Author Topic: Worst job you’ve ever had  (Read 4055 times)

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1045
Worst job you’ve ever had
« on: November 30, 2019, 08:09:47 PM »
I’m currently in a half-chub state of appreciating my current job but have definitely gone through the ringer of garbage work, bosses, coworkers and working conditions.

What’s the worst job you’ve ever had?

SSBS1080CBBSNP

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 18
Re: Worst job you’ve ever had
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2019, 08:56:49 PM »
I’ve had so many and stayed with a few far too long. The oddest was aiding those seeking info and or reimbursement for a shared death and dismemberment issuance policy. Decapitation happens more than you’d think. Congrats on your current job situation. Sounds like one to hang onto.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2019, 09:09:34 PM »
  A weed facility recently.  Seemed unhealthy.  They radiate that government shit weed.  Radiation.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1045
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2019, 09:38:01 PM »
TL;DR: When making decisions about professional endeavors, such as leaving or starting a new job, don’t do it while popping pills.

I’d say the absolute worst jobs I ever had were building boats.

Fresh off of a multi-week bender of being perpetually blacked out on benzos, I walked out of my stable/simple retail job on a cigarette break. My father passed away the year prior and they wouldn’t give me Father’s Day off. Now, 10 years later, I can say this was the best decision I ever made professionally. At the time, I was the pariah of my family and borderline shunned for being an idiot/flat broke.

From there, I scrambled to find a job via craigslist. I liked to surf and knew how to fix boards so I keyword searched “surfboard repair”. Boat repair came up, I jumped on it. In my Xanax fueled haze, I said “this is exactly what I need in my life”.

For one year, did it for a guy who was an absolute dick head. Would be sanding fiberglass inside a warehouse from 6am-5pm, then he would spend 30 minutes “cleaning up” and then teach a Zumba class in the same warehouse... where there was fiberglass dust still in the air. 30+ women, doing aerobics and inhaling fiberglass... total scum bag. While I hated my boss and the working conditions, that was the best shape I’d ever been in my life.

The other side of the warehouse was setup for building small parts for airplanes. He’d underbid on contracts for miscellaneous components (trash cans, cup holders etc) then not deliver on time. He burned the US government so badly and too many times so he was banned from bidding on US contracts and had to go to Columbia to bid. Bid on private contracts down there, eventually burned them. One morning, I’m working on a boat and a group of Colombians come in... totally unexpected. They ask to see progress on the contract. My boss has nothing to show, not even materials. They took over the shop and forced him out within 24 hours and totally destroyed the boats. I hated my boss so I loved every minute of it.

Second job, some guy who was building a doomsday yacht. Filthy rich, totally out of his mind. Hired 4 of us off craigslist, one of whom was a homeless schizophrenic who lived in a van on the property of said doomsday boat. Between mixing resin in a dirt field, having some of the worst materials for the job and having to deal with this mentally unstable person who would constantly ask me for money, I almost lost my fucking mind. I don’t exactly remember how I quit that job but, if I can recall through said period of time in perpetual blackout, I think I just stopped showing up.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 06:54:39 AM by fakie nollie »

WastedHippy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2019, 11:02:10 PM »
Really any kind of warehouse/factory job

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2019, 01:03:40 AM »
I will take any back breaking labour before telemarketing. Never again... Landscaping and factory was a fucking dream compared to trying to sell shit to people.

LordManHammer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -323
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2019, 06:09:39 AM »
Shittiest job Telemarketing and said fuck it tried my hand working in a graveyard as groundskeeper/landscaper.

I can talk the talk and try to sell my shit but I stutter too much sometimes.  Plus 95% the people you are calling is rejected and I feel bad being a parasite albeit telemarketer.

Graveyard groundskeeper and landscaper well it was neato I just hated having to replace headstones and the burial part as I worked in a small one in Connecticut. 

Plus grieving families not so much annoying just depressing and it gets to me as hard as my stoic appearance I am a big baby when elders pass.
Dueces Bitch's

Audrey II

• Rep: 14176
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2019, 06:11:17 AM »
Dish washer at a bubba gump restaurant part time as a second job. Shit sucked but it didn’t take much brain power so it was kinda chill.
You got questions? Ask me like a fucking man. You know my Insta.

