Author Topic: Kader on w33d / fuck jeff wonsong  (Read 18932 times)

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 863
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Kader on w33d / fuck jeff wonsong
« Reply #120 on: December 04, 2019, 11:03:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I don’t think he’s going to be the revolutionary skate prodigy that Andrew aspired for him to be.
[close]

That's basically the main issue I have with the Boss's recent decisions.  Has a fucking ripper in Frankie Heck on flow, yet puts Zach Allen of all fucking people on the team, then turns young and inexperienced and unready teenager Kader pro for Baker, only for him to put out a mediocre Supreme/FA style part.  And if it's not his skating that's supposed to be the draw for him, it should be his personality right? Well everything I see recently just shows me he's becoming more and more insufferable. Probably do to the inflated ego he has due to Boss's well meaning but irrational decisions with the Baker brand.
[close]
First off, no one Andrew Reynolds put on Baker at a young age ever turned into a revolutionary skate prodigy - Herman, Spanky, Theotis, Braydon, etc. are all talented skaters who were sponsored at a young age and went on to have long and successful careers, but nothing I'd call "revolutionary" or "prodigal." I don't really see why Kader is having the role of "revolutionary skate prodigy" pushed onto him by his critics. Definitely a double standard.

Second off, Frankie Heck is a fucking twenty-seven-year old man am who no one heard of before that Shake Junt part earlier this year and who likely has another five years left in his career (at best, if we're being realistic). On the other hand, Kader is still in his teens, progressing pretty rapidly, and and has no problem stacking footage, which (hopefully) equates to a longer career, more exposure and relatability among kids (and possibly POC), and a better payoff for his sponsors. Seems pretty obvious to me.

I honestly cannot believe the concepts of marketability and long-term investments are seriously lost on some of you.
[close]

You're right but I still don't see why Zach Allen is on Baker

to make everyone else look that much better. think pretty girl with ugly best friend
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

BH

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 27
« Reply #121 on: December 04, 2019, 11:15:00 AM »
Ever since I saw that Kader "out there" from Thrasher I can't look at him the same.  He seems like an insufferable twat. He literally talks/sounds like Clark Peters from King of the Hill.  If you know, you know. 

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #122 on: December 04, 2019, 11:17:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I don’t think he’s going to be the revolutionary skate prodigy that Andrew aspired for him to be.
[close]

That's basically the main issue I have with the Boss's recent decisions.  Has a fucking ripper in Frankie Heck on flow, yet puts Zach Allen of all fucking people on the team, then turns young and inexperienced and unready teenager Kader pro for Baker, only for him to put out a mediocre Supreme/FA style part.  And if it's not his skating that's supposed to be the draw for him, it should be his personality right? Well everything I see recently just shows me he's becoming more and more insufferable. Probably do to the inflated ego he has due to Boss's well meaning but irrational decisions with the Baker brand.
[close]
First off, no one Andrew Reynolds put on Baker at a young age ever turned into a revolutionary skate prodigy - Herman, Spanky, Theotis, Braydon, etc. are all talented skaters who were sponsored at a young age and went on to have long and successful careers, but nothing I'd call "revolutionary" or "prodigal." I don't really see why Kader is having the role of "revolutionary skate prodigy" pushed onto him by his critics. Definitely a double standard.

Second off, Frankie Heck is a fucking twenty-seven-year old man am who no one heard of before that Shake Junt part earlier this year and who likely has another five years left in his career (at best, if we're being realistic). On the other hand, Kader is still in his teens, progressing pretty rapidly, and and has no problem stacking footage, which (hopefully) equates to a longer career, more exposure and relatability among kids (and possibly POC), and a better payoff for his sponsors. Seems pretty obvious to me.

I honestly cannot believe the concepts of marketability and long-term investments are seriously lost on some of you.
[close]

You're right but I still don't see why Zach Allen is on Baker
Let it be known that I am in no way defending Zach Allen, who should absolutely not be sponsored.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

SHIREFLIP

« Reply #123 on: December 04, 2019, 11:22:14 AM »
Ever since I saw that Kader "out there" from Thrasher I can't look at him the same.  He seems like an insufferable twat. He literally talks/sounds like Clark Peters from King of the Hill.  If you know, you know.

