Author Topic: Where is Ben Rayborn?  (Read 87008 times)

powerhazard and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

cynical cow

• Rep: 8
Re: Where is Ben Rayborn?
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2019, 11:21:13 AM »
Whatever happened to Chaz Pineda also? He was my buddy. He moved to Portland a while back. I'm guessing drugs.

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 550
  • Free Max B
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2019, 11:24:37 AM »
theres only one chaz anyone on here besides you has ever heard of.

free max b
FREE MAX B

curbslayer

• Rep: 11
  • How dose the board stick to their feet ?
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2019, 11:32:30 AM »
grew up skating with ben and chaz. from what i can make of it portland sucks the life out of you.
i hope ben is alright where ever he is. dude was a good kid i am bummed he has fallen off so hard.

SHIREFLIP

« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2019, 11:48:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Also heard he had a drug problem from some homies in portland
[close]

Which drug?
[close]

headtowall misspelled "drag". Ben Rayborn has a drag problem.

I would love if this were true.

headtowall

• Rep: -16
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2019, 12:23:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Which drug?
[close]

Yes yes sorry, it started out as a once in awhile thing, but then next thing you know drag brunches lead to too many mimosas. RIP BEN

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 252
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2019, 01:09:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Which drug?
[close]

[close]
Yes yes sorry, it started out as a once in awhile thing, but then next thing you know drag brunches lead to too many mimosas. RIP BEN

One time a bunch of my friends went to Bob and Barbara's in Philly for their drag night. Then afterwards I looked over and my friend's face was all pale and he looked in shock. I asked him what was wrong and he said, "I thought it would have something to do with racing cars."

ghettygreensili

• Rep: -7
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2019, 01:09:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Which drug?
[close]

Toe drags never cool. Wearing a dress and feeling pretty? Sure, I don't care. But Toe Drag? Not cool
Frontside grind blind on the government

cynical cow

« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2019, 01:32:09 PM »
grew up skating with ben and chaz. from what i can make of it portland sucks the life out of you.
i hope ben is alright where ever he is. dude was a good kid i am bummed he has fallen off so hard.

So did I! Maybe we know each other.

Lowcalcium

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -102
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2019, 01:56:44 PM »
I used to see him around Portland everywhere and we skated a few times. I skated with Mike Davis a lot before he passed and from what I heard Tony was trying to get them both to go to rehab. I feel like heís either completely blowing it at this point or working on himself before trying to get back into the industry light again. Sucks because he was fun as hell to skate with and I havenít even seen him in like 2 years.

This sucks I really love Ben Rayborn's skating. He never struck me as a hardcore drug user, but drugs can take anyone down I suppose. I hope he gets clean and sober. I'd hate to see his talent wasted

Blind Fisherman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 402
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2019, 01:57:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Which drug?
[close]

[close]

Toe drags never cool. Wearing a dress and feeling pretty? Sure, I don't care. But Toe Drag? Not cool
Yo, man. This is totally irrelevant to the topic, but you do know that you don't have to attach that dolphin image to every post if you truly want it to be there on every post, right?
This thread makes me feel like I just came across two Juggalos fucking in an alley.

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2019, 03:39:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Which drug?
[close]

[close]

[close]
Yo, man. This is totally irrelevant to the topic, but you do know that you don't have to attach that dolphin image to every post if you truly want it to be there on every post, right?

Blind Fisherman of blind.
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

themeangreen

• Rep: -25
« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2019, 03:48:49 PM »

Why do you think that? It's like Brooklyn with more nature, legal weed and all the hippy chicks with daddy's internet money you could ever hope to have. I've only seen/ heard good and positive things about the place.

curbslayer

« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2019, 04:17:26 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Why do you think that? It's like Brooklyn with more nature, legal weed and all the hippy chicks with daddy's internet money you could ever hope to have. I've only seen/ heard good and positive things about the place.

what do hippie chicks with lots of money usually have ?  hmmmm DRUGS

curbslayer

« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2019, 04:21:47 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

if you dont know me by my screen name probably not. i worked at southside for like 10 years till recently.   

