Author Topic: the Bunt is back  (Read 309521 times)

Switchpopshuvit and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

devils acrobat

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 130
Re: the Bunt is back
« Reply #2370 on: June 01, 2023, 06:02:49 AM »
Oh damn, listened to the interview, but not the P.O. yet

Speaking of SLAP stuff, is this the first time Cassette Skateshop got mentioned on there, or just the first time I noticed it?

Think it was mentioned first time last episode or the one before.  Definitely nice to hear that one. Also Burman could be a banger as last episode

doublesteveburger

« Reply #2371 on: June 01, 2023, 08:06:50 AM »
Yo @doublesteveburger I got so much joy listening to the post office this week. A perfect little kiss of slap, loved hearing their answers!!

them softball bunt heaters

swellbowed

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 494
  • ow
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2372 on: June 01, 2023, 11:37:37 AM »
Sad the seasons almost over :(

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 364
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2373 on: June 01, 2023, 01:13:11 PM »
Maybe Burman for the season finale?! - barns will be burned!

Burman would be a great one for sure.

Dick Dastardly

• Rep: 9
  • Muttley!!!
« Reply #2374 on: June 01, 2023, 05:24:15 PM »
Dane Rapid Fire would be heavy. Within the Aus scene he’s a known asshole.
Muttley!!!!

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 817
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #2375 on: June 03, 2023, 09:29:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Oh damn, listened to the interview, but not the P.O. yet

Speaking of SLAP stuff, is this the first time Cassette Skateshop got mentioned on there, or just the first time I noticed it?
[close]

Think it was mentioned first time last episode or the one before.  Definitely nice to hear that one. Also Burman could be a banger as last episode
First mention I heard was during the Lee Smith episode. I definitely freaked the fuck out for a minute. I never thought in a million years. THANKS BUNT BOYZ!

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 761
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #2376 on: June 03, 2023, 10:12:17 AM »
If you don’t mind me asking, how does it work getting your shop mentioned? Did you do anything? I figured the advertiser provides the list of shops to mention. With that said, skaters seem to have mental maps of skateshops on a local and global scale and the Bunt is very knowledgeable on the culture. I mean, the fact that cassette is a local shop I’m already a fan. Ingrained in our culture to support each other.

Minor gripe, whenever they mention 510 skateshop they say “five ten skateshop” when everyone says “five one oh skateshop” lol. Minor detail but I have to think twice about what shop they’re talking about.

Reynolds episode needs to be 2-3 hours long if it happens.

nothing's been the since same

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 817
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #2377 on: June 03, 2023, 10:15:13 AM »
If you don’t mind me asking, how does it work getting your shop mentioned? Did you do anything? I figured the advertiser provides the list of shops to mention. With that said, skaters seem to have mental maps of skateshops on a local and global scale and the Bunt is very knowledgeable on the culture. I mean, the fact that cassette is a local shop I’m already a fan. Ingrained in our culture to support each other.

Minor gripe, whenever they mention 510 skateshop they say “five ten skateshop” when everyone says “five one oh skateshop” lol. Minor detail but I have to think twice about what shop they’re talking about.

Reynolds episode needs to be 2-3 hours long if it happens.
I have no idea how that works.I had no idea or influence.  Probably just a list and they pick a few?

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1578
« Reply #2378 on: June 03, 2023, 10:03:57 PM »
I think the sponsors or the distros send the list…..in Canada at least my guess is the distros send the names….the shops don’t pay for it…

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2379 on: June 06, 2023, 05:54:23 PM »
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

MorningSesh

• Rep: 75
« Reply #2380 on: June 06, 2023, 08:39:00 PM »

Dick Dastardly

• Muttley!!!
« Reply #2381 on: June 07, 2023, 02:52:59 PM »
Just finished the Jake Hayes episode. Strange the boys hadn’t heard of Luke Croker before. Coming up in Melbourne him and Lewis Marnell were the dudes.

Muttley!!!!

GauchoAmigo

• Rep: 66
« Reply #2382 on: June 07, 2023, 04:42:55 PM »
I went back and listened to Jerry Hsu's episode the other night and Dono talked about having a date with his ex three weeks from that episode to try to win her back....did he? Living happily ever after?

hoobastank420

• Rep: 4
« Reply #2383 on: June 07, 2023, 06:28:08 PM »
Slash confirmed Bunt Wipe

somedudefromnj

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #2384 on: June 07, 2023, 08:02:57 PM »
Just finished the Jake Hayes episode. Strange the boys hadn’t heard of Luke Croker before. Coming up in Melbourne him and Lewis Marnell were the dudes.

thanks for sharing! I remember being so hyped seeing him in Gravis kicks and it seemed like he disappeared after that part

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

Sidewalk Funk.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
« Reply #2385 on: June 07, 2023, 08:14:18 PM »
Watched that Luke Croker part so many times back when it got uploaded to YouTube. I found his skating to be really refreshing in that 2010s period of skating. Song and filming were great too.

