Author Topic: Tampa Am Semis and Finals Live feed  (Read 3189 times)

keepthefunkalive

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 129
Tampa Am Semis and Finals Live feed
« on: November 10, 2019, 06:41:18 AM »
In case anyone is interested in watching live... starts at noon EST

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1198
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Tampa Am Semis and Finals Live feed
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2019, 08:10:32 AM »
In case anyone is interested in watching live... starts at noon EST

im going live on onlyfans

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2019, 09:51:09 AM »
Currently watching it, one dude literally only did lipslide and boardslide combos, when did this become the stock contest run? Because it’s super whack

keepthefunkalive

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2019, 10:16:46 AM »
Currently watching it, one dude literally only did lipslide and boardslide combos, when did this become the stock contest run? Because it’s super whack

Meh... those aren't winning runs necessarily, but not bailing is important in contests so that's why people do them a lot. Which is also why contests can be kinda boring to sit through, but I like peeping who's got the consistency along with the bangers. It's a lazy sunday for me so I have it on currently while cleaning up around the house.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2019, 10:24:37 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Meh... those aren't winning runs necessarily, but not bailing is important in contests so that's why people do them a lot. Which is also why contests can be kinda boring to sit through, but I like peeping who's got the consistency along with the bangers. It's a lazy sunday for me so I have it on currently while cleaning up around the house.

I guess it’s the first run and it’s good to play it safe but it was a comical amount of boardslide tricks

keepthefunkalive

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2019, 10:31:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I guess it’s the first run and it’s good to play it safe but it was a comical amount of boardslide tricks

Ha I know what you mean... I'm almost sick of seeing tre flip front boards in SLS even though they're actually hard AF and I can't do them... like many others I see in contests haha

ihatejulio

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1091
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2019, 10:39:28 AM »
Do you get disqualified if you don't have airpods in your ears?

keepthefunkalive

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2019, 10:43:15 AM »
Do you get disqualified if you don't have airpods in your ears?

Only if you don't lift the front of your shirt up to wipe your face

Eds_gallerist

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2019, 11:12:45 AM »
Is that smoking turtle supposed to be edgy?

coyote2425

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2019, 11:48:07 AM »
I'm finally out of touch enough that I don't recognize one name in the semis.

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -458
  • Objectivity police
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2019, 12:27:49 PM »
Only people sponsored by mainstream US companies should be allowed in this. I hate how it’s become a bunch of unknowns only for the most part.

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1372
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2019, 12:36:34 PM »

I only recognize a few, Fortunato and Simoes. I thought Justin Sommer was Michael Sommer but they're two different Sommers.

There was a kid with the first name Lazer.

Hevonen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2019, 12:55:18 PM »

Same. Feel like anyone worth remembering goes pro so fast that these contests don't have the same impact anymore

Edit. These Japanese kids are killing it though! Keyaki with some Ishod tier smoothness
« Last Edit: November 10, 2019, 01:01:54 PM by Hevonen »

keepthefunkalive

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2019, 01:49:53 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Edit. These Japanese kids are killing it though! Keyaki with some Ishod tier smoothness

For sure... I liked that slim shady looking guy's style... Jorge something. Killed it on his first run in the finals.

Edit: Jorge Simoes... mentioned above.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2019, 01:51:35 PM by keepthefunkalive »

The Woodsman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2019, 04:25:52 AM »
I didn’t watch the live stuff but I saw some jake wooten clips on insta and they got me hyped
Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
-Gandhi

dpelevator

• Rep: 6
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2019, 06:32:50 AM »
Maybe its just a tampa pro thing but didnt the announcers used to kind of make fun of people a bit? That was fun when people would get called out for dork tricks or for not even getting close on something or their gear etc. I sound like a boomer right now talking about how Tampa contest announcing has gotten too soft ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

dpelevator

• Rep: 6
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2019, 06:50:21 AM »
Also the proliferation of 270 lips both bs and fs have given contests a real Lutzka/snowboardery vibe. Anyone 450ing in yet?

