Author Topic: Suciu Thrasher quotes - inside the mind of an insufferable knob (and I’m a fan!)  (Read 20786 times)

givecigstosurfgroms

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
I support Gonz to the end but the only 1st hand account story i heard about him, he was a cock.  This guy was in a van with him driving around skate related, in the bc interior in the mid 90s.  Greg asked him if he snowboarded and Gonz lost it on him.  Anyway, that "incoming text" video he did is the shit.  Id hang with someone that funny. 
  You guys who didnt skate in the 80s -you dont know what kind of legend/superstar gonz was back then.  If you look at old interviews he acts the same, but when you look young it comes off different.   
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
  • Did someone say sassy?
If you look at old interviews he acts the same, but when you look young it comes off different.   

This is actually a great point.

Pappy Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
alex olson is also pretty far up his own ass and he's always been enjoyable to watch skate.

i hope mark keeps doing his thing.

the quotes are obnoxious but not quite as annoying as gonz.
[close]

So happy to finally hear that. The way Gonz plays up his pseudowhimsical persona has been insufferable for years. I'm sick of his faux spontaneity and the front he puts on like he's not some low key business man that's seriously cashed out by making vonnegut knock off sketches while he pretends he's 30 years younger and lead paint regular.

Suciu is just the standard "up his own ass" liberal arts grad student that tries to talk over peoples heads in a subtle way to feign intelligence and justify his own uselessness. He'll grow out of it or dull out when he realizes that trying so hard to seem smart is exhausting and transparent, and useless.
[close]
  Mark G IS an artist who most certainly has made world wide impact with the shit in his brain.  -Theres no denying that.-    handrails?,noseblunts?, street skating?  Ever hear of those things?
[close]

Yeah, I've heard of them....

Don't see how that has anything to do with what I said. He's done a ton of shit for skateboarding. All while being a douche in my opinion. Don't see how what I said in anyway conflicts with that stuff. I didn't say he was useless and I didn't say he's done nothing for skateboarding. I attacked his personality, not his achievements.
[close]
So by being himself he's a douche? He's been like that since the 80's most of these old dudes haven't changed. I'm sure Gonz has a business side but he can also be silly, there's a time and a place for everything. I take a lot of inspiration from his personality, He is optimistic and creative, which is something you probably lack.
[close]

Yeah by being himself he's a douche? What, does someone have to be not themselves to be a douche in your eyes? What kind of shit logic is that? Just cause "he's been like that since the 80's" doesn't mean I don't think he's a douche. Sorry you're too far up his ass to apply logic in a conversation but that doesn't mean I have to think he's cool.

And no, I'm not "optimistic or creative" like you think the gonz is. I'm sorry to say. It really keeps me up at night. I'm also sorry you put so much stock into someone like Gonz and think that he's so creative because he does vonnegut sketch knock offs and misspells shit on purpose on his boards all while acting like a child exposed to too much lead.

This is a forum on the internet that's wholly based on shit talking and shit posts. I'd really recommend you not get so emotional about what people say on here. Telling me, in sincerity, that I probably "lack of optimism and creativity" when I say that Gonz is lead paint regular says a lot about how you feel about menial, senseless shit.
Jesus, take a look in the mirror man. We get it, you hold an unpopular opinion.

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Didn‘t read, LOL.

rusty knees

• Rep: -10
  • I had a photo in SLAP
shout out to everyone in the thread, giving mark something else to read.

Meekin

• Rep: 5
Who has a summary of this thread?
There was an interview with TK, when he was a plumber. He got asked if he gets recognized on the job and his response was "No. Plumbin in disguise." Everyone on SLAP thought he said "put him in the sky"

Eds_gallerist

Even if he comes across pretentious he brings something new to the game which deserves respect. People will always react negatively to things they cant grasp. Not that I could, but hey, leave the man be.

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 499
Who has a summary of this thread?

Mark skates very well but is a pseud.
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

snowman600

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
here's mark's Goodreads page, for the culture
https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/57272458-mark-suciu

homegrown83

• Rep: -83
Mark is smart?

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
not sure if it’s been said but, totally fucking dumb of him to even make a comment about heath. skateboarding is always getting pushed and people are always going to get one upped later at some point, some spots remain untouched and some tricks refrain for being one upped for years but, it’s usually inevitable that someone ends up doing something crazier at a spot. with him saying that, is it not possible for someone to do a nollie heel suiciu grind big spin? it could happen. with that said, his ender was technically a 5050 on a flat ledge so he’s been one upped a million times before he was ever even born. it’s just completely ignorant to even make the heath reference whatsoever. there’s few enders out there that will probably never be one upped (dane burmans 5050 in philly) but, skateboarding is always evolving and there are always going to be people that push the envelope. dude really just needs to get over himself.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

Jimmy The Saint

• Rep: 11
It's much better than most of the interviews out there. Reading an interview with a pro who barely has an 8th grade education, has never held a job, and smokes weed all day is fucking painful.
"Give it a name."

