Author Topic: Primitive ENCORE Video  (Read 21781 times)

dallou

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 151
    • Music avatar image
Re: Primitive ENCORE Video
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2019, 03:48:27 AM »
Giovanni  Vianna is so good, really liked his part, great music too
check my music

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2019, 04:09:50 AM »
Well, that was completely and utterly fucked. So much to digest and take in.

Never heard of Giovanni Vianna before but that was fucking insane. His last few tricks were genuinely shocking. Felt like he should've had first part. Also he skated to Dirty Beaches!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2019, 04:14:28 AM by HORSES »

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2019, 04:31:53 AM »
Video of the decade. I few too many yeah right vibes on it.

I wonder how Miles didnt get the last part.

Lloyd Braun

• Rep: 80
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2019, 05:06:18 AM »
That was sick, could have done with less slo mo but overall great. Really enjoyed Wade/JB/Spencer section.

mtvic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2019, 05:13:14 AM »
It looks like wade is never going to film that full part. This was the worst wade footage he has ever put out. That fakie variel flip to barely grind and that Nollie flip tail 270 out really sucked for him. Maybe he is done?  I don’t know.
Carlos, miles, Giovanni, and others were amazing

stephop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -380
« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2019, 05:24:40 AM »
Cab to hurricane was something.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2019, 05:53:43 AM »
20 shot sequence rebooted

Primitive has put out more footage in 3-4 years than all major board brands combined.

I love it, they are shitting on everyone
Gentleman ninja warlock

GeorgeCostanza

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2019, 05:59:36 AM »
Video of the decade. I few too many yeah right vibes on it.

it's because of his pants
So Colllin have the same t-shirts, seven years by now, at least...

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1488
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2019, 06:13:22 AM »
fucking hell, I just finished giovanni's part and my mind is already blown to pieces. can't remember the last time a video got me so stoked

Not A Damn Chance

• Rep: 92
  • Banned from Slam
« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2019, 06:31:13 AM »
Wow that was fucking impressive.
Carlos continues to surprise me. Bump to kinked up rail?
Great video. Will rewatch.
Thanks for sharing that unlisted link.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2019, 06:32:53 AM by HateFV »

Global Moderator

« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2019, 06:34:19 AM »
I feel like videos don't even need to be made anymore... They could just say, "We're thinking of making a new video named Encore. Just picture everything you thought was going to be in it, and that's pretty much what we would have filmed. Now go buy our stuff."

I'm not saying the skating isn't incredible, it's just that every video looks and feels exactly the same to me. These new videos aren't made for my generation though, so if this is everything the current generation craves, then I genuinely hope they enjoyed it.

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2019, 06:38:58 AM »
I feel like videos don't even need to be made anymore... They could just say, "We're thinking of making a new video named Encore. Just picture everything you thought was going to be in it, and that's pretty much what we would have filmed. Now go buy our stuff."

I'm not saying the skating isn't incredible, it's just that every video looks and feels exactly the same to me. These new videos aren't made for my generation though, so if this is everything the current generation craves, then I genuinely hope they enjoyed it.

Its simple, dont watch any video no more.

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • SkateMagArchive
« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2019, 06:45:23 AM »

it is because he's still wearing those special-ed shoes. that opening sw flip was beyond perfect

Global Moderator

« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2019, 06:49:49 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Its simple, dont watch any video no more.

I mostly just skim through videos these days and can get a pretty solid idea of what its all about from that.

morningcommute

« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2019, 06:50:16 AM »
Carlos’ front lip was amazing but I find his fully buttoned up polo neck and cap combos more irritating than I should.

It makes him look part special ed, part nonce

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #45 on: November 17, 2019, 06:59:14 AM »
About halfway done, and I can’t help but notice how giant a squad they have.
Frankie is such a weird fit but for some reason it just works for me and I’m glad they put him on.

