Author Topic: the Bunt is back  (Read 300260 times)

Beeda Weeda

Re: the Bunt is back
« Reply #390 on: June 18, 2020, 11:18:30 AM »
Expand Quote
You obviously are a repeat bunter
[close]
Only the Phelps one.

Just checked their episodes to make sure. If they did one with the scumbag from Skatopia I listened to that one, too. I didn't see it, though. If they did, well, you caught me. Maybe they have progressed. This was a long time ago, after all. But, they are still Canadian. They will always be Canadian cool guys. I hope they do well.

Also, the scumbag from Skatopia sounds just like his mother. Chainsmoking, drunk and probably high on meth straight from the Mountain Dew bottle.

Just my two cents.
bunting is a Toronto area or eastern Canadian slang for claiming a trick that you have absolutely no business trying, let outline calming.  It comes from an old Canadian forum called skatesinc. The voices are a sarcastic joke they do that they kinda get carried away with, and they will be the first to admit it.
Nobody cares about skatetopia. If I wanted to see a couple drunk barneys skating a bowl, I'd drive to the nearest small town anywhere in North America and I could find a similar scenario.

Neither of these guys are "Canadian cool guys", they are both dudes who actually skate, are both really good, very humble and show respect to the roots of skateboarding. It's by far the best skateboarding podcast.
I don't even know either of them, but I know they are down for growing skateboarding, culteral diversity. anti racism and having fun.

DannyDee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #391 on: June 18, 2020, 12:04:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Its hard to get through a full episode of the bunt, those guys have to be some of the most try hard annoying people on the planet
[close]
i thought that at first but it’s just their shtick. They actually talk about skateboarding in depth and know their shit. Way better than nine club imo they just don’t always get a-list guests
It is how a lot of Toronto skaters of that era talk, maybe played up a litte bit. They grew up in the era when the ghetto-gown was prominent.

Nine Club tends to only be good if they have a really good guest who is entertaining like Louie Barletta, or they know the person well (mainly Crailtap guys).

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1152
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #392 on: June 18, 2020, 02:00:48 PM »
Dennis Durrant is so underrated that I forgot how much I underrate him

I feel like it's only been in the last year or so that I havent watched this weekly....
http://vimeo.com/81383460

gotta get this back into my regular part rotation
« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 02:03:08 PM by art hellman »
hardly art, hardly starving

Zephyr-Cum

• Rep: -103
  • DIE
« Reply #393 on: June 18, 2020, 05:02:46 PM »
Bunting is a Toronto area or eastern Canadian slang for claiming a trick that you have absolutely no business trying, let outline calming.

So the use of Bunt in this case is ironic? Similar to their "cool guy" voices?

Sounds genuine to me.

I AM A FIGMENT OF YOUR IMAGINATION.

"Shalom".

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #394 on: June 18, 2020, 06:53:30 PM »

I feel like it's only been in the last year or so that I havent watched this weekly....

Not sure how this part didn’t bring him in way more love it’s so good

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #395 on: June 18, 2020, 07:06:57 PM »

I love this part. Can't believe he was somehow still Am at this point. Such great style.

Zephyr-Cum

• DIE
« Reply #396 on: June 18, 2020, 11:32:50 PM »
They grew up in the era when the ghetto-gown was prominent.
No excuse. It was easy to recognize this guy ...

... was a complete douchebag.

"Shalom".

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #397 on: June 19, 2020, 05:40:36 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I love this part. Can't believe he was somehow still Am at this point. Such great style.
such a good part, especially at that point in his career, the faikie flip over the ledge to drop, fakie fip 50 on that rail, and that fs heel over the bump to bar was gnarly as well as perfect.

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #398 on: June 19, 2020, 05:46:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Bunting is a Toronto area or eastern Canadian slang for claiming a trick that you have absolutely no business trying, let outline calming.
[close]

So the use of Bunt in this case is ironic? Similar to their "cool guy" voices?

