Author Topic: Tom Matasello  (Read 1278 times)

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2191
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
Tom Matasello
« on: September 19, 2019, 10:51:44 PM »
I’m not what I would call a big fan of “circus tricks,” but fuuuck... the latest Matt Tomasello video kinda had me trippin’.
Granted, I was super stoned when I watched it, but there’s no denying that most of that shit is pure bonkers, regardless of the state of the viewer.
Somebody tell me that countless tries went into each trick landed on those wack-a-doo contraptions. Tell me there’s no way any one of the tricks could be landed consistently. I refuse to believe that people skate like this on a regular basis.
Here’s a link, for a gander at what I’m “blowing” this dude over:

http://www.jenkemmag.com/home/2019/09/16/watch-matt-tomasello-rodney-mullen-bath-salts-round-three/

For me, lately, if I want some crazy tech street shit, I’ll watch a Mike Pulizzi clip & be happy as a polywog in a puddle, but this... THIS  weird-ass shit really tripped me out.
I just wanna publicly thank dude for the mind warping tom foolery.
I hope he continues to put out goof-ball footage.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2019, 07:54:13 PM by Lou Strux »

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

DotGuru

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 23
Re: Tom Matasello
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2019, 09:21:08 AM »
Is he Matt Tomasello's regular-footed evil twin?

I think he's more consistent than we think on a lot of stuff. But now I am reminded that the dude doesn't seem to skate switch at all, which makes me wonder: how much would the average skater progress if not pressured to spend so much time learning switch/nollie tricks?

Audrey II

• Rep: 14183
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2019, 10:43:37 AM »
You got questions? Ask me like a fucking man. You know my Insta.

wurfnnjs

• Rep: 0
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2019, 08:09:32 AM »
Is he Matt Tomasello's regular-footed evil twin?

I think he's more consistent than we think on a lot of stuff. But now I am reminded that the dude doesn't seem to skate switch at all, which makes me wonder: how much would the average skater progress if not pressured to spend so much time learning switch/nollie tricks?
Interesting thought. I always thought that skating switch would make you better at skating regular too, but maybe if you just concentrated on one, you would be better.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1569
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2019, 02:11:42 PM »

know_your_role

• Rep: 10
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2019, 03:25:28 AM »
how much would the average skater progress if not pressured to spend so much time learning switch/nollie tricks?

I'm pretty sure that learning switch and nollie assists with your overall progression. I think it's because you're training foot co-ordination for your non-dominant foot more intensely by putting it into unique foot positions such as the one you have to learn to do a kickflip or a hardflip. Although you might not be using that foot to flip the board while skating your regular stance, surely the improved co-ordination to the minutiae of things you do with your back foot when it comes to stuff such as popping on non-horizontal surfaces or adjusting your board during a grind/popping out of it, I'm sure theres more.

anyway thats all just tawk. my experience makes me think that skating switch and nollie helped me in all aspects. would be cool to ask someone really good at switch to see what they think

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2020, 07:25:52 AM »
This is a great part from before he went overboard with circus-esque tricks and was still street skating.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1473
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2020, 09:33:50 AM »
Matt Tomatosello is this dude that sells tomatoes in my neighborhood.