Author Topic: Gator Paroled  (Read 38228 times)

Vomit Lust

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 83
Gator Paroled
« on: December 10, 2019, 06:15:58 PM »

Soft Boiled

• Rep: 21
Re: Gator Paroled
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2019, 06:21:23 PM »
He’s headed straight back to that double sided red curb from the Stoked doc, in order to finally land those street tricks.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 986
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2019, 06:25:06 PM »
Didn’t see that coming. Bummer.

https://www.10news.com/news/former-pro-skateboarder-convicted-of-rape-and-murder-granted-parole

Article is vague, he's 'suitable for parole" and "being setup for release" but nothing on if he was actually 'Paroled'.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 06:26:51 PM by Xen »

Lord Viper Scorpion

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2019, 06:36:17 PM »
i can see him on krooked

Style Police

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 781
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2019, 06:42:22 PM »
Can't wait for his comeback part...says no one. Fuck Gator.

GoneWithTheSchwinn

• Mods
  • Rep: -9957
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2019, 06:43:54 PM »
The board granted him a parole, it's not final yet. I hope he stays in jail.

BLACK LIVES MATTER
FUCK 12

"Watch out or the gazpacho police will get you!"

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2019, 06:45:11 PM »
Can't wait for his comeback part...says no one. Fuck Gator.
  Like you wouldn't click on that shit!!
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2019, 06:50:29 PM »
This dude should not be free to walk around society. Surprised he got out considering his crime and the likelihood of a violent sexual predator re-offending.

os89

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1177
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2019, 06:55:46 PM »
"Commissioner Brian Roberts said the panel took several factors into consideration, including Rogowski’s remorse for the crime, lack of significant criminal history, good behavior in custody, and rehabilitation programs he has completed during his 27 years in prison.

Roberts said the panel also put significant weight on a new law that gives added leniency to “youthful offenders” who commit crimes before the age of 26."

Lack of significant criminal history... he fucking killed someone, you should not be let out period, I don't care how old you were. Fucking idiot law makers.

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2019, 06:58:49 PM »
fuck gator

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

paraquat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 200
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2019, 07:00:02 PM »
Too bad he’s not in Alabama.

Vomit Lust

• Rep: 83
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2019, 07:00:32 PM »

Article is vague, he's 'suitable for parole" and "being setup for release" but nothing on if he was actually 'Paroled'.

You’re right. The headline is kind of misleading if the process isn’t done. Hopefully there’s some kind of check in place that stops him from getting out.

I’m not of the opinion that every murderer should be executed or put away for life, but with the sexual assault and the hours long torture aspects of what he did it’s pretty clear he’s not fit for society.

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2019, 07:03:49 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

You’re right. The headline is kind of misleading if the process isn’t done. Hopefully there’s some kind of check in place that stops him from getting out.

I’m not of the opinion that every murderer should be executed or put away for life, but with the sexual assault and the hours long torture aspects of what he did it’s pretty clear he’s not fit for society.

He's not out for sure. The D.A is appealing.
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

Cuban_Lynx

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2019, 07:09:33 PM »

doublesteveburger

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2019, 07:14:58 PM »
I dated that girl he murdered’s best friends sister. Was always strange to see photos of Brandi when I’d visit.

Chavo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2019, 07:19:45 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

He was granted parole. In California, it goes to the Parole Board for review, then the governor has a chance to veto the decision if the Parole Board agrees. The past several governors, regardless of politics, have denied high profile murder paroles (ex, all Manson murder parolees have been reversed).

Rick_Kane

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2019, 07:28:33 PM »
i can see him on krooked

He's still on Vision. They've been selling his board this whole time, but weaseled out of paying royalties by removing his real name from the deck. Think they did the same with the Mark Gonzales deck. Fuck Gator and Vision.

andocom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2019, 07:57:36 PM »
"Commissioner Brian Roberts said the panel took several factors into consideration, including Rogowski’s remorse for the crime, lack of significant criminal history, good behavior in custody, and rehabilitation programs he has completed during his 27 years in prison.

Roberts said the panel also put significant weight on a new law that gives added leniency to “youthful offenders” who commit crimes before the age of 26."