Skart

• Rep: -33
  • Ham control
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2019, 06:28:44 AM »
Really any kind of warehouse/factory job

Yep

Between the air quality and the vibes it was pretty fucked being in a toyota plastics building (all the interior parts from dash to door handles). Every so often they'd mess up some part and the whole place would smell like gnarly burnt plastic just being recycled in the huge ac units they had on the ceilings...

I was in the shipping/receiving area dealing with the plastic pallets and plastic inventory boxes sorting them off of a roller conveyor belt straight off the 18 wheeler

It was fun lifting pallets and stacking boxes but me and a other dude there no shit were seeing ghosts/people out of the corners of our eyes...

The other dude told me about it first, then I said I saw the same thing... May have been all the dusty/dirty/toxic plastic in the air mixed with the daily monster/redbull.. But fuck factories for sure

They moved me to outbound stacking and sorting inventory onto pallets. The sorting system had me soo fucked up, I held on for a week.. One day, I looked left and right. Made sure nobody was looking at me and I just walked out.. Bought some stuff from the lunch room snack bar and walked to my car.. Never went back
i need a break from this thread dawg. knowledge doesnt feel like power anymore

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2019, 07:00:51 AM »
I sold furniture for the biggest furniture store within 120 miles. It was cool for a while, I made a few huge ass commission checks but I eventually hated it so much.  Could only do that job well when I was popping benzos and pain killers. I eventually hated every single customer who walked in the door. My mental health went to shit when I didn’t have pills at that job. I had a couple mental breakdowns during that time.
Besides my abusing pills, my doctor at the time suggested I cold turkey quit my anti depressants that I had been taking for 6 years to see if I would just be fine and maybe wouldn’t need to take them anymore: I was good for about a month but After that I because very depressed with constant anxiety attacks.
I couldn’t even smoke weed anymore because it would just give me an anxiety attack.
Eventually I fully left that job and got back on my ant depressant.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 07:06:27 AM by johnes »
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2019, 07:34:34 AM »
I was the manager at a non-emergency transportation company where we would pick up elderly/handicapped people from their homes and take them to doctor's appointments and stuff. I worked in the office and would write the daily pick up schedule based on incoming appointments, drivers available, location, price, etc. It was a small family business where the shady owner would constantly tell you that "things are coming up" even though it's clearly fucking chaos and most days he'd be off doing random shit leaving me to basically run the business all by myself. For 12 bucks an hour, at that.

The business was run super poorly and every day was a total frantic nightmare. The owner would only hire his dipshit friends who would often simply decide not to work or not to pick up patients. I would often have to call them and get in screaming matches with them just so they would do their job. I would have to get calls from insurance companies and try to explain to them why our drivers would leave their patients stranded for hours on the other side of the state. The turnover rate for drivers was insane meaning we got the biggest batch of misfits to roll through and try and work for us including a convicted pedophile (who the owner still at least considered.) Instead of actually changing how the business ran, the owner would keep telling me to accept more and more rides to try and get more money despite having a quarter of the staff we had before, not to mention most of the routes being virtually impossible to accommodate in a given time. Eventually it all came to a head when I came back from a lunch break and, in middle of the damn day, I walked into my boss deciding to shut down the entire business. I went to my desk, printed a dozen or so copies of my resume, and walked out without looking back.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2019, 07:53:24 AM »
Worked in a bread factory part-time for a year.

Super dangerous cleaning chemicals, dangerous surroundings (sharp edges galore, bugs), idiotic co-workers, just awful in general. I could tell you lots of stories. I don't know why I even worked there in retrospect, I should've spent my time trying to find something better for my resume.

Yeah, factories suck.

Diocletian

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2019, 07:54:47 AM »
Every job I’ve ever had

Pho King Hung Lo Mein

• Rep: -16
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2019, 11:40:00 AM »
Worked in a bread factory part-time for a year.

Super dangerous cleaning chemicals, dangerous surroundings (sharp edges galore, bugs), idiotic co-workers, just awful in general. I could tell you lots of stories. I don't know why I even worked there in retrospect, I should've spent my time trying to find something better for my resume.

