Author Topic: Gator Paroled  (Read 38132 times)

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2153
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
Re: Gator Paroled
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2019, 10:41:37 PM »
I dated that girl he murdered’s best friends sister. Was always strange to see photos of Brandi when I’d visit.

5 Degrees of Mark Ragowski.
Or was that only four.
Nuts.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Owen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 296
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2019, 11:19:03 PM »
If he feels so bad about what he did, he should kill himself. It would save the tax payer the expense of incarcerating him and the stress of the victim's family worrying he will  be released.
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

23aesthetics

« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2019, 11:37:33 PM »
Welcome to CA, vote Dem, don't ask questions, don't complain.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2019, 12:16:38 AM »
That documentary was really good but kind of painted him in a sympathetic light (which maybe wasn’t 100% intentional). But when you consider the shit he did for one second, it’s unforgivable. I believe he probably is remorseful and don’t think he’s likely to reoffend, but it doesn’t matter at this point. As other people have mentioned, it wasn’t just a simple murder, he tortured and raped that girl before killing her. He ruined a lot of people’s lives, I couldn’t imagine being in her family’s shoes. Dying in jail is a small price to pay.
  Sure but the law is about president.  If most other (white) people with his conviction (quasi pre meditated rape torture murder with no prior record)  recieved similar treament judicially then thats the bar.   (I say "white" cause especially the US judicial sys. Is systematically racist.)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2019, 12:20:56 AM by givecigstosurfgroms »
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Tidal

• Rep: 7
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2019, 12:24:54 AM »
“Today we are back with a special, special, special guest”

Chavo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 217
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2019, 12:46:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
i can see him on krooked
[close]

He's still on Vision. They've been selling his board this whole time, but weaseled out of paying royalties by removing his real name from the deck. Think they did the same with the Mark Gonzales deck. Fuck Gator and Vision.
[close]
Idk. Think the 1st graphic says "Vision" and the 2nd says "Gator"
Wasn't there a thread recently about another guest board?

Gator's name has been removed for the first (Vision) board only. Vision has been reissuing subsequent models with his name. The weasel part is Dorfman making them in the first place.

swordtechnique

• Rep: -56
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2019, 12:56:33 AM »
“Today we are back with a special, special, special guest”

Oh man I would just love to hear the hard-hitting questions crob would ask gator In a very special post prison 9 club interview.

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1466
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2019, 01:00:10 AM »
must have found jesus in there (he steals hub caps from cars, hey can I borrow your crowbar?)

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2019, 01:14:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
"Commissioner Brian Roberts said the panel took several factors into consideration, including Rogowski’s remorse for the crime, lack of significant criminal history, good behavior in custody, and rehabilitation programs he has completed during his 27 years in prison.

Roberts said the panel also put significant weight on a new law that gives added leniency to “youthful offenders” who commit crimes before the age of 26."

Lack of significant criminal history... he fucking killed someone, you should not be let out period, I don't care how old you were. Fucking idiot law makers.
[close]

Obviously in this context that means criminal history prior to the incident in question.

Also in regards to anyone who has killed someone never being released, does that extend to drunk drivers, bar fights, what about self defense?

He has spent 27 years in prison, its not like it is a particularly short period, more than most murders I would imagine.
[close]
Big difference. Those crimes are generally done due to stupidity and not with the level of malice of what Gator did. Gator essentially kidnapped, violently assaulted, then raped, and finally murdered that poor girl. I don't want anyone doing that walking free among society. I'm not saying murders shouldn't ever be released, as I do believe people can be rehabilitated. I'm just not sure the type of people who commit the types of crimes Gator did can be. It takes a certain level of evil within a human to do what he did. This isn't some dumb kid caught up in a ganglife, or a drunk kid making a mistake. This is about a man kidnapping his ex-girlfriends friend, violently raping her, then stuffing her in a surf bag and finally suffocating her to death.
[close]

Is there other kinds of assault?
I dunno, there is something called sexual assault in the criminal code, and I mean, there is also something called verbally assaulting someone which isn't part of the criminal code.

