Author Topic: Suciu Thrasher quotes - inside the mind of an insufferable knob (and I’m a fan!)  (Read 20782 times)

doublesteveburger

aw man me brain fucking sucks

HyenaChaser

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
Monday, Monday, MONDAY

It’s the trifecta intullecta

MARK versus SUCIO versus... skate-boooooaaaardiiiing

Three way slam down at the Thunderdome

Kids seats are still just TEN DOLLARS
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 565
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
some of you might have a heavy inferiority complex

S.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 63
    • Fotos avatar image
Yes I agree with all of you. That interview was pretty bad.

I did really enjoy this interview, though:
https://soloskatemag.com/mark-suciu-interview

The interviewer does a much better job and somehow Suciu comes across as way less pretentious. I liked the part in the interview about spontaneity and connected to that about Mark's apparent obsession with control.

Still Tippin

• Rep: -33
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.

The interviewer does a much better job and somehow Suciu comes across as way less pretentious. I liked the part in the interview about spontaneity and connected to that about Mark's apparent obsession with control.

based on how calculated and carefully crafted some of the quotes seem to be, i have a feeling thrasher did this interview over email and solo did it the right way (irl)

Mr. Stinky

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
Expand Quote

[close]

based on how calculated and carefully crafted some of the quotes seem to be, i have a feeling thrasher did this interview over email and solo did it the right way (irl)

If that's the case, Suciu is half as smart and twice as boring than my already low expectations would have led me to believe; if you had time to write, read, edit, rewrite, etc. your interview responses and that's how you come off, you're probably some kind of boner who brags that he speaks better French than his dad. Powerful "grown man who competes with his daddy" energy all around with Mark, come to think of it.

pdknox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 6
mikey c and the boys would have robbed him at EMB back in the day

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
He never appealed to me and the more he speaks the less I like him. It’s cool he put thought into verso but it’s not as cool as he and his dick riders think it is. Gary Rogers is gonna be butt hurt when he reads this thread.

Skateboarding should be felt not over thought like a thesis.

lesserredpanda

• Rep: 15
Went to Uni and found this bright minded, self indulgent enthusiasm to be such a drag and pretty commonplace throughout my experience. More so in Arts programs than STEM ones. Should’ve grown out of it by 27 tho. He’ll look back on that attitude in a few years and tone it down some.

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2154
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
...So much for the ol’ “Plenty of room under the Skateboard Tent“ spirit of days gone by, I guess.

But permit me to switch from cultural metaphors to a culinary one, briefly, to aid in my point.

Used to be, it took “all types” to make a good skateboard soup.
As I recall, the recipe has always called for a few pinches of nerdy intellectualism.
My generation got it from Rodney & his ilk; this generation gets it from Mark and such.
Big whoop.
Granted, he comes across a self absorbed intellectual of privilege when quoted, but I can only ingest so much exxxtreme gnarlage before my appetite calls for “lighter fair.”
I don’t want a poorly seasoned soup or stew. You?
Personally, I intend to resist the trend towards branding the pursuit of knowledge as snobbish, elitist, or exclusive.

Having said that... Fuuuck!!! That Milton cut: nuts!!!
Hugs to all of you.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

7th Chamber

Yea, fuck this college foo, hellride! SHMOOOKES.

Mr. Stinky

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311

I have graduate degrees.  The problem with Mark is not that he went to college, it's that it is painfully clear that he is dumber than most people who go to college and doesn't realize it because he's convinced  that skateboarders are incurably dumb when actually they just don't give a shit about impressionism or whatever. 

Ocelot

lol

can't say I'm not happy about this

poor Icarus

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
  • Did someone say sassy?
First of all, we must internalize the 'flatulation' of the matter by transmitting the effervescence of the 'Indianisian' proximity in order to further segregate the crux of my venereal infection. Now, if I may retain my liquids here for one moment. I'd like to continue the 'redundance' of my quote, unquote 'intestinal tract', you see because to preclude on the issue of world domination would only circumvent—excuse me, circumcise—the revelation that reflects the 'Afro-disiatic' symptoms which now perpetrates the Jheri Curis activation.

