Author Topic: Worst job you’ve ever had  (Read 4053 times)

LordManHammer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Worst job you’ve ever had
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2019, 06:19:52 AM »
In 2009, I worked as a leather crafter at Sub-shop.com, or as advertised in my town: Autumn & Company.

This was the gnarliest job you'd ever want to work for $9 an hour.

The first lady you see on that site is Autumn, she and her crazy ass husband "her master" started this company in their basement and business boomed. They became the #1 provider of American made BDSM gear.

The owners were crazy fucked people. The husband held her by the wrist, instead of holding hands. They believed in keeping a bag of gems in every corner of the room to ward off bad spirits. If your family had bereavement, Autumn would approach you not one week later to tell you about her conversation with your recently departed loved one.

Every week, someone got fired for something. A lot of dudes were fired for theft and lots of girls were employed and fired for having "bad auras."
Every week, they'd fire the current "supervisor" for not pulling his weight and then elect whoever was left of the pool to become the new supervisor.
You'd have the awesome job of telling all your friends what to do while they hated your new-given powers, and at the end of the week, you probably lost your job.

Where I worked was actually really sick: a room full of 10 or so people, most skated, and we all shot the bullshit while making ball gags or sex masks or whatever your level of leather crafting allowed. "dildo" "butt plug" "pussy spreader bar" and "tit twisting clamps" were daily vocabulary words.

Every day, we had a lot of fun until the owners Mercades SUVs could be seen pulling into gated complex, then everyone walked on egg shells.

When the owners came in, they would bring "snacks" which were the expired food that remained in the pantry for their 7 (no joke) adopted kids.
I remember seeing rotten green twinkies and Dr. Peppers advertising SPIDERMAN, even though SPIDERMAN 4 was in theatres at the time.

Once you were hired, you could be doing anything: laundry/shopping at the owners personal homes, painting, landscaping, moving, installing. They hired felons and it was crazy seeing all these people bend over backwards to keep their $9 an hour job.

I actually worked with a girl who got a call on Christmas to come supervise the 7 kids because the owners had too many gifts to exchange with one another and didn't have time to watch their own adopted kids open their christmas gifts.

One time, we were playing "The Ballad of Chasey Lain" - Bloodhound Gang and Autumn came in the room and started talking to us (she had never talked to us before) and said "I LOVE JIMMY POP...I'D TOTALLY FUCK HIM FOR BLOW" which is a joke alluding to the end of that song.

Apparently we didn't laugh as hard as she expected, she walked out, 4 minutes later, her MASTER husband came in and fired the whole room. "We just need people with better energy" was the reason.

Now I own my own house and other shit and command a larger wage, but I swear if I see either of those people: I'd have to think thru the murderous rage in order to survive.
I was in Denver at this hippie Co-op type of diner/grocery store the lady was some guru raki type of hippie who'd try to these rituals to see if you were a right fit and mind you I was just applying for busser/dishwasher nothing that hard right?  I was recommended by the cook who was a hippie but he was tight with the owner but I guess after a few weeks my aura was too violent or aggro it was a total sham btw I asked the lady afterwards of being let go. It's dishwashing not that fucking hard?!
Dueces Bitch's

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1044
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2019, 06:54:00 AM »
In 2009, I worked as a leather crafter at Sub-shop.com, or as advertised in my town: Autumn & Company.

The first lady you see on that site is Autumn, she and her crazy ass husband "her master" started this company in their basement and business boomed. They became the #1 provider of American made BDSM gear.

The owners were crazy fucked people. The husband held her by the wrist, instead of holding hands. They believed in keeping a bag of gems in every corner of the room to ward off bad spirits. If your family had bereavement, Autumn would approach you not one week later to tell you about her conversation with your recently departed loved one.

Every week, someone got fired for something. A lot of dudes were fired for theft and lots of girls were employed and fired for having "bad auras."
Every week, they'd fire the current "supervisor" for not pulling his weight and then elect whoever was left of the pool to become the new supervisor.
You'd have the awesome job of telling all your friends what to do while they hated your new-given powers, and at the end of the week, you probably lost your job.

Where I worked was actually really sick: a room full of 10 or so people, most skated, and we all shot the bullshit while making ball gags or sex masks or whatever your level of leather crafting allowed. "dildo" "butt plug" "pussy spreader bar" and "tit twisting clamps" were daily vocabulary words.

Every day, we had a lot of fun until the owners Mercades SUVs could be seen pulling into gated complex, then everyone walked on egg shells.