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1177
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2019, 03:05:49 AM »
Expand Quote
"Commissioner Brian Roberts said the panel took several factors into consideration, including Rogowski’s remorse for the crime, lack of significant criminal history, good behavior in custody, and rehabilitation programs he has completed during his 27 years in prison.

Roberts said the panel also put significant weight on a new law that gives added leniency to “youthful offenders” who commit crimes before the age of 26."

Lack of significant criminal history... he fucking killed someone, you should not be let out period, I don't care how old you were. Fucking idiot law makers.
[close]

Obviously in this context that means criminal history prior to the incident in question.

Also in regards to anyone who has killed someone never being released, does that extend to drunk drivers, bar fights, what about self defense?

He has spent 27 years in prison, its not like it is a particularly short period, more than most murders I would imagine.

Obviously I meant a violent murder, like others have pointed out, and not an accident or self defense.

Donald Rump

« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2019, 04:01:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
i can see him on krooked
[close]

He's still on Vision. They've been selling his board this whole time, but weaseled out of paying royalties by removing his real name from the deck. Think they did the same with the Mark Gonzales deck. Fuck Gator and Vision.
[close]
Idk. Think the 1st graphic says "Vision" and the 2nd says "Gator"
Wasn't there a thread recently about another guest board?
[close]

Gator's name has been removed for the first (Vision) board only. Vision has been reissuing subsequent models with his name. The weasel part is Dorfman making them in the first place.

My understanding is when they did the first run of the spiral 2 reissues they had "Mark Rogowski Pro Model" included in the Gator box, I think it was his family that got a cease and desist and only maybe 200 of these were produced. I don't think the spiral 2 ever just had Vision in the box, it has always said Gator. The reissue spiral 1 or first version of the graphic and shape has always said Vision instead of Gator.

I guess they can use Gator even though it may be viewed as being in poor taste.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1240
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2019, 04:01:52 AM »
How long until his Nine Club?

“So how was your first day in the chow line bro?  Were you tripping?“
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1035
« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2019, 04:28:36 AM »
That documentary was really good but kind of painted him in a sympathetic light (which maybe wasn’t 100% intentional). But when you consider the shit he did for one second, it’s unforgivable. I believe he probably is remorseful and don’t think he’s likely to reoffend, but it doesn’t matter at this point. As other people have mentioned, it wasn’t just a simple murder, he tortured and raped that girl before killing her. He ruined a lot of people’s lives, I couldn’t imagine being in her family’s shoes. Dying in jail is a small price to pay.

I watched Stoked 15 years ago when it came out and then again about 2 years ago and I would argue it shows him as a sociopath. He seems to have no ability to make friends and is a pathological liar. When describing the murder he tries to say all the right things but comes off as calculated and hollow. They should actually play the interview in Stoked at the hearing to show how manipulative he is.

cookiecuttersuburb

• Rep: -17
« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2019, 04:39:37 AM »
Gator of prison

How long til he’s on Rip Ride Podcast?

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 685
« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2019, 04:42:10 AM »
I still remember his TWS interview back when he tried to re-invent himself as Mark Anthony and just how fucking strange it was. I wonder if it was weird because I was young and not fully able to process it or if it was weird because he was a psycho who would commit murder not long after publication...

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2019, 04:46:00 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I watched Stoked 15 years ago when it came out and then again about 2 years ago and I would argue it shows him as a sociopath. He seems to have no ability to make friends and is a pathological liar. When describing the murder he tries to say all the right things but comes off as calculated and hollow. They should actually play the interview in Stoked at the hearing to show how manipulative he is.
The court transcript at the end is chilling. Hope this dude never gets out.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1177
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2019, 04:59:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
The court transcript at the end is chilling. Hope this dude never gets out.

Exactly, he is insane. Then we have this guy who thinks 27 years might be enough apparently.

Coco Santiagos Kitten

« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2019, 05:00:36 AM »
Surely, there's no way he could even skate anymore anyway, but I wonder how many old guys would buy a Gator board if someone were to put him on a team.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2019, 05:06:02 AM »
Can someone with tech skills maybe make a petition to keep him in jail?
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

no habla mango

• Rep: -63
« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2019, 05:10:51 AM »
they let the central park 5 out, anything is possible but i doubt gator will get freed.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 471
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #50 on: December 11, 2019, 05:22:28 AM »
Fuck anyone in the skate industry that supports this cunt in any way

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2019, 05:47:02 AM »
Sigh, I don't advocate him killing himself just seems too easy let him bare that cross he loves soooooo much. So much he needs to never be allowed back in the scene.

