Author Topic: Make a gif coward  (Read 17583 times)

Digital Rasta

Re: Make a gif coward
« Reply #90 on: August 08, 2020, 08:26:14 AM »
Every time I see Deputy Wendell's signature, I am reminded of one of the funnest times I had skating. It was in Valley Park, Missouri. The locals called that place Wet Willy's and a ton of cool shit went down there before it got dozed. I could barely do any tricks there and some of the shit that was done there is mind-blowing like Silas's back tail through the first corner. I don't think I ever skated something that fun and gnarly at the same time. The straightaways with no flatbottom were so challenging. I wore shorts like a dip shit and got chips of blue lead-based paint embedded in the skin in my legs but it healed up fine after I picked them out. I also got a citation for trespassing and had to pay a fine before I left the state. The cop who gave me the ticket was so mad at us for skating the waterslide he was shaking and his jaw was clenched. Maybe the cops are freaked out about coming out there because the whole thing was covered with Satanic graffiti.

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #91 on: August 08, 2020, 10:29:12 AM »
Every time I see Deputy Wendell's signature, I am reminded of one of the funnest times I had skating. It was in Valley Park, Missouri. The locals called that place Wet Willy's and a ton of cool shit went down there before it got dozed. I could barely do any tricks there and some of the shit that was done there is mind-blowing like Silas's back tail through the first corner. I don't think I ever skated something that fun and gnarly at the same time. The straightaways with no flatbottom were so challenging. I wore shorts like a dip shit and got chips of blue lead-based paint embedded in the skin in my legs but it healed up fine after I picked them out. I also got a citation for trespassing and had to pay a fine before I left the state. The cop who gave me the ticket was so mad at us for skating the waterslide he was shaking and his jaw was clenched. Maybe the cops are freaked out about coming out there because the whole thing was covered with Satanic graffiti.

hey Digital, thanks for sharing this man...i think you commented about being from around that spot before, and i meant to comment and didn't.

i'm old enough at this point (and have skated enough spots in different places that i've seen in videos) to know that as fun as that spot--and Omar's line there--looks, i'm sure it is NOT easy to skate...it looks fast and narrow and hectic as shit.

the story about the cop is funny (i love the clinched jaw detail), and correspondingly,  i feel like some of the worst experiences with cops that i've had in like 35-years of skating, have been at the sites of businesses that have gone out of business. like when i was younger, we didn't pour concrete like diy spots now, but we just stacked parking blocks and nailed garbage and wood from shuttered windows together for boxes and ramps and shit. i wrote about an abandoned Burger King that friends and i turned into a spot when i was a kid, when i was working on my MA at the University of Chicago, and my--perhaps flimsy--theory about why cops and "normal" consumers would react so hostilely about us skating it, is that skaters are essentially reveling in blatant signs of economic collapse when we're enjoying ourselves at these out-of-business spots. it's easy to dismiss how much anxiety an empty and boarded-up business causes "normal" consumers, especially in the suburbs, where the landscape is supposed to convey safety, comfort, and plenty.

i don't know, your story brought that to mind--it's like the cops are already feeling some kind of anxiety/trauma over the fact that this shut-down "fun park" is just radiating bad economic times and instability, but then they have to deal with all of these skaters just having a blast in and on it, and it doesn't compute and that irrational anger is the only thing that surfaces...

...shit, i guess...again, just a theory. thanks again for some history on the spot!

Digital Rasta

« Reply #92 on: August 08, 2020, 04:17:43 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

hey Digital, thanks for sharing this man...i think you commented about being from around that spot before, and i meant to comment and didn't.

i'm old enough at this point (and have skated enough spots in different places that i've seen in videos) to know that as fun as that spot--and Omar's line there--looks, i'm sure it is NOT easy to skate...it looks fast and narrow and hectic as shit.

the story about the cop is funny (i love the clinched jaw detail), and correspondingly,  i feel like some of the worst experiences with cops that i've had in like 35-years of skating, have been at the sites of businesses that have gone out of business. like when i was younger, we didn't pour concrete like diy spots now, but we just stacked parking blocks and nailed garbage and wood from shuttered windows together for boxes and ramps and shit. i wrote about an abandoned Burger King that friends and i turned into a spot when i was a kid, when i was working on my MA at the University of Chicago, and my--perhaps flimsy--theory about why cops and "normal" consumers would react so hostilely about us skating it, is that skaters are essentially reveling in blatant signs of economic collapse when we're enjoying ourselves at these out-of-business spots. it's easy to dismiss how much anxiety an empty and boarded-up business causes "normal" consumers, especially in the suburbs, where the landscape is supposed to convey safety, comfort, and plenty.

i don't know, your story brought that to mind--it's like the cops are already feeling some kind of anxiety/trauma over the fact that this shut-down "fun park" is just radiating bad economic times and instability, but then they have to deal with all of these skaters just having a blast in and on it, and it doesn't compute and that irrational anger is the only thing that surfaces...

