Author Topic: Was Keenan Milton A Victim Of Manslaughter? (Apologies For The Morbidness)  (Read 42249 times)

Chavo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
Re: Was Keenan Milton A Victim Of Manslaughter? (Apologies For The Morbidness)
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2019, 01:57:53 AM »
To answer a previous poster, yes this has been discussed here ad nauseam. The site archives only go back so far. The news story is based on a loss of consortium claim filed by the family and not necessarily to be taken as proof of cause of death. I believe the case was dismissed by the plaintiffs so there's not much to read from the case file.

I think the first story from skate media I read was that he experienced some sort of shock after entering a pool intoxicated (along with spontaneous combustion, people once believed this was an actual way to die).

Eds_gallerist

« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2019, 02:01:08 AM »
Fuck, this thread mad me real sad. What a tragedy.

LPQ = POTY

Cheetah you are such a dipshit.

palelight

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2019, 02:36:14 AM »
Expand Quote
It was drugs/alcohol.

/thread
[close]

Autopsy proved otherwise though... Also people die from alcohol poisoning for sure but it seems he was getting down on the white sack and booze. Unless hes chugging a bottle of booze (which doesn't seem to fit him) no one in a party setting that was 'not wasted' on many accounts, is not going to OD on booze. Also if the white sack was available like the story seems, Kennen would've been more tooted up than anything. People don't die from cocaine.

...?

The Woodsman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2019, 04:41:49 AM »
I have this weird memory from about 12 years ago, I was working my at local at the time and Kris Markovich was there promoting one of his new companies. There were a bunch of people hanging out In the shop and kris starting looking at this little boardwalk we had of signed decks and one of them Keenan choco board and he made a comment about how amazing it was that we had that, and then some guy in the shop said something along the lines of “too bad he OD’d gone to soon” and I distinctly remember Markovitch getting really pissed and yelling at the guy “you don’t know what happened, you weren’t there!”

The whole vibe was weird and it seemed like Kris knew something more but no one was going to ask.
Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
-Gandhi

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 501
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2019, 04:42:29 AM »
You don’t jump on a dudes head and not notice...  tragic accident but the dude who landed on him could have turned it around.

no habla mango

• Rep: -63
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2019, 04:54:17 AM »
brian jones all over again. i wonder if there were any gang members doing security at the party?

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2019, 05:13:08 AM »

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2019, 05:16:54 AM »
You don’t jump on a dudes head and not notice...  tragic accident but the dude who landed on him could have turned it around.
  You know all this how?
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 295
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2019, 05:30:36 AM »

Why would someone even make this song
I wont listen to it but I guess I'll share it.

Fuck whatever a devandra bannedhard is

Toadfish Rebecchi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2019, 05:47:05 AM »
Expand Quote
It was drugs/alcohol.

/thread
[close]

Autopsy proved otherwise though... Also people die from alcohol poisoning for sure but it seems he was getting down on the white sack and booze. Unless hes chugging a bottle of booze (which doesn't seem to fit him) no one in a party setting that was 'not wasted' on many accounts, is not going to OD on booze. Also if the white sack was available like the story seems, Kennen would've been more tooted up than anything. People don't die from cocaine.

Ummmmmm are you the stupidest person on earth?
[http://distilleryimage1.s3.amazonaws.com/ea8128aa83b711e383dc1219137b9e09_8.jpg]

Harrison's Fjord

• Rep: 7
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2019, 05:57:23 AM »
I just watched his H-Street, next generation part. Super bizarre that the part starts with him climbing up to the top of a water fountain, then getting mug shots taken! (And the part ends with him saying 'I'm sorry'...)

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2019, 06:04:18 AM »
I just watched his H-Street, next generation part. Super bizarre that the part starts with him climbing up to the top of a water fountain, then getting mug shots taken! (And the part ends with him saying 'I'm sorry'...)

He may have been the best at a style that hit the bricks and a died quick death -'lip dancing' i think its called?  Anyway he makes shit look awsome imo.  He does a fakie to fakie sweeper grind (:44) in this!!^.   Nbds.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2019, 06:08:16 AM by givecigstosurfgroms »
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

know_your_role

• Rep: 10
« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2019, 06:17:06 AM »
Yo what in the fuck are people smoking on here. This dude was at a party with a lot of drugs and alcohol, this dude prolly was obliterated if it is true. What’s illegal(other then the drugs) of a guy jumping off a railing and accidentally hitting someone? This isn’t like fucking Ali and Shane u fucking idiots, he wasn’t driving a motorcycle/car or anything idiotic, he was just partying. It wasn’t like this dude purposefully tried to fall on top of fucking Keenan. If you’ve never been to a pool party where people don’t try to jump in that shit from stupid places, then you have either never been to a pool party, or the ones u go to are lame af.

