Author Topic: Where is Ben Rayborn?  (Read 87112 times)

ugh_whut, TheAmericanAntique, Buck Bundy, sk8boardrealist and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

JB77

Re: Where is Ben Rayborn?
« Reply #60 on: November 14, 2019, 12:25:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

such a sick welcome edit. i didn't know who he was at the time either, but a combination of a relatively unknown dude + rudimentary peni + slave being one of the sickest companies at the time. they did good. and then i lost interest when he quit for birdhouse a few months later.
[close]

Absolutely. Birdhouse is so soft. Glad we got a small glimpse of him on Slave though.
[close]

Tony Hawk, Clive Dixon, Jaws and Lizzie are soft?  Lol, okay...
[close]

Those are the people my mom and little sister picture when they hear about skating.

Not sure how your mom knowing who Tony Hawk is equates to Birdhouse being soft.  Kind of a weird thing to say, really.  But, carry on.  I wouldn't want to get in the way of you "tough" skaters. 

I'll just be over here with the "soft" guy that just filmed 50 tricks he freaking invented to celebrate his 50th birthday this year.  And the guy who noseblunted Staples Center.  And the guy who ollied down the Lyon 25.  And the girl who did the loop, lol...
« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 12:32:41 PM by JB77 »

BrockSamson

• Rep: -2
« Reply #61 on: November 14, 2019, 12:37:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

such a sick welcome edit. i didn't know who he was at the time either, but a combination of a relatively unknown dude + rudimentary peni + slave being one of the sickest companies at the time. they did good. and then i lost interest when he quit for birdhouse a few months later.
[close]

Absolutely. Birdhouse is so soft. Glad we got a small glimpse of him on Slave though.
[close]

[close]

Those are the people my mom and little sister picture when they hear about skating.
[close]

Not sure how your mom knowing who Tony Hawk is equates to Birdhouse being soft.  Kind of a weird thing to say, really.  But, carry on.  I wouldn't want to get in the way of you "tough" skaters. 

I'll just be over here with the "soft" guy that just filmed 50 tricks he freaking invented to celebrate his 50th birthday this year.  And the guy who noseblunted Staples Center.  And the guy who ollied down the Lyon 25.  And the girl who did the loop, lol...

people who shit talk Birdhouse are perpetually stuck in the back of the middle school bus, getting picked on by the older kids cuz they're tech deck was a birdhouse and not something cool like a World Industries.

Birdhouse has a solid roster. Not the best, not the gnarliest, but solid. Clive, Jaws and Raybourn are indisputably rad as hell. and lizzie and 50 year old tony hawk rip harder than most anyone shit talking them.

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 224
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #62 on: November 14, 2019, 12:40:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

your mom knows who clive dixon is?

Bhaktih

• Rep: -5
« Reply #63 on: November 14, 2019, 01:31:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

your mom knows who clive dixon is?

I'm sure they know each other very well

jack burton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 156
« Reply #64 on: November 14, 2019, 01:57:54 PM »
Checked his tagged ig pics because I was curious too. Got some tagged pics from some random old dude Iím guessing is a bar regular.

mattchew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 149
« Reply #65 on: November 14, 2019, 02:39:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

people who shit talk Birdhouse are perpetually stuck in the back of the middle school bus, getting picked on by the older kids cuz they're tech deck was a birdhouse and not something cool like a World Industries.

Birdhouse has a solid roster. Not the best, not the gnarliest, but solid. Clive, Jaws and Raybourn are indisputably rad as hell. and lizzie and 50 year old tony hawk rip harder than most anyone shit talking them.

First of all, it was a fuckin melon, not an ollie, down the Lyon 25.

Secondly, youíve been inaccurately equating soft with bad for days now. I never said birdhouse sucks or isnít cool or whatever youíre imagining that is so deeply offending you. Compared to $lave in overall aesthetics, Birdhouse is extremely poppy and cookie cutter. No one is questioning the caliber of talent on the Birdhouse roster. Iím not sure why this needs to be spelled out for you, yet here we are.

Thirdly, by the time tech decks came out World Indistries was a fuckin joke, what a terrible analogy.

TL;DR Birdhouse is soft and itís fans arenít smart.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 02:41:08 PM by mattchew »
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -920
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #66 on: November 14, 2019, 02:48:12 PM »
His last thing on yt is a contest clip from 4 months ago and he's super weird in it.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Brguy

• Rep: -34
« Reply #67 on: November 14, 2019, 02:50:10 PM »
Birdhouse team is good, Birdhouse brand is not, learn the difference, kids.

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
« Reply #68 on: November 14, 2019, 02:55:20 PM »
His last thing on yt is a contest clip from 4 months ago and he's super weird in it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=929cFmglJM8

HORSES

• Rep: 88
« Reply #69 on: November 14, 2019, 03:13:59 PM »
Checked his tagged ig pics because I was curious too. Got some tagged pics from some random old dude Iím guessing is a bar regular.