Anyone who has killed, raped, abused, or had their hate views printed or video taped. It should be ousted, no questions no halfassed apologies you've done fucked up and shouldn't be welcomed/allowed back with open arms.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2019, 06:22:12 AM by DarthDingusMaximus »
Dueces Bitch's

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2019, 05:48:23 AM »
Sigh, I don't advocate him killing himself so much he needs to never be allowed back in the scene.

Anyone who has killed, raped, abused, or had their hate views should be ousted, no questions no halfassed apologies you've done fucked up and shouldn't be allowed back with open arms.
I believe people who commit those kind of crimes do deserve to die and should kill themselves.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2019, 05:54:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Sigh, I don't advocate him killing himself so much he needs to never be allowed back in the scene.

Anyone who has killed, raped, abused, or had their hate views should be ousted, no questions no halfassed apologies you've done fucked up and shouldn't be allowed back with open arms.
[close]
I believe people who commit those kind of crimes do deserve to die and should kill themselves.
rapists and pedo's I totally agree with your sentiments however it just seems too easy, he needs to bare that cross he clams to love so much

I am not justifying Gator's actions at all, I think it's really going to show the spinelessness of those who would justify and say oh he's paid his debt to society and is rehabilitated

I think as a community and one who wants to have solidarity in the scene at large shouldn't allow this kind of bullshit to get swept under the rug. ala Danny Way, Neal Hendrix, Brian Patch and lastly Gator.

But then again we all know what this community really cares about......... buying yourself in a skate scene albeit Lil Wayne but that's a whole other tangent. 
« Last Edit: December 11, 2019, 06:06:01 AM by DarthDingusMaximus »
Dueces Bitch's

able

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 636
  • omm nom
    • able Skate Mag avatar image
« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2019, 05:56:16 AM »
Surely, there's no way he could even skate anymore anyway, but I wonder how many old guys would buy a Gator board if someone were to put him on a team.
https://www.warehouseskateboards.com/vision-skateboards-mark-gator-rogowski-gator-ii-modern-concave-white-green-old-school-skateboard-deck-10.2x30.5
ableSkateMag.com

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2019, 06:11:19 AM »
This dude gets paroled and Fabian Alomar is locked up? The justice system is so fucked......
« Last Edit: December 11, 2019, 06:20:00 AM by DarthDingusMaximus »
Dueces Bitch's

Coco Santiagos Kitten

« Reply #56 on: December 11, 2019, 06:11:42 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
https://www.warehouseskateboards.com/vision-skateboards-mark-gator-rogowski-gator-ii-modern-concave-white-green-old-school-skateboard-deck-10.2x30.5
I remember seeing those, but I mean something beyond a reissue. Let's say, hypothetically, he gets it back enough to start skating those Legends bowl contests and starts placing. Would people buy that guy's board?

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #57 on: December 11, 2019, 06:15:05 AM »
Can someone with tech skills maybe make a petition to keep him in jail?

"Tech skills".  Like Daewon or Rodney writing a petition? 

Joking, but what Gator did is the worst.  No normal person should even imagine being able to do something like that unless their someone else was in immediate danger, and even then, no torture.

Maybe after 27 years one can be somewhat rehabilitated, but he still did a crime like that.  I spent 3 days in county for a high BAC DUI and it sucked.  I can't imagine 27 years, but he did actually torture and kill someone, so he deserved that and more.  I really hope the skate community does not embrace him at all, even with, "Legend" status. 

Omars_Dad

• Rep: 61
« Reply #58 on: December 11, 2019, 06:16:29 AM »
they let the central park 5 out, anything is possible but i doubt gator will get freed.

central park 5 were innocent though...

Tuff Lover

• Rep: 4
« Reply #59 on: December 11, 2019, 06:17:52 AM »

No tienes cerebro. The central park 5's charges were vacated because some dude confessed and his DNA matched the sample from the victim.