Author Topic: Milton Martinez - ¡DEMOLICIÓN!  (Read 52105 times)

Brguy

Re: Milton Martinez - ¡DEMOLICIÓN!
« Reply #420 on: November 21, 2019, 12:12:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
RIDDLE ME THIS...

IS MARK ON THE SAME LEVEL AS DAEWON ??

I THINK FUCKING NOT ...

I ALSO THINK THAT THE WAY SKATEBOARDING IS RIGHT NOW SOME REGULAR ASS INTERNET UNDERDOG CAN RECREATE MARKS PART AS WE SPEAK ...
HELL MORGAN SMITH CAN DO IT ...

MILTON'S PART I DONT THINK SO ....
[close]
I fuck with morgan smith, But like do you guys just have no memory? I would love to see anyone try and do some of the quick foot shit he did. Like you could have a bust or bail type event at that bank spot in new york and fly in whoever you wanted and I think maybe like gustav and tyler surrey would be the only people to even have a chance. And that's just one trick. I'm not saying he's better than milton or should win but most of your critiques of marks part are just flat out wrong.

Oh and to clarify yes, Suciu is far better than Daewon, I think Daewon would be one of the first to tell you. Yes daewon can fakie manny flip a stump, and flip front crook a rock but he's just not out there putting out a well rounded 8(?) minute part of amazing skating, and some straight-up NBD's at real spots.
[close]

LMAO basically twenty years ago...he was exponentially ahead of everyone..

[close]

This guy gets it(hopefully everyone does but that one kook)

Daewons ledge game was so on point at one time he was doing mach 5 fakie flip 5.0s in lines on legit ledges while most were still learning fakie 5.0s at a snailspace on curbs
[close]
I'm fully aware of what he did in a warehouse 15 years ago, daewon is a beast, I've seen his parts, I've seen the documentary and epicly later'd, I'm aware. But if you can't see the difference between the two I'm not trying to argue with you. It feels like arguing with a kid on youtube about rodney mullen being the best and this thread is about milton so its even more useless.

Although I will say where's the nollie crooks daewon? Where's the back tails? not hating..just curious, always fakie flip this, straight on noseblunt that.
[close]

Dude Rodney Mullen himself would tell you that you’re a fucking idiot. Darwin is unlike any beast there’s ever been. Suciu definitely has the skate IQ that Mullen possesses, and a much better style then Darwin, but Darwin has so much fucking talent compared to almost any skater that’s ever lived. When it comes to technical skating Mark isn’t even in the same ballpark. When it comes to gnarly skating Mark isn’t even in the same ballpark. When it comes to creativity in terms of raw tricks themselves he isn’t in the same ballpark. Darwin can also skate more things. If mark had all the other things Rodney possessed other then the skate IQ I would say u are right because Rodney is better then Darwin, but nah bra don’t even play that deca video had mark Johnson’s ender from FF done better in the middle of the part like nothin.
[close]
you’re the worst and I have no idea what your even going on about up there although I don’t know what mj’s ender In fully flared has to do with anything. It was gross when daewon did it and just as gross when MJ did. respect on the back tail across the trailer though, totally forgot about that. Like I said before I’m not trying to argue with every fuckface on slap about my opinion on daewon in a milton thread just replying to some other guy who mentioned it above. Daewon’s a legend, I just think sucui’s better, my opinion, relax.
If you're going to completely ignore the time range you might as well claim you're pro, since most here are already better than the people that started skating in the 80s. Suciu would be (arguably) better than Daewon, but he is not even a 1/10 as relevant.

Lowcalcium

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #421 on: November 21, 2019, 10:54:16 AM »
Milton will be SOTY because he was the gnarliest skater in the year of our lord 2019. Mark Suciu could never go as hard as Milton because he'd be thinking long term about his body.

And he would have to eat a banana before every insane hammer because he would be worried about his energy level.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 11:05:57 AM by Lowcalcium »

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #422 on: November 21, 2019, 11:34:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Waiting for someone to say "It didn't make me want to skate" comment.

I think Sucui's part will be more remembered in the long run sort of like PJ's Wonderful Horrible but Milton's part is just fitting for a SOTY award.

[close]

I don't think people are going to forget the kickflip carwash clip ever.
[close]

You have it backwards.  This part is going to age much better than Verso.
[close]

No it’s not.

Ten years from now people are going to skate bigger and gnarlier stuff than Milton—that’s a stone cold fact. Whether or not you enjoy the concept of Verso is besides the point as it’s the first part of its kind. People will take ideas from it and make their own parts inspiried by it in the future but it’s a 100% unique video part.

