Author Topic: Red Bull - You Good?  (Read 17478 times)

thebacker

Re: Red Bull - You Good?
« Reply #120 on: December 03, 2019, 05:14:15 AM »
Just a reminder that Real put on Zion Wright over Sean Greene and that says everything about Real in 2019

and over joey obrien

links, pics, and quotes

« Reply #121 on: December 03, 2019, 06:28:10 AM »

Ocelot

« Reply #122 on: December 03, 2019, 11:20:54 AM »
god damn that ender by alex was something else, he skates like a rollerblader but fuck that is some big balls stuff

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 997
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #123 on: December 03, 2019, 11:32:21 AM »
Expand Quote
I get the hate for the hats. It's creating a uniform for something which shouldn't have one, but they're paying riders good money, sponsoring events, and not hurting any other skate related brand.

I used to work as a bartender for a good chuck of my adult life and I would always steal the Red Bulls for myself because I'm not paying $3 for a can. I convinced our GM that everyone kept asking me for the sugar free ones, which no one was really, but those are my favorite and I wanted them.
[close]

For me the biggest thing they do is how well they take care of injuries. Like a guy like Milton got surgery and unlimited physical therapy at the redbull facilities with all the latest technology and best doctors/physicians. All for free. Would definitely take up on that offer if I was trying to skate for a living, even though looking at that hat is unbelievably annoying. They're not even trying to make it look like something people would wear. Only purpose is to best take advantage of the ad space that is your head

Seriously, it's just another sponsor (and one that isn't putting a skate brand out of business). So you don't like Redbull, but we've all drank one at some point...besides, if it keeps Jamie, Milton and the rest skating hard and being taken care of, I'm all for it.

When was the last time anyone picked up a Foy board, shoe, wheel or truck with his name on it?

Board sales sure as hell aren't paying for these dudes to get brokeoff these days.

Unless you are some wanna be art-house brand vibing off quasi graphics (or anything DLX) this forum sure as hell isn't supporting them, especially deathwish...

Also, for those into it, this was for sure a thiccboi video, even Midler is packing on the weight...must be all that sugar in them bulls... ;D

Jean-Ralphio Zaperstein

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 667
« Reply #124 on: December 03, 2019, 11:58:38 AM »
This one was dope

https://ibb.co/K7DQdkN

« Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 01:17:02 PM by NollieBackflip »

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #125 on: December 03, 2019, 12:05:40 PM »
Just a reminder that Real put on Zion Wright over Sean Greene and that says everything about Real in 2019

Oh damn really ?
Sean Greene has a sick part in the index video, didn’t realize Zion got on over him.

RonBurgundy

• Rep: -40
  • from a whale's vagina
« Reply #126 on: December 03, 2019, 12:27:45 PM »
Can't wait to be blown away by how many kinks they grind and then never watch it again

I was thinking exactly this the whole time.

also funny how they didint use stock music at all and it was actually worse than if they did

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 353
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #127 on: December 03, 2019, 06:48:15 PM »
The skating is undeniably gnarly but the whole vibe (music, editing, lifestyle cuts, hats etc) is beyond tacky.

If I was working at Real or Deathwish I'd be telling Zion and Jamie to start sending tapes to Darkstar or Blind because they are seriously tarnishing the reputations of their current board sponsors.

Alex Midler's fs crook and 5050 ender were gnarly.

I still think that Ty Evans takes the award for the lamest and most self indulgent skate video production of all time though.

this has been such a wild turn. what made everyone decide that jaime sucked? i must have missed that. he puts gnarly footage out all the time, you'd think we'd like that.

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 997
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #128 on: December 03, 2019, 07:40:50 PM »
And glad Foy getting that NB money. Most productive guy on Deathwish.

Seriously...The last thing out of them was in 2018 with Delfino...Neen? lol, we all know what he's up too...Lizard? uhhh, yeah won't be calling it a comeback...so that leaves who Hayes, Ellington and Greco? 

Dying on the vine probably...Hope they are Paying Foy well and Baker keeps that ship afloat otherwise he should take being in the spotlight and prime right now and pick a more 'active team' but, then again, might be good to be the only guy killing it for the team.

Yesterdays-pop

• Rep: -388
« Reply #129 on: December 03, 2019, 07:44:58 PM »
i could go for a Alex milder styling on you, some of those looks he has are fresh.

Plus Thrasher Gonz shirt cancels out red bull hat duh

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #130 on: December 03, 2019, 07:45:23 PM »
Expand Quote
The skating is undeniably gnarly but the whole vibe (music, editing, lifestyle cuts, hats etc) is beyond tacky.

