Author Topic: the Bunt is back  (Read 311662 times)

left knee cap

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 118
  • $$$$
Re: the Bunt is back
« Reply #1740 on: May 18, 2022, 02:26:36 PM »
the amount of name drops in his Fashion Week story is justified by the end of that story. wow.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #1741 on: May 18, 2022, 02:32:11 PM »
I wanna know who the MMA fighter that was a shitty party goer was. I don’t follow MMA at all, so there are like 2 names I would know, but I just wanna get a mental image of the dude in the story.
Considering they say heavyweight champ, my guess is Francis Ngannou. I wouldn't be shocked if they somehow knew each other through people connected to Jackass since Ngannou is the guy who punches Ehren in the jockstrap test. I agree with Curren, that guy is a beast. I'd rather be asked to try any fucking trick down Davis Gap or El Toro than somehow end up in a fight at a party with him.

Michelle Obama

• Rep: 3
« Reply #1742 on: May 18, 2022, 03:16:38 PM »
just finished the oski episode today. i wanna know more about this skate highschool. sounds nuts

can't wait for the curren epi, hope its as good as jake's

sad the season is ending :(

Try and track down Ricks show from Vice - the first ep features one of those schools in contrast to the scene in Ethiopia

https://www.vicetv.com/en_us/show/post-radical

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 251
« Reply #1743 on: May 18, 2022, 03:18:22 PM »
damn nice @Michelle Obama good looks, ty

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1157
  • old and in the way
« Reply #1744 on: May 18, 2022, 05:19:05 PM »
Curren Caples has great stories

Swimming

• Rep: -1
« Reply #1745 on: May 18, 2022, 07:01:10 PM »
Curren Caples has great stories
agreed, I was cracking up. his episode was better than I thought it would be. Thought the John Fitz and Tom K were some other standouts. Overall loved the season/ even enjoy listening to the skaters I hadn't heard of before!

Dead to Me

• Rep: 75
« Reply #1746 on: May 18, 2022, 08:44:36 PM »
Karen episode was an unexpected banger, looking forward to seeing the part he’s been working on.

Jagr

• Rep: 116
« Reply #1747 on: May 18, 2022, 08:47:39 PM »
Absolute barnburner.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1290
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1748 on: May 18, 2022, 09:25:50 PM »
I've learned when you are good looking, your stories usually start with, "so i was with my girlfriend/ex-girlfriend/my ex at the time but now girlfriend" and end with "I look over and its Leonardo DiCaprio"

buttchin

• Rep: 18
« Reply #1749 on: May 18, 2022, 10:41:06 PM »
just finished the oski episode today. i wanna know more about this skate highschool. sounds nuts

can't wait for the curren epi, hope its as good as jake's

sad the season is ending :(

The oski episode and the olympics stuff was so surreal hearing about skaters being treated like royalty in a sense.

On the topic of skate school programs: in San Diego, some schools did offer skate P.E. Classes for skaters. I remember hearing about that with Wes, Marius and the SD groms back when I was like 13 learning how to skate. My hometown of Chula Vista has been doing skate clubs for all schools to compete like junior and varsity in skating now too. Pretty wild how this is how it is now, given that I was usually ridiculed and hung out with the literal freaks and geeks back then because I was a skate punk goth kid

Flash 4 Wheels

• Rep: 0
« Reply #1750 on: May 19, 2022, 12:04:53 AM »
Expand Quote
I wanna know who the MMA fighter that was a shitty party goer was. I don’t follow MMA at all, so there are like 2 names I would know, but I just wanna get a mental image of the dude in the story.
[close]
Considering they say heavyweight champ, my guess is Francis Ngannou. I wouldn't be shocked if they somehow knew each other through people connected to Jackass since Ngannou is the guy who punches Ehren in the jockstrap test. I agree with Curren, that guy is a beast. I'd rather be asked to try any fucking trick down Davis Gap or El Toro than somehow end up in a fight at a party with him.
I feel quite confident saying it's not Francis. They say he was the heavyweight champion, not is. I did some digging and my guess would be Cain Velasquez, he seems to have some screws loose and has some other legal troubles going on at the moment. He also hinted at a comeback quite recently which they mention in the episode.

What a fucking season though! This ender almost got to famous-name-droppy for me but none of the stories were told to build himself up so props to Curren.

CurbyPuckit

• Rep: -39
« Reply #1751 on: May 19, 2022, 12:52:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
I feel quite confident saying it's not Francis. They say he was the heavyweight champion, not is. I did some digging and my guess would be Cain Velasquez, he seems to have some screws loose and has some other legal troubles going on at the moment. He also hinted at a comeback quite recently which they mention in the episode.

What a fucking season though! This ender almost got to famous-name-droppy for me but none of the stories were told to build himself up so props to Curren.

I agree.... although I said I know nothing about MMA, I do in fact know that two of my coworkers ran into Francis at the Vegas airport a few months back and said he was the nicest and most humble dude... so I doubt that was curren’s reference . 

backside_reacharound

• Rep: -208
« Reply #1752 on: May 19, 2022, 08:32:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

I agree.... although I said I know nothing about MMA, I do in fact know that two of my coworkers ran into Francis at the Vegas airport a few months back and said he was the nicest and most humble dude... so I doubt that was curren’s reference .

Definitely not Francis, that man is way too kind for any antics like that.

