Author Topic: 360 Flip Tips  (Read 1155 times)

rmrodge

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
360 Flip Tips
« on: December 10, 2019, 08:54:43 AM »
I was able to do 360 flips on an 8.1 and 8.25 width board but am having the hardest time landing them on my 8.5.  Anyone have any tips?  Been experimenting with new foot placements. 

Fred Gerwer Frank Gall

Re: 360 Flip Tips
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2019, 09:23:21 AM »
Wheelbase affects my 360 flips more than board width. As for foot placement watch Chico. Try moving the front foot back bit and having it a bit more forward facing. Back foot get those toes on the back corner of the tail.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1291
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2019, 09:43:39 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9q6d-5_px2I
prob the most helpful tip vid I've seen on it. It helped me get them more consistent for sure and I skate a 8.38 to 8.5. My most helpful takeaway is when you scoop your back foot, scoop it back and towards the front foot ever so slightly. Like a diagonal back and forward. And remember to spread the back foot back out immediately after scoop to avoid having your feet super close together when landing.

If getting the big board around is your problem and you don't want to downsize, my main tip is to make sure you're kicking your tail smarter not necessarily harder. What I mean is I tended to flail the board with alot of energy before, but learned that if I focused on getting a clean scoop and really nail the sweet spot on the tail, it rotates no problem. Work on finding that sweet spot and you won't tire yourself out kicking it around. It's a big mental hurdle but it helped me alot.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 09:52:31 AM by camel filters »

rmrodge

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2019, 10:11:37 AM »
Wheelbase affects my 360 flips more than board width. As for foot placement watch Chico. Try moving the front foot back bit and having it a bit more forward facing. Back foot get those toes on the back corner of the tail.

Thank you!  Man I wish I could tre like Chico!  Good call! 

rmrodge

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2019, 10:13:18 AM »
prob the most helpful tip vid I've seen on it. It helped me get them more consistent for sure and I skate a 8.38 to 8.5. My most helpful takeaway is when you scoop your back foot, scoop it back and towards the front foot ever so slightly. Like a diagonal back and forward. And remember to spread the back foot back out immediately after scoop to avoid having your feet super close together when landing.

If getting the big board around is your problem and you don't want to downsize, my main tip is to make sure you're kicking your tail smarter not necessarily harder. What I mean is I tended to flail the board with alot of energy before, but learned that if I focused on getting a clean scoop and really nail the sweet spot on the tail, it rotates no problem. Work on finding that sweet spot and you won't tire yourself out kicking it around. It's a big mental hurdle but it helped me alot.

Ah perfect!  I am at that zap all my energy to flail the board stage.  Thank you!  I'll try some tonight.  Good stuffy homie!   

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1291
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2019, 03:59:55 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Ah perfect!  I am at that zap all my energy to flail the board stage.  Thank you!  I'll try some tonight.  Good stuffy homie!
No problem. It takes some work and I'm no master at it yet, but when I try with this in mind, I'm more consistent.