Author Topic: Gator Paroled  (Read 38135 times)

h00man

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 123
Re: Gator Paroled
« Reply #90 on: December 11, 2019, 10:50:13 AM »
If he is granted parole it means he is suitable to be released.  America has such ridiculous prison sentences to begin with. Punishment is irrational. Anyone who says he should be killed, or hopes that he "got his" in prison is really no better than him.

Why? Explain yourself.

Fuck Gator
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

carlomarxxx

• Rep: -26
« Reply #91 on: December 11, 2019, 10:52:22 AM »
Expand Quote
If he is granted parole it means he is suitable to be released.  America has such ridiculous prison sentences to begin with. Punishment is irrational. Anyone who says he should be killed, or hopes that he "got his" in prison is really no better than him.
[close]

Why? Explain yourself.

Fuck Gator

which part?

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -195
« Reply #92 on: December 11, 2019, 10:55:58 AM »

Anders Behring Breivik (guy who killed 77 people) was convicted of mass murder, causing a fatal explosion, and terrorism, and he got the MAXIMUM sentence in Norway, which was only 21 years.

FUCK YOU
not stoked on orcas today. leave the whales alone. big ass black and white motherfuckers. free willy can suck my dick

straight fucking edge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -168
« Reply #93 on: December 11, 2019, 10:57:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Why? Explain yourself.

Fuck Gator
[close]

which part?

how is it that he gets to unjustifiably decide when one person's life ends but doesn't get that same courtesy?
i don't want to link to the channel because is promotes athiesm.

carlomarxxx

« Reply #94 on: December 11, 2019, 10:58:45 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Anders Behring Breivik (guy who killed 77 people) was convicted of mass murder, causing a fatal explosion, and terrorism, and he got the MAXIMUM sentence in Norway, which was only 21 years.

Yes most developed countries have come to the conclusion that longterm prison sentences are useless. America is the anomaly, where they have no problem sentencing a youth to life without parole.

carlomarxxx

« Reply #95 on: December 11, 2019, 11:00:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Why? Explain yourself.

Fuck Gator
[close]

which part?
[close]

how is it that he gets to unjustifiably decide when one person's life ends but doesn't get that same courtesy?

If you think that's wrong then it applies to him too.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
« Reply #96 on: December 11, 2019, 11:02:24 AM »
How long until his Nine Club?

“So how was your first day in the chow line bro?  Were you tripping?“

"But what about your sponsors?!"

straight fucking edge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -168
« Reply #97 on: December 11, 2019, 11:04:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Why? Explain yourself.

Fuck Gator
[close]

which part?
[close]

[close]

If you think that's wrong then it applies to him too.

no.  i think it's pretty justifiable at that point
i don't want to link to the channel because is promotes athiesm.

LordManHammer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #98 on: December 11, 2019, 11:05:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Also read that when he went to jail they found he has severe bipolar disorder. That shit is no joke.
[close]
Someone mentioned on the Mental Illness thread there's 2 types of bipolar disorders and one is more extreme than the other.

Having schizoeffective disorder I am in type 2 category where I am quiet and reserved I'll act out in self harming ways. Then there's type 1 where that person would "snap" lose their shit in a manic episode that could really hurt someone.
[close]
Yep my ex had the one where they snap. Thank god I got out of that bullshit. Probably would have gotten Gator'd by now.
This needs to be the new SHALOM

Gettin' Gator'd in a cuntry Early Cuyler voice
https://youtu.be/V_PQIuCEMpk
Dueces Bitch's

ralf_

• Rep: -32
  • yo
« Reply #99 on: December 11, 2019, 11:06:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Can someone with tech skills maybe make a petition to keep him in jail?
[close]

"Tech skills".  Like Daewon or Rodney writing a petition? 

Joking, but what Gator did is the worst.  No normal person should even imagine being able to do something like that unless their someone else was in immediate danger, and even then, no torture.

