Author Topic: The Set-up Thread  (Read 4809473 times)

mynameisnotjeff and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1172
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: The Set-up Thread
« Reply #35340 on: March 28, 2024, 07:35:20 AM »
lookin good ^
hardly art, hardly starving

Stu Pickles

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 111
« Reply #35341 on: March 28, 2024, 07:40:18 AM »
havnt seen an ugly anti-hero set up yet

1 session in copyright free shop deck
beaten up thunders
nearing replacement spitfires
who knows what bearings
awful rip curl bushings

need to improve the crook groove

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 863
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #35342 on: March 28, 2024, 08:36:13 AM »
@Lou Strux
where did you find that deck
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 780
« Reply #35343 on: March 28, 2024, 09:53:16 AM »

AH “sparkle” Eagle pressed in the Easy Riderz Concave mold 8.5” w/ the 14.25” WB
Spitfire F4 Easy Sliders 93a duro, 54mm Radials
Made in USA (SF/CA) Indy Stage XI 149 Standards w/ grade 8 flat washers on top
Bones Swiss
Jessup LS3 grip
Roughneck 1” Phillips

Holy shit @Lou Strux You are #blessed

yourbreakfsat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 762
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #35344 on: March 28, 2024, 12:46:58 PM »

Grimple Stix Lance Mountain Guest Deck 9.83" x 31.06" with 14.5" wheelbase
Thunder 161 Standards
Spitfire Radial Fulls 58mm 97a (worn down to around 56mm now)
Bones Swiss 6
MOB
1" hardware

Was going to put on OJ rails but I forgot the hardware for one of them.

Also for anyone wondering, the shape is similar to the Black Label Street Thing/Man Van shape but with a much shorter and different shaped nose. They even have the same wheelbase.

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2202
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #35345 on: March 28, 2024, 12:48:30 PM »
@Lou Strux
I suppose you could say I had lunch with the right people?
I do enjoy testing new stuff out & have been missing the feel of a mellower concave since the Maximum Rocknroll zine (RIP) deck I rode a couple years back.  I have no clue which shop had pressed it, but that thing was so, so very mild in both concave & tip profiles that the differentiation in experience left me wanting for more when it cracked, so when I heard that the new milder contour concave that was designed with feedback from Ben DeGros were coming in, I may or may not have made an out loud mention of my interest in trying it out, that may or may not have been within earshot of somebody with access to these sorts of things, and then I may or may not have batted my eyelashes & tried to look cute, and the result is what you see here.
As I understand it, these things will be hitting the shelves of shops any moment now.
As for the feel of the deck, my impressions will have to wait another day or two due to ongoing recovery time from the massive, swollen contusions that presently occupy the parts of my feet where my arches normally reside.  Hoping for some clear weather & a bit more healing time from the daylong session across SF with a few of our fellow PALS from here on the bloards. 
More of my unsolicited opinions once I've been able to give this thing a thorough running in. 
Also curious about these wheels, even though I'm one of those "you can take my F4 99s from me when you pry them from my cold, dead hands" type of guys.  ;)  Wondering if these things are truly the Bard's Black Arrow* they've been touted as.

*Read a god damned book!

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112
« Reply #35346 on: March 28, 2024, 04:15:29 PM »
Expand Quote
@Lou Strux
[close]
I do enjoy testing new stuff out & have been missing the feel of a mellower concave since the Maximum Rocknroll zine (RIP) deck I rode a couple years back.  I have no clue which shop had pressed it, but that thing was so, so very mild in both concave & tip profiles that the differentiation in experience left me wanting for more when it cracked, so when I heard that the new milder contour concave that was designed with feedback from Ben DeGros were coming in, I may or may not have made an out loud mention of my interest in trying it out, that may or may not have been within earshot of somebody with access to these sorts of things, and then I may or may not have batted my eyelashes & tried to look cute, and the result is what you see here.
As I understand it, these things will be hitting the shelves of shops any moment now.
As for the feel of the deck, my impressions will have to wait another day or two due to ongoing recovery time from the massive, swollen contusions that presently occupy the parts of my feet where my arches normally reside.  Hoping for some clear weather & a bit more healing time from the daylong session across SF with a few of our fellow PALS from here on the bloards. 
More of my unsolicited opinions once I've been able to give this thing a thorough running in. 
Also curious about these wheels, even though I'm one of those "you can take my F4 99s from me when you pry them from my cold, dead hands" type of guys.  ;)  Wondering if these things are truly the Bard's Black Arrow* they've been touted as.

