Author Topic: (serious) What was your awkward goofy stage or stages?  (Read 2003 times)

LordManHammer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -331
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: (serious) What was your awkward goofy stage or stages?
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2020, 12:38:15 PM »
I think in our 20’s we tried so hard to be edgy that it only comes off as ironic kooky, gear.

Let’s just think about it, Greco and Boulala were really really fucked off o drugs,why any sane person rock that gear, that’s just me.
Dueces Bitch's

WobbleHeadBob

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2020, 01:32:49 PM »
I think in our 20’s we tried so hard to be edgy that it only comes off as ironic kooky, gear.

Let’s just think about it, Greco and Boulala were really really fucked off o drugs,why any sane person rock that gear, that’s just me.

ha your not wrong!
but on the flip side, there was a dude i skated with that wore blue jeans and a plain white tee every day of his high school life and to me he was way weirder than any of us wannabe Grecos / Muskas

Pnw

• Rep: -2
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2020, 01:59:56 PM »
I saw thrill of it all and misled youth in 7th grade so by 8th grade it was all about shoulder length hair, zero shirt and launching over every gap i could find.

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2020, 03:41:37 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

ha your not wrong!
but on the flip side, there was a dude i skated with that wore blue jeans and a plain white tee every day of his high school life and to me he was way weirder than any of us wannabe Grecos / Muskas
I’d rather have had a same look honestly, yeah I’m still in the rocker phase but minus all the tight pants but the vest is still in my chrome bag.
Dueces Bitch's

buns out

• Rep: 3
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2020, 06:53:12 PM »
1992 end of my junior year in high school. I dressed pretty cool for about 5 years then went full goofy boy for close to a year. Size 40 waist burgundy fuct pants, cut off blue etnies raps, some world industries extra large bob t shirt, and a massive green underworld element hoodie. Too make it look worse I was 5’ 10 about 120 lbs and had bleached blonde hair.

Dad_Brains

• Rep: 12
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2020, 11:42:57 PM »
From the early 2000’s right up until getting a professional job around 2010 it was all Tim Armstrong and lars frederiksen style for me. Think I got sick of looking like a dirty punk whilst trying to go to nice looking places due to having a good income. Funnily enough I stopped dressing so much like that but also stopped going to nice looking places as they were all bullshit

blackshi503

• Rep: 0
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2020, 12:14:03 AM »
Bright green Color hat with a flat bill, cut off Dickies and pulled up tube socks, with a Dockers golf shirt....Light blue Converse One Stars...Sophmore year 1994....I should add I went to a redneck high school....those One Stars skated good and lasted forever....

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2020, 01:26:10 AM »
Spent the 90’s in XL everything.

Did a two day stint in 95’ that was essentially an Iori Yagami cosplay except it wasn’t cosplay.

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2020, 04:40:48 AM »
Baker 3 era Reynolds was a big influence.  Pretty sure at one point I hit the skatepark wearing a Braves hat, leather jacket, white dress shirt, and burgundy cords.

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2020, 06:35:39 AM »
Spent the 90’s in XL everything.

Did a two day stint in 95’ that was essentially an Iori Yagami cosplay except it wasn’t cosplay.
Yeah I had a whole goofy boy kit but was 12-15 before I was like I'm over it, I got heckled in Birmingham by some chavs and it shook me.
Dueces Bitch's

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 226
« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2020, 08:15:47 AM »
Rasta phase was pretty bad. I'm ambiguously ethnic so it could've been worse but that was a strange time. Especially when I started transmuting to some sort of indie rocker shit but still had dreads. These were confusing times.
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1058
« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2020, 10:34:06 AM »
Baker 3 era Reynolds was a big influence.  Pretty sure at one point I hit the skatepark wearing a Braves hat, leather jacket, white dress shirt, and burgundy cords.

These were weird days at everyone's local. I never went full reynolds but distinctly remember people coming to the park with leather jackets and dress shirts. They all sucked so it was like a poor man's cosplay.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2020, 11:39:59 AM »
Memories of hs art class wearing a black leather Emerica cuff bracelet

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2020, 12:43:59 PM »
Memories of hs art class wearing a black leather Emerica cuff bracelet
The Shop I use to work at still has the Zero tan studded bracelets. I laughed at them and the owner got seriosly butthurt as I was like seriously!? you are still trying to hock this shit?

Needless to say I wasn't an employee for long.... well fuck that shop anyways Mad About Skateboarding is whack as fuck!!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2020, 12:59:58 PM by DarthDingusMaximus »
Dueces Bitch's

DirtyCheddarKids

• Rep: 43
« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2020, 12:59:53 PM »
Rasta phase was pretty bad. I'm ambiguously ethnic so it could've been worse but that was a strange time. Especially when I started transmuting to some sort of indie rocker shit but still had dreads. These were confusing times.

Kind of the same for me when I was 17, minus the indie rocker phase. I'm just plain pale white though, so definitely as goofy as it gets. I do miss those size 36 Ecko pants though, they were comfy as fuck.
Quote from: Uncle Flea
4 shoes is impressive AF. I could barely sell drugs.