Maybe after 27 years one can be somewhat rehabilitated, but he still did a crime like that.  I spent 3 days in county for a high BAC DUI and it sucked.  I can't imagine 27 years, but he did actually torture and kill someone, so he deserved that and more.  I really hope the skate community does not embrace him at all, even with, "Legend" status.
[close]
I'm no psychologist, but I think that to be able to commit something like this, you need to be fucked in the head in a way that doesn't ever get better. Could very well be that he'll never do something like this again, but I think that if he ever ends up in a similar setting, the outcome will be the same.
well ur not a psychologist so fack what u think innit
fun fun fun

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
« Reply #100 on: December 11, 2019, 11:07:51 AM »
makes me think of how many skater are incarcerated  :-[

ralf_

• Rep: -32
  • yo
« Reply #101 on: December 11, 2019, 11:09:33 AM »
makes me think of how many skater are incarcerated  :-[

Lets get prison sk9 Parks going
fun fun fun

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #102 on: December 11, 2019, 11:09:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yes most developed countries have come to the conclusion that longterm prison sentences are useless. America is the anomaly, where they have no problem sentencing a youth to life without parole.
This is a disingenuous stance to take if you're not going to point out the differences between America's prisons and Norway's prisons, of which there are many.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

carlomarxxx

« Reply #103 on: December 11, 2019, 11:14:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
This is a disingenuous stance to take if you're not going to point out the differences between America's prisons and Norway's prisons, of which there are many.

It's not only Norway. Look at sentencing for comparable crimes between the USA and Canada. The USA is the only developed country hat has life without parole.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #104 on: December 11, 2019, 11:15:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

It's not only Norway. Look at sentencing for comparable crimes between the USA and Canada. The USA is the only developed country hat has life without parole.
I'm not disagreeing with you, for the record. Prison systems throughout the rest of the world focus more on rehabilitation instead of punishment, like in America. Just thought it needed to be added.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Ianizyeah

• Rep: -59
« Reply #105 on: December 11, 2019, 11:41:51 AM »
Expand Quote
they let the central park 5 out, anything is possible but i doubt gator will get freed.
[close]
Dude you are fucked, it's this kind of ignorance that makes me sad for the skate scene. Totally kooking it by this statement alone.

Do you grab your stuff when a person of color walks past? or do you put your hand over your girls neck when someone better looking walks past you two?  Or how bout cross the street when some you don't like is walking near you?
Bro shut up dingus. Gator is wack for raping that bitch. You never been to the joint tho there are plenty of killers who are good dudes who could be let out and not hurt any civilians. You can’t just call dude a kook for what he said.

computerdate

• Rep: 18
  • I hope they keep down the price of gas
« Reply #106 on: December 11, 2019, 11:42:16 AM »
Expand Quote
That documentary was really good but kind of painted him in a sympathetic light (which maybe wasn’t 100% intentional). But when you consider the shit he did for one second, it’s unforgivable. I believe he probably is remorseful and don’t think he’s likely to reoffend, but it doesn’t matter at this point. As other people have mentioned, it wasn’t just a simple murder, he tortured and raped that girl before killing her. He ruined a lot of people’s lives, I couldn’t imagine being in her family’s shoes. Dying in jail is a small price to pay.
[close]

I watched Stoked 15 years ago when it came out and then again about 2 years ago and I would argue it shows him as a sociopath. He seems to have no ability to make friends and is a pathological liar. When describing the murder he tries to say all the right things but comes off as calculated and hollow. They should actually play the interview in Stoked at the hearing to show how manipulative he is.

