Author Topic: the Bunt is back  (Read 311689 times)

Dead to Me

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 75
Re: the Bunt is back
« Reply #1350 on: October 06, 2021, 06:58:26 AM »
I’m a fan but that rapid fire was a bit soft lol.

thebacker

« Reply #1351 on: October 06, 2021, 12:03:32 PM »
great episode

yall think the nineclub would ever have these dudes on?

mushroom slice

« Reply #1352 on: October 06, 2021, 12:13:18 PM »
Golf is not skateboarding. This dude is fried.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -762
« Reply #1353 on: October 06, 2021, 12:15:15 PM »

That parallels that he drew with skateboarding ring true.
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
« Reply #1354 on: October 06, 2021, 12:43:33 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That parallels that he drew with skateboarding ring true.

My mental process for a golf swing is the same as my mental process for a skate trick.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1954
« Reply #1355 on: October 06, 2021, 12:48:25 PM »
I mean, I get what Justin is trying to say, but it sorta feels like a roundabout way to say "it's good to have a hobby or discipline outside of skateboarding".

I'm going golfing on Friday.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1578
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1356 on: October 06, 2021, 12:58:55 PM »
Get Joe Buffalo on already.....

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #1357 on: October 06, 2021, 01:15:42 PM »
halfway through the justin eldridge episode.  It neve really clicked how influential his skating is/was until they started breaking down all of his hammers and NBD's. And they boys were right- the trailer for this Episode was SICK.
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

Monopolyman

« Reply #1358 on: October 06, 2021, 01:35:49 PM »
I’m a fan but that rapid fire was a bit soft lol.

Eldys persona is very kind though, woulda been out of character for him to start calling people out just because hes on the bunt

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 298
« Reply #1359 on: October 06, 2021, 04:56:12 PM »
great episode

LD (eldy) didn't even know where these dudes were, you already know Crob & The Knobs are here for the views & not the cultural impact. I bet Crob wouldn't even do it for some Maker Pizza that someone else ordered for him

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 577
« Reply #1360 on: October 06, 2021, 05:09:50 PM »
Expand Quote
great episode

[close]
LD (eldy) didn't even know where these dudes were, you already know Crob & The Knobs are here for the views & not the cultural impact. I bet Crob wouldn't even do it for some Maker Pizza that someone else ordered for him

I mean cmon man if it was for views they’d have some contemporary skaters on and not someone like Jacob Rosenberg for their 200th episode. Cut them some slack I didn’t even listen to the bunt until last year

Eldridge was a good guest. I normally don’t like his opinion much on the Nine Club but he was good on here. Anyone know more about his back injury?

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
« Reply #1361 on: October 06, 2021, 05:30:47 PM »

That was amazing, man.
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

nicotinewheel

• Rep: -77
« Reply #1362 on: October 06, 2021, 05:51:03 PM »
feel like it happened this episode & seems to happen at some point in most, love when one of them will bring up a specific clip or trick the skater is audibly surprised they've remembered/seen

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1363 on: October 06, 2021, 09:30:54 PM »
great episode

It would be a total shame to not have them on. I honestly think it would be cool to just have convos about creating and doing a podcast. Sort of just a media conversation rather than a skate one (of course do both). I even would have though Crob and them would have had Braile guys at this point too. Just to understand their Youtube success rather than their skate one.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Dead to Me

• Rep: 75
« Reply #1364 on: October 06, 2021, 09:41:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
great episode

[close]
[close]

I mean cmon man if it was for views they’d have some contemporary skaters on and not someone like Jacob Rosenberg for their 200th episode. Cut them some slack I didn’t even listen to the bunt until last year

Eldridge was a good guest. I normally don’t like his opinion much on the Nine Club but he was good on here. Anyone know more about his back injury?
If i remember correctly, they talked a lot more about it on this podcast https://soundcloud.com/user-248697933/justin-eldridge-catch-up

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 577
« Reply #1365 on: October 06, 2021, 10:30:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
great episode

[close]
[close]

[close]
If i remember correctly, they talked a lot more about it on this podcast https://soundcloud.com/user-248697933/justin-eldridge-catch-up

Thanks! I'll have to check that out

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 337
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #1366 on: October 06, 2021, 10:36:49 PM »
Expand Quote
great episode

[close]

It would be a total shame to not have them on. I honestly think it would be cool to just have convos about creating and doing a podcast. Sort of just a media conversation rather than a skate one (of course do both). I even would have though Crob and them would have had Braile guys at this point too. Just to understand their Youtube success rather than their skate one.