This is just another really gnarly part. Nothing more and certainly nothing less.
[close]
I think you meant, ten years from now every kid who grew up training on the skatepark ledge is going to be able to do every trick in Verso.  We will see how many of them kickflip into the car wash though.  I also enjoyed Sucius part but cmon, Milton is fucking hectic.  To call it "just another really gnarly part" is pretty suspect-car wash bank has been sitting in plain view for decades waiting.
[close]

Name one gnarly part more than a decade old that hasn’t been outdone trick for trick? I’m not taking away anything from Milton—part is psycho, but it’ll be one upped. That’s the nature of the game.

Again whether you like the concept behind Verso or not doesn’t matter. Our boy genius Suciu wrote a poem with skate clips—the first of its kind—and people will remember that for a long time to come. The whole part, not just his last trick. No one is gonna forget the car wash kickflip, but it’s not gonna have the same staying power or rewatchability as Verso.
[close]

Jub's Blackout part is the only one I can think of.

lmfao i literally just came from watching that part to here to wonder wtf happened to that guy?!?! shit was GNAR BARS

City of Drunken Totems

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
  • I lovuh da guile
« Reply #423 on: November 21, 2019, 02:28:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
RIDDLE ME THIS...

I THINK FUCKING NOT ...

I ALSO THINK THAT THE WAY SKATEBOARDING IS RIGHT NOW SOME REGULAR ASS INTERNET UNDERDOG CAN RECREATE MARKS PART AS WE SPEAK ...

[close]
I fuck with morgan smith, But like do you guys just have no memory? I would love to see anyone try and do some of the quick foot shit he did. Like you could have a bust or bail type event at that bank spot in new york and fly in whoever you wanted and I think maybe like gustav and tyler surrey would be the only people to even have a chance. And that's just one trick. I'm not saying he's better than milton or should win but most of your critiques of marks part are just flat out wrong.

Oh and to clarify yes, Suciu is far better than Daewon, I think Daewon would be one of the first to tell you. Yes daewon can fakie manny flip a stump, and flip front crook a rock but he's just not out there putting out a well rounded 8(?) minute part of amazing skating, and some straight-up NBD's at real spots.
[close]

[close]

Daewons ledge game was so on point at one time he was doing mach 5 fakie flip 5.0s in lines on legit ledges while most were still learning fakie 5.0s at a snailspace on curbs
[close]
I'm fully aware of what he did in a warehouse 15 years ago, daewon is a beast, I've seen his parts, I've seen the documentary and epicly later'd, I'm aware. But if you can't see the difference between the two I'm not trying to argue with you. It feels like arguing with a kid on youtube about rodney mullen being the best and this thread is about milton so its even more useless.

Although I will say where's the nollie crooks daewon? Where's the back tails? not hating..just curious, always fakie flip this, straight on noseblunt that.
[close]

Dude Rodney Mullen himself would tell you that you’re a fucking idiot. Darwin is unlike any beast there’s ever been. Suciu definitely has the skate IQ that Mullen possesses, and a much better style then Darwin, but Darwin has so much fucking talent compared to almost any skater that’s ever lived. When it comes to technical skating Mark isn’t even in the same ballpark. When it comes to gnarly skating Mark isn’t even in the same ballpark. When it comes to creativity in terms of raw tricks themselves he isn’t in the same ballpark. Darwin can also skate more things. If mark had all the other things Rodney possessed other then the skate IQ I would say u are right because Rodney is better then Darwin, but nah bra don’t even play that deca video had mark Johnson’s ender from FF done better in the middle of the part like nothin.
[close]
you’re the worst and I have no idea what your even going on about up there although I don’t know what mj’s ender In fully flared has to do with anything. It was gross when daewon did it and just as gross when MJ did. respect on the back tail across the trailer though, totally forgot about that. Like I said before I’m not trying to argue with every fuckface on slap about my opinion on daewon in a milton thread just replying to some other guy who mentioned it above. Daewon’s a legend, I just think sucui’s better, my opinion, relax.
[close]
If you're going to completely ignore the time range you might as well claim you're pro, since most here are already better than the people that started skating in the 80s. Suciu would be (arguably) better than Daewon, but he is not even a 1/10 as relevant.
I don’t really know what you’re even trying to say here, but I’m not debating daewons relevance...

Eds_gallerist

« Reply #424 on: November 21, 2019, 03:19:11 PM »
Random observations :
His board kisses the rail at 2:13 which is awesome

Provost scratching his but after he lands that gap lip while another douche is throwing a thrash can

Too much rhino fisting the air

Awesome part though,  havent rewatched another part that much within short time.