Yikes. He genuinely looks unrecognisable in the first photo.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3lENtCgNW7/
https://www.instagram.com/p/B25L8QnAPE-/
« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 03:23:22 PM by HORSES »

Meekin

• Rep: 7
« Reply #70 on: November 14, 2019, 03:18:42 PM »
big yikes
There was an interview with TK, when he was a plumber. He got asked if he gets recognized on the job and his response was "No. Plumbin in disguise." Everyone on SLAP thought he said "put him in the sky"

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
« Reply #71 on: November 14, 2019, 03:26:29 PM »
Geez

JB77

« Reply #72 on: November 14, 2019, 03:28:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

First of all, it was a fuckin melon, not an ollie, down the Lyon 25.

Secondly, youíve been inaccurately equating soft with bad for days now. I never said birdhouse sucks or isnít cool or whatever youíre imagining that is so deeply offending you. Compared to $lave in overall aesthetics, Birdhouse is extremely poppy and cookie cutter. No one is questioning the caliber of talent on the Birdhouse roster. Iím not sure why this needs to be spelled out for you, yet here we are.

Thirdly, by the time tech decks came out World Indistries was a fuckin joke, what a terrible analogy.

TL;DR Birdhouse is soft and itís fans arenít smart.

Oh, it was a melon?  Youíre right, Birdhouse is soft.  My mistake, lol... 
« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 03:43:00 PM by JB77 »

• Rep: 64
« Reply #73 on: November 14, 2019, 03:30:25 PM »
I donít know about riding around on my manís shoulders but respect for the Dead Milkmen shirt.

JB77

« Reply #74 on: November 14, 2019, 03:42:02 PM »

Thanks for clearing that up.  Hey, is there like a master list of brands you guys think is cool?  I wouldn't want to buy the wrong board.  Cheers!   ;)

Glurmpz

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 313
« Reply #75 on: November 14, 2019, 03:45:13 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yikes. He genuinely looks unrecognisable in the first photo.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3lENtCgNW7/
https://www.instagram.com/p/B25L8QnAPE-/

Is Ben Rayborn gay?

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -127
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #76 on: November 14, 2019, 03:50:08 PM »
Gayborn?

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2108
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #77 on: November 14, 2019, 03:56:06 PM »
That Ric dude is sexy. I'm jealous of Rayborn I guess.

Raccoon Manne

• Rep: -46
« Reply #78 on: November 14, 2019, 04:10:54 PM »
Never become and old alcoholic. It looks sad.

• Rep: 64
« Reply #79 on: November 14, 2019, 04:15:45 PM »
Never become and old alcoholic. It looks sad.
Nah.

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 236
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #80 on: November 14, 2019, 04:41:56 PM »
When was Ben Rayborn?

Jewlien Burford

• Rep: 0
« Reply #81 on: November 14, 2019, 04:43:55 PM »
Birdhouse is so upriver

Rick_Kane

« Reply #82 on: November 14, 2019, 04:45:20 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Thanks for clearing that up.  Hey, is there like a master list of brands you guys think is cool?  I wouldn't want to buy the wrong board.  Cheers!   ;)

Dude brah, forget the haters man just roll a fattie and blast some crunchy jerry tunes brah.

JB77

« Reply #83 on: November 14, 2019, 04:56:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Dude brah, forget the haters man just roll a fattie and blast some crunchy jerry tunes brah.

That's actually great advice!

Skart

• Rep: -33
  • Ham control
« Reply #84 on: November 14, 2019, 05:34:26 PM »
He was last seen in an oj video with nora this year right? Something like that
i need a break from this thread dawg. knowledge doesnt feel like power anymore

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 468
  • Hellride v. Wellread
« Reply #85 on: November 14, 2019, 05:49:34 PM »
He was last seen in an oj video with nora this year right? Something like that
That was the last thing I remembered too but I think that was already over a year ago. He skated one of those big Gonz boards with some 215s on it and those decks had already been out a year or so before the edit. OJ was pushing him around that time too.

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #86 on: November 14, 2019, 05:56:04 PM »
Can't a guy just get really good at skateboarding then jump on the party train for a while? You cowards are just jealous and/or don't smoke crack.
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

OMSK

• Rep: -12
  • get bent
« Reply #87 on: November 14, 2019, 05:59:28 PM »
I will say this about Portland, unless youíre motivated skating is not easy here, especially for 4-6 months. It does rain a lot and if you have time to kill, Portland can become a deep pit. Ive always said itís where pro/am skaters go to retire. Everyone who tries to give it a go in skating has to move away or one becomes lost in the shuffle. Sure Portland/Oregon is rad for some things, but a career in skating it is not. Everything is happening in California, thatís where the companies, the TMs, the photographers and filmers are and if theyíre jumping in the van and a pro is up in Portland doing Portland shit, well then itís on to the next person whoís flow and down for anything. Some people move away, do their thing and come back and can make it happen. Most can not. I hope Ben gets back on track, heís a rad dude and super fun to watch skate.

cuckflip

« Reply #88 on: November 14, 2019, 06:26:17 PM »
Iíll trade footage of him for these pics of him and his drinking buddies on ig, itís a tough choice but Iím here to make deals.

elbarto

• Rep: -20
« Reply #89 on: November 14, 2019, 06:37:16 PM »
Whatever happened to Chaz Pineda also? He was my buddy. He moved to Portland a while back. I'm guessing drugs.

I used to bring his girlfriend old skateboards for free pizza slices at Oasis on Hawthorne lol. I think she made art with them or something.
ďIíll whoop your ass with my arm out of socketĒ