*Read a god damned book!

i am now invested in your feet healing up.

well, tbh, i’ve had a lot of foot pain, and wouldn’t wish it on anyone.
i’ve gone pretty far on trying to buy things that would help the pain, but no takeaways worth mentioning (maybe buying yourself some original footbed birkenstocks, those help me).
i’ve tried calf raises, and that sometimes helps.
foot pain keeps me off the board more than anything else. nb 808s have really worked for me. i think @144p has some special recipes of dunks and a specific insole i forget.

a mellow dlx board has me too excited.
and the 93s….

logjammin

• Rep: 336
« Reply #35347 on: March 28, 2024, 05:55:23 PM »

Another N-25 primewood 9.3 - 13.25WB - MOB
Ace hollow 1-1/4 bolts
Indy 1-1/4 risers
Ace 44's (1st Gen) on stage 7 inverted plates
Radial fulls 97a 56mm worn
Reds

roba

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 768
« Reply #35348 on: March 29, 2024, 03:19:39 AM »
looks very nice
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 727
« Reply #35349 on: March 29, 2024, 06:23:06 AM »

Limo 8.18”
Indy 144 Forged Hollows
Spitfire 52mm 99a F4 Classics
Swiss
Bronze
Pepper

Cons AS1’s

kook1234

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
« Reply #35350 on: March 29, 2024, 06:49:19 AM »

Limo 8.18”
Indy 144 Forged Hollows
Swiss
Bronze
Pepper

Cons AS1’s

so sick, looks great.

the limo snake pit graphic was meh to me at first but has quickly grown on me and I now think its one of the better/more iconic graphics for a brand out today.

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1072
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #35351 on: March 29, 2024, 07:04:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
@Lou Strux
[close]

*Read a god damned book!
[close]

i’ve gone pretty far on trying to buy things that would help the pain, but no takeaways worth mentioning (maybe buying yourself some original footbed birkenstocks, those help me).
foot pain keeps me off the board more than anything else. nb 808s have really worked for me. i think @144p has some special recipes of dunks and a specific insole i forget.

and the 93s….
I use the fp kingfoam orthotic religiously, fits in dunks/blazers well and helps me skate very often.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112
« Reply #35352 on: March 29, 2024, 09:52:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
@Lou Strux
[close]

*Read a god damned book!
[close]

and the 93s….
[close]
I use the fp kingfoam orthotic religiously, fits in dunks/blazers well and helps me skate very often.

🙏😘

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 727
« Reply #35353 on: March 29, 2024, 01:20:12 PM »
Expand Quote

Limo 8.18”
Indy 144 Forged Hollows
Swiss
Bronze
Pepper

Cons AS1’s
[close]

so sick, looks great.

the limo snake pit graphic was meh to me at first but has quickly grown on me and I now think its one of the better/more iconic graphics for a brand out today.

Thanks.  Me too - it’s cool that they’re incorporating it into most of the drops.  The silver really pops in the sun as well. 

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #35354 on: March 29, 2024, 06:26:54 PM »
Someone should probably ban me.

My twins.

8.5/ 8.8"
14/ 17
Team Hollow 151/ Classic 55s
x Formula 97a 52s/ G slide 82 a 59s
mix match of quantums/ Race reds.

pops

• Rep: 241
« Reply #35355 on: March 30, 2024, 12:43:03 AM »
Someone should probably ban me.

My twins.

8.5/ 8.8"
14/ 17
Team Hollow 151/ Classic 55s
x Formula 97a 52s/ G slide 82 a 59s
mix match of quantums/ Race reds.

How are the g slides?

Richard Skidder

• Rep: 460
« Reply #35356 on: March 30, 2024, 05:34:03 AM »
@Frank and Fred are the white bushings on Thunders aftermarket or is the white standard on the 151s? I know they are black on the 148.

