Author Topic: Grinding ledges in big wheels?  (Read 2292 times)

Ziad

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -103
    • bouklao.com avatar image
Grinding ledges in big wheels?
« on: December 15, 2019, 06:24:00 PM »
Is skating ledges harder on bigger wheels? or is it the shape?
I'm riding 58mm OG Classic spitfires the conical shape ones and I feel like they stick on grinds
Anyone face a problem like this?

Brguy

Re: Grinding ledges in big wheels?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2019, 08:19:38 AM »
I think it's different for everyone, I personally don't like very high boards, makes it too much of an effort to raise my leg in 5-0s or nosegrinds.

slappy50

• Rep: 17
  • gear madness abounds
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2019, 08:35:05 AM »
I've done grinds (mostly slappies lol) on wheels from like 50mm all the way up to about 62mm, at which point it just stops working. So it should be ok, they should lock in fins, it'll just take some getting used to. The biggest wheel I've ever tried to grind was 66mm and there were problems there, but no one reasonably rides those
niggling

[/quote]

Sundaynuggets

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2019, 08:46:29 AM »
My grind skills are limited to front and backside 50/50’s, nose and crooked grinds but I had no problems when I was riding 60mm Spitfire OG classics. The only wheels that ever gave me a problem were trying to crooked grind with soft wheels like Ricta clouds 78a and even then if I go fast and lean back more it’s not too bad

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1198
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2019, 11:23:20 AM »
My grind skills are limited to front and backside 50/50’s, nose and crooked grinds but I had no problems when I was riding 60mm Spitfire OG classics. The only wheels that ever gave me a problem were trying to crooked grind with soft wheels like Ricta clouds 78a and even then if I go fast and lean back more it’s not too bad

I guess you really showed that ledge Who’s the Boss..... 😏
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Sundaynuggets

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2019, 11:35:50 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I guess you really showed that ledge Who’s the Boss..... 😏

Well, I’m not much of a ledge Danza but I do ok 😂

AssFlea

• Rep: -31
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2019, 11:55:05 AM »
Is skating ledges harder on bigger wheels? or is it the shape?
I'm riding 58mm OG Classic spitfires the conical shape ones and I feel like they stick on grinds
Anyone face a problem like this?

the conical wheels are best for flat bars and coping.

I like 48-56 mm classic or v1

That new bones shape that has flat corners is so sick for changing grinds at larger mm.

I would never buy bones wheels though. Its spit or 5 finger discount at the mall any thing I can grab
_--
xX
^    @
''')'
'''''