Author Topic: Suciu Thrasher quotes - inside the mind of an insufferable knob (and I’m a fan!)  (Read 20790 times)

Nicki

The best thing that could happen to Mark (and for his fans) is for him not to get SOTY, otherwise he may totally disappear up his own arse. I love Mark, but I can’t wait for him to move on from his deluded verbose narcissist phase.

(All quotes are from Marky’s Thrasher interview)

“It didn’t seem there were any other forms of excitement other than what I had experienced at the time. I’d seen other people’s careers and I’ve seen them repeat themselves. I wanted more intrigue”.

“People repeat themselves and, to me, that is imperfect. It’s a lesser form of what they’ve already done”.

“To theorize a creative production that is not completely objective, including taking account you as a person and your body as an object, it’s a complex thing. Your body moving in space while carrying out the things your mind tells it to do is much more difficult to understand than writing your idea of art into a long tapestry...”

“I’ve reached another realm and I’m a different type of skater than I’d ever imagined”.

“I want to film a whole part that showcases my full repertoire, even the things no one knows I can do”. [Manuals? Vert? Transition?]

“Back to that question: have I reached a different kind of career than the one I imagined myself to possibly have, one that would be really boring? I think I have”.

“If I was made of chocolate, I’d eat myself”* [*subtext]

“Is a magnum opus only once in your career?”

“Now with the career I’m working with, it’s me versus me versus skating. It’s more complex and I have made it to a different kind of experience in a skate career. It was always there but I never noticed it”.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2019, 11:22:19 PM by Nicki »

Windsor Knot

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -114
Wow. Unbelievable. What a pretentious fool. Its just skating.

Rick_Kane

How can you expect anyone to read that

Nicki

Exactly.

rejectpaul

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -48
  • No sense makes sense.
I wonder what his next part will entail!?
Ty Evans doesn't do what Ty Evans does for Ty Evans. Ty Evans does what Ty Evans does because Ty Evans is... Ty Evans

Todd Falcon > Tony Hawk

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
This reminds me s bit about another skate nerd, &&.

There is an NKA vid I think where they are inside Andy’s ambulance and he is making a graph of his conception of how skateboarding can be broken down into skill-based groups and then in Venn diagram fashion shows the overlapping areas between groups and points out kind of under-explored areas.

It’s very nerdy and thoughtful, but not pretentious at all.
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 477
it is good to have mark with his views and
his expressions as an antipode to the old
and far too common hellride 420 get buck
shake junt stonerrock tattoo gg allin send
it energy drinks gangsterz type of skaters.
it should not be frowned upon to pick up a
book from time to time and for kids to see
that, that a guy that is as proficient and as
fine in skating also reads, writes and goes
to universities, can only be better for all of
us and skateboarding as a whole. Hellride!

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1137
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
who sucks their own dick more. Mark or blondey

GeorgeCostanza

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -16
So Colllin have the same t-shirts, seven years by now, at least...

GeorgeCostanza

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -16
So Colllin have the same t-shirts, seven years by now, at least...

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
He's on the same plane as skateboarding's MJ, who hasn't seen a topic he can't shut up about. Great skater, and suffers from smartest man in the room syndrome (although, Mark's comes across as more pretentious). Still two of the best to ever step on a board. One has a SOTY and the other one deserves one (he did in 2012 too). Unless someone is committing violent or horrific crimes off the board, or is outright using their platform to promote outdated beliefs (Jason Jesse) I really couldn't give a shit about their personalities. Suciu comes across as pretentious dweeb, Brad Cromer believes infowar crap, Koston has the temperament of a 10-year-old on social media, I don't care all put out amazing footage.

KRKD1

Mark will and already has. He scans texts like that Johnny5 fella.

https://youtu.be/Pj-qBUWOYfE

Nicki

book from time to time and for kids to see

far too common hellride 420 get buck
it energy drinks gangsterz type of skaters

I was going to ask who the fuck are these hellride stonerrock energy drink gangsterz - but i can see that’s already been answered!!

hateboard

• Rep: -277
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
Dont taint && with this wannabe intellectual. Andy Anderson does not claim to be intellectual about anything other than skateboarding. Im university educated and I respect smart people, but I learnt early on that 'intellectuals' are wannabe dipshits who learn something and suddenly feel superior to the rest of the human race, and they usually don't get the high marks or have successful careers. Im not saying Suciu is braindead, but he obviously thinks hes upper eschalant and thats short sighted. Anyone who is as good a skater as he is cant compete with some bookworm who practiced nerd hammers their whole life.

Nicki

who sucks their own dick more. Mark or blondey

Surprisingly, it’s probably Mark. At least 21 yr old Blondey shows some self awareness and depreciation, while Mark, 27, never-had-a-job, seems completely oblivious to his privilege what goes on outside his ivory tower.