This guy?

BH

• Rep: 27
« Reply #124 on: December 04, 2019, 11:24:34 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

This guy?

Hahaha yeah.  I just can't unhear it

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1323
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #125 on: December 04, 2019, 12:52:46 PM »
Fuck now I hear it too
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #126 on: December 04, 2019, 02:15:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Most of your points are valid, but I will say people had heard of Frankie Heck before. He was fully on Expedition before it went to complete shit.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #127 on: December 04, 2019, 02:17:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
Most of your points are valid, but I will say people had heard of Frankie Heck before. He was fully on Expedition before it went to complete shit.
Had a full welcome part too

Soft Boiled

• Rep: 21
« Reply #128 on: December 04, 2019, 02:40:00 PM »
This interview kinda made Kader seem like a dipshit, but he is quite young, and for being thrust into the spotlight at his age, he’s handling it pretty well. At least he’s not Baby Scumbag.

As far as the Boss goes, I don’t question his motives for turning him pro so soon, and keeping guys like Nuge on after cutting Dee and CJ. Drew has always been good at recognizing talent, potential, and marketability. His company has stayed relevant at a time when most brands that peaked a decade ago are struggling to stay afloat. I’m sure whatever roster decisions he makes will be beneficial for the brand in the long run. Deathwish is a different story. I don’t see that lasting too much longer.

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1223
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #129 on: December 04, 2019, 03:00:27 PM »
this is the epitome of slap. 30 year olds talking shit about what a 17 year old pro skater says in an interview.

Squidbeeksmuth

• Rep: -297
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #130 on: December 04, 2019, 03:28:39 PM »
I still think this is all about Kaders cute looking mouth. The face shots in baker 4 with the nice braces, the lips open with that confused kind of stare. We invest so much into the mouth of a young African American skateboarder who rides for Baker just because the BOSS says so.

"get fucked, racist red pill incel scum" - Nice lil outrage bro, 4 more years

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3329
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #131 on: December 04, 2019, 03:40:27 PM »
I still think this is all about Kaders cute looking mouth. The face shots in baker 4 with the nice braces, the lips open with that confused kind of stare. We invest so much into the mouth of a young African American skateboarder who rides for Baker just because the BOSS says so.

You win the edgy comment of the week award I guess.

SHIREFLIP

« Reply #132 on: December 04, 2019, 04:29:12 PM »

I'm coming out and being honest on slap, kader might just be a flop in the next few years... He sells because of a combination with his skin color and being picked up on baker. ALSO weirdly enough everyone is in love with his mouth, the way he hangs it open with that fore fronted smirk where you can see his braces n shit. People go crazy over that

A weird pattern emerges.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
« Reply #133 on: December 04, 2019, 04:31:05 PM »
Expand Quote
yall talk shit about kader all the time about his "manners" but your favourite team ever was early baker gtfoh
[close]
I’m worried that Baker is building the future of their brand around Kader, when in the past they focused on such upstanding skateboarders like pre-sobriety Jim Greco, Antwuan Dixon, and Braydon Szafranski.

Switch_fsflip_noseslide

• Rep: -27
  • Nobody steals from Creed Bratton
« Reply #134 on: December 04, 2019, 04:52:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Wtf is up with Kader and then Thrasher running it, "Yeah I fucked this Hawaiian bitch." So much disrespect. Met at Aala, fucked in the car at Sand Point how is anyone supposed to believe it was a girl.
[close]

is it more disrespectful than your corny homophobic dig at the end there?

absolutely love that he put Cody Davis on blast out of nowhere.
[close]

There's hella tranny prostitutes in China Town. Hawaiian bitch sounds so racist and derogatory.

Micro aggression!
"Giovanni Reda sleeps with the fishes"

ColinYourAssOut

• Rep: 13
« Reply #135 on: December 04, 2019, 05:01:34 PM »
You can't beat cheeks with weak meat.

Lowcalcium

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #136 on: December 04, 2019, 05:07:39 PM »
I'm in my mid-30's and trust me when I say this....skateboarding is really hard. And I don't like to really hate on anyone.