French manicure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 256
« Reply #2386 on: June 07, 2023, 08:31:25 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

thanks for sharing! I remember being so hyped seeing him in Gravis kicks and it seemed like he disappeared after that part

Luke was so sick.  The last thing I saw from him was this instagram clip a few years ago

jdholmes

• Rep: 4
« Reply #2387 on: June 07, 2023, 10:14:16 PM »
Damn, was hoping for a banger Canadian skater or something to end the season off. Theres always next season.

icedancer

• Rep: -11
« Reply #2388 on: June 07, 2023, 10:16:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Luke was so sick.  The last thing I saw from him was this instagram clip a few years ago

He had a guest pro board for the Australian company Good Dudes in 2019 too.

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 251
« Reply #2389 on: June 08, 2023, 09:12:46 AM »
not the strongest season ender when lookin back at the tales of Curren or Ernie Torres keepin it real

As always, sad the season is over. I’d say omar, chris wimer, lee smith, and lui elliot epis were the highlights for me

to the bunt boys from a bunt hole if u see this, thanks for the season  :-*

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #2390 on: June 08, 2023, 10:32:18 AM »
not the strongest season ender when lookin back at the tales of Curren or Ernie Torres keepin it real

As always, sad the season is over. I’d say omar, chris wimer, lee smith, and lui elliot epis were the highlights for me

to the bunt boys from a bunt hole if u see this, thanks for the season  :-*
Lee and Clyde were the highlights for me. Omar was great.

SSBSTRS

• Rep: 6
« Reply #2391 on: June 08, 2023, 01:55:13 PM »
I went back and listened to Jerry Hsu's episode the other night and Dono talked about having a date with his ex three weeks from that episode to try to win her back....did he? Living happily ever after?

That was Cephas, and it was in the Leo Romero episode.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -484
« Reply #2392 on: June 08, 2023, 02:08:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Someone on here had him as their sig for years and I think it’s my first message on slap asking who it was , loved this guys style watched that welcome to krooked part religiously. Him and Bryce Golder were so sick from that era of Aussie skating .

Slash in the post office and them not acknowledging it is hilarious
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Dick Dastardly

• Muttley!!!
« Reply #2393 on: June 08, 2023, 03:30:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

Someone on here had him as their sig for years and I think it’s my first message on slap asking who it was , loved this guys style watched that welcome to krooked part religiously. Him and Bryce Golder were so sick from that era of Aussie skating .

Slash in the post office and them not acknowledging it is hilarious

Was it the 360 flip at 1.07 ? Because that’s one of the most beautiful ones ever done. Someone should GIF it
Muttley!!!!

the canadian suit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • Always lurking.
« Reply #2394 on: June 08, 2023, 05:16:27 PM »
I didn’t think that was THAT Brian Hanson, was it..?

Them not knowing Luke Croker or Jack Kirk was surprising though to be fair it sounded like he said Jack Crook
p-shuvs and v-flips

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #2395 on: June 08, 2023, 06:05:21 PM »
what’s the timeline on the slash story?

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

GauchoAmigo

• Rep: 66
« Reply #2396 on: June 08, 2023, 10:17:08 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'm fried, you're right, I listened to those both back to back. So is the love re-confirmed?

Dick Dastardly

• Muttley!!!
« Reply #2397 on: June 09, 2023, 12:17:13 AM »
I didn’t think that was THAT Brian Hanson, was it..?

Them not knowing Luke Croker or Jack Kirk was surprising though to be fair it sounded like he said Jack Crook

He did say Jack Crook. He’s an og ripper from Geelong/Melbourne, I wasn’t surprised they hadn’t heard of him but thought it was crazy they didn’t know who Luke was
Muttley!!!!

SSBSTRS

• Rep: 6
« Reply #2398 on: June 09, 2023, 02:27:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
I'm fried, you're right, I listened to those both back to back. So is the love re-confirmed?

Idk, I don't really recall him ever following up on that with the people, guess you'll have to slide into the Post Office to confirm.

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #2399 on: June 15, 2023, 07:37:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Am I the only one who didn’t particularly like this episode. Everything is “the most fucked ever” or “soo fucking insane” etc. and his stories either weren’t interesting or just told really poorly. For a guy who gets paid to write, seems like he doesn’t really have great vocabulary
[close]

If you use the term “wet/wettest ” to describe something good you lost me, pal.

I only heard that used for basketball shots
no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser