Author Topic: Suciu Thrasher quotes - inside the mind of an insufferable knob (and I’m a fan!)  (Read 20860 times)

Nicki

Expand Quote
it is good to have mark with his views and
his expressions as an antipode to the old
and far too common hellride 420 get buck
shake junt stonerrock tattoo gg allin send
it energy drinks gangsterz type of skaters.
it should not be frowned upon to pick up a
book from time to time and for kids to see
that, that a guy that is as proficient and as
fine in skating also reads, writes and goes
to universities, can only be better for all of
us and skateboarding as a whole. Hellride!
[close]

I agree with this post^^
- its in the same vein as the whole "soup/stew" metaphor a more recent post mentions..

I think Mark is a skateboard "pro" reluctantly at best... he skates for mega-corporation adiddas; which no doubt wants to pimp him out in some way comparable to the way NIKE pimps out Nyjah (who seems more than willing); yet Suciu (imo) seems to resist, or is weary of, the sk8-rockstar status temptation.

maybe i'm wrong.

What I like about him is he seems to be a skateboard purist, and cares/is thoughtful about skateboard aesthetics.

Kind of silly to judge a mans motives and character by something a magazine wrote up he said.
curious if anyone has kicked it with him in person and if he still comes off as pretentious in that context.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 11:55:14 PM by Nicki »

Sk.A.T.A.N

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
Suciu when he sees all those inferior specimens at the skatepark trying their non avantgarde tricks.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Trash_Eater

• Rep: 0
  • It's ok to eat your own cum
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

I agree with this post^^
- its in the same vein as the whole "soup/stew" metaphor a more recent post mentions..

I think Mark is a skateboard "pro" reluctantly at best... he skates for mega-corporation adiddas; which no doubt wants to pimp him out in some way comparable to the way NIKE pimps out Nyjah (who seems more than willing); yet Suciu (imo) seems to resist, or is weary of, the sk8-rockstar status temptation.

maybe i'm wrong.

What I like about him is he seems to be a skateboard purist, and cares/is thoughtful about skateboard aesthetics.

Kind of silly to judge a mans motives and character by something a magazine wrote up he said.
curious if anyone has kicked it with him in person and if he still comes off as pretentious in that context.
[close]

*whispering silently*~"thank you"

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
Expand Quote
alex olson is also pretty far up his own ass and he's always been enjoyable to watch skate.

i hope mark keeps doing his thing.

the quotes are obnoxious but not quite as annoying as gonz.
[close]

So happy to finally hear that. The way Gonz plays up his pseudowhimsical persona has been insufferable for years. I'm sick of his faux spontaneity and the front he puts on like he's not some low key business man that's seriously cashed out by making vonnegut knock off sketches while he pretends he's 30 years younger and lead paint regular.

Suciu is just the standard "up his own ass" liberal arts grad student that tries to talk over peoples heads in a subtle way to feign intelligence and justify his own uselessness. He'll grow out of it or dull out when he realizes that trying so hard to seem smart is exhausting and transparent, and useless.
  Mark G IS an artist who most certainly has made world wide impact with the shit in his brain.  -Theres no denying that.-    handrails?,noseblunts?, street skating?  Ever hear of those things?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 02:30:18 AM by givecigstosurfgroms »
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

JB77

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
alex olson is also pretty far up his own ass and he's always been enjoyable to watch skate.

[close]

So happy to finally hear that. The way Gonz plays up his pseudowhimsical persona has been insufferable for years. I'm sick of his faux spontaneity and the front he puts on like he's not some low key business man that's seriously cashed out by making vonnegut knock off sketches while he pretends he's 30 years younger and lead paint regular.

Suciu is just the standard "up his own ass" liberal arts grad student that tries to talk over peoples heads in a subtle way to feign intelligence and justify his own uselessness. He'll grow out of it or dull out when he realizes that trying so hard to seem smart is exhausting and transparent, and useless.
[close]
  Mark G IS an artist who most certainly has made world wide impact with the shit in his brain.  -Theres no denying that.-    handrails?,noseblunts?, street skating?  Ever hear of those things?

Gonz has been the same guy for the last 35 years.  It's not an act.  There are a lot of reasons Gonz is so revered in the skateboard community by the folks who really know skateboarding and its history.  He was a true street skating pioneer.  I don't understand how some people don't get that.

Nicki

Expand Quote
[close]

I agree with this post^^

maybe i'm wrong.

Kind of silly to judge a mans motives and character by something a magazine wrote up.

Here’s your answer...

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 609
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
This Jenkem clip makes him appear normal
Am i missing something ?

another thing about the topic at hand:
an interview is about yourself, so yeah you speak about yourself
most skater interviews are lacking mostly because they are young and sometimes because they don't have much experience to share or they don't care about putting real thought into their answers. And sometimes it's just because they're dumb.
Now see Transcontinental, Verso and Suciu's profile. He definitely puts thought into what he does (somebody said purist, some might say nerd) and he's down to elaborate. You can dislike that but it doesn't really make him a fart sniffer.
Some quotes in OP are a bit over the top but most of them are more than ok

well i actually missed somethingmustbreaknow post on Page1
« Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 06:27:46 AM by BALARGUE »

alright

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Yeah, I've heard of them....

Don't see how that has anything to do with what I said. He's done a ton of shit for skateboarding. All while being a douche in my opinion. Don't see how what I said in anyway conflicts with that stuff. I didn't say he was useless and I didn't say he's done nothing for skateboarding. I attacked his personality, not his achievements.

ClownOfTheDay

• Rep: -17
  • I miss Assflea
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

Don't see how that has anything to do with what I said. He's done a ton of shit for skateboarding. All while being a douche in my opinion. Don't see how what I said in anyway conflicts with that stuff. I didn't say he was useless and I didn't say he's done nothing for skateboarding. I attacked his personality, not his achievements.
So by being himself he's a douche? He's been like that since the 80's most of these old dudes haven't changed. I'm sure Gonz has a business side but he can also be silly, there's a time and a place for everything. I take a lot of inspiration from his personality, He is optimistic and creative, which is something you probably lack.

alright

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
So by being himself he's a douche? He's been like that since the 80's most of these old dudes haven't changed. I'm sure Gonz has a business side but he can also be silly, there's a time and a place for everything. I take a lot of inspiration from his personality, He is optimistic and creative, which is something you probably lack.

Yeah by being himself he's a douche? What, does someone have to be not themselves to be a douche in your eyes? What kind of shit logic is that? Just cause "he's been like that since the 80's" doesn't mean I don't think he's a douche. Sorry you're too far up his ass to apply logic in a conversation but that doesn't mean I have to think he's cool.

And no, I'm not "optimistic or creative" like you think the gonz is. I'm sorry to say. It really keeps me up at night. I'm also sorry you put so much stock into someone like Gonz and think that he's so creative because he does vonnegut sketch knock offs and misspells shit on purpose on his boards all while acting like a child exposed to too much lead.

This is a forum on the internet that's wholly based on shit talking and shit posts. I'd really recommend you not get so emotional about what people say on here. Telling me, in sincerity, that I probably "lack of optimism and creativity" when I say that Gonz is lead paint regular says a lot about how you feel about menial, senseless shit.

conqueso

psciucu > gonz

Spacetravelisboring

• Rep: -423
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

Gonz has been the same guy for the last 35 years.  It's not an act.  There are a lot of reasons Gonz is so revered in the skateboard community by the folks who really know skateboarding and its history.  He was a true street skating pioneer.  I don't understand how some people don't get that.

No we get it but he's  still annoying.

one-off

• Rep: 107
What's the word for that thing Callum Paul does when he pisses into his own mouth? That word applies to this interview

alright

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

Yeah I don't get why this seems to be so hard for people to wrap their heads around...

His personality is lame. He's done a lot for skateboarding. He's lead paint regular. One thing doesn't negate the other. People act like you're denying that he's done anything for skateboarding at all when you say you think his drawings are played out.

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 359
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
User alright discovered the phrase “lead paint regular” this week, confirmed.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

alright

User alright discovered the phrase “lead paint regular” this week, confirmed.

Nah, I've had it for a while but I'm really trying to hammer it in and make it noticed. As you can see by my gratuitous use of it, I'm really trying to get it to catch on.

Deputy Wendell

this thread is a trip--some serious catharsis going on here...which is good, y'all shouldn't keep these kinds of things pent up for so long next time...

alright

this thread is a trip--some serious catharsis going on here...which is good, y'all shouldn't keep these kinds of things pent up for so long next time...

It's because of all the lead paint....

whatsreallygood

• Rep: 10
  • what it do dirty
I get the impression that Suciu was the dude at uni getting BA who talked about how to be "elevated" but struggled with calc 1 lmao. Amazing skater though

mclovin1336

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
What's the word for that thing Callum Paul does when he pisses into his own mouth? That word applies to this interview
bubbling, always there to help when important intel is needed

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 614
  • Did someone say sassy?
You'd be insufferable too if your last name sounded like a sneeze.

one-off

• Rep: 107
Expand Quote
[close]
bubbling, always there to help when important intel is needed

Thank you!
What do you call it when you then pass the piss to Kyle Beachey?

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 226
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

Yeah I don't get why this seems to be so hard for people to wrap their heads around...

His personality is lame. He's done a lot for skateboarding. He's lead paint regular. One thing doesn't negate the other. People act like you're denying that he's done anything for skateboarding at all when you say you think his drawings are played out.

I guess when I hear people say they dislike the Gonz it just sounds ungrateful
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

Lowcalcium

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
Mark eats Bananas for his energy levels and Reynolds eats fruit to stay healthy, though the intellectual levels between these two are vastly different

Maybe Forrest Edwards is the true Rain Man

alright

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

You can appreciate someone's achievements and/or the progress they've made in a field without liking their personality.

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 226
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

You can appreciate someone's achievements and/or the progress they've made in a field without liking their personality.

You sound ungrateful
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

ClownOfTheDay

• I miss Assflea
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

Yeah by being himself he's a douche? What, does someone have to be not themselves to be a douche in your eyes? What kind of shit logic is that? Just cause "he's been like that since the 80's" doesn't mean I don't think he's a douche. Sorry you're too far up his ass to apply logic in a conversation but that doesn't mean I have to think he's cool.

And no, I'm not "optimistic or creative" like you think the gonz is. I'm sorry to say. It really keeps me up at night. I'm also sorry you put so much stock into someone like Gonz and think that he's so creative because he does vonnegut sketch knock offs and misspells shit on purpose on his boards all while acting like a child exposed to too much lead.

This is a forum on the internet that's wholly based on shit talking and shit posts. I'd really recommend you not get so emotional about what people say on here. Telling me, in sincerity, that I probably "lack of optimism and creativity" when I say that Gonz is lead paint regular says a lot about how you feel about menial, senseless shit.
Look who got their feathers all fluffed

ClownOfTheDay

• I miss Assflea
 Gonz fucked alrights chick confirmed

Mr. Stinky

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
Mark eats Bananas for his energy levels and Reynolds eats fruit to stay healthy, though the intellectual levels between these two are vastly different

Maybe Forrest Edwards is the true Rain Man

True, the Boss is way smarter than Mark.

alright

Gonz fucked alrights chick confirmed

Fucked her then made her regular...

With lead paint.