...shit, i guess...again, just a theory. thanks again for some history on the spot!
You might be on to something with that theory. This encounter took place in 2008 when the housing crisis was going on and the economy was crashing

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #93 on: August 08, 2020, 04:42:53 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

This is my favorite. I love this trick. Matt Reason is a favorite. This is my all time favorite trick done on the out ledge at love. I do this trick all the time as a result of this clip and another love park clip of Jake Rupp in static one doing it on the main other ledge.
yes, you get it! Great trick, best style

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #94 on: August 09, 2020, 08:19:57 AM »
i put these up in other threads, but they are very sparkly together here

Who’s the first gif? Back 180 5-0?

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #95 on: August 09, 2020, 08:20:53 AM »

os89

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1177
« Reply #96 on: August 09, 2020, 08:29:53 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Is it Al Davis in the first one and Jerry the third one?

Christmas Complete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 813
  • You better shut up, Don
« Reply #97 on: August 09, 2020, 08:41:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Is it Al Davis in the first one and Jerry the third one?

Reggie Kelly.
Andy Anderson, I cannot sanction your buffoonery.

os89

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #98 on: August 09, 2020, 08:51:43 AM »
Ahh gotcha gotcha, that’s why I asked. I can’t make out anything in a lot of gifs. Also Reggie deserves better than fucking zero.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-hc7C3jCFc
« Last Edit: August 09, 2020, 09:11:49 AM by os89 »

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #99 on: August 09, 2020, 09:29:20 AM »
Ahh gotcha gotcha, that’s why I asked. I can’t make out anything in a lot of gifs. Also Reggie deserves better than fucking zero.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-hc7C3jCFc

y'all worked that out and Reggie Kelly is indeed the truth...this part is as heavy as it gets and i love both trucks on like that back 180 50-50...

os89

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #100 on: August 09, 2020, 09:54:22 AM »
Finally watching through all the beagle tapes.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #101 on: August 09, 2020, 10:34:10 AM »

Rockin Robbin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 416
« Reply #102 on: August 11, 2020, 10:51:56 AM »
"Bake me a pie of love" - Steve Winwood

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #103 on: August 11, 2020, 11:09:39 AM »
Lol

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #104 on: November 14, 2020, 12:11:07 PM »

Style Police

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 765
« Reply #105 on: November 14, 2020, 04:26:23 PM »

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
  • What are you up to, drawing leafs?
    • timecube avatar image
« Last Edit: November 20, 2020, 10:58:06 AM by CossRooper »

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #107 on: November 15, 2020, 11:31:02 PM »
I feel nostalgic in 2020 when my state-of-the-art personal computer still gets pissed at trying to load a gif-heavy Slap thread.

Speaking of, does this forum support embedding gfy's or other regular mp4's? gif's are pretty much the worst/most-resource-intensive way to share video loops

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #108 on: November 20, 2020, 11:00:57 AM »
Expand Quote
I feel nostalgic in 2020 when my state-of-the-art personal computer still gets pissed at trying to load a gif-heavy Slap thread.
[close]

Speaking of, does this forum support embedding gfy's or other regular mp4's? gif's are pretty much the worst/most-resource-intensive way to share video loops

It does now! Thanks @admin

Mike Davis -- RIP

https://gfycat.com/nicesickfoxhound

Stenger

https://gfycat.com/weightyhairyjuliabutterfly
« Last Edit: November 20, 2020, 11:14:39 AM by CossRooper »

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #109 on: November 21, 2020, 08:00:11 PM »
Ryan Sublette - Depression Session

https://gfycat.com/orangebelovedcrab

Youoverthere

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #110 on: November 22, 2020, 11:06:41 AM »

it must be crazy when chico sells you something and the tables switch from "give me my money chico" to "giving my money to chico"

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #111 on: November 22, 2020, 07:43:09 PM »
[img ]https://i.imgur.com/fkrUrAr.mp4[ /img]

The embedder doesn't like the direct links -- just post the imgur link bare, with no tags, like this:

Code: [Select]
https://imgur.com/fkrUrAr
https://imgur.com/fkrUrAr

keepthefunkalive

• Rep: 129
« Reply #112 on: November 27, 2020, 01:12:56 PM »

Youoverthere

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #113 on: November 29, 2020, 05:51:16 PM »

it must be crazy when chico sells you something and the tables switch from "give me my money chico" to "giving my money to chico"

keepthefunkalive

« Reply #114 on: December 03, 2020, 08:39:04 AM »

Mitchell_Stevens_7

« Reply #115 on: December 03, 2020, 11:07:54 AM »

keepthefunkalive

CossRooper