I mean sure, his dad earned buckets, sent Mark to a fancy school and....”taught me a little bit and I took it from there. I studied it in school and traveled to France a lot when I was younger. He was the first one to take me to France on a family vacation but I kept it up and stayed there for a semester. My French outpaced his a long time ago”.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 01:47:55 AM by Nicki »

Nicki

book from time to time
and for kids to see

Unfortunately, it’s not that easy...”All the books on his library shelves, no one has really unearthed what really lies behind their pages. He maybe knows the story but never came to it from an authentic place, seeing them for what they are”.

os89

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1177
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
The best thing that could happen to Mark (and for his fans) is for him not to get SOTY, otherwise he may totally disappear up his own arse. I love Mark, but I can’t wait for him to move on from his deluded verbose narcissist phase.

(All quotes are from Marky’s Thrasher interview)

“It didn’t seem there were any other forms of excitement other than what I had experienced at the time. I’d seen other people’s careers and I’ve seen them repeat themselves. I wanted more intrigue”.

“People repeat themselves and, to me, that is imperfect. It’s a lesser form of what they’ve already done”.

“To theorize a creative production that is not completely objective, including taking account you as a person and your body as an object, it’s a complex thing. Your body moving in space while carrying out the things your mind tells it to do is much more difficult to understand than writing your idea of art into a long tapestry...”

“I’ve reached another realm and I’m a different type of skater than I’d ever imagined”.

“I want to film a whole part that showcases my full repertoire, even the things no one knows I can do”. [Manuals? Vert? Transition?]

“Back to that question: have I reached a different kind of career than the one I imagined myself to possibly have, one that would be really boring? I think I have”.

“If I was made of chocolate, I’d eat myself”* [*subtext]

“Is a magnum opus only once in your career?”

“Now with the career I’m working with, it’s me versus me versus skating. It’s more complex and I have made it to a different kind of experience in a skate career. It was always there but I never noticed it”.

ziggy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -222
Suciu is an incel confirmed

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 499

Hmm. It took me two minutes. I however, am an intellectual.
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
I love Mark and his skating but sure he seems a little "odd" to say it in a nice way.
The “I’ve reached another realm and I’m a different type of skater than I’d ever imagined” Is really a gem, sadly I'm not saying this in a good way.
I totally agree with the pal sho said that hopefully he won't get soty. Probably it would be a downfall Daveed style.
With all of this being said I really want Milton to get it for at least 10 reasons.
Still a big Suciu fan but I feel that he should just let his skating do the talking and keep his intellectual mouth shut.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1891
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.

There is an NKA vid I think where they are inside Andy’s ambulance and he is making a graph of his conception of how skateboarding can be broken down into skill-based groups and then in Venn diagram fashion shows the overlapping areas between groups and points out kind of under-explored areas.

Link for the lazy?
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 462
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Exactly.
[close]

I still don't understand why anyone cares about SOTY. It's even more meaningless than the oscars, Grammys, etc.
well yeah obviously as a lot more people watch films and listen to music than ride skateboards
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
I love Mark and his skating but sure he seems a little "odd" to say it in a nice way.
The “I’ve reached another realm and I’m a different type of skater than I’d ever imagined” Is really a gem, sadly I'm not saying this in a good way.
I totally agree with the pal sho said that hopefully he won't get soty. Probably it would be a downfall Daveed style.
With all of this being said I really want Milton to get it for at least 10 reasons.
Still a big Suciu fan but I feel that he should just let his skating do the talking and keep his intellectual mouth shut.

This is my new favorite nickname in skateboarding, Downfall Daveed. Thanks.

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
Expand Quote

[close]

Link for the lazy?

Each NKA vid is about an hour or more long, I’m to lazy to look through each one right now too

Edit:

Ok, I looked.

This vid, at 39:40

https://youtu.be/kjSfAYqLNGg
« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 05:16:53 AM by cucktard »
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
dont encourage him

Yonnycage

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
Well.....it’s better than reading Jason Jessee/Bam/Grosso/Borra/Koston quotes....

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -195
Well.....it’s better than reading Jason Jessee/Bam/Grosso/Borra/Koston quotes....

At least those are entertaining and generally stupid. Suciu's pretentious attitude makes his face quite punchable.
FUCK YOU
not stoked on orcas today. leave the whales alone. big ass black and white motherfuckers. free willy can suck my dick

Mouth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -297
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Sheesh...

Rodney is the only skater who gets to talk like that. And even he doesn't talk like that.
'No Mouth, you have a negative rep because you are a fan of growing your wealth off of the backs of low paid workers and brag about having bodyguards. You literally kook people for doing charity in South East Asia. Don't deny it.'

Yonnycage

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
Expand Quote
[close]

At least those are entertaining and generally stupid. Suciu's pretentious attitude makes his face quite punchable.

True. I never liked fart smellers

Cuban_Lynx

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1421
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
“I’ve reached another realm and I’m a different type of skater than I’d ever imagined”. Mark Suciu ~Todd Falcon