Lack of significant criminal history... he fucking killed someone, you should not be let out period, I don't care how old you were. Fucking idiot law makers.

Obviously in this context that means criminal history prior to the incident in question.

Also in regards to anyone who has killed someone never being released, does that extend to drunk drivers, bar fights, what about self defense?

He has spent 27 years in prison, its not like it is a particularly short period, more than most murders I would imagine.

corto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -115
  • Chewy, Worrest, Trahan, Tuna, Hjalte, TJ
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2019, 08:14:09 PM »
Someone should create a company called Tabu Skateboards and put all the worst dudes in skateboarding on the team: the nazis, pedos, murderers, brick throwers etc.

no habla mango

• Rep: -63
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2019, 08:38:12 PM »
Someone should create a company called Tabu Skateboards and put all the worst dudes in skateboarding on the team: the nazis, pedos, murderers, brick throwers etc.
dead end vinny owns it and genital jones rides for it.

ArtVandelay

« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2019, 09:04:33 PM »
Use a skate, go to prison

patrick c.

• Rep: 23
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2019, 09:27:27 PM »
Also in regards to anyone who has killed someone never being released, does that extend to drunk drivers, bar fights, what about self defense
Not everyone who has killed someone deserves life in prison but people who assault, rape, murder and put someone’s body in a surfboard bag probably do deserve life in prison.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 09:31:59 PM by patrick c. »
All you got is today, get out and skate.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2019, 09:31:20 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Obviously in this context that means criminal history prior to the incident in question.

Also in regards to anyone who has killed someone never being released, does that extend to drunk drivers, bar fights, what about self defense?

He has spent 27 years in prison, its not like it is a particularly short period, more than most murders I would imagine.
Big difference. Those crimes are generally done due to stupidity and not with the level of malice of what Gator did. Gator essentially kidnapped, violently assaulted, then raped, and finally murdered that poor girl. I don't want anyone doing that walking free among society. I'm not saying murders shouldn't ever be released, as I do believe people can be rehabilitated. I'm just not sure the type of people who commit the types of crimes Gator did can be. It takes a certain level of evil within a human to do what he did. This isn't some dumb kid caught up in a ganglife, or a drunk kid making a mistake. This is about a man kidnapping his ex-girlfriends friend, violently raping her, then stuffing her in a surf bag and finally suffocating her to death.

swordtechnique

• Rep: -56
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2019, 09:33:17 PM »
Feed him to the gators!

dooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2019, 09:43:21 PM »
Fuck Gator and anyone who backs him in any way. They've already wasted money feeding his ass for years. It's too bad the victim's family didn't get to choose his fate.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2019, 09:54:55 PM »
Fuck Gator and anyone who backs him in any way. They've already wasted money feeding his ass for years. It's too bad the victim's family didn't get to choose his fate.
  Tf?  Who's"backing" him?  Edit i get it, when someone chimes in to remind people of some basic truth, -that means theyre "backing" him.  Ok
« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 09:58:02 PM by givecigstosurfgroms »
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

hangontoyourego

« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2019, 09:55:23 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
dead end vinny owns it and genital jones rides for it.
What did dead end Vinny do ?

satan

• Rep: 38
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2019, 10:22:04 PM »
Expand Quote
i can see him on krooked
[close]

He's still on Vision. They've been selling his board this whole time, but weaseled out of paying royalties by removing his real name from the deck. Think they did the same with the Mark Gonzales deck. Fuck Gator and Vision.
Idk. Think the 1st graphic says "Vision" and the 2nd says "Gator"
Wasn't there a thread recently about another guest board?

computerdate

• Rep: 18
  • I hope they keep down the price of gas
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2019, 10:35:14 PM »
That documentary was really good but kind of painted him in a sympathetic light (which maybe wasn’t 100% intentional). But when you consider the shit he did for one second, it’s unforgivable. I believe he probably is remorseful and don’t think he’s likely to reoffend, but it doesn’t matter at this point. As other people have mentioned, it wasn’t just a simple murder, he tortured and raped that girl before killing her. He ruined a lot of people’s lives, I couldn’t imagine being in her family’s shoes. Dying in jail is a small price to pay.

Jagr

• Rep: 116
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2019, 10:35:28 PM »
Wack.