However, Jon Jones was the light-heavy champion for years, is now moving up to heavyweight and is 100% an full tilt lunatic when he parties. No idea why he would know Curren though.

Julz

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
« Reply #1753 on: May 19, 2022, 08:41:25 AM »
What about Stipe Miocic ?

BieberStance

• Rep: -17
« Reply #1754 on: May 19, 2022, 09:05:56 AM »
maybe by heavyweight he meant andrew allen. and confused ufc with kfc.
i can totaly see aa lecturing a girl about how looks are not everything, that beauty fades and the model business is pretty shallow and that she should get her shit together, one positive impact at a time. and curren not having it.

great interview tho

doublesteveburger

« Reply #1755 on: May 19, 2022, 09:33:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

i went to highschool with Cain

i have nothing to add to that story i just want to be cool and share that bit of info

think i'm gonna send the boys an email here soon... i have a barn burner of a question in mind

thebacker

« Reply #1756 on: May 19, 2022, 11:29:04 AM »
yeah this curren episode is all time

sprained_ankle

• Rep: -12
« Reply #1757 on: May 19, 2022, 11:32:45 AM »
maybe by heavyweight he meant andrew allen. and confused ufc with kfc.
i can totaly see aa lecturing a girl about how looks are not everything, that beauty fades and the model business is pretty shallow and that she should get her shit together, one positive impact at a time. and curren not having it.

great interview tho

gnar'd if i could
hi,am new here

Burnerboy69

• Rep: 14
« Reply #1758 on: May 19, 2022, 11:35:13 AM »
I found it hilarious that Christie Brinkley's daughter was offended by him throwing up after kissing her. Like you're making out with someone and they're just too ugly so you puke lol. Also, she's extremely beautiful. A 10/10. Hard to believe someone like that could be so insecure about their looks. I guess being in the fashion world and being the daughter of one of the biggest sex symbols ever will give you an inferiority complex.

bigolboii

• Rep: -11
« Reply #1759 on: May 19, 2022, 11:59:03 AM »
Probably Francis. They mentioned his title being taken way, didn't they do an interim heavyweight that jiocic won because Francis was taking too long to fight.

Flash 4 Wheels

• Rep: 0
« Reply #1760 on: May 19, 2022, 12:32:48 PM »
Probably Francis. They mentioned his title being taken way, didn't they do an interim heavyweight that jiocic won because Francis was taking too long to fight.
No he became champion for the first time last year. He is also still the champ and defended his belt this year back in January against Ciryl Gane. He also seems like the most genuine guy based on interviews and podcasts I've listened to.

Cain Velasquez almost had his belt stripped back when he was the champ so it could've been a misunderstanding from Don saying he got stripped.

Jon Jones is a real asshole according to most people so it could've been him but I feel like Cephas should know who he is considering the fact that they've talked some UFC in the past on the sports section. His reaction when Don showed the picture was just kinda "meh, big guy i don't know him" kinda feelin. Jon Jones also never competed at heavyweight, he did get his light heavyweight title stripped almost 2 years ago though.

So unless Curren is hangin out with some old ass MMA guys from the early 2000's it has to be Cain or Jon. They could have some of the info wrong (stripped titles, weight classes, timelines) so i can't be a 100% sure which one of the two.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #1761 on: May 19, 2022, 12:44:26 PM »
yeah this curren episode is all time
I've always appreciated his skating (well at least since he exited the grom stage), but was amazed he gave them an all-time barn burner. He seems pretty care free and doesn't mind stories at his expense/is very open. That makes a great guest for a show like The Bunt. Excited to see what his Skate Mental part with almost no transition will look like.

Hard to make a story where you hang out and make out with a supermodel's daughter, somehow end up hanging out with Leo during Fashion Week not seem like a massive humble brag, but with how much he made fun of himself it didn't come across as kooky at all.

Candied cigarettes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 236
« Reply #1762 on: May 19, 2022, 12:56:25 PM »
Cephas comparing Bob Burnquist to Michael Jackson was so funny

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 719
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #1763 on: May 19, 2022, 01:13:04 PM »
The stalker shit was amazing. The cops doing nothing and basically making fun of him is some classic dipshit cop shenanigans.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

Jagr

• Rep: 116
« Reply #1764 on: May 19, 2022, 02:02:04 PM »
Cephas comparing Bob Burnquist to Michael Jackson was so funny

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -299
« Reply #1765 on: May 19, 2022, 06:08:41 PM »
We miss you guys already.

Keep_on_Chooglin

• Rep: 28
« Reply #1766 on: May 19, 2022, 08:53:58 PM »
Curren brought the heat, fantastic finale to a great season.

As for the MMA fighter he mentions, I think it's Luke Rockhold. I don't know much about MMA but that dude is also sponsored by RVCA so I could see Curren knowing him through that.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1767 on: May 19, 2022, 09:32:38 PM »

As for the MMA fighter he mentions, I think it's Luke Rockhold. I don't know much about MMA but that dude is also sponsored by RVCA so I could see Curren knowing him through that.
That actually makes a lot of sense. Cause Luke has dated young girls before like Demi Lovato. But all Curren had to do is smack him in his chin cause Luke has been KO'd in his last two fights.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

in love w/ fs shuvs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
« Reply #1768 on: May 19, 2022, 10:51:10 PM »
Karen Caples

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
« Reply #1769 on: May 19, 2022, 11:01:09 PM »

definitely luke rockhold. He can actually skate too