When the owners came in, they would bring "snacks" which were the expired food that remained in the pantry for their 7 (no joke) adopted kids.
I remember seeing rotten green twinkies and Dr. Peppers advertising SPIDERMAN, even though SPIDERMAN 4 was in theatres at the time.

Once you were hired, you could be doing anything: laundry/shopping at the owners personal homes, painting, landscaping, moving, installing. They hired felons and it was crazy seeing all these people bend over backwards to keep their $9 an hour job.

I actually worked with a girl who got a call on Christmas to come supervise the 7 kids because the owners had too many gifts to exchange with one another and didn't have time to watch their own adopted kids open their christmas gifts.

One time, we were playing "The Ballad of Chasey Lain" - Bloodhound Gang and Autumn came in the room and started talking to us (she had never talked to us before) and said "I LOVE JIMMY POP...I'D TOTALLY FUCK HIM FOR BLOW" which is a joke alluding to the end of that song.

Apparently we didn't laugh as hard as she expected, she walked out, 4 minutes later, her MASTER husband came in and fired the whole room. "We just need people with better energy" was the reason.

Now I own my own house and other shit and command a larger wage, but I swear if I see either of those people: I'd have to think thru the murderous rage in order to survive.

Your entire story is gold but the twinkies fucked me up. I thought those could never go bad or something. Not sure why I thought that.

AssFlea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -31
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2019, 08:33:46 AM »
I had to keep the garage at the Lawrence farm clean.
The buff truck was in it. I think the work release CO Al did it to me because I was up on 46 graff charges.

Fuck the buff
_--
xX
^    @
''')'
'''''

hangontoyourego

« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2019, 09:21:31 AM »
I had to keep the garage at the Lawrence farm clean.
The buff truck was in it. I think the work release CO Al did it to me because I was up on 46 graff charges.

Fuck the buff
Did you tag assfleas ?

Yu Dum

« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2019, 10:20:32 AM »
Honestly, I was going to say fast food was the worst, but upon further reflection... It was definitely land surveying.
Guy who owned the company was a total nut. Admitted to me that he used to smoke crystal meth, was an adulterer, and claimed he was god and we (his employees) were his disciples. Always an anger case, too. Never had a day where it didn't end with him berating us to the point that I damn near was hoping I'd die on the job.

The point that finally got me out of there was seeing my foreman's jaw get crushed by a four wheeler due to his own idiocy of trying to go up about a 50 degree angled hill. Realized that my life was worth more than $12/hour.

slippy

• Rep: 83
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2019, 03:23:35 PM »
Installing fire sprinkler pipe.  The job itself wasn't too miserable but the time of year and my foreman fucked my world up.  Trying to get in higher than the HVAC means always being one floor up from where AC was installed.  Phoenix summer in a hotbox was crazy, crushing gallons of water like it was nothing.  One particular foreman riddled with insecurity constantly talking shit to me was crappy.  The couple months I was under him were really getting to me, always making em get him his water like he's too good to walk his ass over there.  Last couple weeks I started rubbing the whole water bottle all over my sweat covered gooch and nuts each time I'd grab him one.  In hindsight it felt great to watch that asshole guzzle it down.
people who refuse to use apple products can blow my fucking stupid hog

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2019, 03:34:06 PM »
IKEA

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2019, 03:40:38 PM »
selling weed
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

worried_basil

• Rep: 0
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2019, 04:28:29 PM »
Selling advertising space for a newspaper. My last day is tomorrow. Cold calls are the fucking worst but its kinda mellow when I'm not on the phones.

Rick_Kane

« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2019, 04:38:39 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Your entire story is gold but the twinkies fucked me up. I thought those could never go bad or something. Not sure why I thought that.

Contrary to popular belief, the shelf life of Twinkies is a mere 25 days. They'll still be edible after that but will start to harden and become stale. Turning green though, IDK, could've been mold I guess. I do know they made a Ghostbusters Twinkie with green filling.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 04:40:31 PM by Rick_Kane »

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2019, 06:57:20 PM »
Working in the kitchen at Spaghetti Warehouse, xan’d out the whole time

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2019, 06:59:22 PM »
Wal Mart when I was 19. Only job I quit with no 2 weeks. Woke up hungover one morning and called em up and told them I’m not gonna make it in today... or... ever again. They couldn’t have cared less.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2019, 07:00:45 PM »
selling weed

What naah that was the best gig. Minus the occasional robbery attempts.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2019, 05:25:15 AM »
oh yah painting these balconies on a big building with out being tied off.  That was horrible. 
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

slippy

« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2019, 08:47:16 AM »
Wal Mart when I was 19. Only job I quit with no 2 weeks. Woke up hungover one morning and called em up and told them I’m not gonna make it in today... or... ever again. They couldn’t have cared less.