If I was working at Real or Deathwish I'd be telling Zion and Jamie to start sending tapes to Darkstar or Blind because they are seriously tarnishing the reputations of their current board sponsors.

I still think that Ty Evans takes the award for the lamest and most self indulgent skate video production of all time though.
[close]

this has been such a wild turn. what made everyone decide that jaime sucked? i must have missed that. he puts gnarly footage out all the time, you'd think we'd like that.

I don't hate Jamie and he definitely doesn't suck I just think that people should be called out for this kind of stuff.

If back in the day Ellington or Arto or similar were starring in similar style of vids, looking like clowns, I feel as if they would of been called out for it and in turn have their core credibility reduced.

The way I see it is if you wanna behave like a cheeseball that's fine but you should be on a cheeseball company like Darkstar, Element or Blind.
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 353
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #131 on: December 03, 2019, 08:01:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I don't hate Jamie and he definitely doesn't suck I just think that people should be called out for this kind of stuff.

If back in the day Ellington or Arto or similar were starring in similar style of vids, looking like clowns, I feel as if they would of been called out for it and in turn have their core credibility reduced.

The way I see it is if you wanna behave like a cheeseball that's fine but you should be on a cheeseball company like Darkstar, Element or Blind.

feels fair to me.

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -601
  • who knows
« Reply #132 on: December 03, 2019, 08:09:15 PM »
the amount of sore assholes in this thread is astounding.

i make a good living and i understand how important it is to not be broke as fuck all the time.   how the fuck am i going to hate on somebody trying to skate full time and taking redbull money to do so?  people on here also claiming how it's cancer causing.

lol okay the redbull is going to kill you.  do most of the skaters that died in the past 10 years have redbull or ethanol to thank for that?

skateboarding is the only activity where the hobbyist want the very best doing it to be as poor as possible, to make themselves feel better about their shitty life
where is home?

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
« Reply #133 on: December 03, 2019, 08:38:53 PM »
Jamie Foy always reminds me of the member of Honey Boo Boo’s family that escaped the holler

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 519
« Reply #134 on: December 03, 2019, 09:13:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Can't wait to be blown away by how many kinks they grind and then never watch it again
[close]

I was thinking exactly this the whole time.

also funny how they didint use stock music at all and it was actually worse than if they did

That's basically what I said to my girlfriend when I was watching it and she asked what the fuck I was listening to.
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

rukes

• Rep: 216
  • Yabba dabba doo
« Reply #135 on: December 04, 2019, 01:14:43 AM »
There was some good tricks. Lotta heavy rail chomping.

But yeah the music was pretty bad. Couldve been a good video with better music and a different edit.
Is it true?  Or did you read it on the slap message board?

mclovin1336

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
« Reply #136 on: December 04, 2019, 03:19:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Jamie foy has the worst style. So gross.
[close]
I honestly never noticed until this video.
Thanks reds bull

it was definitely pronounced this time, i liked his last part but this one was a bit much. on a different note, these guys fuck with pain killers heavley, dont they? how can u take some of these slams and be expected to skate the next day

i am a little mad that alex midler didnt grind the whole rail with the long feeble but bs ollied out

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #137 on: December 04, 2019, 04:45:52 AM »
I fully back energy drink sponsors paying skateboarders.
It truly is a dream sponsor. The dudes all have this huge budget and get to film the video they want. Even tho it’s a groce video  it’s still and epic situation.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

cheetahsheets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -581
« Reply #138 on: December 04, 2019, 06:26:00 AM »
This time slap unconscious bias is at an all time high. That was honestly the most ENJOYABLE skate video I’ve watched this year outside of SS2. it was like watching a Nick Cage film, that’s the best I can describe it. It felt like they made a satire of serious skate films. Like it had such incredible skating(like great special effects), was supposed to be taken seriously with those actors(nick cage), yet it ended up being hilarious. I don’t think I’ve ever laughed harder or had more of a smile on my face in watching any skateboard video ever. If y’all can’t be entertained by how ridiculous this video is, then u must be the most lame person ever. Seeing Sheckler chug a red bull and throw the puig French handthrow after the drop literally made me laugh so fucking hard.

Big Cat Clan ain’t nothin to fuck with

“Big Money
Big Cars
We living like Superstars”
TK 3:16

Style Police

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 781
« Reply #139 on: December 04, 2019, 09:01:39 AM »
Exactly what I envisioned a Red Bull skate video to be. The aesthetic fits right in with all their other programs & videos.

