blvd and deodra,before brookhurst. Just hit Ponderosa,Brookhurst, or westminster skatepark. It should come up on maps. I got spots in that area too if you want those

Yes, thanks man! I’ve been to Westminster before, you’re right it’s bad. The actual obstacles are fine but I’m old and like to cruise. Daughter woke me up at 5am this morning, so I hit Ponderosa at 8, that park is pretty fun. When I was searching it on YouTube I found a GoPro selfie vid of Ronnie Creager cruising it, he still kills it!

I plan to check out Stanton? tomorrow prob, I’ll look up Brookhurst too.

As far as spots go if you got any good slappy spots that would be sick, or anything else fairly low impact. Been looking for a good curb cut to hydrant, always wanted to skate one of those but they’re all kinda tall from what I’ve seen

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2019, 01:00:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Yes, thanks man! I’ve been to Westminster before, you’re right it’s bad. The actual obstacles are fine but I’m old and like to cruise. Daughter woke me up at 5am this morning, so I hit Ponderosa at 8, that park is pretty fun. When I was searching it on YouTube I found a GoPro selfie vid of Ronnie Creager cruising it, he still kills it!

As far as spots go if you got any good slappy spots that would be sick, or anything else fairly low impact. Been looking for a good curb cut to hydrant, always wanted to skate one of those but they’re all kinda tall from what I’ve seen
Stanton is small, you may as well hit HB Vans by the Bella Terra. Theres curb spots all over,most of the GG schools have a good lot of em'  I honestly would just map out the nearest ones, if you're here through the weekend the Santa Ana DMV is a must. If you're going to be in Stanton just cruise west down Katella,there are a lot of office complexes with curbs for days,even aome wacky spots hidden around Katella and Valley View. Brookhurst park is kinda for bmx because the flow of that place is sort of fucked,but it's fun to cruise,and theres a pool.There are Sadlands replicas (sorta like the ones at Ponderosa) since that's the same park. Chapparrel Park is a legendary spot down the street from Brookhurst skatepark,ledges and the chunky 5 ledge that a lot people skate...grew up there so I'm biased to it's greatness haha! If you head towards HB the Edison rec center park is a good curb spot too.

ihatejulio

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1107
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2019, 09:18:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
Stanton is small, you may as well hit HB Vans by the Bella Terra. Theres curb spots all over,most of the GG schools have a good lot of em'  I honestly would just map out the nearest ones, if you're here through the weekend the Santa Ana DMV is a must. If you're going to be in Stanton just cruise west down Katella,there are a lot of office complexes with curbs for days,even aome wacky spots hidden around Katella and Valley View. Brookhurst park is kinda for bmx because the flow of that place is sort of fucked,but it's fun to cruise,and theres a pool.There are Sadlands replicas (sorta like the ones at Ponderosa) since that's the same park. Chapparrel Park is a legendary spot down the street from Brookhurst skatepark,ledges and the chunky 5 ledge that a lot people skate...grew up there so I'm biased to it's greatness haha! If you head towards HB the Edison rec center park is a good curb spot too.

The Edison rec center is where I learned all my flat ground and how to manny. I owe that spot so much gratitude. I lovingly named it "Wallencurb". If you like manny's OP, it's the best place to do them no question. The curb itself is too chunked out to slappy unfortunately. Best bet for an actual park would be either Vans Park or Volcom Park. Go early because each gets crowded super quick.

Burton Ernie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2019, 06:49:37 AM »
Thanks pals. I want to check out Stanton even though it’s small, that bank to ledge looks fun. I’ll try to get to the Vans park too.

The clip of Stanton I found on YouTube said it was only open 2-8 weekdays, know if that’s still true? Is Vans open all the time, and no helmets or entry fees?

I’m close enough to Ponderosa I may skate that some more, it’s small but pretty fun and has all the basics.

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2019, 06:52:40 AM »
Thanks pals. I want to check out Stanton even though it’s small, that bank to ledge looks fun. I’ll try to get to the Vans park too.

The clip of Stanton I found on YouTube said it was only open 2-8 weekdays, know if that’s still true? Is Vans open all the time, and no helmets or entry fees?

I’m close enough to Ponderosa I may skate that some more, it’s small but pretty fun and has all the basics.
As far as I know Stanton is open all week and thebgate is unlocked at 8/9. Vans HB and Vans in Orange are pads optional now and free

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2019, 07:18:05 AM »

Vans park opens at 9 or 10 if I remember from the last time I was there.