Author Topic: Suciu Thrasher quotes - inside the mind of an insufferable knob (and I’m a fan!)  (Read 20781 times)

chipped tail

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -42
Expand Quote
I heard Stevie Williams has beef with Suciu claiming Philly
[close]

In an urban environment with plenty of doors around, Suciu should be safe.
Musta been before Lil' Stevie was chased out of Philly by Weck

Rocketed ollie

• Rep: -7
Suciu's inflated ego is a social commentary on Western Civ's over-intellectualization. He's reimagined the concept of an interview, practically blunt sliding into our subconscious! Bravo smarty pants.
It’s all nothing and it still matters.

Glurmpz

This vid, at 39:40

https://youtu.be/kjSfAYqLNGg
LONGBOARDING IS EVERYTHING.
[/quote]

Ha. His venn diagram is incredibly flawed. No wallrides in street skating? Uhhhh, ok? No popped tricks except in street skating? Alright buddy. No late flips except in freestyle? Basically, he has no idea what he's talking about. He's a nice kid (met him plenty of times), but if you've ever talked to him you might notice he's a tad fried.

squippy

• Rep: -65
This reminds me s bit about another skate nerd, &&.

There is an NKA vid I think where they are inside Andy’s ambulance and he is making a graph of his conception of how skateboarding can be broken down into skill-based groups and then in Venn diagram fashion shows the overlapping areas between groups and points out kind of under-explored areas.

It’s very nerdy and thoughtful, but not pretentious at all.

Can I get a link

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
Young professional skateboarder with art school lit undergrad degree gets opportunity to talk about himself.

Glurmpz

Expand Quote

There is an NKA vid I think where they are inside Andy’s ambulance and he is making a graph of his conception of how skateboarding can be broken down into skill-based groups and then in Venn diagram fashion shows the overlapping areas between groups and points out kind of under-explored areas.

[close]

Can I get a link

Helps to keep reading the rest of the responses before you put in your own. Link was literally in the comment above yours.

Skateboard Shuffle

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 135
Mark on Magnum Opi confirmed.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 03:48:15 PM by Skateboard Shuffle »

ColinYourAssOut

• Rep: 13
“I’ve reached another realm and I’m a different type of skater than I’d ever imagined”. Mark Suciu ~Todd Falcon

You can't beat cheeks with weak meat.

TheO7herOne

• Rep: 2
"hellride." (Foucault)

Mr. Stinky

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Yea, fuck this college foo, hellride! SHMOOOKES.
[close]

I have graduate degrees.  The problem with Mark is not that he went to college, it's that it is painfully clear that he is dumber than most people who go to college and doesn't realize it because he's convinced  that skateboarders are incurably dumb when actually they just don't give a shit about impressionism or whatever.
[close]

Well, I guess if YOU have graduate degrees... and we all agree you’re pretty great, then college isn’t the problem.

Just declaring my own position to debunk the whole "buck vs a college boy" thing. I'm six figures in debt from school, no one should think that's great, much less that I'm great for doing it. I have experience, I'm drawing on it, the end.

Googan Christmas

• Rep: 25
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

I have graduate degrees.  The problem with Mark is not that he went to college, it's that it is painfully clear that he is dumber than most people who go to college and doesn't realize it because he's convinced  that skateboarders are incurably dumb when actually they just don't give a shit about impressionism or whatever.
[close]

Well, I guess if YOU have graduate degrees... and we all agree you’re pretty great, then college isn’t the problem.
[close]

Just declaring my own position to debunk the whole "buck vs a college boy" thing. I'm six figures in debt from school, no one should think that's great, much less that I'm great for doing it. I have experience, I'm drawing on it, the end.

Just fucking around, good luck with the loans

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
my skating instantiates all invisible modalities of the subaltern whilst simultaneously traducing the extant paradigm that fixates its hypercapitalist gaze on all forms of participation in any kind of subcultures that it seeks to assimilate into its ineluctable corpulence vis-a-vis traditional, mainstream athletic performances that solidify the authority and power of the status quo. there's an irony and intentionality in my sponsorships by large corporations and my advanced academic degree that some may find tendentious and tautological of the aforementioned "ineluctable corpulence" but by being aware of these architectures I can build new edifices with my coded blueprints for de(re)constructions of the preponderant structures we inhabit on a daily basis.

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
alex olson is also pretty far up his own ass and he's always been enjoyable to watch skate.

i hope mark keeps doing his thing.

the quotes are obnoxious but not quite as annoying as gonz.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3288
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
alex olson is also pretty far up his own ass and he's always been enjoyable to watch skate.

So, so, so, so correct here.

Mr. Stinky

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Just fucking around, good luck with the loans

Shalom

ColinYourAssOut

Expand Quote

[close]

What, are you guys saying that you don't love to read gibberish with loads of intentional misspellings peppered in thoroughly?

Fucking haughty intellectuals, I bet you keep your pinky extended when you drink your tea, too.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
my skating instantiates all invisible modalities of the subaltern whilst simultaneously traducing the extant paradigm that fixates its hypercapitalist gaze on all forms of participation in any kind of subcultures that it seeks to assimilate into its ineluctable corpulence vis-a-vis traditional, mainstream athletic performances that solidify the authority and power of the status quo. there's an irony and intentionality in my sponsorships by large corporations and my advanced academic degree that some may find tendentious and tautological of the aforementioned "ineluctable corpulence" but by being aware of these architectures I can build new edifices with my coded blueprints for de(re)constructions of the preponderant structures we inhabit on a daily basis.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3288
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

What, are you guys saying that you don't love to read gibberish with loads of intentional misspellings peppered in thoroughly?

