Author Topic: Worst job you’ve ever had  (Read 4106 times)

Lasernaut

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 4
Re: Worst job you’ve ever had
« Reply #60 on: December 11, 2019, 04:16:12 AM »
When I was 12 I worked at an auto laquering company with some classmates. Most of the painters and also the owner had bad cases of cigarette and coffee dependence as well as strange behaviours due to the fumes.
We were among other things tasked with shaking the asbestos filters from the painting cabins. We would do that outside, but without masks. Paint dust and asbestos.
Also the owner made me wash his car in freezing weather on my birthday.

Around the age of 18 I worked as a shipping container emptier. A truck backed into the dock, and inside were 40 metric tons of frozen fish, hoki, in boxes. So my job was to take out the fish boxes and put them on pallets. Mines 17 degress celsius inside the containers. Boss was racist and stupid and had been married to my father's cousin.

I also worked as a sushi chef, and my boss was very cheap, had no idea on how to run a successful restaurant, and started to threaten some of my Chinese coworkers' lives. He threatened me as well.

50mm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 279
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #61 on: December 11, 2019, 06:56:09 AM »
Well the job I have now pays me very well and has great benefits, it's also the job I hate the most. Soul sucking working in a cubicle with a bunch of office types.

WastedHippy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #62 on: December 11, 2019, 11:57:25 AM »
I worked in a kitchen for about 3 months for a Japanese restaurant as part of a probation order. The manager was a dumb bitch who always had something to say just because she knew I had something to lose if I fuck up, she would always say 'I can tell your officer if you do (this or that)'. I'm not a fucking criminal and she treated me like dirt. Towards the end I started not caring at all, especially when I got a new job lined up (had to work that shitty job for at least 3 months before I could leave) and on the last day I went massively passive aggro and ghosted just as the restaurant was getting crazy busy close to the time I could clock off. Fuck that place and that bitch of a manager. Thankfully that's all behind me now.

Now I work in a hostel, and it's super chill and I get to meet interesting people all the time. I pretty much live here now (it's smack in the middle of the city) and it's right across the street from the best 'bar' in the city and a 3 minute skate to our country's answer to Pulaski, great for warm ups before cruising and mucking around on different spots. It's shit pay and I'm living paycheck to paycheck but it's awesome otherwise. My boss can be kind of a dick sometimes, but never having to commute, living in the centre and being able to street skate all the time and wake up 10 minutes before work starts is something I very much appreciate and enjoy!

haha fuck that first manager holding it over you, I'm suprised she didnt chase up you leaving early and try to get you in trouble. Like you said though to where you are now sounds like a sweet deal (aside from shitty pay) but the rest is good stuff

S.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 68
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #63 on: December 11, 2019, 12:04:27 PM »
I am currently doing an internship as part of my teacher training. It is a full-time gig without any pay. If I get sick I have to make up the days I have missed. It is four months long and it fucking sucks.

shucknjive

• Rep: -39
« Reply #64 on: December 11, 2019, 12:07:18 PM »
my fav job was Delivery Driver [Jimmy Johns]

my most hated job = Construction with GOD
mArLeY

gaunt

• Rep: 104