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 468
  • Hellride v. Wellread
« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2019, 04:32:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

what do hippie chicks with lots of money usually have ?  hmmmm DRUGS
PNW been had heroin

cynical cow

« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2019, 04:49:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

if you dont know me by my screen name probably not. i worked at southside for like 10 years till recently.   
Southside was my jam. I learned to drop in there haha. I skated there mostly early 2000s.. Tommy was still the owner then.

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 60
« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2019, 05:47:20 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

except itís usually dark and rainy so everyone hangs out in bars and gets fucked up

Switch FS K-Swiss Grind

• Rep: 75
« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2019, 06:32:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Which drug?
[close]

This. He's getting tucked up, not fucked up.
on the commentary for the scene where jeremy klein rollerblades at that little skatepark he said the actual blader with dreads who was there came up to him and asked him if he listens to korn

cuckflip

« Reply #48 on: November 13, 2019, 06:35:11 PM »
Portland seems like it sucks I would get fucked up al the time too if I lived there

Ianizyeah

• Rep: -59
« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2019, 08:52:05 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I feel like you donít know what Portland is really about . I grew up there a skateboarder and started doing drugs, about 70 percent of everyone I know there struggles with addiction. Itís beautiful for about the first five years. Turns out being a hipster isnít cool, so often people turn to addictions beyond alcohol and weed. Weed is legal, so cheap and so accessible it gets old.

Lord Viper Scorpion

• Rep: 56
  • try to relax. don't let it get to you.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2019, 09:15:08 PM »
wow, sounds like a real hell on earth

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 51
    • tumblr
« Reply #51 on: November 13, 2019, 09:19:59 PM »
I'm sure he has an Instagram or something for you to check in with him. He's probably okay,just pushing his glasses back up towards his face or something.

don't we all

colinquinn

« Reply #52 on: November 13, 2019, 09:48:02 PM »
Portland seems like it sucks I would get fucked up al the time too if I lived there

Supreme George

« Reply #53 on: November 13, 2019, 09:53:53 PM »
Heís fine. Saw him hosting The Price is Right just the other day.

honey island

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
« Reply #54 on: November 13, 2019, 10:24:46 PM »
damn, my level of hipster never got past farming fraudulent stars of the lid and okkervil river toggles on last.fm

asked someone about ben who might know, they responded with "idk, all i know is that he has a winnie the pooh bong"

curbslayer

« Reply #55 on: November 14, 2019, 09:04:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
Southside was my jam. I learned to drop in there haha. I skated there mostly early 2000s.. Tommy was still the owner then.

ya i started working there right after O took over. must have just missed you. from like 03 i was there almost every day i lived just a few blocks away. we probably know each other in a round about way i bet.   

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2108
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #56 on: November 14, 2019, 11:14:27 AM »
damn, my level of hipster never got past farming fraudulent stars of the lid and okkervil river toggles on last.fm

asked someone about ben who might know, they responded with "idk, all i know is that he has a winnie the pooh bong"

It's an odd thing to be known for.

natenola forever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 95
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #57 on: November 14, 2019, 11:22:54 AM »
I saw a few months ago he had been off of Nike for a while and they seem to give him a board every once and a while at Birdhouse, I think he has one trick in the newest Birdhouse video.

graypubes

• Rep: -12
« Reply #58 on: November 14, 2019, 11:40:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

such a sick welcome edit. i didn't know who he was at the time either, but a combination of a relatively unknown dude + rudimentary peni + slave being one of the sickest companies at the time. they did good. and then i lost interest when he quit for birdhouse a few months later.
[close]

Absolutely. Birdhouse is so soft. Glad we got a small glimpse of him on Slave though.
[close]

Tony Hawk, Clive Dixon, Jaws and Lizzie are soft?  Lol, okay...

Those are the people my mom and little sister picture when they hear about skating.

headtowall

• Rep: -16
« Reply #59 on: November 14, 2019, 12:14:42 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I live in one and been to the other/know lots of people there. and Portland and Brooklyn are very very different. Portland has an insane wide spread heroin problem. Obviously Brooklyn does too, but you don't see people nodding off at spots and shows here (save for some street punk shows). People go down deep holes in Portland. Brooklyn you are just more likely to blow some rails on an iphone at Midway and drink high life.