Sidewalk Funk.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2019, 07:50:48 AM »
Only skaters I recognize from the top 10 are Dominick Walker and Jorge Simoes. Never heard of Kairi Netsuke, but he took it all.

Craig Lutzka

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2019, 08:03:37 AM »
Also the proliferation of 270 lips both bs and fs have given contests a real Lutzka/snowboardery vibe. Anyone 450ing in yet?
We’re working on it

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2019, 09:04:02 AM »

I bet every single run had a 270 lip. It’s insane

keepthefunkalive

« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2019, 02:19:29 PM »
Maybe its just a tampa pro thing but didnt the announcers used to kind of make fun of people a bit? That was fun when people would get called out for dork tricks or for not even getting close on something or their gear etc. I sound like a boomer right now talking about how Tampa contest announcing has gotten too soft ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

There was a kid with a "virginity rocks" t-shirt skating in the semis who caught some flack from the announcers... I'm guessing he got it at his local church youth center skate park? A lot of skaters believe in batshit crazy stuff idk

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2019, 05:43:47 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

There was a kid with a "virginity rocks" t-shirt skating in the semis who caught some flack from the announcers... I'm guessing he got it at his local church youth center skate park? A lot of skaters believe in batshit crazy stuff idk

Zumiez is super backing whatever brand is doing the virginity rocks shirts. Idk what brand but that kid must be on. If it was not related to zumiez, I’d wear some shirts saying I’m a virgin.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

rothdigga

• Rep: 570
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2019, 09:23:46 AM »

When Tim O'Connor and Vern (and Clyde for that matter) used to announce, there was a lot of heckling.  I remember a dude REALLY wanted to fight Tim once during the AM after his run.  Right around the time Savier turned super lame and ended up putting out Tim's shoe without his name on it.  Some kid rode for Savier and Tim just went in on how whack Savier was during his run.  Dude was super bummed out and tried to call Tim down off the stand to fight him...Tim embarrassed the shit out of that kid over the mic to the whole crowd while the kid stood there asking to fight.  Something like this "Ok, ok, ok...this kid is upset at me making fun of his shoe sponsor.  Let me say this in front of everyone here and the whole crowd over the mic...NOBODY CARES!  Get the fuck out of here dude!" 

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2019, 10:17:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Zumiez is super backing whatever brand is doing the virginity rocks shirts. Idk what brand but that kid must be on. If it was not related to zumiez, I’d wear some shirts saying I’m a virgin.
It's a douchey kid named Danny who does cringey man-on-the-street style youtube videos.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2019, 03:38:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

that actually makes it worse

hnnng

• Rep: 0
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2019, 04:07:55 PM »
I didn’t watch the live stuff but I saw some jake wooten clips on insta and they got me hyped

he smashed the back of his head pretty hard during best trick, glad to hear hes all good after that.

my highlight was when he 50 stalled above the quarter, smashed into a 3 or 4 litre water bottle, and got drenched

mclovin1336

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2019, 07:45:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

i dunno if it is this brand https://www.dannyduncan69.com/products/virginity-rocks-skate-deck-black but theyre selling boards with (meant in an ironical way) "virginity rocks" on them

edit: theyre selling apparel with it on as well https://www.dannyduncan69.com/collections/apparel
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 07:47:21 AM by mclovin1336 »

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1177
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2019, 07:49:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

i dunno if it is this brand https://www.dannyduncan69.com/products/virginity-rocks-skate-deck-black but theyre selling boards with (meant in an ironical way) "virginity rocks" on them

edit: theyre selling apparel with it on as well https://www.dannyduncan69.com/collections/apparel

Holy shit the owner or face of the company dude looks like the absolute lamest person I've seen in a while.

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1198
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2019, 07:50:00 AM »
 :-*
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

yea that’s his shit lol

PincherBug

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -102
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2019, 01:56:00 PM »
:-*
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
yea that’s his shit lol

I think that's the kid that Beebull asked if he wanted that smoke