Author Topic: Axel Cruysberghs | The Nine Club With Chris Roberts - Episode 170  (Read 5109 times)

Watson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2230
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Axel Cruysberghs | The Nine Club With Chris Roberts - Episode 170
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2019, 01:57:36 PM »
Not a crazy episode, but not bad. The guy definitely is a nice kid with a good head on his shoulders. I'm stoked for his success.

I didn't watch the whole Lizzie episode. Anyone got a short version or a time stamp of the story of her saving his life?

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2019, 02:43:03 PM »
This made me like him more. He seems like a nice young man.

dooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2019, 03:55:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Dusty ol' Chris Roberts has one shtick to rely on other than the "number of specials", and that's constant xenophobia.
[close]

I listened to the entire ep and didn't really hear a bunch of xenophobic shit. I was at work so I may have missed something, timestamps?
No time stamps, he's more of a snide mousy type who nibbles out sidejabs throughout the whole episode, every episode.

rukes

• Rep: 216
  • Yabba dabba doo
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2019, 04:15:51 PM »
Unless Crob is driving round with a 'Fuck off, We're Full' sticker on the back of his car,  then i dont think he is a xenophobe. Just less cultured than some of yourselves maybe. You're really setting the bar quite high.
Is it true?  Or did you read it on the slap message board?

swordtechnique

• Rep: -56
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2019, 04:49:29 PM »
I think Crob is just incredibly uncomfortable and therefor unknowlegeable about anywhere outside of LA.  He really doesn't like leaving his comfort zone.

anon

• Rep: 54
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2019, 04:59:00 PM »
I didn't watch the whole Lizzie episode. Anyone got a short version or a time stamp of the story of her saving his life?
it's one of the last things they talked about. somewhere in the last 10 minutes

JimThome

• Rep: -4
  • AKA Jim Shalome
« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2019, 05:04:02 PM »
I like Axel. Glad to get to know more about him.

I know complaining about this show is trite at this point, but Chris really needs to stop acting so marveled that foreign people speak foreign languages. This is at least the third time he's expressed how surprised he was that people in China speak Chinese.

I think he was more surprised that when he went into a Starbucks in China, the employees spoke fluent English. Besides I think it was just a joke. I might have missed something though since I wasnt paying attention the entire time.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1955
« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2019, 06:43:02 PM »
Expand Quote

I know complaining about this show is trite at this point, but Chris really needs to stop acting so marveled that foreign people speak foreign languages. This is at least the third time he's expressed how surprised he was that people in China speak Chinese.
[close]

I think he was more surprised that when he went into a Starbucks in China, the employees spoke fluent English. Besides I think it was just a joke. I might have missed something though since I wasnt paying attention the entire time.

I know. He jokes about it anytime anywhere other than America is brought up in conversation. It's not interesting. The guests never find it interesting. He still dedicates at least a few minutes to act hung up on it. I get that his shtick as a host is to feign interest in pretty much anything the guest brings up, but he should take the hint that someone having a non-American last name or another country having a language other than English isn't THAT interesting.

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2019, 09:26:28 PM »
I think Crob is just incredibly uncomfortable and therefor unknowlegeable about anywhere outside of LA.  He really doesn't like leaving his comfort zone.

Correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t he live in Barcelona for a while? Like more than a year I’m pretty sure. That seems like something a person would do to get out of their comfort zone, for me at least.
“I’ll whoop your ass with my arm out of socket”

dooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2019, 12:00:15 AM »
Unless Crob is driving round with a 'Fuck off, We're Full' sticker on the back of his car,  then i dont think he is a xenophobe. Just less cultured than some of yourselves maybe. You're really setting the bar quite high.
One has to announce they're xenophobic, or they simply can't be one? I'm not "setting the bar high", this is something anyone with a bit of common sense can detect.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I know. He jokes about it anytime anywhere other than America is brought up in conversation. It's not interesting. The guests never find it interesting. He still dedicates at least a few minutes to act hung up on it. I get that his shtick as a host is to feign interest in pretty much anything the guest brings up, but he should take the hint that someone having a non-American last name or another country having a language other than English isn't THAT interesting.
He acts "fascinated" but it's never genuine and is just prying for a sneak diss. All around, he's a slimy shell of a man.

straight fucking edge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -169
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2019, 04:36:31 AM »
chris roberts is not a xenophobe and you are an actual moron if you think so
i don't want to link to the channel because is promotes athiesm.

Spacetravelisboring

• Rep: -423
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2019, 07:41:19 AM »
Xenophobia?  Come on man don't  reach so hard. He's  just a silly little man.

E

• Rep: 11
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2019, 07:45:19 AM »

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1216
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2019, 07:48:14 AM »
crobs a little hoe boy trying to entertain the guest with the same dated dry humor that entertains him. With that being said I like him and what he brings to the table

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2019, 08:21:14 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 986
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2019, 09:29:35 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t he live in Barcelona for a while? Like more than a year I’m pretty sure. That seems like something a person would do to get out of their comfort zone, for me at least.

Anytime Barcelona is brought up he gushes about his experience there (maybe he just wants street cred, "Hey, I switch manualed the SHIT out of Barcelona").

straight fucking edge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -169
« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2019, 10:11:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Anytime Barcelona is brought up he gushes about his experience there (maybe he just wants street cred, "Hey, I switch manualed the SHIT out of Barcelona").

now that you guys say that, I am pretty sure that he says he has never been to china.  wow he must hate chinese people
i don't want to link to the channel because is promotes athiesm.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
  • tiger style
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2019, 11:47:04 AM »
really like this guy. i've liked him since first seeing him on king of the road, i thought he had best part in programming injection and now this 9 club he just seems like the nicest most likable, humble guy. big fan. might grab a board