Allow me to expose my colon once again. The ramification inflicted on the incision placed within the Fallopian cavities serves to be holistic taken from the Latin word 'jalapeno'. —Ozzy Bates

hateboard

• Rep: -277
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
OP just posted a public service announcement on why, if you go to college, you should stay away from the Bachelors of Arts degrees.

100%! Better off not going to Uni at all. Same life prospects but less addiction to own fart smelling.

doctorkickflip

• Rep: 44
Anti-intellectualism sucks but Jesus christ this guy is such a turd. Being the "smart guy" in skateboarding is like being the most buff chess grandmaster. Dude needs to chill.

Autozone

• Rep: 61
First of all, we must internalize the 'flatulation' of the matter by transmitting the effervescence of the 'Indianisian' proximity in order to further segregate the crux of my venereal infection. Now, if I may retain my liquids here for one moment. I'd like to continue the 'redundance' of my quote, unquote 'intestinal tract', you see because to preclude on the issue of world domination would only circumvent—excuse me, circumcise—the revelation that reflects the 'Afro-disiatic' symptoms which now perpetrates the Jheri Curis activation.

Allow me to expose my colon once again. The ramification inflicted on the incision placed within the Fallopian cavities serves to be holistic taken from the Latin word 'jalapeno'. —Ozzy Bates

“...you don't even have to be clairvoyant, excuse me, Claire Huxtable to ovulate this...”

pdknox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 6
even cuffs his pants the way a richboy outsider wood

doctorkickflip

• Rep: 44

Finally, someone talks about this dude's pants. Is no one else noticing this????? All this talk about pants on slap and insta all day long in the skate community and no one is going to say how 2012 this dude's fit is.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
To the people who read it and thought it sucks; what did you think?  that it was going to be readable?  come on!  (I aint reading no Mark Suciu interview, I'd know that would be some tedious shit already, I'm not born yesterday,here.)  And people commenting "rich boy" and all that, get some class!
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
  • Did someone say sassy?
Expand Quote
[close]

Finally, someone talks about this dude's pants. Is no one else noticing this????? All this talk about pants on slap and insta all day long in the skate community and no one is going to say how 2012 this dude's fit is.
Come on, he puts his pants on like the rest of us: one hyper-literate, high-IQ leg at a time.

hip bruise

• Rep: 11
Shouldn’t this thread be moved to the critical theory sub forum

Yesterdays-pop

• Rep: -388
I heard Stevie Williams has beef with Suciu claiming Philly

snowman600

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
I wonder if mark cried once he spotted the misplaced apostrophe in the print edition

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
Being the "smart guy" in skateboarding is like being the most buff chess grandmaster.
lol

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3289
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
Expand Quote
Being the "smart guy" in skateboarding is like being the most buff chess grandmaster.
[close]
lol

HAHAHA. Amazing.

I've always wanted to say, at an AA meeting, "Being the most popular person in AA is a lot like being the prettiest girl at the Special Olympics." But I don't have the guts.

Googan Christmas

• Rep: 25
Expand Quote
[close]

I have graduate degrees.  The problem with Mark is not that he went to college, it's that it is painfully clear that he is dumber than most people who go to college and doesn't realize it because he's convinced  that skateboarders are incurably dumb when actually they just don't give a shit about impressionism or whatever.

Well, I guess if YOU have graduate degrees... and we all agree you’re pretty great, then college isn’t the problem.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
I heard Stevie Williams has beef with Suciu claiming Philly

In an urban environment with plenty of doors around, Suciu should be safe.

keepthefunkalive

• Rep: 129

“If I was made of chocolate, I’d eat myself”* [*subtext]

Brguy

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
This reminds me s bit about another skate nerd, &&.

There is an NKA vid I think where they are inside Andy’s ambulance and he is making a graph of his conception of how skateboarding can be broken down into skill-based groups and then in Venn diagram fashion shows the overlapping areas between groups and points out kind of under-explored areas.

It’s very nerdy and thoughtful, but not pretentious at all.
[close]

Link for the lazy?
[close]

Each NKA vid is about an hour or more long, I’m to lazy to look through each one right now too

Edit:

Ok, I looked.

This vid, at 39:40

https://youtu.be/kjSfAYqLNGg
LONGBOARDING IS EVERYTHING.