Worked at a coffee shop for a goddamn year, manager was around almost daily but only to check up on things, not super involved.  Walked in on Thursday to her office and she asked what my name was... lady didn't even know I fucking worked at the coffee shop for the last fuckin' year!  Anyways, told her I was quitting, she asked what that would mean my last day would be and I said "this was my last day, you're going to have to find someone to work tomorrow". Felt good

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2019, 09:40:58 AM »
I worked at two pizza joints. One little independent family-owned one that a buddy from highschool's dad ran, which was great, and another franchise one which wasn't terrible but the owners were terrible people. It was a in a building that was split between the pizza store and a party store and both businesses were ran by the same family. These people were the some of the cheapest and stingiest people I've ever met. If I remember correctly, it was two brothers and four sisters, the oldest at the time was maybe early 40's and the youngest would've been like 24 or 25. They all lived together in the same house, with their parents and I believe their grandmother, and I think this is why they were able to appear like they were wealthy. They all drove fancy cars, drank expensive liquor, had flashy designer shit, all that stuff. They pinched every last penny out of those businesses though and some of the things they did were just despicable. Here's some of the things I remember them doing:

We'd get food shipments a few times a week and if we had any produce that went bad, my boss would have us swap out containers of new products with whatever went bad. Then they would take a new container with a new date, full of old, rotten produce to the supply truck driver and demand that they get it for free, or get another container of whatever it was (getting two for the price of one). They pulled this scam all the time.

If customers called on the phone and had long orders, they would hit this button on the computer where they could just add on additional cost because they knew the customer wouldn't know.

If pizzas had many toppings, they would be made with less cheese and less toppings to keep the cost low for them, while the customer is paying more. The more you ordered, the skimpier your food was.

If the store closed at 10 and you were still working on cleaning up, they would clock you out at 10 and you wouldn't get paid for however long it took you to finish.

They would brag to us about the things they wrote off on their taxes, like designer jeans and handbags, claiming it was all a business expense.

If you were fired, or left on bad terms, there was like a 50% chance you were getting your last paycheck.

They would skim off our checks and delivery tips all the time, claiming we screwed things up, so we had to pay for it. If they drawer came up short, the shortage was taken from payroll, even if they were the ones working the cash register the whole day.

I can probably list more, but that's what I quickly remember off the top of my head. I worked their for way too long and put up with too much bullshit, but it wasn't always bad. They liked me and usually treated me pretty well. I had some good coworkers too and we did have some good times back in the kitchen. I never supported either of their businesses after I quit though and never will.

Lorem_Ipsum

• Rep: 18
« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2019, 10:53:41 AM »
The worst job I've ever had was actually in the skate industry, working for a large ecommerce retailer. My primary responsibility was to field incoming phone calls from skaters or parents who had bought their children skateboards and had an issue in some way or another. It was a pretty standard customer service position, however the company was broken into two separate entities that had essentially the same inventory. I was the sole phone operator for both of these companies, and the phones would be constantly ringing from 9am until 5pm.

Not to shit on skaters too much, but I will say being trained by an inarticulate skate rat is a difficult thing to sit through. That was my first sort of inkling of "fuck, this might suck" in regards to the job. The owner was an uptight prick who was stuck somewhere in between hardass and dumbass, but either way his head was up his butt in regards to going-ons in the industry. The staff in the office was great, and incredibly patient seeing as they had to deal with this ex-wallstreet-turned-skate-dude-asshole day in and day out.

There was a warehouse attached to the office and brick and mortar store so that inventory online could be fetched if locals saw something that they liked on the site and wanted to pick it up in store. The warehouse staff was also great, a bunch of skaters running around a too-full warehouse pulling and shipping orders 8 hours a day. They'd get burnt and be kind of abrasive sometimes, but what do you expect. It was cold as shit in there and the boss man treated them like they were a different species than the office staff. Literally like the relationship between the office and the warehouse on the show The Office, but with a lot more profanity.

