Author Topic: what happened to jon goemann  (Read 6069 times)

Tommy G

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -12
Re: what happened to jon goemann
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2019, 08:00:28 PM »
all this talk about pat burke has me wondering what happened to jon goemann, the patron saint of the impossible pre dylan. Dude was so ahead of his time.

Such a great part. His style makes everything look way too easy. Glad to see he's found another passion.

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 772
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2019, 10:55:10 PM »
Expand Quote
all this talk about pat burke has me wondering what happened to jon goemann, the patron saint of the impossible pre dylan. Dude was so ahead of his time.
[close]
That's funny. I guess you never heard of Ed Templeton. Don't worry, everyone has blind spots.
I would argue ol Dyl boy had the torch passed to him when he did it over that bench. He carried the flame to the grave ya dig
Now idk who the saint is. Maybe back to Ed for safekeeping.

nothing's been the since same

KRKD1

« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2019, 11:02:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
That's funny. I guess you never heard of Ed Templeton. Don't worry, everyone has blind spots.
[close]
I would argue ol Dyl boy had the torch passed to him when he did it over that bench. He carried the flame to the grave ya dig
Now idk who the saint is. Maybe back to Ed for safekeeping.

Torch passed when he went over the bench. Solidified it impossibling over that crowd barrier at streetleauge.

Made that shit his trademark with the impossible tail grab from the bump over the fence to flat in the gravis part.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2019, 12:21:39 AM »
I remember an interview TSM did with him. He had some allergic reaction to black hair diy.

That is all.

DirtyBurger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2019, 05:39:27 AM »
I've always loved Jon Goeman footage. I remember in Radio Television he was drinking Sutter Home baby bottles, that's a man of class right there.

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 808
    • Skateboarding Magazine Scans avatar image
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2019, 09:42:11 AM »
"Hey Goemann! Fuck you!"
There was no wire. Clark's planet needed him.
 Note: Clark Hassler died on the way back to his home planet.

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2019, 09:55:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Interviewed him and chat with him through Instagram regularly; skates a lot, working on a pizza business and is still relevant. One of my all time favorites. Still biting his look over here. Just nowhere as good nor ever will be.
[close]

I like Jon. But in what world is he relevant?
The pizza world

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -114
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2019, 12:41:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Interviewed him and chat with him through Instagram regularly; skates a lot, working on a pizza business and is still relevant. One of my all time favorites. Still biting his look over here. Just nowhere as good nor ever will be.
[close]

[close]
The pizza world

And skating. The fact that he rides for $lave and has a pro model, clearly has a following, and is one of the main riders for Tailored Union is enough for me. I truly believe if he wanted to pursue skating more in terms of full time, he would. Him stepping away was a choice from my understanding

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2019, 01:03:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
original slip on god. feel like it's almost a little unknown fact that he was on vans proper as well.
[close]

http://skately.com/library/ads/vans-shoes-team-series-002-2008

i miss the chukka lows
[close]

I loved the way they skated. HATED the way they looked.

I get angry when I see these shoes, fucking hate how they look. I was pissed when Chima’s pro model was basically just a canvas Chukka Low. More like Up Chukka amiright. On that note, got my first slip ons after seeing Goemann photos in an interview. Rad skater.
“I’ll whoop your ass with my arm out of socket”

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -114
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2019, 06:59:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
original slip on god. feel like it's almost a little unknown fact that he was on vans proper as well.
[close]

http://skately.com/library/ads/vans-shoes-team-series-002-2008

i miss the chukka lows
[close]

I loved the way they skated. HATED the way they looked.
[close]

I get angry when I see these shoes, fucking hate how they look. I was pissed when Chima’s pro model was basically just a canvas Chukka Low. More like Up Chukka amiright. On that note, got my first slip ons after seeing Goemann photos in an interview. Rad skater.

He voluntarily left Vans too. Told em his ankles were shot. Bowed out gracefully.

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2019, 08:17:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
The pizza world
[close]

And skating. The fact that he rides for $lave and has a pro model, clearly has a following, and is one of the main riders for Tailored Union is enough for me. I truly believe if he wanted to pursue skating more in terms of full time, he would. Him stepping away was a choice from my understanding

Again this is coming from a fan of his and $lave, but you might want to take the rose coloured glasses off. In no capacity or shape is Jon Goemann relevant in skateboarding in 2019. A decade since his last full part, he wouldn't have had an add in a magazine since iPath went under. Having a board every now and then from a company that is literally ran from a garage by one person doesn't make you relevant either. I'm sure he could pursue skateboarding full time if he wanted too, but no one would be paying him for his efforts. Also some people asking what happened to him on a message board doesn't equate to him having a following.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2019, 08:19:23 PM by HORSES »

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2019, 08:41:42 PM »

This is one of my all time favorite parts. The way he sort of bounces while rolling away from the wallride at 2:17 gets me every time. So sick.