Kelly brought it up with them on his Bunt episode but they seemed pretty closed off about the idea.

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1587
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #1367 on: October 06, 2021, 10:43:02 PM »
Expand Quote
great episode

[close]

Already has, sort of...

"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #1368 on: October 07, 2021, 03:56:21 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

That was amazing, man.

this man rules

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1954
« Reply #1369 on: October 07, 2021, 09:39:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
great episode

[close]
[close]

Already has, sort of...

"we're just so busy"

Chatbot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #1370 on: October 07, 2021, 09:46:26 AM »
Expand Quote
great episode

[close]

The epsiode with Ian Michna from Jenkem was a good episode. I think having the Bunt dudes on would also be a fun one.

I_Respect_Wood

• Rep: 10
    • HH avatar image
« Reply #1371 on: October 07, 2021, 12:04:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
great episode

[close]

[close]

The epsiode with Ian Michna from Jenkem was a good episode. I think having the Bunt dudes on would also be a fun one.

Loved the 2 times that Ian was on The Nine Club, and also loved how he told Crob that he should change the whole "well, we're back" thing at the beginning of each episode.

If I wasnt me, I never hang out with me...

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/qaL3qBBUWZRPXT5R7T" width="480" height="270" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/new-york-supreme-ben-kadow-qaL3qBBUWZRPXT5R7T">via GIPHY</a></p>

Mantracker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #1372 on: October 07, 2021, 02:30:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
great episode

[close]

[close]

Kelly brought it up with them on his Bunt episode but they seemed pretty closed off about the idea.

I know Bunt fans and Nine club fans seem to be pretty different but a joint episode could really work. I watch both shows and probably prefer the Bunt, but I really enjoy the laid back style of the Nine Club Experience when they have good guests and lots of content to review and talk about. I truly think a Nine Club / Bunt special would be cool. They'd have to edit it because I'm sure if it was a live special there would be some awkwardness to get through initially

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #1373 on: October 07, 2021, 05:59:33 PM »
Really liked the Eldy interview, and how they got him to touch on Pretty Sweet. He most definitely got screwed over, and at a time he was looking for a new shoe sponsor by being made a montage guy with a full part. It also explains why he had so much China footage.

nevrwasben

« Reply #1374 on: October 07, 2021, 07:48:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
great episode

[close]

[close]

I would actually listen in again if they did that

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #1375 on: October 08, 2021, 05:34:47 AM »
‘gettting on this skateshop (val surf) was like, detrimental to my career’ - Justin Eldridge
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 298
« Reply #1376 on: October 09, 2021, 06:31:20 PM »
‘gettting on this skateshop (val surf) was like, detrimental to my career’ - Justin Eldridge
That shit was so fresh. I think The Ghost also ghosted on the pronunciation of a middle school level difficulty word later in this episode. That was for sure the worst rapid fire too. These crail dudes are all pretty much the same guy. "MJ HAD LIKE BOOKS tHAT DiDNT HAVE PICTURES IN THEM, DUDES HES THE SMARTEST"

Most talented skater on earth? NYJAH
Best Skate Moment - "koston's yeah right ender"

A lot of his answers continously gave me the feeling he is not really into skating or at least hasn't watched skating in the last 10 years or so.

notmikerusczyk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #1377 on: October 09, 2021, 07:33:17 PM »
if eldridge didn't skate he would have for sure been in a frat and majored in business

BugleBites

• Rep: -68
« Reply #1378 on: October 09, 2021, 08:16:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
great episode

[close]

[close]

[close]

Loved the 2 times that Ian was on The Nine Club, and also loved how he told Crob that he should change the whole "well, we're back" thing at the beginning of each episode.

I used to be into The Nine Club but stopped watching after a while because the guests got boring and it's just too long. Recently I was stoked on the Jacob Rosenberg one, though. They should 100% ditch that intro line too, sounds so forced and not at all genuine.

The Bunt, however, I just can't do. Partially because there's no video, but more so due to the way the hosts talk. Thankfully they list the topics with timestamps so if there is anything worth listening to I can just skip to that part, or the rapid fire. All the lingo and old school spoken ads are painful.

Pappy Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 155
« Reply #1379 on: October 09, 2021, 09:01:35 PM »
Nah the spoken ads are tongue in cheek and usually pretty funny.

What’s painful is Chris Roberts seriously yet unenthusiastically trying to sell us those manscaped razor kits.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2021, 02:03:41 PM by Pappy Jones »