Sounds genuine to me.
Can you explain the cool guy voices?
what social codes of yours are you hoping they abide by?
You are basically telling slap that you weren't in with the "cool guy sector" of your local scene growing up, and you can't let it go as an adult.

fakie n0llie

• Rep: -80
« Reply #399 on: June 19, 2020, 11:46:47 AM »
Ugh why can't the Nine Club podcast come back? They were so much better than these posers, I bet they can't even dolphin flip.

Zephyr-Cum

• DIE
« Reply #400 on: June 19, 2020, 12:14:18 PM »
Can you explain the cool guy voices?
what social codes of yours are you hoping they abide by?
You are basically telling slap that you weren't in with the "cool guy sector" of your local scene growing up, and you can't let it go as an adult.
I skate. I have for a while now. A lot of new people have come into and out of skating over the years. Great. But, I watch what happens. The early 2000s may have been the worst. People that adopt popular trends and surgically attach them to their personalities are losers. They have issues.

When they realize they are losers they drop skateboarding because it is so intertwined with their shame. A new bunch appears. They come to spots in flocks, act like they own the place with the latest and greatest "styles", and swiftly fuck off within 5 years. I've seen several waves of this and know what I'm talking about.

Cool guys only care about themselves. Not the "scene". They are in and out and use the "scene" like a security blanket that they eventually outgrow. They spray paint terribly - which often lasts far longer than they do - and have meltdowns regularly.

The Bunt may be legit. What little I've heard reminded me of people ca. 2004 that grew up physically, but mentally and emotionally are still 12-14.

"Shalom".

Garnet

• Rep: -87
« Reply #401 on: June 19, 2020, 12:19:20 PM »
grew up physically, but mentally and emotionally are still 12-14.

you say this like its a bad thing

figureitout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #402 on: June 19, 2020, 06:26:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
filled out my switch tre thingy had wenning taking it obviously
[close]

How is it possible they picked a top 16 and it doesnt include Bobby Worrest. Arguably the greatest switch tre ability of all time yet not even in their top 16
[close]
No Guy or Shane either was pretty fucked. Pretty sure either Guy or Rickk have the first documented switch tre.
[close]

Give the Bunt boyz a break...they from Canada and think Lil Stevie & Wade Desarmo know how to dress.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B_iWA8xlpuF/
[close]

What does how someone dresses have to do with style ? Dimwit.

You don't get it buddy.

mate it's pretty much 50% skating 50% clothing= style get it?

the cowboy

• Rep: 0
« Reply #403 on: June 20, 2020, 05:56:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
such a good part, especially at that point in his career, the faikie flip over the ledge to drop, fakie fip 50 on that rail, and that fs heel over the bump to bar was gnarly as well as perfect.
And his part and parcel part.  And his circa it's time part.  And his tricks in one of the old mystery videos.  Can't believe he was am so long and not yet pro for a big board brand.  It's been discussed so much.  Nuts.  Always one of my favorites.

Roast beef

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -733
  • My daughter is my world.
« Reply #404 on: June 21, 2020, 05:45:05 PM »
They should interview Biebel.
Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It’s the courage to continue that counts.

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #405 on: June 22, 2020, 07:00:57 AM »
season 2, episode 12
He came off like a moron

Zephyr-Cum

• DIE
« Reply #406 on: June 22, 2020, 02:57:07 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
season 2, episode 12
He came off like a moron

I thought, "Maybe I'm being too hard on them. Maybe I'm wrong." I tested out the Biebel episode. About 2 years since I listened to the Phelps episode. The hosts started arguing with Biebel about who was better, LeBron and Kobe, and I had to stop.

It was my second Bunt, and it will be my last. There is no way their voices are "ironic" in any way. Typical "sneakerhead" douchebags. Plus, they're Canadian. They should go back to drinking Schlitz (or whatever they drink) and duck hunting.

