Author Topic: Suciu Thrasher quotes - inside the mind of an insufferable knob (and I’m a fan!)  (Read 20849 times)

alright

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Anti-intellectualism sucks but Jesus christ this guy is such a turd. Being the "smart guy" in skateboarding is like being the most buff chess grandmaster. Dude needs to chill.
[close]

nailed it
[close]

Agreed.  There have actually been a solid handful of intelligent, intellectual pros over the past few decades, but fortunately, most of them don't feel compelled to have to fucking talk about it every chance they get.

Something tells me that after this thread, SLAP may have to start a collection plate to fund Soosh's therapy sessions, any guy who says the sorts of things he does is typically fragile enough to fall apart once he realizes most people just want to see him skate and aren't finding him to be the world's most fascinating man just because of his education or the books he's read.

[close]

he just updated his goodreads profile 6 hours ago to keep his fanbase up to date on what he's READING. its beyond me how this guy thinks he's interesting off a board. needs to put down the books and pick up lsd and give the mirror a long ass stare

I'm worried that will just turn him into a Ritchie Jacksonesque type of twat.

I can't handle another "psychedelic warrior" like Ritchie and these two are for sure the same type of douche canoe.

« Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 10:12:56 PM by alright »

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 863
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Anti-intellectualism sucks but Jesus christ this guy is such a turd. Being the "smart guy" in skateboarding is like being the most buff chess grandmaster. Dude needs to chill.
[close]

nailed it
[close]

Agreed.  There have actually been a solid handful of intelligent, intellectual pros over the past few decades, but fortunately, most of them don't feel compelled to have to fucking talk about it every chance they get.

Something tells me that after this thread, SLAP may have to start a collection plate to fund Soosh's therapy sessions, any guy who says the sorts of things he does is typically fragile enough to fall apart once he realizes most people just want to see him skate and aren't finding him to be the world's most fascinating man just because of his education or the books he's read.

[close]

he just updated his goodreads profile 6 hours ago to keep his fanbase up to date on what he's READING. its beyond me how this guy thinks he's interesting off a board. needs to put down the books and pick up lsd and give the mirror a long ass stare
[close]

I can't handle another "psychedelic warrior" like Ritchie;

suciu is fucking shameless tho if he is aware of how he acts. im pretty sure he is getting a good laugh out of seeing how low the bar is to be considered "genius." this mf makes Hemingway comparisons to skateboarding and thinks its groundbreaking. yes Ernest Hemingway. yes the guy we all were required to read in high school. its insulting to think skaters as a whole never heard of him and even more insulting to think your a step above everyone for knowing an author as popular as dr. fucking seuss.

im not a violent person but if i see this "holier than thou" dickhead in manhattan, its on sight. lets see how your lit undergrad degree defends you in the real world you kook.

suciu talks like how i used to write on a last minute high school english papers with B expectations and people love it. the worst part about it is that people cant see through the thin facade.

HES A FRAUD AND THINKS YOU'RE regular
please dont prove him right in his own head by giving him SOTY.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 10:45:24 PM by off »
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

BALARGUE

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 606
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
so many people on lead paint confirmed

Lead poisoning symptoms in children

Signs and symptoms of lead poisoning in children include:

Developmental delay
    Learning difficulties
    Irritability about Mark Suciu

Complements4U

• Rep: 397
Monoclorotriflouro-ethylene is actually totally not harmful if inhaled so I dunno what the deal is with these refrigerant manufacturers

Complements4U

• Rep: 397
Janet from Copeland chemical manufacturing just confirmed my theory that they are trying to restrict semi hermetic reciprocating compressors loaded with R134a from getting into the hands of passionate psychonauts. I plan to launch a full covert operation against the brand.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

nailed it
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

suciu is fucking shameless tho if he is aware of how he acts. im pretty sure he is getting a good laugh out of seeing how low the bar is to be considered "genius." this mf makes Hemingway comparisons to skateboarding and thinks its groundbreaking. yes Ernest Hemingway. yes the guy we all were required to read in high school. its insulting to think skaters as a whole never heard of him and even more insulting to think your a step above everyone for knowing an author as popular as dr. fucking seuss.

im not a violent person but if i see this "holier than thou" dickhead in manhattan, its on sight. lets see how your lit undergrad degree defends you in the real world you kook.

suciu talks like how i used to write on a last minute high school english papers with B expectations and people love it. the worst part about it is that people cant see through the thin facade.

Did he say most skaters never heard of Earnest hemmingway?   -i think youve takin it too far here-
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

rukes

• Rep: 216
  • Yabba dabba doo
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

nailed it
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
  Did he say most skaters never heard of Earnest hemmingway?   -i think youve takin it too far here-

Yeah come on, everyone has seen Ernest Goes to Jail.
Is it true?  Or did you read it on the slap message board?

FLstrange

• Rep: 324

dude ernie is sick, what companies was he on again?

os89

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1177
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.