Microforrest

• Rep: -19
« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2019, 07:02:49 AM »
yo what happened to Bastien? when his nine club came out he made it sound like he had a lot in the pipes since recovering from his ACL injury. Wasn't he supposed to have a Battle Commander? he also alluded to working hard getting clips for something primitive related too? Thought it would have been this.
Olympic athletes have diets and train really hard.
Skateboarders eat candy, talk shit, and drink arizona iced teas.

Vintagebody

• Rep: 75
« Reply #47 on: November 17, 2019, 07:14:38 AM »
It's good to see Mike Shinoda's career is going well after Linkin Park. Love his style.
I wish there was more Spencer Hamilton. Bastien? When did he skate?
Tiago did too much heelflips.

TheSinforoso

• Rep: 6
« Reply #48 on: November 17, 2019, 07:36:06 AM »
Miles filmed this whole part in 3 months or something? Fucked

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -598
  • who knows
« Reply #49 on: November 17, 2019, 08:23:11 AM »
i just finished frankies part and wow..that may be a sleeper classic that people talk about way down the road.  really, really, good.  pretty timelessso far the filming is on fucking point.  the bench seesion clip was so rad.

edit:  ribeiros opening line made me pause the video.  i was not ready for that shit, holy fuck.  Ribeiro could be a SOTY this year and i don't think anyone could really argue that.  skating like westgate up that rail what the fuck!

Hey Smyth! remember when you woudn't take him off chocolate flow? lol good thing crailtap is thriving now buddy
« Last Edit: November 17, 2019, 08:33:07 AM by Tyroneshoelaces »
where is home?

VCR

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 194
« Reply #50 on: November 17, 2019, 08:30:30 AM »
I enjoyed this video way more than I thought I would. Miles' part is fucked up good and Franky always comes through!

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
« Reply #51 on: November 17, 2019, 09:03:10 AM »
Miles last three tricks. switch jamie thomas, switch mark appleyard, switch lindsey robertson. not bad.
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

snowman600

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 725
« Reply #52 on: November 17, 2019, 09:26:42 AM »
-franky, ribeiro and ginger boy back-to-back-to-back was a face-melter. Franky has actually toned down his wacky trick selection but his skating hit me just as hard, if not harder, dude can huck! and still, that little shuv gap, shuv 5050 in nyc could easily make QS top 10.
-I'm glad the wade/spenny section didn't get the 'token canadian' edit, thanks Spanish!
-I only skipped mcclung's part. can't stand his weird leg steeze and every trick turning into some contorted crook variation. to quote an old YWSism "he skates like a potato"
-interesting song choice for the second montage to use the BOC 'fully flared mini ramp HD bonus' song, (in 06 that was one of the first glimpses into HD fisheye skate footage and well, here we are now.)
-tre williams + gonz shirt = good times
some goood rewatch value, and honestly despite the excessive slowmo, it wasn't torture to sit through this 46 min vid which says a lot in 2019.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2019, 06:49:53 PM by snowman600 »

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • SkateMagArchive
« Reply #53 on: November 17, 2019, 09:39:46 AM »
-I only skipped mcclung's part. can't stand his weird leg steeze and every trick turning into some contorted crook variation. to quote an old YWSism "he skates like a potato"

his style is really weird, but his ender is one the best handrail tricks you'll ever see. done so proper

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
« Reply #54 on: November 17, 2019, 09:49:04 AM »
Franky's ender was just bonkers. Such a perfect trick for that spot.

Giovanni's last few tricks absolutely blew my mind.

What a bunch of maniacs.

thebacker

« Reply #55 on: November 17, 2019, 10:01:09 AM »
Damn this shit goes

Filming, tricks, editing, soundtrack...it’s all there

Bumpovertrash

« Reply #56 on: November 17, 2019, 10:46:44 AM »
Franky villani is fuckin great

billyerlife

« Reply #57 on: November 17, 2019, 10:54:58 AM »
Franky is great.

