Author Topic: Indy Exodus  (Read 13024 times)

chappers

Re: Indy Exodus
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2019, 04:46:53 AM »
dont know if sage was even 'on' indy but hes now an ace pilot

palelight

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2019, 04:55:23 AM »
dont know if sage was even 'on' indy but hes now an ace pilot

Been on for a while.

7th Chamber

« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2019, 05:57:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I didnt watch it, but I have seen Indy still rep 1010 just last year. Wouldn't surprise me if some dudes left because they wouldn't just drop his dumb ass.

He was in a video from april 2018 on the official indy youtube. lame
[close]

He's riding Aces now.
[close]

Yea I guess I'm talking over the course of this past year or so, before they stopped backing him. Also ace have never promoted him, hes just riding them I'm sure.

Joey had his back pretty hard when that nazi shit was going on.

thebacker

« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2019, 06:29:27 AM »
I love my ventures

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2019, 06:56:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I didnt watch it, but I have seen Indy still rep 1010 just last year. Wouldn't surprise me if some dudes left because they wouldn't just drop his dumb ass.

[close]

He's riding Aces now.
[close]

Yea I guess I'm talking over the course of this past year or so, before they stopped backing him. Also ace have never promoted him, hes just riding them I'm sure.
[close]

Not enough to add him to the team page.

https://acetrucks.com/team/
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

commander jameson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 72
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2019, 07:01:02 AM »
This started couple of years back when Koston stopped riding Independent while still having pro truck out for them.
I noticed that Wieger and Lucas Puig (both long time Indy riders) started riding Thunder around the same time (2015ish).

spanyard

• Rep: 77
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2019, 07:08:57 AM »
Indys just don't turn properly. I think most of the pros just switched cause they weren't making money anyways. So they just want something shipped to their door that actually turns...

I can't see any of the paid riders switching though...

Hypothesis: if Indys don't turn properly, then you don’t know how to skate.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2019, 07:18:38 AM »
I recently went back to Indy after switching to thunder. Quality of the china Indy’s seem fine.

But would Indy trying to appeal to the Olympic market affect any of this? Idk if that’s what’s happening since they’ve always been hellride but just a thought. It is a weird exodus of riders  and I don’t think China factories are the reason especially if riders are going to ace

7th Chamber

« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2019, 07:25:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

He's riding Aces now.
[close]

[close]

[close]

Fuck bro, cool, you’re really trying to argue how much Joey T backs Jason fucking Jesse.

arrbee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2019, 07:31:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

He's riding Aces now.
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
Fuck bro, cool, you’re really trying to argue how much Joey T backs Jason fucking Jesse.

I don't even follow Joey, or JJ. I was more making a joke that he may back him personally but not enough to make it official with his company.
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

os89

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2019, 07:46:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

He's riding Aces now.
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

I don't even follow Joey, or JJ. I was more making a joke that he may back him personally but not enough to make it official with his company.

Haha exactly. I was saying indy actually kept him around longer than they should have and had him featured in shit. Ace wont do it because they know its bad for publicity. Who is arguing anything?

weedgod94

• Rep: 0
« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2019, 10:08:53 AM »
I want to buy a set of Ventures but it's too hard to find 8.4-8.5" decks with a wheelbase under 14.25"

yourbreakfsat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 762
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2019, 10:10:50 AM »
I want to buy a set of Ventures but it's too hard to find 8.4-8.5" decks with a wheelbase under 14.25"

Brian Anderson shape? Unless you specifically want under 14.25"

weedgod94

• Rep: 0
« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2019, 10:33:34 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I don't like shaped decks. I think I could do 14.25" as long as it had longer/flattish kicks. I wanna see one of those new 8.475 Bakers.

Yesterdays-pop

• Rep: -388
« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2019, 10:44:31 AM »
JASON JESSE RIDES FOR ACE TRUCKS NOW!!

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112
« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2019, 11:25:49 AM »

This ends being one of my many issues: short legs, like wider boards (right now), by the time I put ventures on the wheelbase is gonna be huge it’ll be good, I just need to stick with it.

Mesteezo

• Rep: 65
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2019, 11:32:16 AM »
Indys just don't turn properly.

Tell that to Salba who can carve lines that most pros can't even dream of, with Indys.

Starm

• Rep: -1
« Reply #47 on: December 13, 2019, 11:41:37 AM »
I know that baker and deathwish 8.475 decks have a WB of 14.25 if that helps, a bit more of a tapered shape and shorter nose/tail.

yourbreakfsat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 762
« Reply #48 on: December 13, 2019, 12:24:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
I don't like shaped decks. I think I could do 14.25" as long as it had longer/flattish kicks. I wanna see one of those new 8.475 Bakers.