Incoming calls to the company could go a few different ways. There were the ever-impatient kids who are accustomed to being instantly validated on their phones who were calling to see where their package was. There were the moms freaking out because little Jimmy's birthday is rapidly approaching and they NEED their Santa Cruz x Ninja Turtles whatever the fuck complete. There were longboard techies who seemingly just wanted to talk about specs and get across to me that they did something other than sit on the couch. And there were, as always, the customers calling to "see where the fuck my package is". Customers had a very difficult time comprehending the concept that we would give packages to a third party such as FedEX, who is then responsible for delivering the shit. If it gets stolen, that sucks. If it gets lost, call FedEx. I can't help you. This concept seemed absolutely lost on 90% of callers, and always resulted in me getting an earful. My boss, and the owner of the company, sat directly across from me in his office and we were separated by a thin sheet of glass. Micro management became a gigantic pain in the ass, and my tone and choice of words were constantly being reevaluated and checked by his squirrel-like brain.

The breaking point came around holiday time (of course). Customers are tripping because their packages are scheduled to arrive on the 26th etc., so boss sends a blanket email to guarantee delivery by Christmas day. Of course, this is complete bullshit. He simply wanted to buy himself wiggle room while knowing that I would catch the backlash for his lack of responsibility. I was so neck deep in phone calls and work at the time that I didn't have the capacity to put it all together - when I finally did, I demanded answers and was sharply cut down in front of the office staff. It was hilarious at the time, simply because the idiotic bossman lost his cool and made himself look incredibly weak in front of his very own employees (who already had a dwindling amount of respect for the man).

In that same vein, packages that were lost in transit were never looked into. I was trained to lie to customers and tell them that we are filing a claim with the shipping company, and that they should call us back in 7 days if it didn't show. Once we hung up the phone, there was no further part of the process. They truly did not give a fuck about the customer. 

Anyway, come the new year I come in to the office and am promptly let go, due to this, that and the third. Some muttered explanation about how I communicated with customers etc. Not really relevant to my experience.

There was a trend of letting go people who could have been of value to the company. When I was first on boarded, a friend who worked at the company was promptly let go in what may have been the stupidest decision I've ever seen in the professional world. The friend of mine was the face of the brand, and was damn good at it too. Think of Tony the Tiger getting fired from Kellogg.

The worst part of the entire experience was that it made me hate skateboarding. I hated the attitudes of the callers, their parents, and their insane attachment to stupid material things. Screaming or crying over the phone because your Globe Fusion's or Primitive Dragonball Z shit is going to arrive a day late does not seem justifiable, but maybe that's just me. I stopped skating for the most part, as after work I would find myself trying to numb myself and not think about having to go in the next day. I would stay up far too late because if I slept, I would wake up and have to go be verbally abused for 8 hours. I actually ended up seeing a therapist for a short time as the job was absolutely affecting my state of mind.

To lighten the mood, there were a few frequent themes of the calls that probably seem absurd to people who actually skate:

- people calling because the top ply is a different color than what's shown on the site
- people calling because they didn't get an extra set of laces
- people calling because their free grip was a little wrinkled upon arrival
- people calling because their grip job was fucked up (time to learn how to grip your own shit, I guess)
- people calling to place orders over the goddamn phone because they don't have internet (mostly southerners, I'm sorry it's just how it was)

Hopefully this didn't ruffle too many feathers, I just wanted to shed light on working in skating, directly interacting with other people may or may not skate, who just want their shit that they ordered on their phone while taking a dump. I hope that this was a fun read!

slippy

« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2019, 11:13:38 AM »
CCS? I'll take my answer off the air

authentic_creed_bratton

• Rep: 36
« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2019, 11:24:35 AM »
this must be ccs/daddies
🤙

computerdate

• I hope they keep down the price of gas
« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2019, 12:50:08 AM »
I guess the worst overall might be when I worked in a warehouse for a couple of weeks. I wasn’t particularly spoiled but I was not prepared for it at all. I had to get up well before sunrise, drive a long ways, and start work at 6 a.m., got out at 2 p.m. It consisted of unloading trucks for the most part. I wasn’t conditioned to doing manual labor like that, after the first day I thought I was going to pass out driving home. I had never been so fatigued. I felt absolutely miserable. In the following days I got a bit more used to the physical aspects of it, but I couldn’t get used to it mentally. Not to get too deep, but you really get a sense of what it’s like to be basically an automaton, utterly replaceable, a faceless number among hundreds of others. It was in an industrial zone that stretched out for miles with nothing but warehouses exactly like it. It was depressing to go there every day, and meet people twice my age, in their 40s, 50s, even 60s still working these backbreaking temp jobs, because it was the only work they could get (I mean that in a sympathetic way). I met a few honestly cool, decent people but it wasn’t a good time. I don’t mean to put my bullshit on others, I know some dudes are fine with working these jobs but I personally couldn’t handle it. Luckily I got hired at a slightly more tolerable non-manual labor job after a month so I could quit. Quitting was a 2 minute phone conversation and I never heard from them again. I’m glad I had that experience though, it really gave me some perspective.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 12:55:38 AM by computerdate »