But when it comes to Jeff DeChesare, I don't enjoy watching him skate. It's not my style of choice. So I back Kader on this one.

swordtechnique

• Rep: -56
« Reply #137 on: December 04, 2019, 06:23:31 PM »
This interview kinda made Kader seem like a dipshit, but he is quite young, and for being thrust into the spotlight at his age, he’s handling it pretty well. At least he’s not Baby Scumbag.

As far as the Boss goes, I don’t question his motives for turning him pro so soon, and keeping guys like Nuge on after cutting Dee and CJ. Drew has always been good at recognizing talent, potential, and marketability. His company has stayed relevant at a time when most brands that peaked a decade ago are struggling to stay afloat. I’m sure whatever roster decisions he makes will be beneficial for the brand in the long run. Deathwish is a different story. I don’t see that lasting too much longer.

With Foy, Hayes, Delfino, Kirby, and Dickson I'm way more hyped on Deathwish than Baker.

Rick_Kane

« Reply #138 on: December 04, 2019, 07:01:51 PM »
Pro skateboarders need to stop talking and just stick to performing tricks like the dumb circus animals they are.

Classy Durag

• Rep: 62
« Reply #139 on: December 04, 2019, 08:00:43 PM »
In the great words of Afroman,

See I met this woman from Hawaii
Stuck it in her ass and she said [Aiee!]
Lips was breakfast, pussy was lunch
Then her titties busted open with Hawaiian Punch

Reed Richards

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #140 on: December 04, 2019, 08:27:51 PM »

I mean Kader is older, but you get the point.
We all were wild and insufferable asses in our teenage years.  This kid is just in the spotlight so it's amplified.  He'll be fine.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #141 on: December 04, 2019, 08:48:43 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

With Foy, Hayes, Delfino, Kirby, and Dickson I'm way more hyped on Deathwish than Baker.

My thoughts exactly. Kick off lizard and neen and deathwish is stacked. I like deathwishs team more than baker even if neen is on there and lizard just isn’t appealing to me.

euro tm

« Reply #142 on: December 04, 2019, 08:51:41 PM »
Pro skateboarders need to stop talking and just stick to performing tricks like the dumb circus animals they are.

ColinYourAssOut

• Rep: 13
« Reply #143 on: December 04, 2019, 09:22:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

My thoughts exactly. Kick off lizard and neen and deathwish is stacked. I like deathwishs team more than baker even if neen is on there and lizard just isn’t appealing to me.

I think Lizard, despite being a kook, could still  pull off a part I'd want to watch.  Meem, on the other hand, is unlikely to do so.
You can't beat cheeks with weak meat.

computerdate

• Rep: 18
  • I hope they keep down the price of gas
« Reply #144 on: December 04, 2019, 11:20:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Not exactly relevant, but I also have to mention Deathwish board graphics and art direction in general have improved a lot. They still put out some clunkers but they used to have some of the most absolutely hideous graphics I’ve ever seen.

Bhaktih

• Rep: -18
« Reply #145 on: December 05, 2019, 01:19:18 AM »
what if Cody Davis gives Kader the smoke now.

Or pine. I would PPV that shit.

swordtechnique

• Rep: -56
« Reply #146 on: December 05, 2019, 01:48:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Yearbook quote inspo for all you young bloods out there (applicable to all ages, honestly):

"Imagine fucking Miranda Cosgrove."
"Fuck it. I lost my virginity to a Hawaiian bitch. Catch me if you can."
[close]

[]D [] []V[] []D

Does he think he's Frosty the Snowman?

Hands down Hass out

• Rep: 3
  • 奇妙な滞在
« Reply #147 on: December 05, 2019, 02:04:02 AM »

WastedHippy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #148 on: December 05, 2019, 02:26:50 AM »

We all were wild and insufferable asses in our teenage years.  This kid is just in the spotlight so it's amplified.  He'll be fine.

I think this is a forgotten fact, we just see more these days but overall nothing has changed except our access to it.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #149 on: December 05, 2019, 04:14:23 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I think this is a forgotten fact, we just see more these days but overall nothing has changed except our access to it.
I’ll see a Facebook status from 15 years ago and feel total embarrassment. I haven’t posted a status in like ten years simply because of seeing the past.