True, I agree with that. I guess what I was trying to say is the tone was quite fun & positive for half of the documentary, then it goes into how vert died and his career went south, he lost his house, girlfriend, turns out he had a bad childhood, etc. so simply as a gut reaction you start to feel for the guy before you, as the viewer, finds out about the details of the crime. I’m not claiming “conspiracy” or anything dumb like that, just thought it was interesting.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2019, 11:44:19 AM by computerdate »

gaunt

• Rep: 104
« Reply #107 on: December 11, 2019, 11:48:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
I'm not disagreeing with you, for the record. Prison systems throughout the rest of the world focus more on rehabilitation instead of punishment, like in America. Just thought it needed to be added.
Yeah, some countries (Norway being one of them) have concentrated efforts to adopt more of a restorative justice model in their approach. Some people will bring up the [21-year] max sentencing for heinous crimes (such as Anders Breivik above) which serves little purpose other than to try and negate the legitimacy of their approach to justice by appealing to people's emotions. It's a moralizing type of statement, and a train of thought which may influence one to refuse to acknowledge positive-affirming data of the successes of this type of justice model in a country like Norway (significant statistics on a macro-level rather than a micro-level).

What it also fails to mention is the data, in a larger context, shows they are much more successful in areas such as recidivism rates, successful reintegration back into society, etc. America, on the other hand, is far more adherent to the values of retributive justice as a theory of punishment - one key difference here probably being that prison is an industry in America. Our rulers prefer poor people to continue being criminals upon release, so that they may get locked up and commodified into working slaves all over again.

https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Kathleen_Daly2/Revisiting-the-relationship-between-retributive-and-restorative-justice.pdf
https://digitalcommons.hope.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=2301&context=faculty_publications
https://digitalcommons.law.seattleu.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1889&context=sjsj

edit: also wanted to say that "If he is granted parole it means he is suitable to be released." is not really a valid argument, given that it's entirely circular. "If he is granted parole it means he's been deemed suitable to be released by the state" is probably all you were saying and i'm being pedantic
« Last Edit: December 11, 2019, 03:35:29 PM by gaunt »

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #108 on: December 11, 2019, 11:56:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
they let the central park 5 out, anything is possible but i doubt gator will get freed.
[close]
Dude you are fucked, it's this kind of ignorance that makes me sad for the skate scene. Totally kooking it by this statement alone.

Do you grab your stuff when a person of color walks past? or do you put your hand over your girls neck when someone better looking walks past you two?  Or how bout cross the street when some you don't like is walking near you?
[close]
Bro shut up dingus. Gator is wack for raping that bitch way to have sympathy for the victim.

You never been to the joint tho there are plenty of killers who are good dudes who could be let out and not hurt any civilians. You can’t just call dude a kook for what he said.
Here's the thing dipshit maybe you can play prison lawyer and drum up some contrived excuse for those that have killed others, but they're there for a reason.

By the way who are you to tell me I haven't been to prison? Just cause I don't wave it like a badge of honor or make every other reference of serving my time in the joint like as if it's something cool you are seriously fucked.
Dueces Bitch's

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #109 on: December 11, 2019, 12:11:13 PM »
I spent time at county jail for skateboarding/trespassing. I shared a cell with domestic violence offenders (among other thangs), and when I told them what I was in for they just laughed.

carlomarxxx

« Reply #110 on: December 11, 2019, 12:17:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]
Yeah, some countries (Norway being one of them) have concentrated efforts to adopt more of a restorative justice model in their approach. Some people will bring up the [21-year] max sentencing for heinous crimes (such as Anders Breivik above) which serves little purpose other than to try and negate the legitimacy of their approach to justice by appealing to people's emotions. It's a moralizing type of statement, and a train of thought which may influence one to refuse to acknowledge positive-affirming data of the successes of this type of justice model in a country like Norway (significant statistics on a macro-level rather than a micro level).