Ocelot

great to see this after so many shot their load all over verso

all the try hards talking about how skating is anti-intellectual and how mark made a revolutionary artistic statement with his haiku lines

he's a decent skater that tried something but it didn't really work

next time he should be careful not to butcher more Air songs

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 606
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
quotes, new accounts, whole paragraphs about a guy they couldn't care less, hating on bananas
the only tryhards here are the ones on the anti suciu bandwagon

doctorkickflip

• Rep: 44
here's mark's Goodreads page, for the culture
https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/57272458-mark-suciu

Man he should really get to reading Red Mars. KSR kicks ass.

Ocelot

quotes, new accounts, whole paragraphs about a guy they couldn't care less, hating on bananas
the only tryhards here are the ones on the anti suciu bandwagon

i see

might you add "skaters are dumb" to that point as well?

ColinYourAssOut

• Rep: 13
Not NEARLY as good as his earlier works.  Ernest Scared Stupid is definitely superior.
You can't beat cheeks with weak meat.

FLstrange

• Rep: 324
Expand Quote
[close]
Not NEARLY as good as his earlier works.  Ernest Scared Stupid is definitely superior.

is a magnum opus only once in your career?

alright

Expand Quote
here's mark's Goodreads page, for the culture
https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/57272458-mark-suciu
[close]

Man he should really get to reading Red Mars. KSR kicks ass.

One of his favorites on there is the collected fiction of Borges. Total masterpiece of a book and a genius writer. Hard to pass judgement on that one but I really dislike how he doesn't rate/review the books on there. It's like most of the point of goodreads and a good way to get insight on what the reader is actually about.

Kind of lame he just puts books he reads on there without commenting on them. IMO, it's a way to guard his intellect. Keeps him from saying the wrong thing while allowing a humblebrag type of scenario.

"look at all these books I've read, but lets not actually talk about them." is a great way to seem smart.

sus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

nailed it
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

Suciu reads novels and SLAP hates loves him?

dannyprovolone

Perhaps he has some form of autism. Why would you say this stuff in print?

I also imagine mostly all this guy does is skate. Why downplay something you are clearly extremely passionate about?

also....why was verso not presented by adidas?

keepthefunkalive

• Rep: 129
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

I don't believe there will ever be a line more profound, more concise, more enlightened, then "how about a bumper sandwich booger lips?"  Earnest goes hard, and if you don't like it, it's because you just don't get his genius.

whaaaaat

• Rep: 46
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

I don't believe there will ever be a line more profound, more concise, more enlightened, then "how about a bumper sandwich booger lips?"  Earnest goes hard, and if you don't like it, it's because you just don't get his genius.
+1  I can't imagine how many times I used that line growing up.  The type of wordsmithing Mr Suciu could only dream of.

somedudefromnj

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75

I also imagine mostly all this guy does is skate. Why downplay something you are clearly extremely passionate about?

kinda got the vibe the interviewer was thinking the same thing

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

Ocelot

lol, no

dude is just a prick, go to the guggenheim in nyc and you'll see a bunch of sucius running around

ColinYourAssOut

• Rep: 13
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

See, the problem is that I'm torn as to which was truly his best work.  I'll always have a special place in my heart for Ernest Goes to Camp, especially his sad musical number of "I Sure am Glad it's Raining", and the turtle drop on the developers is priceless.

The contrast between Ernest's genuine kind heartedness and Lyle Alzado's brutish thuggery always keeps me coming back to watch it again.
You can't beat cheeks with weak meat.

keepthefunkalive

• Rep: 129
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

See, the problem is that I'm torn as to which was truly his best work.  I'll always have a special place in my heart for Ernest Goes to Camp, especially his sad musical number of "I Sure am Glad it's Raining", and the turtle drop on the developers is priceless.

The contrast between Ernest's genuine kind heartedness and Lyle Alzado's brutish thuggery always keeps me coming back to watch it again.

Definitely a next-to-impossible task of choosing a best piece of cinema from the late great Earnest.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 104
it is good to have mark with his views and
his expressions as an antipode to the old
and far too common hellride 420 get buck
shake junt stonerrock tattoo gg allin send
it energy drinks gangsterz type of skaters.
it should not be frowned upon to pick up a
book from time to time and for kids to see
that, that a guy that is as proficient and as
fine in skating also reads, writes and goes
to universities, can only be better for all of
us and skateboarding as a whole. Hellride!

You can read and be smart and not be a pretentious fuckwad

alright

Expand Quote
it is good to have mark with his views and
his expressions as an antipode to the old
and far too common hellride 420 get buck
shake junt stonerrock tattoo gg allin send
it energy drinks gangsterz type of skaters.
it should not be frowned upon to pick up a
book from time to time and for kids to see
that, that a guy that is as proficient and as
fine in skating also reads, writes and goes
to universities, can only be better for all of
us and skateboarding as a whole. Hellride!
[close]

You can read and be smart and not be a pretentious fuckwad

Exactly, Suciu's over here jerkin it to his 'read' number on goodreads.

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1061

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 497
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
He’s the Dustin Dollin of brainiacs

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
Expand Quote

[close]
Mark might be a twerpy fart sniffer, but Milton uses the phrase "Hellride" and is serious about it. I like them both.

Wait you don’t actually think that’s real do you? Milton didn’t say that, someone shopped Marks ikea wall quote.
“I’ll whoop your ass with my arm out of socket”

Rohn_mob_joore

• Rep: -24
I remember being a freshman in college a week after my first philosophy class