Fucking haughty intellectuals, I bet you keep your pinky extended when you drink your tea, too.

I'm queer so that goes without saying.

cuckflip

He seems real insecure to brain flex in a skate magazine. If your so smart go write or research, don’t pontificate about skateboarding in a fucking magazine.

He seems like the type of guy that would have a pipe or some stupid shit and just loves to hear himself talk during these interviews.

ColinYourAssOut

He seems like the type of guy that would have a pipe or some stupid shit and just loves to hear himself talk during these interviews.

When you have mastered as many levels as the Soosh, you can do whatever you please.

Hands down Hass out

• Rep: 3
  • 奇妙な滞在
...So much for the ol’ “Plenty of room under the Skateboard Tent“ spirit of days gone by, I guess.

But permit me to switch from cultural metaphors to a culinary one, briefly, to aid in my point.

Used to be, it took “all types” to make a good skateboard soup.
As I recall, the recipe has always called for a few pinches of nerdy intellectualism.
My generation got it from Rodney & his ilk; this generation gets it from Mark and such.
Big whoop.
Granted, he comes across a self absorbed intellectual of privilege when quoted, but I can only ingest so much exxxtreme gnarlage before my appetite calls for “lighter fair.”
I don’t want a poorly seasoned soup or stew. You?
Personally, I intend to resist the trend towards branding the pursuit of knowledge as snobbish, elitist, or exclusive.

Having said that... Fuuuck!!! That Milton cut: nuts!!!
Hugs to all of you.

True, love me some good soup. And while bringing all flavors of skateboarding to the table makes it great, Himilayan 100% Organic Pink Salt is still fucking salt no matter how many undergrad degrees it has.

I'm surprised dude hasn't been checked for calling out Kirchart. HK has done more for less, ask Figgy.

"hellride." (Foucault)

Sig'd

« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 06:51:07 PM by Hands down Hass out »

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 321
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Link for the lazy?
[close]

Each NKA vid is about an hour or more long, I’m to lazy to look through each one right now too

Edit:

Ok, I looked.

This vid, at 39:40

https://youtu.be/kjSfAYqLNGg
[close]
LONGBOARDING IS EVERYTHING.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 07:57:24 PM by cucktard »
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

alright

So happy to finally hear that. The way Gonz plays up his pseudowhimsical persona has been insufferable for years. I'm sick of his faux spontaneity and the front he puts on like he's not some low key business man that's seriously cashed out by making vonnegut knock off sketches while he pretends he's 30 years younger and lead paint regular.

Suciu is just the standard "up his own ass" liberal arts grad student that tries to talk over peoples heads in a subtle way to feign intelligence and justify his own uselessness. He'll grow out of it or dull out when he realizes that trying so hard to seem smart is exhausting and transparent, and useless.

Hairy Ballsagna

• Rep: 32
Suciu 2019 is Marc Johnson 2007.

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
rather astute, good sir

Trash_Eater

• Rep: 0
  • It's ok to eat your own cum
it is good to have mark with his views and
his expressions as an antipode to the old
and far too common hellride 420 get buck
shake junt stonerrock tattoo gg allin send
it energy drinks gangsterz type of skaters.
it should not be frowned upon to pick up a
book from time to time and for kids to see
that, that a guy that is as proficient and as
fine in skating also reads, writes and goes
to universities, can only be better for all of
us and skateboarding as a whole. Hellride!

I agree with this post^^
- its in the same vein as the whole "soup/stew" metaphor a more recent post mentions..

I think Mark is a skateboard "pro" reluctantly at best... he skates for mega-corporation adiddas; which no doubt wants to pimp him out in some way comparable to the way NIKE pimps out Nyjah (who seems more than willing); yet Suciu (imo) seems to resist, or is weary of, the sk8-rockstar status temptation.

maybe i'm wrong.

What I like about him is he seems to be a skateboard purist, and cares/is thoughtful about skateboard aesthetics.

Kind of silly to judge a mans motives and character by something a magazine wrote up.
curious if anyone has kicked it with him in person and if he still comes off as pretentious in that context.

Ocelot

marc didn't ollie on a bank 4 times and call it revolutionary

marc also had very good style in his prime

his conspiracy theory ramblings were due to alcoholism as well

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1567
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.

anon

• Rep: 53
Expand Quote
[close]

When you have mastered as many levels as the Soosh, you can do whatever you please.

Nicki

Expand Quote
it is good to have mark with his views and
his expressions as an antipode to the old
and far too common hellride 420 get buck
shake junt stonerrock tattoo gg allin send
it energy drinks gangsterz type of skaters.
it should not be frowned upon to pick up a
book from time to time and for kids to see
that, that a guy that is as proficient and as
fine in skating also reads, writes and goes
to universities, can only be better for all of
us and skateboarding as a whole. Hellride!
[close]

I agree with this post^^
- its in the same vein as the whole "soup/stew" metaphor a more recent post mentions..

I think Mark is a skateboard "pro" reluctantly at best... he skates for mega-corporation adiddas; which no doubt wants to pimp him out in some way comparable to the way NIKE pimps out Nyjah (who seems more than willing); yet Suciu (imo) seems to resist, or is weary of, the sk8-rockstar status temptation.

maybe i'm wrong.

What I like about him is he seems to be a skateboard purist, and cares/is thoughtful about skateboard aesthetics.

Kind of silly to judge a mans motives and character by something a magazine wrote up.
curious if anyone has kicked it with him in person and if he still comes off as pretentious in that context.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JohGniYph-c