Yeah, factories suck.

Never worked in a factory or warehouse, but back when I was Scuba Diving for Roto Rooter, I would have KILLED to work in a factory.  Talk about a "shitty" job.

I once got talked into Selling (and by that, I mean going door-to-door and getting it slammed in my face 100% of the time) ADT alarm systems.  One lady was kind enough to say "I'm not interestING" in what sounded like a very thick Mexican accent, THEN slammed it.  Worst 20 minutes of my life.

"Now go home and get your fucking Shinebox"

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -323
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2019, 05:37:50 PM »
I use to rock with Manpower the day labor upscaled for reprobates.

I was working at a glass window factory, I didn’t know they had suction cup handlers to carry big panes of glass.

I fucked up and it slipped down my thin gloves sliced my hand and forearm. I sued manpower and the window company as they didn’t tell me about these special cups that lock on to the windows.

Got a hefty settlement from them to boot.
Dueces Bitch's

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2019, 06:30:24 PM »
I worked at a clothing store I’m too embarrassed to mention by name.

I would stand in my room before leaving muttering “why” over and over again until I finally forced myself out the door.
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

Pho King Hung Lo Mein

• Rep: -16
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2019, 06:42:51 PM »
I worked at a clothing store I’m too embarrassed to mention by name.

I would stand in my room before leaving muttering “why” over and over again until I finally forced myself out the door.

Haha, then you get out to the car and go straight "Cameron" on it:

https://youtu.be/d51tXC5clTo
"Now go home and get your fucking Shinebox"

Bumpovertrash

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2019, 06:58:04 PM »
Absolute worst would be putting stickers on boxes coming down a conveyor belt line, didnt last long there. Ive also cooked at some shitty restraunts in my day

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2019, 08:18:54 PM »
I was about 15(not even legal to work in the labor union) and got a job flagging a highway construction job

It paid well, but standing in one spot for 14 hours a day to turn a sign drove me mental.

So when I post dumb shit on here, I blame that fucking job.

$24 an hour at age 15 was balling though
Gentleman ninja warlock

offkilter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 265
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2019, 08:38:28 PM »
Working repairs and machine labor for a company that made kayaking and rain gear. 5am start time, and I’d show up and get completely soaked outside in the cold water-testing gear. The 2nd half of the shift I’d be inside inhaling noxious glue fumes. The only good part was there was no supervision at all and my department would play full D&D campaigns on the clock

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2019, 09:02:37 PM »
My first job was as a dishwasher in a fairly high volume restaurant at age 14.

I didn't get to enjoy all the social perks that the older staff did to make it tolerable. I'd only work a 5-6 hour shift but it was relentless and I'd smell like vomit afterwards and would net under $20 per night. Seeing French Onion Soup encrusted on a bowl still gives me nightmares.

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2019, 10:09:06 PM »
checking people's bags as they walked in the door at a luggage store near union square in new york. you can only imagine how pissed some new yorkers would get when asked to check their bags. I dreaded having to do that every day for the year I worked there.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 10:10:55 PM by ChuckRamone »

WastedHippy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2019, 10:24:41 PM »
checking people's bags as they walked in the door at a luggage store near union square in new york. you can only imagine how pissed some new yorkers would get when asked to check their bags. I dreaded having to do that every day for the year I worked there.

haha I bet you got your share of death stares or negative comments/vibes

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2019, 10:38:50 PM »
My first job overseas i was doing landscape construction for some shitty company and i dreaded going to work each day, they put me in multiple dangerous working situations that i didnt question at the time cause i needed work to survive but it was horrible, and the boss was such a dick, wanted your best work for the least pay, luckily got out of there after a couple of months.

Runner up was when i was 19-20 working as a plumber and my work ethic was pretty poor but the boss was just an asshole, i was an apprentice learning and he would snap at me regularly for not knowing everything he knew before teaching me, it was lame. These days i wouldnt stay at a toxic environment work place, i know my value

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

7th Chamber

« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2019, 12:32:51 AM »
Cable guy in East Oakland. More than one gun pulled on me, dogs, hood rats, hoarders. It was fucked.