"Shalom".

robertson

• Rep: -8
« Reply #407 on: June 22, 2020, 04:50:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
season 2, episode 12
He came off like a moron
[close]

I thought, "Maybe I'm being too hard on them. Maybe I'm wrong." I tested out the Biebel episode. About 2 years since I listened to the Phelps episode. The hosts started arguing with Biebel about who was better, LeBron and Kobe, and I had to stop.

It was my second Bunt, and it will be my last. There is no way their voices are "ironic" in any way. Typical "sneakerhead" douchebags. Plus, they're Canadian. They should go back to drinking Schlitz (or whatever they drink) and duck hunting.
Well it's not for everyone.  I personally love the Bunt.  It's clear that they are just having fun.
As far as the slang goes; I remember reading something about Cephas in a Canadian magazine or something.  Whoever was talking about Cephas said he was a funny dude who has his own lingo, and will show up to a session with some random new word that he will throw around for the day.  It irritates some people, but they can always go listen to another skate podcast. 

KushBush

• Rep: 2
« Reply #408 on: June 22, 2020, 07:15:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
season 2, episode 12
He came off like a moron
[close]

What’s with the Canada hate? Lol. Sorry for being cool  8). Although I’m not from Toronto I’m pretty sure many people from there just talk like that, so I really don’t get the hate.

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 286
  • And you better believe: they're ALL silk
« Reply #409 on: June 22, 2020, 07:21:26 PM »
Hes just a wack dude with 230 wack posts whining about how shit isnt good enough for him. I'm glad you're not enjoying your experience.
Leave this earth and make it a better place.
I got beef with Brian sumner and it’s onsite for that fat fucking red coat.

Zephyr-Cum

• DIE
« Reply #410 on: June 22, 2020, 07:39:39 PM »
Leave this earth and make it a better place.
We're working on it. Believe that. But your statement doesn't make sense. Should I leave Earth and then make the Earth better? Or should I die and that will be the thing that makes the planet better? Leaving the Earth and somehow making it better from space would be quite the task. I guess I could try. But do you even deserve it? I don't know. I'll have a lot of time to think about it.

"Wack". The sort of thing a Canadian would say...

"Shalom".

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1566
« Reply #411 on: June 22, 2020, 10:57:06 PM »
Frig off....

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
« Reply #412 on: June 22, 2020, 11:02:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
season 2, episode 12
He came off like a moron
[close]

dude nobody gives a fuck if u listen to this podcast

DA BIG BODY BENZ

• Rep: -122
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #413 on: June 22, 2020, 11:13:53 PM »
The hosts make it impossinle to listen to. They try so hard to sound cool

dr. radishh

• Rep: 77
« Reply #414 on: June 23, 2020, 12:20:27 AM »

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #415 on: June 23, 2020, 05:16:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
season 2, episode 12
He came off like a moron
[close]

whats with your anti Canadian sentiment? It seems like you are generalizing an entire population off a single comedic stereotype that you heard somewhere in the media.
you seem like a sad guy, life gets better when you let go of the conformity and norms and instead of being upset that people are different than you, accept it and appreciate that people have a different perspective than you. Life would be really boring if we all thought exactly the same.

Zephyr-Cum

• DIE
« Reply #416 on: June 23, 2020, 06:37:47 AM »
you seem like a sad guy, life gets better when you let go of the conformity and norms and instead of being upset that people are different than you, accept it and appreciate that people have a different perspective than you. Life would be really boring if we all thought exactly the same.
Ah...

"Say goodnight to the bad guy."

"Shalom".

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1204
« Reply #417 on: June 23, 2020, 08:22:13 AM »
As a Canadian I can say we don't all duck hunt, I've only seen one moose in my life, and we don't drink Schlitz...we drink Molson. We all do talk exactly like Cephas though.
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.

KushBush

• Rep: 2
« Reply #419 on: June 23, 2020, 08:42:26 AM »
As a Canadian I can say we don't all duck hunt, I've only seen one moose in my life, and we don't drink Schlitz...we drink Molson. We all do talk exactly like Cephas though.

As a fellow Canadian, this. Right. Here.

But Alexander Keith’s all tha way.