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
  • Did someone say sassy?
Forgive me if this sounds noobish: Is the point of Goodreads just to boast about reading?

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3290
  • Those that SLAP, can't.

Aw man I found "House of Leaves" on there. That's not a good thing. I read that book and it was trash. And I'm totally embarrassed to admit that to you guys, but it is held in such high regard I forced myself to read it and then wanted to kill myself for having read it.

KRKD1

My Mark Suciu reads more than your honor student.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Who was it who said “Alexis Sablone is what Mark Suciu aspires to be?” Totally true.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3290
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
My Mark Suciu reads more than your honor student's favorite honor student.

fleetwoodcrac

• Rep: -3
https://twitter.com/poptartpete_/status/1197660960179273729?s=21

Jamal Smith tweeted this earlier

Fuck this pretentious douche. imagine wasting your SOTY vote for an art student dork over Tiago. Couldn’t be me

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 296
    • My Photos avatar image
Didn’t someone on here say they either were in the same class as him or knew someone that was and he ended up being a “C” student?

This should be added to the slap rumours thread. Mark's intellectualism is actually just a cover for how dumb he is

does the artist or the critic decide ones magnum opus?

I heard magnum opus is what he fits
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

Manny Fapuiao

• Rep: 110
Expand Quote
[close]

Aw man I found "House of Leaves" on there. That's not a good thing. I read that book and it was trash. And I'm totally embarrassed to admit that to you guys, but it is held in such high regard I forced myself to read it and then wanted to kill myself for having read it.
but that's the whole point of the book
I've had a better understanding of what is happening around me while smoking Salvia as a passenger in a moving vehicle than reading your post

Gino's Back 180 Nosegrind

• Rep: 34
"Just to be clear, I'm not a professional 'skateboarder'. I'm just a 27 undergrad degree holder who greatly values his intelligence and scientific fact over any silly Skater Of The Year award given 29 years ago. This being said, I am open to any and all criticism.

'In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of Phelp's blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence"

- Mark Suciu outside of Labor skate shop, circa 2019

figureitout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
does the artist or the critic decide ones magnum opus?

the critic unless extreme narcissism is involved.

ColinYourAssOut

• Rep: 13
"Just to be clear, I'm not a professional 'skateboarder'. I'm just a 27 undergrad degree holder who greatly values his intelligence and scientific fact over any silly Skater Of The Year award given 29 years ago. This being said, I am open to any and all criticism.

'In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of Phelp's blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence"

I wonder if he and James get into intellectual debates while stepping over vagrants walking to get coffee together in NYC.
You can't beat cheeks with weak meat.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 838
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.

What are the odds that Mark has taken his degree on date?
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

figureitout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
Anti-intellectualism sucks but Jesus christ this guy is such a turd. Being the "smart guy" in skateboarding is like being the most buff chess grandmaster. Dude needs to chill.

nailed it

ziggy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -222
I said some dumb things when Verso came out but the pendulum has swung too far now

Cthulhu!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 455
INTELLIGENCE AND SCIENTIFIC FACT

ColinYourAssOut

• Rep: 13
Expand Quote
Anti-intellectualism sucks but Jesus christ this guy is such a turd. Being the "smart guy" in skateboarding is like being the most buff chess grandmaster. Dude needs to chill.
[close]

nailed it

Agreed.  There have actually been a solid handful of intelligent, intellectual pros over the past few decades, but fortunately, most of them don't feel compelled to have to fucking talk about it every chance they get.

Something tells me that after this thread, SLAP may have to start a collection plate to fund Soosh's therapy sessions, any guy who says the sorts of things he does is typically fragile enough to fall apart once he realizes most people just want to see him skate and aren't finding him to be the world's most fascinating man just because of his education or the books he's read.

You can't beat cheeks with weak meat.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 838
  • like….? brunch
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

nailed it
[close]

Agreed.  There have actually been a solid handful of intelligent, intellectual pros over the past few decades, but fortunately, most of them don't feel compelled to have to fucking talk about it every chance they get.

Something tells me that after this thread, SLAP may have to start a collection plate to fund Soosh's therapy sessions, any guy who says the sorts of things he does is typically fragile enough to fall apart once he realizes most people just want to see him skate and aren't finding him to be the world's most fascinating man just because of his education or the books he's read.

he just updated his goodreads profile 6 hours ago to keep his fanbase up to date on what he's READING. its beyond me how this guy thinks he's interesting off a board. needs to put down the books and pick up lsd and give the mirror a long ass stare
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

chipped tail

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -42

Mark might be a twerpy fart sniffer, but Milton uses the phrase "Hellride" and is serious about it. I like them both.