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2019, 02:34:07 AM »
Front desk clerk of a really tacky hotel where people who pretend to have money stayed. The customers were terrible. The staff was even worst; you could really tell they hated their jobs and were unhappy. I did everything I could to get fired, they didn't give a fuck and gave me more hours, so one day I just left in the middle of my shift.

I worked there for 2 months a few years back and still think about it from time to time. What a miserable experience.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 02:37:40 AM by TheBoognish »

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 394
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2019, 05:19:04 AM »
It was vacation job so it was only a few weeks.

My dad worked in  tile factory and it had this HUGE oven.
Maintancance was apparantly expensive so they asked locals to clean the oven.

On the inside.

So every year there a three week vacation when the oven needed to be cleaned.
When just turned off it was like 70 degrees celcius in there and you had to wear heat proof cloting a gas mask, gloves, fireproof boots etc.

I lost 10 pounds within the first week. Sweated all day.
Insane, unhealthy but paid well.

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 286
  • And you better believe: they're ALL silk
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2019, 05:36:16 AM »
In 2009, I worked as a leather crafter at Sub-shop.com, or as advertised in my town: Autumn & Company.

This was the gnarliest job you'd ever want to work for $9 an hour.

The first lady you see on that site is Autumn, she and her crazy ass husband "her master" started this company in their basement and business boomed. They became the #1 provider of American made BDSM gear.

The owners were crazy fucked people. The husband held her by the wrist, instead of holding hands. They believed in keeping a bag of gems in every corner of the room to ward off bad spirits. If your family had bereavement, Autumn would approach you not one week later to tell you about her conversation with your recently departed loved one.

Every week, someone got fired for something. A lot of dudes were fired for theft and lots of girls were employed and fired for having "bad auras."
Every week, they'd fire the current "supervisor" for not pulling his weight and then elect whoever was left of the pool to become the new supervisor.
You'd have the awesome job of telling all your friends what to do while they hated your new-given powers, and at the end of the week, you probably lost your job.

Where I worked was actually really sick: a room full of 10 or so people, most skated, and we all shot the bullshit while making ball gags or sex masks or whatever your level of leather crafting allowed. "dildo" "butt plug" "pussy spreader bar" and "tit twisting clamps" were daily vocabulary words.

Every day, we had a lot of fun until the owners Mercades SUVs could be seen pulling into gated complex, then everyone walked on egg shells.

When the owners came in, they would bring "snacks" which were the expired food that remained in the pantry for their 7 (no joke) adopted kids.
I remember seeing rotten green twinkies and Dr. Peppers advertising SPIDERMAN, even though SPIDERMAN 4 was in theatres at the time.

Once you were hired, you could be doing anything: laundry/shopping at the owners personal homes, painting, landscaping, moving, installing. They hired felons and it was crazy seeing all these people bend over backwards to keep their $9 an hour job.

I actually worked with a girl who got a call on Christmas to come supervise the 7 kids because the owners had too many gifts to exchange with one another and didn't have time to watch their own adopted kids open their christmas gifts.

One time, we were playing "The Ballad of Chasey Lain" - Bloodhound Gang and Autumn came in the room and started talking to us (she had never talked to us before) and said "I LOVE JIMMY POP...I'D TOTALLY FUCK HIM FOR BLOW" which is a joke alluding to the end of that song.

Apparently we didn't laugh as hard as she expected, she walked out, 4 minutes later, her MASTER husband came in and fired the whole room. "We just need people with better energy" was the reason.

Now I own my own house and other shit and command a larger wage, but I swear if I see either of those people: I'd have to think thru the murderous rage in order to survive.
I got beef with Brian sumner and it’s onsite for that fat fucking red coat.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2019, 05:57:48 AM »
I enjoy reading these, keep them coming..

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2019, 06:12:32 AM »
Worst job was playing Santa Claus in the city center before Christmas. At 15! Kids are mean. They pulled on my beard and shit.   :-X

Second worst was the one that almost happened: I worked security once and the next year the same company offred me to work in cash-transport operations. I said ok, went home, thought about it....then called back and said no way! I was like 20 or some shit, with no experience whatsoever in "real" security. Still can't believe they offered me that gig.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 06:17:18 AM by OldieButFrenchie »