What this fails to mention is the data, from a broader scope, that shows they are much more successful in areas such as recidivism rates, successful reintegration back into society, etc. America, on the other hand, is far more adherent to the values of retributive justice as a theory of punishment - one key difference here probably being that prison is an industry in America. Our rules prefer poor people to continue being criminals upon release, so that they may get locked up and commodified into working slaves all over again.

https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Kathleen_Daly2/Revisiting-the-relationship-between-retributive-and-restorative-justice.pdf
https://digitalcommons.hope.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=2301&context=faculty_publications
https://digitalcommons.law.seattleu.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1889&context=sjsj

edit: also wanted to say that "If he is granted parole it means he is suitable to be released." is not really a valid argument, given that it's entirely circular. "If he is granted parole it means he's been deemed suitable to be released by the state" is probably all you were saying and i'm being pedantic

Yes exactly. Agree with your points.

WastedHippy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #111 on: December 11, 2019, 12:28:37 PM »
Fuck Gator, also forgot he was in that Tom Petty music video, weird thought.

SHIREFLIP

« Reply #112 on: December 11, 2019, 12:44:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Also read that when he went to jail they found he has severe bipolar disorder. That shit is no joke.
[close]
Someone mentioned on the Mental Illness thread there's 2 types of bipolar disorders and one is more extreme than the other.

Having schizoeffective disorder I am in type 2 category where I am quiet and reserved I'll act out in self harming ways. Then there's type 1 where that person would "snap" lose their shit in a manic episode that could really hurt someone.

I think that was me, but what I said was that there is bipolar 1 with alternating depressive and manic states, and bipolar 2 with alternating depressive and hypomanic states. I feel the need to clarify that one is not an exaggerated form of the other, both manic and hypomanic states can be debilitating (and managed), and neither form is more or less likely to make anybody “snap.”

Now will somebody please acknowledge my question about the scent glands?

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 499
« Reply #113 on: December 11, 2019, 01:35:06 PM »

I don't want to say that it's true, but I will say that it's a valid hypothesis.
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #114 on: December 11, 2019, 02:23:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I think that was me, but what I said was that there is bipolar 1 with alternating depressive and manic states, and bipolar 2 with alternating depressive and hypomanic states. I feel the need to clarify that one is not an exaggerated form of the other, both manic and hypomanic states can be debilitating (and managed), and neither form is more or less likely to make anybody “snap.”

Yeah it was you who mentioned the two different types, only reason I mentioned snapping was my bff went batshit after taking bath salts and bit a portion of my face off.

He was later diagnosed with bipolar and psychotic, as he later relapsed with his meds and tried to yank his dick off by sitting in a bathtub for 12+ hours.

This was told to me by my exgf whom is now married to him.

I have seen photos of the aftermath and know what it looks like when someone is tugging on their dick literally trying to yank his dick off it was black and blue from tip to pubic region.
Dueces Bitch's

PsychOut

• Rep: -24
« Reply #115 on: December 11, 2019, 04:48:37 PM »

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 499
« Reply #116 on: December 11, 2019, 05:11:09 PM »
https://youtu.be/fgeSW3QIJZ0

Gotta watch this later.

I know it's VICE, but if you want to read some exceptionally bad "journalism", peep this shit. https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/ex5gqp/gator-is-still-in-jail
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

georgethecat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 636
« Reply #117 on: December 11, 2019, 06:07:20 PM »
Fuck Most Of yall. Kidnapping, raping, killing, burying - Really Not cool. But a Little cool, right? Yall acting like u dont like the Bad guys in the Movies. 27 years jeez. Hope he gets out and gets your asses

I would really like to know what you think the rules are with capitalizing words.

Stephens Lawyer

• Rep: 139
« Reply #118 on: December 11, 2019, 06:19:59 PM »
Bro there Are No rules

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
« Reply #119 on: December 11, 2019, 06:39:25 PM »
Didn’t expect to come here and see police state ass fools spreading misinformation about the Central Park five. Those “confessions” were a complete farce. Those kids were coerced and scapegoated and it’s disgusting.

Not gonna get into the subject of Gator but his crimes were absolutely horrific.  :(
Handsome debonair fella, Got the Mellow Yellow bezel, Black rims on the Phantom same color Dr. Pepper.