It's a standard popsicle shape. 8.4"x32" with 14.25" WB

Also 8.4" is really 8.38", that extra 0.02" is literally nothing.

backinaction

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 279
« Reply #49 on: December 13, 2019, 12:33:29 PM »
Tactics has a good sort/filter.   

Popsicles 8.375-8.5 with wheelbases 14-14.25:

https://www.tactics.com/skateboard-decks/popsicle/ra-17407,17439

Caveat is that almost are all of them are 14.25 and not under.  This at least gives a start.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #50 on: December 13, 2019, 12:38:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

It's a standard popsicle shape. 8.4"x32" with 14.25" WB

Also 8.4" is really 8.38", that extra 0.02" is literally nothing.

That’s true .02 is about the thickness of your fingernail. Give or take a thousandth. Don’t sweat it too much.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #51 on: December 13, 2019, 03:27:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Has the quality dropped that badly?
[close]

Most people here in the Shoes/Gear forum don't think so. I've had two sets since the switch. Cleaner casting (although I think they look a little too polished) and better stock bushings if anything.

Edit: the only pro I've seen disparage the move to China was John Devine on his instagra. But all in all, it does not appear to be related to the manufacturing locale.

Expand Quote
I didn’t know BA left.

Although this happened way before the manufacturing issues. Koston left Indy for Thunder?
[close]

Very recent. His most recent board pics on insta show setups with Aces. And Koston never actually rode Indy but had several sig trucks. This was actually a huge reason Joey T left Indy to start Ace. He was turned off by the idea of sidelining longtime riders for names (Koston always rode Thunders regardless).

Didn’t koston have an Indy ad where he was very clearly on thunders ? I deff remember photos from a Tampa trip where it was super obvious

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #52 on: December 13, 2019, 05:21:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Has the quality dropped that badly?
[close]

Most people here in the Shoes/Gear forum don't think so. I've had two sets since the switch. Cleaner casting (although I think they look a little too polished) and better stock bushings if anything.

Edit: the only pro I've seen disparage the move to China was John Devine on his instagra. But all in all, it does not appear to be related to the manufacturing locale.

Expand Quote
I didn’t know BA left.

Although this happened way before the manufacturing issues. Koston left Indy for Thunder?
[close]

Very recent. His most recent board pics on insta show setups with Aces. And Koston never actually rode Indy but had several sig trucks. This was actually a huge reason Joey T left Indy to start Ace. He was turned off by the idea of sidelining longtime riders for names (Koston always rode Thunders regardless).
[close]

Didn’t koston have an Indy ad where he was very clearly on thunders ? I deff remember photos from a Tampa trip where it was super obvious

it's too small to tell, but it's this one

also: watch his Chronicles 3 part again.  his trucks change in literally every single clip

toque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
    • Portmanteau avatar image
« Reply #53 on: December 14, 2019, 10:25:19 PM »
Maybe people are just realizing that Indy isn't cool?

wheee!

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 772
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #54 on: December 14, 2019, 10:42:52 PM »

I photo shopped this in 2012 this is linked from my tumblr lol glad to see it being reposted

nothing's been the since same

Yesterdays-pop

• Rep: -388
« Reply #55 on: December 14, 2019, 11:34:00 PM »

I photo shopped this in 2012 this is linked from my tumblr lol glad to see it being reposted

Fantastic

choke mayne

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -15
  • pot
« Reply #56 on: December 15, 2019, 05:26:59 PM »
i got some indies earlier this year and the pivot cup blew out almost immediately with the bushings soon to follow.  switched to venture and have been stoked.

but also, indy's whole marketing campaign of "fuck the rest" seems jockish and like alt-right jargon, which was a big bummer upon realization. not tryna represent or financially support any of those ideologies.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112
« Reply #57 on: December 15, 2019, 05:36:18 PM »
i got some indies earlier this year and the pivot cup blew out almost immediately with the bushings soon to follow.  switched to venture and have been stoked.

but also, indy's whole marketing campaign of "fuck the rest" seems jockish and like alt-right jargon, which was a big bummer upon realization. not tryna represent or financially support any of those ideologies.

Basically.
The marketing seems like it’s always just about to call someone a ‘faggot’. Just seems to be their vibe.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
« Reply #58 on: December 15, 2019, 05:44:18 PM »
They call them trucks for a reason eh?  How else are you suppose to market them? 

ballintoohard

« Reply #59 on: December 15, 2019, 07:08:53 PM »
16 riders listed in this thread of how many? Of those riders how many were top level (signature series), how many just sponsored, how many basically flowed?