SSBS1080CBBSNP

« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2019, 01:56:37 AM »
I’ve seen/worked in some wild kitchen and hospital conditions. Try my best to keep things sanitized or sterile, but shit ya never know. There’s always bound to be a contaminated batch in the bunch at some point. Just hope somebody cares or knows enough to catch a problem before consumption or treatment/surgery.

MC Solaar

• Rep: 2
« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2019, 02:46:57 AM »
I guess the worst overall might be when I worked in a warehouse for a couple of weeks. I wasn’t particularly spoiled but I was not prepared for it at all. I had to get up well before sunrise, drive a long ways, and start work at 6 a.m., got out at 2 p.m. It consisted of unloading trucks for the most part. I wasn’t conditioned to doing manual labor like that, after the first day I thought I was going to pass out driving home. I had never been so fatigued. I felt absolutely miserable. In the following days I got a bit more used to the physical aspects of it, but I couldn’t get used to it mentally. Not to get too deep, but you really get a sense of what it’s like to be basically an automaton, utterly replaceable, a faceless number among hundreds of others. It was in an industrial zone that stretched out for miles with nothing but warehouses exactly like it. It was depressing to go there every day, and meet people twice my age, in their 40s, 50s, even 60s still working these backbreaking temp jobs, because it was the only work they could get (I mean that in a sympathetic way). I met a few honestly cool, decent people but it wasn’t a good time. I don’t mean to put my bullshit on others, I know some dudes are fine with working these jobs but I personally couldn’t handle it. Luckily I got hired at a slightly more tolerable non-manual labor job after a month so I could quit. Quitting was a 2 minute phone conversation and I never heard from them again. I’m glad I had that experience though, it really gave me some perspective.

I feel you man, I worked in the UK in a warehouse for like 4 months because I couldn't get any other work. I worked the night shift from midnight until 8am, and seeing all the people in their late 40's early 50's turning up to work the same job as me as I left the mill was pretty depressing. It really did make me realise that I should sort my shit out though, and it paid better than day work (made 9 quid an hour instead of 8.50 or something) but likewise, it gave me a great deal of perspective.

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 321
« Reply #52 on: December 04, 2019, 06:03:53 AM »
Casino dealer

Having to take drunk peoples money and deal with the vibes all night.

Having to concentrate hard on the cards, the math, the payouts, and how your hands move (as everything is monitored by 6 cameras) and if you make a small mistake, the customers’ leap down your throat or swear at you in Chinese (anyone abusing a dealer in English thankfully gets warnings from security).

I fucking loathed it.
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 481
« Reply #53 on: December 04, 2019, 06:45:37 AM »
Beer delivery for sure

worked at this distributor for 2 months immediately after graduating college. it was super stressful trying to balance the job with looking for real work that could pay back my student loans when the six month grace period ended. on a good day, I'd get tossed in a truck that someone else loaded and spend the day on the road with easy drop offs. Sometimes the bar owners would want us to tap and rotate keg stock in their basements which seemed out of scope, but the boss back at the shop would promise these customers anything to keep the distro running on razor thin margins. most of the employees were straight out of prison. the forklift driver was a beat red alcoholic who would crush a 30 pack of warm beer on the clock daily. On the worst days, you were stuck in the hot as fuck warehouse taking single cans from the broken case pile, ringing them into 6 packs to re-sell. either that or standing in a freezer crushing big blocks of ice into chunks to bag and sell. more than a few times out on delivery this one driverwould shoot heroin in a restaurant's bathroom while i waited with the customers to sign the invoice that was crumpled in his pocket. the smartest dude there was a guy who ran a scam to keep the keg deposits @ $40 a pop. when he explained it to me, i immediately found a few reasons it wouldn't work but he said as long as you kept it to a few kegs a day no one would notice. they never seemed to so maybe i should have joined him. ultimately walked off the job and had to go back 2 weeks later to stand in the office doorway for 15 minutes before someone would acknowledge my presence and give me my last paycheck. the boss's son would disappear into the bathroom for an hour and come out pilled up beyond belief. days where he would run the show he would send out trucks with single kegs or cases on them across town. I've got a thousand stories about that place and i was there for ~50 days. It was 6 days a week and you got paid $10 an hour for 8 hours even if you worked 10 or 12. it seemed like half the guys there had been doing the job 10+ years and the other half would be replaced every few days.