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #425 on: November 21, 2019, 03:20:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
RIDDLE ME THIS...

I THINK FUCKING NOT ...

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I mean yeah, Skate I.Q.
Skate I.Q.
Skate I.Q.
FUCK OFF ABOUT SKATE I.Q!
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 719
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #426 on: November 21, 2019, 03:28:37 PM »
Literally no one is more skilled than Daewon. No one.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -457
  • Objectivity police
« Reply #427 on: November 21, 2019, 03:36:04 PM »

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

chipped tail

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -42
« Reply #428 on: November 21, 2019, 03:42:20 PM »

Just like Verso, Demolicion' came with a mission statement. With all the talk about Mark sniffing his own farts, this is a little fart sniffy too if you ask me. Milton might be the only one  ever to say they are actively seeking SOTY, remind me if theres others. Strategic end of the year timing for dropping the part, when was the most recent clip filmed? the very beginning clip with jake is recycled from Holy Stokes in 2016. sick part. sick he came back from a major injury and conquered the spot that took him out. Wanting SOTY is probably what c-blocked evan smith two years in a row, plus eating a dog turd didnt help.

stephop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -380
« Reply #429 on: November 21, 2019, 03:50:09 PM »

If so then where are the nollie crooks?

Glurmpz

« Reply #430 on: November 21, 2019, 04:21:12 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

If so then where are the nollie crooks?

0:34...

...but I take it that was just a joke anyway. I just watched R vs D round 1 again, and as always his whole part is fucking mind melting. How on earth was he doing all that shit so well way back then? Any Daewon part would still be insane if it came out today.

SSBS1080CBBSNP

• Rep: 18
« Reply #431 on: November 21, 2019, 09:20:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Waiting for someone to say "It didn't make me want to skate" comment.

I think Sucui's part will be more remembered in the long run sort of like PJ's Wonderful Horrible but Milton's part is just fitting for a SOTY award.

[close]

I don't think people are going to forget the kickflip carwash clip ever.
[close]

You have it backwards.  This part is going to age much better than Verso.
[close]

No it’s not.

Ten years from now people are going to skate bigger and gnarlier stuff than Milton—that’s a stone cold fact. Whether or not you enjoy the concept of Verso is besides the point as it’s the first part of its kind. People will take ideas from it and make their own parts inspiried by it in the future but it’s a 100% unique video part.

This is just another really gnarly part. Nothing more and certainly nothing less.
[close]
I think you meant, ten years from now every kid who grew up training on the skatepark ledge is going to be able to do every trick in Verso.  We will see how many of them kickflip into the car wash though.  I also enjoyed Sucius part but cmon, Milton is fucking hectic.  To call it "just another really gnarly part" is pretty suspect-car wash bank has been sitting in plain view for decades waiting.
[close]

Name one gnarly part more than a decade old that hasn’t been outdone trick for trick? I’m not taking away anything from Milton—part is psycho, but it’ll be one upped. That’s the nature of the game.

Again whether you like the concept behind Verso or not doesn’t matter. Our boy genius Suciu wrote a poem with skate clips—the first of its kind—and people will remember that for a long time to come. The whole part, not just his last trick. No one is gonna forget the car wash kickflip, but it’s not gonna have the same staying power or rewatchability as Verso.
[close]

Jub's Blackout part is the only one I can think of.
[close]

lmfao i literally just came from watching that part to here to wonder wtf happened to that guy?!?! shit was GNAR BARS

He retired to a family life after going full psycho in those Label parts.

Brguy

« Reply #432 on: November 21, 2019, 10:21:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
RIDDLE ME THIS...

I THINK FUCKING NOT ...

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
I don’t really know what you’re even trying to say here, but I’m not debating daewons relevance...
It doesn't matter if Suciu's better than Daewon because they're producing their best stuff 15 years apart. No shit Suciu can get more tech, it's been a long fucking time since Daewon actually pushed the boundaries of skateboarding. Not even saying Suciu didn't push beyond in flipping your board a lot, just that it's really stupid to compare the two in any way.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #433 on: November 21, 2019, 10:53:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
RIDDLE ME THIS...

I THINK FUCKING NOT ...

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
It doesn't matter if Suciu's better than Daewon because they're producing their best stuff 15 years apart. No shit Suciu can get more tech, it's been a long fucking time since Daewon actually pushed the boundaries of skateboarding. Not even saying Suciu didn't push beyond in flipping your board a lot, just that it's really stupid to compare the two in any way.

Are you fuckin mental? Suciu is more tech than daewon?

Or did I misinterpret?