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #35357 on: March 30, 2024, 09:18:36 AM »
@pops Gslides could be the fastest 'soft' wheel I have had so far and they do in fact slide. You have to put a fair bit it of grunt into your slide but they will release better than other softies. I want to try some slides at higher speeds and get some 4 wheel drifters going though.

@Richard Skidder They are stock form an older pair of 151s. Pre-broke in but still in good shape.

Ant

• Rep: 40
« Reply #35358 on: March 30, 2024, 10:11:18 AM »

A friend is closing his shop so I grabbed this in a last-ditch attempt to get Aces working for me in some way.

Krooked 8.75" 14.63wb (I stamp)
Ace 55 Classic, Ace hard bushings, 1/2 a thread showing.
Gonz edition F4 99a 54mm Conical fulls
Happy hardware
Really old Reds
Jessup

theloniousmonk

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #35359 on: March 30, 2024, 07:15:40 PM »

A friend is closing his shop so I grabbed this in a last-ditch attempt to get Aces working for me in some way.

Happy hardware
Really old Reds
Jessup
Sorry to hear your friends shop is closing.

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
« Reply #35360 on: March 30, 2024, 07:26:45 PM »
https://ibb.co/S76mPHT

Thunder hollow lights 147
Primitive Twin 8.25 (feels like a Quasi but with two noses)
Bones Swiss
Shorty’s 7/8 Allen
Spitfire formula four classics 51
Jessup

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 994
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #35361 on: March 30, 2024, 08:02:16 PM »

Bones Swiss
Shorty’s 7/8 Allen
Jessup

Which quasi?

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
« Reply #35362 on: March 30, 2024, 08:11:39 PM »
Expand Quote

Bones Swiss
Shorty’s 7/8 Allen
Jessup
[close]

Which quasi?
last time I skated a Quasi 8.25 it was the Al Davis and then the one with the 14.375 wheelbase.
https://quasiskateboards.com/collections/decks/products/rizzo-tired-eyez-8-25
This shape I believe. That flat concave on the tail is how the Primitive felt.

biaherl

• Rep: 267
    • Why So Sad avatar image
« Reply #35363 on: March 30, 2024, 09:19:48 PM »
From the Cruiser thread

Here's my new WSVT cruiser.

Sci-Fi board
Sci-Fi wheels
Ace AF1 66
Quantum Skate Shop Day Bearings
Mob Lurking Class Grip
Thunder 7/8s hardware

roba

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 768
« Reply #35364 on: March 31, 2024, 02:20:47 AM »
Expand Quote

Happy hardware
Really old Reds
Jessup
[close]
fire ass set up though
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

Ant

• Rep: 40
« Reply #35365 on: March 31, 2024, 06:42:25 AM »

Thanks, it's a shame. Honestly seems like a hard way to make a living. Trying to guess what people are going to want to buy, holding enough stock that people come in but not so much that you get left with a ton of stuff you can't sell. Always working so no time for skating etc.

Just my observations not what he has said.

fire ass set up though

Thanks, would never have bought that deck if it wasn't super cheap and in front of me. I quite like how it looks though and the size somehow feels good right away despite me skating an 8.38 for a few weeks.

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 356
« Reply #35366 on: March 31, 2024, 03:14:23 PM »
Is there such thing as an "easter complete"?
Black Label 9.5 egg
Ace 66 AF1 hollow hangers (purchased via Slap classifieds from @thespacewolf ) swapped onto AF1 Low baseplates with some slightly thinner flat washers
Spitfire F4 99a Classics 51mm
Swiss
Shortys Lights 7/8 allen
Jessup grip

Had a fun first session on it today. It's slightly more magic carpet than I expected it to be, and that's not really as evident in the photo.

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 218
  • sup dog
« Reply #35367 on: March 31, 2024, 04:13:20 PM »
 Hmm… something’s not right but I can’t figure it out… :-\

Another brand new account coming in on some absolute fuck shit

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1028
  • Just another skate shop guy
« Reply #35368 on: March 31, 2024, 04:13:39 PM »

Well it is an "EASTER EGG" so sure - let's go with it!!!

Looks amazing too, that stain and everything else.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 36
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #35369 on: April 01, 2024, 12:01:58 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Well it is an "EASTER EGG" so sure - let's go with it!!!

Looks amazing too, that stain and everything else.
Lol
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.