Look, I don't have the heart to tell you to stop posting entirely, but I think you should take a two week break

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1933
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2019, 06:47:20 AM »
That’s awful. And crazy that it’s been kinda swept under the rug for so long. I wonder if the people in attendance felt so bad for what actually happened they’ve offered up such a vague history. Reminds me of the Cardiel and Van Wastel thing too.

Don't leave us hanging
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

mattchew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 359
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2019, 06:54:45 AM »
Expand Quote
That’s awful. And crazy that it’s been kinda swept under the rug for so long. I wonder if the people in attendance felt so bad for what actually happened they’ve offered up such a vague history. Reminds me of the Cardiel and Van Wastel thing too.
[close]

Don't leave us hanging

I think he’s referring to Cardiel’s Tent City accident and Van Wastel’s death, the details of which were both left pretty vague to the public for a long time (and still kind of are to some extent).
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

Microforrest

• Rep: -19
« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2019, 08:01:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Don't leave us hanging
[close]

I think he’s referring to Cardiel’s Tent City accident and Van Wastel’s death, the details of which were both left pretty vague to the public for a long time (and still kind of are to some extent).
I was watching Cardiel's Epicly Later'd the other week, and I noticed that the recollection of the story he tells has him approaching the van to ask about directions to the next location they were headed too. But in Matt Rodriguez's Chrome Ball, he clearly states that Cardiel was trying to get a lighter and was refusing to wait until they got they were going. Thought that was interesting, but I can see why he would lie about it since he was almost paralyzed from the waist down because he was impatient.
Olympic athletes have diets and train really hard.
Skateboarders eat candy, talk shit, and drink arizona iced teas.

realitycontrol

• Rep: 237
  • "only when i breathe"
« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2019, 08:02:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Don't leave us hanging
[close]

All three incidents are examples of how everyone in those situations were so intoxicated that people got hurt or died. If there had been more sober people around, Keenan and Van would be alive and Cardiel would not be disabled.

I joined SLAP in 2001 and Keenan’s death was something that could not be discussed on here. It’s kind of a good thing that it’s out there now because it can serve as an example to the next generation. Be safe when you’re partying. People can die or get seriously hurt when they’re intoxicated.
"Judging by the state of the economy and world at large, looks like we get to be the fucked generation." - Mouth

pdknox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 6
« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2019, 08:03:17 AM »
Keenan era was a bit before my time, but I always thought "being too drunk and drowning" seemed strange.  Even if he was coked up, I still have a hard time believing that caused him to drown.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3329
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2019, 08:24:03 AM »
Hi links, pics & quotes.

I'm wondering if I can hire you if I'm ever in need of a good private investigator?

Sidewalk Funk.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2019, 08:25:43 AM »

He's a pretty well known musician that used to skate. You've probably heard his music in skate videos before like this Yaje part. Wouldn't be surprised if he knew Keenan, but I have no idea if he did.

mattchew

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2019, 08:33:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Don't leave us hanging
[close]

[close]
I was watching Cardiel's Epicly Later'd the other week, and I noticed that the recollection of the story he tells has him approaching the van to ask about directions to the next location they were headed too. But in Matt Rodriguez's Chrome Ball, he clearly states that Cardiel was trying to get a lighter and was refusing to wait until they got they were going. Thought that was interesting, but I can see why he would lie about it since he was almost paralyzed from the waist down because he was impatient.

Yeah there's pretty much no chance those dudes were sober...last day on an absolutely epic trip, hellride, etc. but substances are never, ever brought up in relation to that accident. I get it being an incredibly sensitive subject, but also the stigma needs to be dropped. What's done is done and there's no changing it so ignoring it is pretty fucked up.

Skate culture never addresses how ruthless substance abuse is, which is weird because at this point it's so prevalent in everyone's lives; pretty much everyone knows someone who has died from substance abuse.

Dead:

Van
Shane
Phelps
Keenan
Mike Davis
Phil Shao (hit by drunk driver)

Permanently Injured:

Mike mo
Cards
Ali

I'm sure there are many others.
Too much secrecy and gatekeeping in the industry and it's straight up harmful.