Gentleman ninja warlock

deathturd

• Rep: 88
« Reply #434 on: November 21, 2019, 11:55:56 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

With all the talk about Mark sniffing his own farts, this is a little fart sniffy too if you ask me.
But who's farts were the most pungent? Who is FOTY?

CreepySweaty

• Rep: 60
  • i am mitchie brusco i have done the 1080
« Reply #435 on: November 22, 2019, 04:08:05 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Just like Verso, Demolicion' came with a mission statement. With all the talk about Mark sniffing his own farts, this is a little fart sniffy too if you ask me. Milton might be the only one  ever to say they are actively seeking SOTY, remind me if theres others. Strategic end of the year timing for dropping the part, when was the most recent clip filmed? the very beginning clip with jake is recycled from Holy Stokes in 2016. sick part. sick he came back from a major injury and conquered the spot that took him out. Wanting SOTY is probably what c-blocked evan smith two years in a row, plus eating a dog turd didnt help.

if you ask me, Milton’s a bit obtuse for pasting his demolicion statement right over Suciu’s. Poor form. There’s a lotta vacant walls out there.

WobbleHeadBob

• Rep: 80
« Reply #436 on: November 22, 2019, 04:18:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

With all the talk about Mark sniffing his own farts, this is a little fart sniffy too if you ask me.
[close]

I just need to check that you all know that this is photoshopped right?

Not A Damn Chance

• Rep: 92
  • Banned from Slam
« Reply #437 on: November 22, 2019, 04:37:13 AM »
How many books you think he read while making this part?

ArtVandelay

« Reply #438 on: November 22, 2019, 08:44:21 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I think almost all the footage in Demolicion was filmed in 2019. They mention that in the Thrasher article. And I saw that first clip as a tribute to Jake phelps, I don’t think it’s meant to be viewed as a contributing clip - everyone knows that’s a few years old.

rlang

• Rep: 19
« Reply #439 on: November 22, 2019, 09:07:11 AM »

this. *face palm*

chipped tail

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -42
« Reply #440 on: November 22, 2019, 12:44:42 PM »

[/quote]
egg on my face that was a good one. Im glad Milton didn't actually say "hellride"

CreepySweaty

• Rep: 60
  • i am mitchie brusco i have done the 1080
« Reply #441 on: November 22, 2019, 04:52:22 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

this. *face palm*

I tried to make it as obvious as I could

imuseless

• Rep: 14
« Reply #442 on: November 23, 2019, 01:00:53 AM »
TATATATATATA YAYAYAYAA! Not an excessive second in these 10mins.

KRKD1

« Reply #443 on: November 23, 2019, 01:31:37 AM »
Late on the watch party but for fucks sake.

Dude looks like hes snowboarding and not in a bad way. 3/4 of the shit if not more he hits in this part in untouchable for most everyone. Those are snowboard spots. This dude kills it. Kickflip in to sunset.. that first angle.. what in the world. that was bonkers. Absoulely off the rails.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #444 on: November 23, 2019, 06:42:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

That’s a relief! No SOTY should ever know how to use an m dash.

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #445 on: November 26, 2019, 03:24:09 PM »
the car wash had to be the ender--and the whole video is all stoke--but after watching this a bunch of times, his ollie in to the blue bank is my favorite shit, that i always need to rewatch a few times...because of the speed it looks like he kind of had to force his back wheels down or he'd land towards the bottom...anyway, just looks so fucking fun...and of course, bump.

Eds_gallerist

« Reply #446 on: November 27, 2019, 01:38:08 AM »
the car wash had to be the ender--and the whole video is all stoke--but after watching this a bunch of times, his ollie in to the blue bank is my favorite shit, that i always need to rewatch a few times...because of the speed it looks like he kind of had to force his back wheels down or he'd land towards the bottom...anyway, just looks so fucking fun...and of course, bump.

Funny you mention the blue bank. It must be super frightening but it doesnt look like it the way it is filmed to me. Would have loved to see an angle from top with the filmer following so we could grasp what leap this thing actually means.

eranka

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 203
« Reply #447 on: November 27, 2019, 02:36:47 AM »
A velodrome bank is about 45 degrees, insane.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 498
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #448 on: November 27, 2019, 03:48:26 AM »
Imagine how less gnarly this part would’ve been if Strobeck filmed it.

He would have filmed the car wash from the top of a bus

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #449 on: November 27, 2019, 09:35:25 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Funny you mention the blue bank. It must be super frightening but it doesnt look like it the way it is filmed to me. Would have loved to see an angle from top with the filmer following so we could grasp what leap this thing actually means.

if a rough cut comes out, they must have other angles--it would be sick to see from the top.

i'm sure it was terrifying, but the roll away just looks like a blast.