Rasmus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65
« Reply #140 on: December 04, 2019, 09:17:47 AM »
Undeniably high level of difficulty, but I find it bizarre that I barely remember anything but sheckler's tricks and the ender. I don't know if I have just become jaded, but hammers used to make a lasting impression on me!

And I sort of hate myself for this - because it's not fair to the skaters, who understandably accepts a check, so they can make a living - but I fucking can't stand shake hunt grip and red bull hats. Seriously if those two things are involved in a picture or some footage, I am not capable of giving the trick its full credit. It really rubs me the wrong way.

Sanka Coffie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 258
  • The best push-cart driver in all of Jamaica
« Reply #141 on: December 04, 2019, 09:33:51 AM »
most hat wearing video

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -457
  • Objectivity police
« Reply #142 on: December 04, 2019, 09:49:02 AM »
Lol yeah I’m sure real and death wish are suuuuuper bummed about their riders being in a massive budget, high-viewership production. It’s like some of you don’t understand how companies operate in a capitalist society.

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

ChronicBluntSlider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #143 on: December 04, 2019, 09:56:52 AM »
Lol yeah I’m sure real and death wish are suuuuuper bummed about their riders being in a massive budget, high-viewership production. It’s like some of you don’t understand how companies operate in a capitalist society.

You should read about the rise and fall of Airwalk in the book Tipping Point by Malcom Gladwell.

ThePeoplesChamp

• Rep: -14
« Reply #144 on: December 04, 2019, 11:20:25 AM »
You guys ever notice that they are always wearing red bull hats?! So crazy..

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #145 on: December 04, 2019, 11:35:43 AM »
I remember around the time Sheckler had that show on tv the flea market near me would sling bootleg red bull hats to all the tweens trying to find chill girls
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

Mr. Stinky

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
« Reply #146 on: December 04, 2019, 11:44:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Energy drink companies promote excessive sugary drink usage by targeting impressionable kids (addictive stuff). Never forget that.
[close]
They’re basically cigarette brands.
[close]

Yeah, but they don't make you look cool.

Whatever, the best clips are where the dude cracks open a Monster and chugs it on the ride away like he's taking a drag off a smoke. 

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #147 on: December 04, 2019, 11:52:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Energy drink companies promote excessive sugary drink usage by targeting impressionable kids (addictive stuff). Never forget that.
[close]
[close]

[close]

Whatever, the best clips are where the dude cracks open a Monster and chugs it on the ride away like he's taking a drag off a smoke.

You guys remember "Truth"? That company that tried to make not smoking look cool? There a blast from the past.
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

rlang

• Rep: 19
« Reply #148 on: December 04, 2019, 01:04:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]

You guys remember "Truth"? That company that tried to make not smoking look cool? There a blast from the past.

That was a not for profit campaign. And fairly successful. Energy drinks are not linked to cancer, cigarettes unquestionably are. It's not even a comparison. Is that much caffeine good for your heart? No. But I drink about 7 cups of coffee a day so I'm not going to peach to anyone. Is that much sugar good for you? No, but again it's no different than candy or dessert.

Where are all these health inspector generals when kids are smoking in Supreme videos hating on the whole thing? ...those idiots are doing it for free, these kids are setting up their financial future. It's so stupid...

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #149 on: December 04, 2019, 01:57:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

That was a not for profit campaign. And fairly successful. Energy drinks are not linked to cancer, cigarettes unquestionably are. It's not even a comparison. Is that much caffeine good for your heart? No. But I drink about 7 cups of coffee a day so I'm not going to peach to anyone. Is that much sugar good for you? No, but again it's no different than candy or dessert.

Where are all these health inspector generals when kids are smoking in Supreme videos hating on the whole thing? ...those idiots are doing it for free, these kids are setting up their financial future. It's so stupid...
Energy drinks haven't been around long enough for someone to definitively prove that they're not linked to cancer or other long-term health issues, but they've been linked to alterations of the heart muscles and issues with blood pressure, as well as anxiety and nervous system disorders. Couple that with the fact that the target market for most energy drink brands are children and teenagers, whose nervous and cardiovascular systems are still growing and developing, and yeah, the whole energy drink NASCAR sponsorship thing is a lot shadier than kids in a Supreme video smoking cigarettes (and no one said that's a good look, so this is pure whataboutism). But sure, good for these dudes for sacrificing integrity and taste for their financial futures.

Source: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6280269/
« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 02:00:49 PM by heckler »
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.