I'm used to not liking the "rap" songs in these kinds of videos, but Ribeiro's was actively distracting. Really, really terrible choice. 2nd to last trick should have been his last trick, that nosegrind was sagging at the end.

Giovanni Caballero is really fucking good. Had to watch it on mute, but it was worth it.

Montage was good. Wade. I feel like Spencer Hamilton has been around for 20 years or some reason. He probably should have filmed five more tricks and gotten his own part.

I wasn't aware the Mcclungs were still a thing. There's a lot of fakie backside tailslides to flip out in this video.

Never heard of this Marek fellow. A lot of people on this team seem to share a nearly identical aesthetic/bag of tricks, that's enough nollie inward heel noselsides for a while. I am sure I am the first to notice this. Don't know Jenn Soto either. I am an old man. Soon I will suspend my Thrasher subscription, stop watching new videos all together, and contentedly reside entirely in the decade of my greatest ability via its media.

Charlie Munro seems pretty cool. I like bricks. I think bricks are a big part of why Pj Ladd's part in his video was such a big deal. If he'd been doing all that shit on a perfectly paved playground would people have been as blown away? I don't know. Why am I reviewing a video as I watch it? No one is going to read it as they watch it. As life in general, there is no purpose to this.

Regarding Biago's noseslide pop up caballerial to nose manual thing; regardless of how many time I watch it, I am no closer to understanding it.

Tre Williams has a good push. Should have been more pushing.

I'm guessing there isn't going to be a Paul Rodriguez part. Is he aware of the phallic nature of his nickname P-Rod? Or is it only a reflection of my own mutilated psyche that such an association exists? Miles Silvas is really good. I like his little chain. I can't wear necklaces myself, it feels like I'm being strangled. I don't even wear the lanyard at work like I'm supposed to. It's been five years though, I don't think anyone cares. About anything. Jesus, dude just switch backside lipslid the Hollywood rail and switch back heeled the Wallenburg. Why did they put a trick in between those two things?

Tiago's part. I watched it already. It was really good. Toe dragging all over that last switch crooks though, not on brand Tiago. Seems like Miles should have had last part.

So, that's all the thoughts I had watching this. Tune in next week when I live blog my reactions to a drop of water running down the window of the bus I am taking to nowhere.

Ok.

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -598
  • who knows
« Reply #58 on: November 17, 2019, 11:00:37 AM »
overall it's pretty close perfect.  the music levels/filming/editing are all on point, tho slap will def hate parts of it.  Primitive might be labeled "tech" but they are skating some of the biggest shit out there too.  for being able to do technical wizardry, it's refreshing to see the restraint they have.  they arent double flipping and late flipping all over the place.  the ledge dancing and manual stuff is tasteful.

i wish i could get more into trent, he is amazing, but for me that was the only part i wasnt flipping out over, despite his insane ability.

maybe just me but i think Carlos could have gotten last part.  his part will take a while to process..burly as it is technical.  Frankie, Carlos, and Miles are major highlights, no disrespect to other skating, it's all top tier. 
where is home?

whatsreallygood

• Rep: 10
  • what it do dirty
« Reply #59 on: November 17, 2019, 11:24:03 AM »
Loving it so far. I know people didn't fw Carlos having the Meek Mill song for his part but I fucking loved it, high energy shit. YOU GOTTA EAT THE DREAM. Plus the drums weren't mixed super high in the song unlike most trap stuff so you don't just hear high hats and lex luger snares all the time over the sounds of skating. Honestly if they could just make more of their board graphics not "mall-kid-core" with the various collabs I'd be way more down. I love tech shit so I'm biased but this is a great video so far.

Edit: seeing wade, spen and crew get down to fucking Big Boi and Gucci was the best shit. I'M ON MY GRIND SHAWTY. Miles killed it too, not a huge trav scott fan but it worked and it seems like the music fits the guys tastes/styles.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2019, 11:48:42 AM by whatsreallygood »