I truly think every young man should work a job like that for a month or two just to see how bad life can get if you fuck up.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 06:47:52 AM by sharkin »

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 429
« Reply #54 on: December 04, 2019, 07:10:02 AM »

I have been in warehousing/supply chain/logistics/whatever you want to call it for like 16 years now. Started out as a grunt on the floor, made my way into a management level about 5 years ago. Once you get off the docks into other departments it gets a little better. My time at UPS was as you described, I was pretty much just a line on a spreadsheet even as management. I left that shit and came back to the company I worked at right out of high school. It really depends on the company you work for I truly enjoy my job, I have a great team that reports to me and have the highest retention rate for employees in our building. It really comes down to management styles, I treat everyone fair, get to know my employees, actually invest in them. I'm not coming down on them all fucking day. I trust but verify, I delegate the tasks and trust they will get the work done and come to me if there are obstacles. We are a somewhat luxury brand and pay pretty well, that might also play a part. Our days aren't typically the same day after day, new stuff popping up to tackle keeps it fresh enough.

Anyway, worst job I have done is running a vending machine route. The money on paper was good but it wasn't worth it at all. Battling traffic, dealing with people ready to fight you over losing a dollar in the machine, waking up early as fuck cause you have to be out of your first stop by 4am. I will never take another job that requires driving and is salary. Some days were 4 hours and some were 16, just wasn't worth it.
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

4LOM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 156
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #55 on: December 04, 2019, 03:03:08 PM »
First job out of college was working at a dog kennel.
My girlfriend at the time was really cool, she waited until after I stopped working there to mention I smelled like dog shit all the time

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
« Reply #56 on: December 10, 2019, 08:13:24 AM »
Working for a furniture repairman. Involved tons of nasty chemicals and dust. The guy was incredibly disorganized. He shorted me money on a job so I just never came back.

At least I learned some valuable life lessons and can spot a bullshitter much easier now.

He called me up out of the blue after 4 years to see if I wanted to be contracted to do some fine painting work on an old piece. Hahahaha. Nah. "Have any artist friends who want the work?" Sure I'll ask. Never asked. I would never do that to anyone.
Handsome debonair fella, Got the Mellow Yellow bezel, Black rims on the Phantom same color Dr. Pepper.

WastedHippy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #57 on: December 10, 2019, 12:30:59 PM »
My girlfriend at the time was really cool, she waited until after I stopped working there to mention I smelled like dog shit all the time

You should have held onto her, putting up with that smell and keeping it to herself all that time haha

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 289
« Reply #58 on: December 10, 2019, 06:26:22 PM »

I work at a daycare/kennel right now and its fucking crazy. We average like 120 dogs a day.

tranny in the streets

• Rep: 12
  • Gronk
« Reply #59 on: December 10, 2019, 06:53:52 PM »
I worked in a kitchen for about 3 months for a Japanese restaurant as part of a probation order. The manager was a dumb bitch who always had something to say just because she knew I had something to lose if I fuck up, she would always say 'I can tell your officer if you do (this or that)'. I'm not a fucking criminal and she treated me like dirt. Towards the end I started not caring at all, especially when I got a new job lined up (had to work that shitty job for at least 3 months before I could leave) and on the last day I went massively passive aggro and ghosted just as the restaurant was getting crazy busy close to the time I could clock off. Fuck that place and that bitch of a manager. Thankfully that's all behind me now.

Now I work in a hostel, and it's super chill and I get to meet interesting people all the time. I pretty much live here now (it's smack in the middle of the city) and it's right across the street from the best 'bar' in the city and a 3 minute skate to our country's answer to Pulaski, great for warm ups before cruising and mucking around on different spots. It's shit pay and I'm living paycheck to paycheck but it's awesome otherwise. My boss can be kind of a dick sometimes, but never having to commute, living in the centre and being able to street skate all the time and wake up 10 minutes before work starts is something I very much appreciate and enjoy!