Hevonen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2019, 08:47:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Don't leave us hanging
[close]

[close]

All three incidents are examples of how everyone in those situations were so intoxicated that people got hurt or died. If there had been more sober people around, Keenan and Van would be alive and Cardiel would not be disabled.
I don't know about the Cardiel incident. They were probably highly intoxicated, but that stunt sounds like a pretty normal thing for him to do

Also I thought that Van was locked in a hotel room by his team mates to get him off opiates and he committed suicide?

mattchew

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2019, 08:54:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Don't leave us hanging
[close]

[close]

[close]
I don't know about the Cardiel incident. They were probably highly intoxicated, but that stunt sounds like a pretty normal thing for him to do

Also I thought that Van was locked in a hotel room by his team mates to get him off opiates and he committed suicide?

You're kinda missing the forest in the trees here. I believe Van jumped/fell(??) because he was bugging from withdrawals...I'd chalk that up to substance abuse even if his death was self inflicted. Cardiel accident is way more vague but not a stretch to say that maybe it wouldn't have happened if people weren't faded.

The point is that substances played a significant role in all of these.

7th Chamber

« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2019, 09:03:43 AM »
I guarantee nobody knew what happened until it was way too late. Some of you are trying to turn Danny Minnick in to Charles Manson, on some rumor shit. I’ve absolutely been fucked up and jumped in a Pool without looking, or even thinking.

Hevonen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2019, 09:13:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Don't leave us hanging
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

You're kinda missing the forest in the trees here. I believe Van jumped/fell(??) because he was bugging from withdrawals...I'd chalk that up to substance abuse even if his death was self inflicted. Cardiel accident is way more vague but not a stretch to say that maybe it wouldn't have happened if people weren't faded.

The point is that substances played a significant role in all of these.

Yeah that's true, kinda looked at it differently

I guarantee nobody knew what happened until it was way too late. Some of you are trying to turn Danny Minnick in to Charles Manson, on some rumor shit. I’ve absolutely been fucked up and jumped in a Pool without looking, or even thinking.

I don't think anyone is making him out to be a murderer. It was an accident and obviously no one realized what had happened, but I find it weird that all of his friends would let people be think he od'd if that wasn't the case

silvertone_spacemachine

• Rep: 63
« Reply #55 on: November 10, 2019, 09:26:23 AM »

I've never really listened to the dudes music but he's actually pretty good at skating

silvertone_spacemachine

• Rep: 63
« Reply #56 on: November 10, 2019, 09:28:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Don't leave us hanging
[close]

[close]
[close]

Yeah there's pretty much no chance those dudes were sober...last day on an absolutely epic trip, hellride, etc. but substances are never, ever brought up in relation to that accident. I get it being an incredibly sensitive subject, but also the stigma needs to be dropped. What's done is done and there's no changing it so ignoring it is pretty fucked up.

Skate culture never addresses how ruthless substance abuse is, which is weird because at this point it's so prevalent in everyone's lives; pretty much everyone knows someone who has died from substance abuse.

Dead:

Van
Shane
Phelps
Keenan
Mike Davis

Permanently Injured:

Mike mo
Cards
Ali

Pstone as well. Sad shit man

wurfnnjs

• Rep: 0
« Reply #57 on: November 10, 2019, 09:55:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Don't leave us hanging
[close]

[close]
[close]

Dead:

Van
Shane
Phelps
Keenan
Mike Davis

Permanently Injured:

Mike mo
Cards
Ali

[close]

Pstone as well. Sad shit man
Blaize Blouin was also hit by a drunk driver, if I remember correctly.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #58 on: November 10, 2019, 10:00:26 AM »

KRKD1

« Reply #59 on: November 10, 2019, 10:49:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Yo what in the fuck are people smoking on here. This dude was at a party with a lot of drugs and alcohol, this dude prolly was obliterated if it is true. What’s illegal(other then the drugs) of a guy jumping off a railing and accidentally hitting someone? This isn’t like fucking Ali and Shane u fucking idiots, he wasn’t driving a motorcycle/car or anything idiotic, he was just partying. It wasn’t like this dude purposefully tried to fall on top of fucking Keenan. If you’ve never been to a pool party where people don’t try to jump in that shit from stupid places, then you have either never been to a pool party, or the ones u go to are lame af.
[close]

You sound like you have jumped onto someones head in a pool before.

Open and shut case.